Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I tried Valley last night and liked it.  It's a first person exploration game with some platforming and shooter elements.  You play as someone looking for the fabled "Lifeseed" and wind up in the Colorado Rockies, stumbling across both the ancient ruins of a lost civilization and the more recent ruins of the 1941 military program that tried to exploit it.  Piece the together the story in the usual way via audio tapes and letters laying around.

The main gimmick here is the LEAF suit, a mechanical exoskeleton that allows you to make great leaps, protect you from falls and gives you the power to drain life from the environment around you or to restore the dead.  Leaping around is a lot of fun and reminds me a little of Prototype or Saints Row IV.  When you die, the suit drains life from the valley around you to restore your own so you'll see trees turned to dead trunks or the corpse of a deer that unwittingly gave its life for you.  Enough to guilt you into zapping it back to realm of the living.  Game play felt fairly casual; I think I'm probably halfway or more through it and only died a handful of times from ill-placed jumps.  Nice world, nice game play, nice music.

It appears this was in the Nemesis 4 bundle which explains why I have fifteen friends who own it.  I don't regret the $3.99 I spent on it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an FYI, the Re-Mars-tered version of Red Faction: Guerrilla is supposed to be released today.  And if you already own Red Faction: Guerrilla on Steam you get this updated version for free.

EDIT: Should be live now.  Looks like it's a brand new entry in the Steam library instead of replacing the existing Guerrilla.

I'm probably done with sale purchases... I didn't get much and mainly bought cheap DLC stuff that's been on my wishlist forever.

SpaceChem: 63 Corvi

Borderlands 2 Headhunter 1-5 and Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack 2

Dispersio

Reveal the Deep

The Castles of Dr. Creep

Princess Remedy in a Heap of Trouble

Gunmetal Arcadia Zero

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - from shrug's "drop" (thx)

Gifted 2 copies of Into the Breach

I'm probably done with sale purchases... I didn't get much and mainly bought cheap DLC stuff that's been on my wishlist forever.

SpaceChem: 63 Corvi

Borderlands 2 Headhunter 1-5 and Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack 2

Dispersio

Reveal the Deep

The Castles of Dr. Creep

Princess Remedy in a Heap of Trouble

Gunmetal Arcadia Zero

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - from shrug's "drop" (thx)

Gifted 2 copies of Into the Breach
This is the divorced guy's shopping list of haul posts...

QR3cyip.png

ayVwFqj.jpg

Is the Enhanced Steam Chrome extension misbehaving for anyone else?
Not Chrome, but ever since using Firefox Quantum (version 57+) Enhanced Steam slows the browser to a crawl every time I load a Steam page. It seems to be related to pulling the data from ITAD. I tried tinkering with all the cookie/tracking/etc. settings but couldn't rectify the issue so I've had ES disabled for a few months.

Not Chrome, but ever since using Firefox Quantum (version 57+) Enhanced Steam slows the browser to a crawl every time I load a Steam page. It seems to be related to pulling the data from ITAD. I tried tinkering with all the cookie/tracking/etc. settings but couldn't rectify the issue so I've had ES disabled for a few months.
I thought Enhanced Steam has been unsupported/no longer updated in Firefox for some time. Did this change?

I thought Enhanced Steam has been unsupported/no longer updated in Firefox for some time. Did this change?
Yes, a couple years ago when Firefox introduced a new API for extensions that apparently resolved the issues that had blocked jshackles from continued development for ES on FF before then.

19 free games on Twitch Prime over the next couple weeks. Lots of previous bundle fodder, but some good stuff. 

twitchprime-july.jpg

yea they updated it to work with the latest firefox, but it has been broken ever since the new 'quantum' or whatever they call it, version of FF was released. Its been busted since then with the slow loading. I wanted to switch to FF but wont without a working ES

Picked up Evil Within 2 from NewEgg and I am going to get the first one... do I really need the season pass for EW1?   I am bothered by the idea of paying 6 bucks for it especially since it has been less than half that outside of Steam.   Wondering if it is really needed story-wise or if I should skip it.

Twitch should give Steam keys.
^That would be great if they did. I bought Pillars (POE) a while back and still have not bought the expansion pack. I am tempted to just get POE definitive and Tyranny.

I have been offline for a while, just got back into town late last night. I crafted a badge on my main and alt Steam account (alt is mainly for family) yet I cannot get into the alien game. I also have no bought anything this sale. I think I am just going to wait until Winter Sale.

I know it is off topic, but in all seriousness, please PM me if anybody just wants to talk/blow off some steam. I purposely "unplugged" for 10 days because too much drama and chaos.

At the end of the day, people here on CAG are my extended family. I hope everybody is ok.

Pretty sure I'm done with the summer sales at this point...my haul:

From steam:

Recettear

Vanquish

From Fanatical:

Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition

Baldurs Gate: Siege of Dragonspear

Hopefully there are some good humble monthly reveals friday to make up for the crappy sales. Also I have typically had a backlog of old games to buy that are pretty much always cheap every sale, Recettear is one of the last ones in that category though, so depending on whether the Halloween/Winter sales see some price drops it's possible I don't buy anything from steam in one of those sales for the first time since opening a steam account

So, twitch prime is giving away a ton of games this month, many of them are bundle repeats, but there are some new ones in there. Most notable to me is Tyranny, which will be available from July 16-18, but there is alsoObserver, available from July 11-17, and Red Strings Club (July 15-21). Of course this wouldn't surprise me then if any of these are in the reveals or early reveal titles for next month this Friday from Humble monthly. Even if they are, though, those are really great additions. 

For anybody that doesn't know, to have twitch prime you just need to link your twitch account to your amazon prime account. 

My haul so far:
- anno 2205 ultimate (uplay)
- dying light complete
- Pac-Man and the ghostly adv
- battle zone
- explodemon

All from nuuvem

Maybe I'll grab age of innocence from steam before the sale ends

Gothic Universe Edition ($3.99)- GOG's last few sales have me going back and picking up old RPGs. I'll probably never play them, but 99 cents each is right around my buy price for reasonably well-reviewed CRPGS of days gone by.
I would actually advise you do go ahead and play Gothic 1 & 2. Both of those are, at least, very good. IMHO, Gothic 1 is actually great...despite the awesome, yet overly abrupt (cliffhanger) ending.

Gothic games are also difficult - so if you want challenging games, look no further. You can literally walk down one path/direction and slaughter enemies like its a cakewalk; and then take another route, run into a huge troll, and it bloody one hit kills you. Quicksave all the time in this game; you'll need it and really need to do so to survive.

Yeah, they're older games and its the typical clunky-as-hell PB-style combat for their RPG's (proper mouselook for aiming in combat wasn't really added until Gothic 3) - but the levels of atmosphere & immersion w/ NPC's sitting around at camps, eating food, full-fledged voice-acting, sharpening blades, having conversation you can walk into people in the midst of having, and doing things at its time was revolutionary. All of their RPG's are pretty much known for this stuff. All of their RPG's, especially the Risen games (with its pirate-y focus, especially in Risen 2 & 3), are great at having the game loaded w/ atmosphere.

Bethesda learned a ton from these games, if you ask me (i.e. go see Oblivion w/ full on voice-acting and Skyrim w/ having NPC's actually doing things instead of just walking around). And well, so did also a lot of the industry, too.

Bethesda learned a ton from these games, if you ask me (i.e. go see Oblivion w/ full on voice-acting and Skyrim w/ having NPC's actually doing things instead of just walking around). And well, so did also a lot of the industry, too.
Maybe I'm not understanding but NPCs in Oblivion did more than just walk around... They had their own day they followed. Hell, I use to steal the armor off of NPCs while they slept just for the laughs.

Yeah there was some form of RADIANT (!!!) AI in Oblivion.  Although Mister Deeees' underlying point is right: NPC 'activity' cycles were in Gothic 1 which predated Oblivion.  I can't say if Gothic started it, though.

Although Mister Deeees' underlying point is right: NPC 'activity' cycles were in Gothic 1 which predated Oblivion.
Yup. That was my point exactly.

Oblivion did have schedules and whatnot that NPC's ran on and they could react to your trying to steal stuff - but Gothic had NPC's actually doing 'activities' (as Mooby put it) also: blacksmiths sharpening blades, NPC's talking to each other, NPC's sitting around campfires chilling, etc etc.

Gothic series & also the Risen series really knew how to make the game-world feel so alive and that the wheels were always in motion, immersing you into the world so that it makes you feel like you're right there.

I enjoyed Gothic 1 but for whatever reason i just can't get Gothic 2 to work on my computer
Those games are old.

So, they can be a pain to get running.

Make sure you get the Gothic 1+2 System Fix mod/package, so they'll actually work on Win 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.

More details on how to install Gothic 2 here - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=239914776

EDIT:

GOG Version of G2: Gold works out the box, so if you have it there...you won't really need to do much to get it going.

Gothic 2 has issues with the Steam overlay. Try disabling it and launching the game.
Don't have these on Steam, but I do (at some point) want to get them there [if I can get them cheap enough].

I already own these from retail and also G2: Gold on Amazon DVG.

Good to know. Thanks for sharing this, Mooby.

I look forward to the sequel in a few years when we find out that the Saliens were actually the bad guys and we all just took part in genocide against the unfortunately named Duldrumz.

I look forward to the sequel in a few years when we found out that the Saliens were actually the bad guys and we all just took part in genocide against the unfortunately name Duldrumz.
Saliens 2 coming next summer. Be exited. Salies 3, however will never come.

So, twitch prime is giving away a ton of games this month, many of them are bundle repeats, but there are some new ones in there. Most notable to me is Tyranny, which will be available from July 16-18, but there is alsoObserver, available from July 11-17, and Red Strings Club (July 15-21). Of course this wouldn't surprise me then if any of these are in the reveals or early reveal titles for next month this Friday from Humble monthly. Even if they are, though, those are really great additions.

For anybody that doesn't know, to have twitch prime you just need to link your twitch account to your amazon prime account.
Word is: Amazon Tony is at Twitch Prime's Marketing Division.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/8vpq6s/twitch_pillars_of_eternity_definitive_edition/e1pdflj/

No wonder Twitch Prime's Games have been so good. Certainly does explains a lot. Geez....

My haul, not a lot of great discounts but wanted that 5% cash back (and to clear my wishlist a bit):

Chime Sharp ($1.99) -- 2.5D Chime, some new modes and obviously new songs.

Blood Bowl 2 -- Was iffy but decided to finally pick it up, and really liked it so far, though I haven't even finished the introductory campaign yet >

bread's done
Back