Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The double-dips are real.

Cesspools:

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (console re-buy)

Red Faction: Guerrilla Steam Edition (console re-buy)

Resident Evil / biohazard HD REMASTER

South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ (console re-buy)

IndieGala:

Lucy -The Eternity She Wished For-

Yakuza 0 (console re-buy)

Steam:

Mark of the Ninja (console re-buy)

Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition (console re-buy)

Slay the Spire

Nuuvem:
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year (console re-buy)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯     ¯\_(ツ)_/¯     ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by a moderator:
My summer sale haul:

Double Dragon IV
I maybe missed this one...depending on the price and all.

How much was this during the Steam Summer Sale?

EDIT:

I been on that nostalgia trip and started last night River City Ransom: Underground. I'm having a blast w/ it. Combat's a ton of fun and feels like a true sequel to the old RCR USA version NES Classic.

To get over the depression left behind by the Summer Sale I started playing Kingdoms of Amalur.

It's better than I remembered when I tried it several years ago.

Granted, I didn't make it out of the tutorial area before my brain turned off.

Mental note, don't judge games based on tutorial areas.

See, what you did Steam...instead of buying games, I'm playing them. And from Origin. What the  fuck

Anyone played Distrust?

It's 75% off at $3 in the Fanatical Sale.

EDIT:

Anyone played Westboro?

I see Inmate bought this - and somehow, I missed this title....and it was already even on my damn (1000+ game) Steam Wishlist. Looks cool.

To get over the depression left behind by the Summer Sale I started playing Kingdoms of Amalur.

It's better than I remembered when I tried it several years ago.

Granted, I didn't make it out of the tutorial area before my brain turned off.

Mental note, don't judge games based on tutorial areas.

See, what you did Steam...instead of buying games, I'm playing them. And from Origin. What the fuck
Amalur has fun action combat but:

1) The game is too easy, even on the hardest setting;

2) The writing and quests are unbelievably shallow.

3) The 'dungeons' are copy/paste lower grade visually than Morrowind;

4) It plays like a single player MMO... there are tons of 'zones' but almost all of them feel empty and generic.

I haven't tried the HeartCore Mod for Amular - but I do know people do recommend it, if the game's too easy for you.

EDIT:

But, yeah - combat in the game feels great; especially w/ the gamepad and all. I really liked the Dead Kel DLC, which has way more personality than anything else in the entire game (the rest of the base-game and also the other Teeth of Naros DLC).

Amalur's one of my favorite games for brain-off fun. I bought the PS3 version even after 100%ing it on PC

Steam Haul:

Spaceport Hope

Until I Have You

Dreaming Sarah

The Fidelio Incident

Point Perfect

Intralism

NO THING

Canabalt

Less than 10 bucks for everything so I splurged and grabbed a steam link to finish off my gift card :)

EDIT:
I been on that nostalgia trip and started last night River City Ransom: Underground. I'm having a blast w/ it. Combat's a ton of fun and feels like a true sequel to the old RCR USA version NES Classic.
Anyone played Distrust?

It's 75% off at $3 in the Fanatical Sale.

EDIT:

Anyone played Westboro?

I see Inmate bought this - and somehow, I missed this title....and it was already even on my damn (1000+ game) Steam Wishlist. Looks cool.
All three of those seem like they should soon be in bundles I'll probably want anyway. I passed on them for that reason.

Canabalt is fantastic. I play it regularly, and have a score just outside the top 20.

What I love about it is that there is no random deaths. You can survive everything you come upon, provided you don't mess up. The downside to that is you can only blame yourself when you do die.

Final Steam Summer Sale Haul: Nothing

Games on my wishlist were either too new eg. Yakuza 0 or poorly priced eg. Lego City Undercover 

I maybe missed this one...depending on the price and all.

How much was this during the Steam Summer Sale?

EDIT:

That was one of my summer grabs too. Underground really does feel like a sequel to River City Ransom, although that's a double-edged sword. You forget all the grinding you had to do as a kid to get your character at full strength, but boy does Underground bring all that tedium back into sharp focus. If you get bored with one character and switch to another, the XP doesn't transfer, so you're back at square one.

Still, it's got a lot of heart. The script is even better than it was in the original ("I'm not crying! I'm just secreting liquid sadness!") and there's more variety in the characters. Members of the "NERDS" gang look genuinely like nerds instead of Technos headswaps, and they fight the way an actual nerd might, tossing chemicals from a distance and cowering in fear when you beat their friends. It's way better than other attempts at reviving the RCR gameplay, like Scott Pilgrim... I just wish it weren't so damn grindy.

I didn't buy too much else in this sale... I just grabbed a few titles for my friends, since the discounts were so steep. I think I got some Asteroids clone for myself, and maybe something else. Heck if I can remember. For what it's worth, I didn't think the sale was bad at all... just because they weren't selling new releases at 75% off doesn't mean there wasn't good stuff available. You just had to dig deep, and look for some indie titles. I could have bought a dozen games in the sale if I were more personally invested in Steam... heaven knows there were plenty up for grabs.

I bought stuff, some cheap, some not remotely cheap.  I also leveled my badge up to 13 because I had that many cards and didn't want to bother listing them.  Apparently you get a new badge up until 10 for the sale and then it stops.  *shrugs*

A badge for 55k?  Well that is insane.

Actually that makes me wonder, how the hell would someone even level a badge into the thousands?  Scripts?

I never leveled a sale badge beyond one before this sale.  I wouldn't mind having some more profile unlocks if I ever get bored enough to do something with it but mostly I just didn't care about selling the cards considering they were going for so little. 

Looking at that badge page I just realized that I didn't see a single foil despite usually getting a few every year and having probably 10x the cards that I have had in the past (I never do the pre-sale crafting thing).  Weird.

It was $3.49. I played a lot of double dragon as a kid on the nes so despite the mixed reviews I imagine I'll get my monies worth out of it.
Thanks for the info. I'll have to look forward to the next Steam Sale for that one. Hopefully, it's that price or lower in future sales.

I really liked Double Dragon 1 & 2 in the arcades; and Double Dragon 2 & 3 on the NES.

Double Dragon 1 NES was quite good too. A bit different than the arcade version, but still good.

A badge for 55k? Well that is insane.

Actually that makes me wonder, how the hell would someone even level a badge into the thousands? Scripts?
I'd use that card money for 500+ games, but some people are just really, really, incredibly stupid. Nobody cares about the badges.

So I'm in the process of trying to set up Archi Steam Farm 2FA. In the tutorial for it, it says that I start by creating a "new empty BotName.maFile". What on God's green Earth is a .maFile, and how do I create one?

I get that once I've created it, I'm supposed to name it with my primary account's bot name. But I have no idea how to even create that kind of file.

EDIT: Figured it out.

I'd use that card money for 500+ games, but some people are just really, really, incredibly stupid. Nobody cares about the badges.
About a year ago I realized that it had been almost 4 years since I bothered to look at another user's badge page. With that realization came the further realization that nobody gave a shit about my badge page either. After that I almost completely abandoned crafting badges. Oh, I still do it if I really, really liked a game. But 99% of my cards just get listed on the market these days. Including sale event cards.

So I'm in the process of trying to set up Archi Steam Farm 2FA. In the tutorial for it, it says that I start by creating a "new empty BotName.maFile". What on God's green Earth is a .maFile, and how do I create one?

I get that once I've created it, I'm supposed to name it with my primary account's bot name. But I have no idea how to even create that kind of file.
It's a mobile authenticator file.
Based on the quick google search, it looks like you need to have a rooted phone or a desktop app, pull the information out of the appdata and then format the data to fit what's being looked for and then save it as a maFile. There's probably someone smarter than me that knows a better way to do it, but that's way too much effort and an extra layer of security-defeating that I'm not willing to go through.

I got a few things this sale.  Maybe less than some previous few sales, but not by all that much.  I generally don't grab a whole lot--maybe one major purchase and some big discount stuff.  This sale was mostly light on the big discount stuff as I has most of it already.

Spintires: MudRunner

Thief DLC

Don't Starve Together (extra copy for my wife's account)

Stardew Valley (son's account so it's not limited to family share availability)

Geometry Dash (son's account again)

Portal 2 (wife's account for mp)

Pinball FX3 - Aliens vs Pinball

Pinball FX3 - Universal Classics Pinball

Pinball FX3 - Bethesda Pinball

Pinball FX3 - Marvel's Women of Power

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Upgrade DLC

Word Wonders: The Tower of Babel

Skipped other DLC I had been wanting because it either wasn't discounted enough or I figure I can wait until next sale.

I went into the sale with plans on for sure buying the Pinball FX3 DLC, Don't Starve Together, Stardew Vallew, and Geometry Dash.  I guess I didn't end up getting much more than that.

I got a few things this sale. Maybe less than some previous few sales, but not by all that much. I generally don't grab a whole lot--maybe one major purchase and some big discount stuff. This sale was mostly light on the big discount stuff as I has most of it already.

Spintires: MudRunner

Thief DLC

Don't Starve Together (extra copy for my wife's account)

Stardew Valley (son's account so it's not limited to family share availability)

Geometry Dash (son's account again)

Portal 2 (wife's account for mp)

Pinball FX3 - Aliens vs Pinball

Pinball FX3 - Universal Classics Pinball

Pinball FX3 - Bethesda Pinball

Pinball FX3 - Marvel's Women of Power

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Upgrade DLC

Word Wonders: The Tower of Babel

Skipped other DLC I had been wanting because it either wasn't discounted enough or I figure I can wait until next sale.

I went into the sale with plans on for sure buying the Pinball FX3 DLC, Don't Starve Together, Stardew Vallew, and Geometry Dash. I guess I didn't end up getting much more than that.
love pinball fx3! i started getting all the tables when the 60 fps patch was released for switch but i picked up all the star wars tables on steam during the sale since they're not on switch . i actually prefer using the shift keys on my keyboard more than a controller now that i've used both

I played about 3 hours of Into the Breach yesterday so here are impressions.

Graphics:

Pretty good honestly. They're pixelly and such, but feel kind of like an Advance Wars type of graphics, though a bit more gritty. 7/10

Sound:

Music is alright for the most part. There are no voices. The sound of all the attacks and shots is gratifying though. Makes you feel like you really are causing some damage. 7/10

Gameplay:

This is more of a puzzle turn-based strategy game than anything. You're always trying to minimize casualties and solve your objectives, which are randomly assigned to each island which you are doing missions. Missions reward power to protect your station (your health for keeping your cause going), and tech points used to buy upgrades and other stuff after you finish an island.

This game is very hard. You need to learn how to knock back enemies to ruin their attacks, as well as do more damage. When you hit an enemy into an obstacle, such as another enemy, you do one more point of damage. They are tough, and there are an OK amount of different enemies. You can and will lose. You learn from it and hopefully leveled someone that survived.

Some people say the game gets repetitive, and the islands feel very similar, but I find the puzzle gameplay interesting. Also the varied units of different factions leads to a lot of different strategies. They unlock slowly, but it's fun to try new ones. 8/10

Final Thoughts:

I overall enjoy and am going to have further fun with the game. The games are generally short, so I can squeeze in plays around other activities. 

Hopefully this one gets bundled, but it gets a thumbs up from Nitro!

So I started profile stalking since I was feeling old. While it seems I'm on the upper end of the range compared to many of the regulars, I'm kind of surprised at the overall age range which I would have assumed to be much lower. I guess cheapassedness is a learned trait with age. 

And good job The End. I hope I'm still playing games at your age.

Would there by any reason to pick it up early? Or is it best to just play through the game and then venture through Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine later?
They're pretty standalone adventures, really. Hearts of Stone takes place in the same general area as the other parts of the game, so you could easily move back-and-forth in that case, but Blood and Wine lies exclusively in Toussaint, which you can think of as a kind of medieval France (as the name implies). I would probably do what I did, which is play through the base game and jump into the expansions afterwards. You can always take a break in between the two if you're a little Witchered out at that point. The Season Pass and GOTY versions will probably go on sale for cheap during every major sale in the near future (and probably more often if you're playing GOG versions).

love pinball fx3! i started getting all the tables when the 60 fps patch was released for switch but i picked up all the star wars tables on steam during the sale since they're not on switch . i actually prefer using the shift keys on my keyboard more than a controller now that i've used both
Maybe this has something to do with you using one of those weird Nintendo things, but I completely disagree. It's a son-of-a-bitch to get any kind of decent score with a KB+M on Pinball FX as opposed to using a controller. It's a fun game but I would never attempt to KB+M it again.

Maybe this has something to do with you using one of those weird Nintendo things, but I completely disagree. It's a son-of-a-bitch to get any kind of decent score with a KB+M on Pinball FX as opposed to using a controller. It's a fun game but I would never attempt to KB+M it again.
Are you joking? Maybe the mouse is the issue - I don't think there are mouse controls. KB all the way.

Maybe I'll try with the controller at some point.

I got a few things this sale...

I went into the sale with plans on for sure buying the Pinball FX3 DLC, ...
If we're not already Steam friends, add me https://steamcommunity.com/id/DrR0Ck/ for fairly easy to beat Pinball FX high scores.

Are you joking? Maybe the mouse is the issue - I don't think there are mouse controls. KB all the way.

Not joking. My experience has been that it's much easier and more fun with my XBOX 360 wired controller than KB. Make of that what you will.

While it seems I'm on the upper end of the range compared to many of the regulars, I'm kind of surprised at the overall age range which I would have assumed to be much lower. I guess cheapassedness is a learned trait with age.
I noticed that there were a lot of guys aged 30+ when I started posting here back when. I guessed it was a combination of PC gaming being more popular among people who grew up in the PC boom and people needing to be (hopefully) financially established before +1'ing as a hobby. I could be wrong though. It could be that only old people still use internet forums and all the kids are sharing deals via Snapchats.

I noticed that there were a lot of guys aged 30+ when I started posting here back when. I guessed it was a combination of PC gaming being more popular among people who grew up in the PC boom and people needing to be (hopefully) financially established
"Pounded in the Butt by the Second Mortgage I Took So I Could +1 Games to Not Play When I am Homeless" by Chuck Tingle.

So I started profile stalking since I was feeling old. While it seems I'm on the upper end of the range compared to many of the regulars, I'm kind of surprised at the overall age range which I would have assumed to be much lower.
Mental maturity has no real bearing on physical age.

Besides fart jokes, mom jokes, pizza never really go out of style.

So I started profile stalking since I was feeling old. While it seems I'm on the upper end of the range compared to many of the regulars, I'm kind of surprised at the overall age range which I would have assumed to be much lower. I guess cheapassedness is a learned trait with age.

And good job The End. I hope I'm still playing games at your age.
I noticed many CAG PC game regulars were around my age when I took a look back in my early CAG days.

If we're not already Steam friends, add me https://steamcommunity.com/id/DrR0Ck/ for fairly easy to beat Pinball FX high scores.
Already on there. You can't miss the pinball screenshots I'm always posting for one of my groups.

Not joking. My experience has been that it's much easier and more fun with my XBOX 360 wired controller than KB. Make of that what you will.
As far as I know most of the pinball competition group members use a controller.

Shenmue I and II HD seems to be quite overpriced, especially compared to the cheaper and much more modern Yakuza 0. 

By the way, some post-Summer Sale MSRP drops on Steam includes GTA V dropping to 30 USD. The new Canadian MSRP is excellent, at $30 CAD. DOOM 2016 has dropped to 20 bucks. 

Humble Bundle July

Hearts of Iron IV

Blackwake

Portal Knights

Strumblehill (Humble Exclusive)

Forts

Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition + Ragnarok DLC

Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom

Interplanetary: Enhanced Edition

Serial Cleaner

Next Month...

A Hat In Time