Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I played most of all Borderlands solo.  The times I grouped up with 1-2 of my buddies we were different levels and it wasn't much of a cooperative experience.   It was only great if you had a static party, only played those characters when together, and were all the same level. 

zGold Bros Alert - Monster Hunter for $40

Load Monster Hunter, Fly O'Clock, Normality and Chompy Chomp Chomp. Total is $50 which pushes you into the 20% discount and the whole cart comes out to a clean $40 in zGold. The other games are Steam keys so farm cards, give 'em away on Steamgifts, backlog Monster Hunter to play Fly O'Clock, whatever.

Credit to Cheaplikeafox for coming up with the idea so I could waste office time mix & matching bundle games to hit the magic $50 mark.
I remember why I got annoyed and cancelled my last GG order: manual review. At least now, I've got a game I already had and didn't play on PS4, that I can not play on PC, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I "beat" Strikey Sisters.

It's worth the $0.40 if you like block breaking games.

I don't know how the coop works cause

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A

I wished it was more like Wizorb though.  Like buying stuff, using magic more than once, mouse support, etc.

I skipped the story because it seemed silly.

Very small midgame review on Prey 2017:

I bought the game a few weeks ago when it was 8 bucks or whatever on GMG, definitely a good deal. If you like the new Deus Ex games (or the old ones...or System Shock) I think you'll like Prey, it has a pretty similar philosophy in terms of being able to approach the game in a variety of ways. The game starts kind of slow, and the combat is very difficult until you get access to Psi mods (which operate pretty similarly to plasmids in Bioshock), I've started loading neuromods (the things you use to upgrade yourself) into Psi abilities recently and while the damage enemies do is still unforgiving, the game has gotten a lot easier as a result. Prey might be my favorite game I've played this year, depending how the rest of the game unfolds. I definitely recommend it, but if you're hoping for some shooter you'll probably be pretty disappointed. 

Nah, we talk about recent games a lot around here. As a matter of fact, I just spent some time playing Prey yesterday and really enjoyed it. Lots of interesting ideas like spirit walking and portals, although I thought they could've done a little more with the Native American mythology. Still, much better game than Doom 3 IMO.
Prey Classic was really good.

Yeah, Prey Classic is much better than Doom 3. The opening for Prey is outstanding, for starters. Prey Classic has a lot of cool, interesting, and awesome stuff going on - such as the portal and spirit-walking. Also, the way it makes you feel like an alien in their space-ship and their world, especially w/ their cool weapons and whatnot - was awesome.

Doom 3 is quite good, but it is actually not a good Doom game. It's nowhere as fast, furious, quick, and intense on the action as all of the Classic Doom games (Doom 1 & 2 and Final Doom) and Doom 2016. Doom 3 (base-game) felt much more deliberate, slower-paced, and survival-horror style - but man, when that game came out, was it drop-dead gorgeous technically & really set the mood w/ its excellent lighting.

EDIT:

Very small midgame review on Prey 2017:

I bought the game a few weeks ago when it was 8 bucks or whatever on GMG, definitely a good deal. If you like the new Deus Ex games (or the old ones...or System Shock) I think you'll like Prey, it has a pretty similar philosophy in terms of being able to approach the game in a variety of ways. The game starts kind of slow, and the combat is very difficult until you get access to Psi mods (which operate pretty similarly to plasmids in Bioshock), I've started loading neuromods (the things you use to upgrade yourself) into Psi abilities recently and while the damage enemies do is still unforgiving, the game has gotten a lot easier as a result. Prey might be my favorite game I've played this year, depending how the rest of the game unfolds. I definitely recommend it, but if you're hoping for some shooter you'll probably be pretty disappointed.
Prey 2017 is definitely an "immersive sim" like that of the Looking Glass (i.e. go see System Shock 2) and Ion Storm ilk (i.e. Deus Ex). Arkane's also really good w/ the "immersive sim" style of RPG/first-person shooter hybrid. Arkane has proven this time and time again - Arx Fatalis, all of the Dishonored series, and now Prey 2017. Arkane's just awesome at world-building & environment-building, making you feel like you're actually there in that world, land, and interacting in.

Here's what bugs me about Yakuza 0: I play videogames to escape from reality and play out a fantasy of things I can't do in real life; if I wanted to suck at singing and dancing, I don't need any help with that.

Eh, I played 1/2/TPS solo and enjoyed doing so
Yeah, well, I'm old and I suck (see above).

https://youtu.be/dG2lJ3mmQC4

QuakeCon 2018 Keynote (Doom Eternal @ 1:09:09)
https://youtu.be/Wd87p39jcQo
CreepyPreciousAzurevase-size_restricted.gif

Silly question for the console peeps: Has anyone bought PSN credit from Direct2Drive? Can you buy a $10 gift card multiple times or just once? Anyone know?

I "beat" Strikey Sisters.

It's worth the $0.40 if you like block breaking games.

I don't know how the coop works cause

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A

I wished it was more like Wizorb though. Like buying stuff, using magic more than once, mouse support, etc.

I skipped the story because it seemed silly.
Strikey Sisters is a game I want to like more than I actually do. It looks nice... there's no problem there. However, it's pretty obvious that it's running on the same engine as their other game Bot Vice, and that engine is just not well suited to Arkanoid-alikes. What kind of nimnul makes a widescreen block breaker without analog control? I must have repeated the first stage four or five times because the ball slipped through the chasm between me and the edge of the screen, or because a monster cheap-shotted me while I was paying attention to the ball, or because that damn spider dropped a pool of acid spit on the bottom of the screen, making my character even slower. Sure Wizorb was boring, but at least it was fair.

Yeah... lack of mouse support sucked.

I spammed the attack button constantly since it destroys enemy projectiles and deflects the ball in a larger area than your body.

Found a blog post from March from Robot Entertainment (developers of Orcs Must Die series) saying they've laid people off after pooping out Hero Academy 2 for mobile. They say they have one internal game in development. Probably Hero Academy 2 for Steam but maybe, just maybe, they realized the error of their ways in making Orcs Must Die a F2P abomination and are developing Orcs Must Die 3. We can only hope.

Found a blog post from March from Robot Entertainment (developers of Orcs Must Die series) saying they've laid people off after pooping out Hero Academy 2 for mobile. They say they have one internal game in development. Probably Hero Academy 2 for Steam but maybe, just maybe, they realized the error of their ways in making Orcs Must Die a F2P abomination and are developing Orcs Must Die 3. We can only hope.
Never understood why they did that. Taking a game I liked enough to play through multiple times with friends (OMD2), creating some shitty F2P game out of the series, and then letting what was great about OMD1 and 2 die was really disappointing. No one gave a shit about Unchained, I don't know why they didn't stick to a formula that worked.

Never understood why they did that. Taking a game I liked enough to play through multiple times with friends (OMD2), creating some shitty F2P game out of the series, and then letting what was great about OMD1 and 2 die was really disappointing. No one gave a shit about Unchained, I don't know why they didn't stick to a formula that worked.
They fell hard for the F2P MOBA bullshit. They wanted those DOTA bucks.

Here's what bugs me about Yakuza 0: I play videogames to escape from reality and play out a fantasy of things I can't do in real life; if I wanted to suck at singing and dancing, I don't need any help with that.
use a trainer, scrub.

i'm playing Yakuza 0 so i can live out my fantasy of beating up the Japanese. running a hostess club.

use a trainer, scrub.

i'm playing Yakuza 0 so i can live out my fantasy of beating up the Japanese. running a hostess club.
That's funny because I'm playing Yakuza 0 so I can live out my fantasy of sitting at the computer staring at cut scene after cut scene after cut scene until my controller turns off.

Yeah... lack of mouse support sucked.

I spammed the attack button constantly since it destroys enemy projectiles and deflects the ball in a larger area than your body.
The people who made this game have been posting counterpoints to all the negative reviews on Steam, and I'm just rolling my eyes at the lengths they'll go to excuse its fundamental flaws. "We didn't want this to be another dull Arkanoid clone!" (So you made a crappy one instead?) "We wanted to make our characters move at an even speed so you could play it with a keyboard!" (Because a ball and paddle game works so well with those) And what pissy defense would be complete without "Git gud?" Hey, you first.

So is that last point really a thing people care about? Were people itching to run their private home server of Fallout 76?
It's a Fallout title. Many are still not happy about the online-only thing.

Like myself, I'm sure many are unhappy that there's no offline mode.

And who knows, some probably might still want to run their own private home server.

Hell, both Todd and PCG have addressed this all.

From PCGamer:

Will Fallout 76 private servers still be online-only?

Looks like it, though there hasn’t been any tech-side specifics involving how exactly private sessions will be hosted (PC-hosted servers, main server connection requirement, etc.). When asked about the possibility of offline play, Howard had this to say: “You cannot [go offline]. You will see—even if you’re playing by yourself doing quests—you will see other players, and you can interact with them, you can ignore them, because there is a quest line.” But who knows what modders will come up with?

PC Gamer - Fallout 76 changes Perks w/ Perk Cards.

-- There's still no level cap.
-- There are 100's worth of Perk Cards out there.
-- Perks are now Perk Cards set and can be swapped in & out at every level.
-- You can even share Perk Cards w/ players.
-- Until Level 10, you get a Perk Card Pack (containing 4 cards) at every 2 levels
-- After Level 10, you get a Perk Card Pack (containing 4 cards) at every 5 levels.
-- At every level until Level 50, you can sink points into SPECIAL stats...and then pick a Perk Card(s) to equip.
-- At Level 50, you are done w/ adding points to SPECIAL...but you can still earn Perk Cards.
-- Each card has a specific value, which are tied to your SPECIAL stats.
-- You can equip Perk Cards that add up to your SPECIAL stats; i.e. you have a 3 Points in Strength and have 3 one-point cards, you can equip 3 of these cards.
-- You can upgrade Perk Cards & their actual point values, causing them to be more effective.

PC Gamer - Fallout 76 changes Perks w/ Perk Cards.

-- There's still no level cap.
-- There are 100's worth of Perk Cards out there.
-- Perks are now Perk Cards set and can be swapped in & out at every level.
-- You can even share Perk Cards w/ players.
-- Until Level 10, you get a Perk Card Pack (containing 4 cards) at every 2 levels
-- After Level 10, you get a Perk Card Pack (containing 4 cards) at every 5 levels.
-- At every level until Level 50, you can sink points into SPECIAL stats...and then pick a Perk Card(s) to equip.
-- At Level 50, you are done w/ adding points to SPECIAL...but you can still earn Perk Cards.
-- Each card has a specific value, which are tied to your SPECIAL stats.
-- You can equip Perk Cards that add up to your SPECIAL stats; i.e. you have a 3 Points in Strength and have 3 one-point cards, you can equip 3 of these cards.
-- You can upgrade Perk Cards & their actual point values, causing them to be more effective.
rPWPJZS.gif

So is that last point really a thing people care about? Were people itching to run their private home server of Fallout 76?
Maybe to the extent it could be modded to create some kind of decent single-player experience. Ostensibly it seems about as 'fun' to play solo as Killing Floor but given the Bethesda modder community is about a thousand times more abundant than KF I could imagine someone throwing together some kind of plot told via quest text.

@Mooby

If given all the files & with it on the FO4 engine (modified); sure, I would not put it pass modders to take this game, mod it, and get it to work also offline.

EDIT:

That's what I liked about Killing Floor: play it offline or online.

Just finished Prey (2017). It wound up being somewhat up and down. The first few hours start slow and are pretty aggravating as your character is pretty under powered. Once you get a few upgrades the game opens up, and it really hits its sweet spot between about 2 hours in through about a little less than half way through the story, when you first get psi mods. The psi mods initially add more depth and variety to combat, and the initial upgrade or two evens the odds against enemies so it's a fair fight so long as you're not playing stupidly. If you're doing a bunch of sidequests and collecting materials, though, it becomes very easy to become overpowered, particularly once you level up a few of the psi offensive powers. The last 1/3 of the game you can easily rip through enemies without thinking about your strategy. Because of this, the game becomes less tense, and the good level design which accommodates a variety of approaches is unimportant as you stop planning your way through the level and just start barging through it. Part of the character being overpowered was my own fault for doing all the sidequests and crafting Neuromods, but at the same time I think a big reason is that the offensive psi powers are just too powerful. 

Another issue is there's a point in the game toward the end where things change very quickly (mild, nonspecific spoilers follow)
when a certain character arrives, in addition to the alien enemies there are suddenly a ton of robot enemies swarming you, which changes the nature of the gameplay from tense/stealthy to action. It's repetitive and chaotic and annoying, and while I think it makes sense in the context of the story, I didn't care for it

Overall though, I really liked it. In a future playthrough I might restrict my use of psi offensive powers or something,  or make the obvious choice to play at a higher difficulty, overall though I'd give the game like an 8.5/10. 

12 is Better Than 6 MTQQ2-T5BGG-ZJ3CP

AI War: Fleet Command 0FF2B-0IJV3-PJK6R

Assassin's Creed: Unity CRCC-77BK-NR7A-ACA3 (Uplay)
Assassin's Creed: Unity - Chemical Revolution Mission 8AJ9-LMNP-AVU9-QPY3 (Uplay)

Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition IPJJM-0QCGG-WB8TP

Borderlands 2 BRXGP-2K4G7-4AA33
Borderlands 2 Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack CNAEB-ZAZKA-GPJQJ
Borderlands 2 Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 C98TJ-7AAQM-FKKZQ
Borderlands 2 Mechromancer Character Pack C085G-RR6TH-PWB6M
Borderlands 2 Psycho Character Pack C8ZY4-THQH6-ZTGB9

DISTRAINT: Deluxe Edition K7KAH-8KE2X-70PCD

The Flame in the Flood 6GIT5-6MZM4-68FJ7

Killing Floor 2 EY77L-7PNN8-RNYGY

Life is Strange Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) 6JBI9-Q6T7W-7J3XD

Black Flag in some ways felt like too much different.  I got the sense the naval portions seemed to appeal to many mostly because they were different, not because they were anything special.  I'm not saying they were bad--they were OK. But I am saying they weren't good enough to not become a chore by the end of the game.  (Though, really, isn't that the case with most gameplay elements in just about any sprawling open-world game?)

Black Flag in some ways felt like too much different. I got the sense the naval portions seemed to appeal to many mostly because they were different, not because they were anything special. I'm not saying they were bad--they were OK. But I am saying they weren't good enough to not become a chore by the end of the game. (Though, really, isn't that the case with most gameplay elements in just about any sprawling open-world game?)
I think once you hit somewhere in the 10-50 hour mark - sure, an open-world game can get repetitive & over-stay its welcome. It's really gonna depend on how good the main missions are, side missions are, collect-a-thons galore, if there is variety in the missions; if there are lots of different gameplay hooks; leveling schemes; lots of different weapons/items/systems; if there's any crafting systems; how strong/weak the main story & character development is; any/or other elements.

I think AC's for me can get more repetitive b/c they seem to come out yearly and are often very similar in structure/design - especially when they are doing the AC1, AC2, ACB, AC Rev, AC3, and ACU style of things. Also doesn't help that a lot of other Ubi games (i.e. Far Cry series, Watch Dogs series, etc) and other companies (i.e. see Homefront: The Revolution) do indeed copy this structure and style for open-world games.

After about 25 hours of so of Mafia 3, I really ain't gone back to it - it feels too repetitive gameplay-wise, despite the fantastic story. After about 50 hours of ME:A, I was pretty much done....and that game didn't have that great of a narrative. ME:A and Mafia 3 both have insane amounts of side-quests & collect-a-thons - and in both games, I feel even after lots of hours, hoping the story would be done by now - eh, I'm not even close to done w/ its arc, it feels like; not even close at all.

I'm actually excited for AC: Odyssey b/c it does seem like it's bringing back that Black Flag style of naval traversal and combat that I really liked in that game. Probably helps that I ain't touched AC: Rogue yet also.

Part of the character being overpowered was my own fault for doing all the sidequests and crafting Neuromods, but at the same time I think a big reason is that the offensive psi powers are just too powerful.
Nah. I did a 100% "Human" run (no psi power branch) and the final chapters are still pretty easy. By that time you've maxed out your offensive gun skills and leveled up your weapons plus ammo isn't scarce since you have enough stuff to make more regularly. So it was a lot of walking in and shotgunning almost everything down, and using the laser-thingie on the rest. Maybe a recycler grenade now and then.

Nah. I did a 100% "Human" run (no psi power branch) and the final chapters are still pretty easy. By that time you've maxed out your offensive gun skills and leveled up your weapons plus ammo isn't scarce since you have enough stuff to make more regularly. So it was a lot of walking in and shotgunning almost everything down, and using the laser-thingie on the rest. Maybe a recycler grenade now and then.
Yeah, the laser gun obliterates pretty much everything. I rarely used it because the kintetic blast and psychoshock skills were so effective. Reading your experience and thinking it through I can see how ignoring psi skills could still be fairly easy toward the end since you'll probably be maxed out on the human side, have the laser gun to take down bigger/tougher enemies, and the grenades are there obviously (I rarely used mine...about 3/4 of the way through I realized I had about about 15-25 of each type of grenade just from finding them in the environment and wound up putting most of them in the recycler).

Have you tried playing on hard or nightmare? I played through on normal, and like I said was really satisfied with the difficulty until about 1/2 way through.

Played to level 40 in the CoD BO4 beta...

Not looking good.

Snipers are stupidly broken to the point that if they don't fix them I can see this being the worst COD ever.

So Street Fighter V Deluxe is on Humble for 48.49 for a few more hours.  I have a fair amount of humble credit (27 bucks) too so I've been thinking about it... but, I just don't know.  I want it.  Just not sure how much entertainment I'll get out of it.  

In more worthwhile news...  I got a new cellphone this weekened and swapping steam guard over to my new phone was reasonably easy and my account was never once not under the protection of Steam Guard...  But I'm still looking at a hold on the marketplace.  (Guess it was a good time to get a new phone as there isn't shit going on but its still stupid.)

bread's done
Back