Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
My wife loves this.
446_3601_large.jpg
Speed scrolling through the page I would've sworn that read "Mos Dank" and I thought that's a great name.

Is there any way to avoid getting hit with one of those bullshit foreign transaction fees when buying with PayPal via GoG? Seems like a pretty specific issue, but thought I throw it out here, even if it is the wrong thread.

I have never been hit with a foreign transaction fee.

If you're pulling the money from your bank instead of your PayPal funds, then that might be causing it.

I have used both debit card and bank account to pay through paypal and I have never had any foreign fee either, it may be related to your specific bank/card? I heard from other folks that had this happen, where their banks do charge a foreign transaction fee even when using paypal.

Anyone else having problems with security warnings from raptr.com When trying to go back a page on certain threads?

Having this problem with the Steelbook bluray thread and this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never been hit with a foreign transaction fee.

If you're pulling the money from your bank instead of your PayPal funds, then that might be causing it.
It probably is my bank, fuck ing knobs that they are. I guess I'll try adding money to my PP funds first and then using them to buy whatever, instead of going through my bank straight into transaction.

I have used both debit card and bank account to pay through paypal and I have never had any foreign fee either, it may be related to your specific bank/card? I heard from other folks that had this happen, where their banks do charge a foreign transaction fee even when using paypal.
Paypal changed their rules about sending funds internationally I believe. There was a discussion in the cesspool recently about alternate ways to send money because of it, but maybe that only affects F&F payments.

Are we safe from raptr as long as we don't click those sigs?
Jurai posted about what Caused it on the Target Clearance thread, but basic copy and paste is that the user wolverinefactor had a signature that was hosted on that website, and since google flagged that site as malicious, viewing any page that has his signature will bring up a security warning in chrome and firefox. (Not on mobile phones, though, for whatever reason)

Here's Hoping that he notices and removes it.

Edit: His profile page is fine, It just seems to be caused when he posts.

If someone is putting a signature from a phishing site certainly CAG ought to just get rid of that user? It can't be good for business for Google to be flagging Cheapy's website as "Dangerous".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2Z2CklSxM0

I didn't know Parsec was a thing. Lets you play couch co-op games with people online among other things. Have to try it later and see how well it works.
I live in Boston and my friend lives in LA, and the input lag is so small it's insane. I think anything that uses the right-stick to aim might feel a little weird, but outside that it's been great.

Today is a momentous day and confirms that this is the best steam sale in recent memory.  A card I've had on the market for 6+ months sold sometime today...for a whopping 3 cents. 

If someone is putting a signature from a phishing site certainly CAG ought to just get rid of that user? It can't be good for business for Google to be flagging Cheapy's website as "Dangerous".
In fairness, granted had to look it up, raptr was legitimate game tracker/game time tracker or whatever. It's been abandoned for a year-ish now though.

I bought a package of Starburst for the first time in many years tonight.  Candy+ Deals Mega Thread gave me a sweet tooth.

Yellow is the best pink is the worst, that is all I have to say about that.

2. Whoever asked about they Norwegian candy, is it the gummy people on this page?

https://sweets.seriouseats.com/2011/07/a-guide-to-norwegian-and-some-swedish-candy-slideshow.html
Nice find! But no. Not the ones. First, I was in the Netherlands. Second, from what I can recall, the people were from different professions - like one was a doctor, one was a construction worker, etc. Like the Village People of candies. But I don't remember an Indian. I don't think Indian is a profession.

If Google makes a console, I'm willing to bet it's going to be android based and plays basically mobile games.  Like the Ouya, only slightly less fail.

If Google makes a console, I'm willing to bet it's going to be android based and plays basically mobile games. Like the Ouya, only slightly less fail.
Looks like the one guy from Kotaku with all the sources thinks it'll be more like OnLive. A microconsole won't be much competition against the big three behemoths and their successors coming out in the next few years. I just use Bluestacks/Nox to play Android games that I don't have space on my phone for.

Some people just feel the need to fill in any field that lets them feel like they're making their space more "personalized." Like it's a badge of their individuality.

It's silly, of course.
I get why people have them; I might even still have mine for all I know. I just don't know why anyone READS them :whistle2:k

dropping my steam haul early since the sales have lost their luster awhile ago
Half-life complete
Pool nation fx full game
Pharaoh+Cleopatra (love this game back in the day)
Eternal Champions

I keep going back and forth on picking up Ni No Kuni 2.  I want it, but I don't want to spend money on it.  But if i buy it when it isn't absolute throwaway money then I will value it more which increases my chances of playing it against waiting for it to be cheaper which will devalue the product making it less likely I will play it even though it is the same game with the same inherent value.  Oh well, thus the life of a CAG.

I bought more than I would have expected but I also had a lot of Steam credit laying around and figured I might as well use it.  A lot of fairly inexpensive stuff with Positive ratings to take a chance on and a couple pricier splurges.  Barring anything else suddenly going on sale or becoming the new hotness in the next week, I think I'm done:
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Firewatch
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
RWBY: Grimm Eclipse
Valley
50 years
Haydee
Princess Maker 2 Refine
Clash of Cards
The Fidelio Incident
This Strange Realm Of Mine

Aliens v Predator Classic
Spintires: MudRunner
Redie
Diluvion
Zombie Estate 2
Republique
Pan-Pan
Zomborg
Swarmlake
Force of Nature
CAT Interstellar
Fantasy Versus
CAT Interstellar was from Humble Store and a couple games were gifts but whatever.

Here's my Steam Store Haul, mostly cheap games:

Mini Ghost

The Basement Collection

Refunct

Superflight

Strikey Sisters

Hell Girls
All You Can Eat

Breathing Fear

Almightree: The Last Dreamer

The Fidelio Incident