Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
There's one of those Omen monitors right down the road from me for $174, but I can't be bothered to put on clothes.
G-Sync and being well over 60hz is absolutely worth it.

No tearing, no graphical weirdness, and no input lag.

Looked at the SKU - 27'', 1440p, 165hz, and G-Sync....that all sounds insane at that price.

This Omen is a 165hz 1440p 27" g-sync monitor. They're $349 at several stores in my area which is what I paid. I've been watching it like a hawk, hoping for the prices to go down further, and got nervous today when the listings disappeared at all of my local stores on brickseek.

Unfortunately the Omen is only a TN panel. But I've got a pair of crappy old 60hz 1080p TN panel monitors from like 8 years ago, so I think it will be a solid upgrade. I'd love to have a 1440p IPS panel (This is my dream monitor) but they are $600-700 new and $500+ refurbished, which is significantly out of my budget. I had $190 in gift cards at Walmart so I'm hoping that this one will work out.
As great as IPS is and all w/ picture, color, and angle quality - TN is still absolutely fine; especially for that price with high framerate/refresh support.

Nothing like having insane framerates - especially when you take massive hits and only notice them in your framerate counter b/c everything is going so fast & smooth already being way the hell over 60fps. you just don't notice it in feel and gameplay. It's like nothing ever happened, dropped, or went wrong!

Then when the words G-Sync also get thrown in...and then this gets into "don't think, go run & get it now!" turf. No screen tearing, no input lag, no graphical weirdness - amazing.

None of those Omens around my area though, according to Brickseek. Not that I really need another panel or anything, especially since now getting the ViewSonic G-Sync 240hz XG2560 1080p monitor.

EDIT:

That ROG dream monitor of yours looks awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
G-Sync and being well over 60hz is absolutely worth it.

No tearing, no graphical weirdness, and no input lag.

Looked at the SKU - 27'', 1440p, 165hz, and G-Sync....that all sounds insane at that price.
The g-sync module alone costs $200. That amount is basically the g-sync tax.
I already have an AOC 144hz 1080p g-sync monitor, so... not as tempting, especially since I'm very seriously considering buying a new mobo, cpu and ram.

1080, for now. I have a 4K OLED tv that's also connected to my PC, and the response times aren't nearly as good as I'd like, but good enough until 4k monitors with HDR are more affordable.
If I had an awesome GTX 1080 and was near a Walmart's w/ that kind of deal...

...at $174, I would be all over that for high framerates (over 60fps) at 1440p w/ G-Sync.

Not sure, they list what they accept. It says Visa, Visa Debit, Paypal, Mastercard, American Express and then some weirder stuff. Are you able to buy Amazon GCs with your prepaid debit? I have some GMG credit I've been meaning to burn so we could do a 1-1 trade if you're interested.
I don't have a prepaid card at this point. The only site that I use regularly is Humble so I was wondering.

There's one of those Omen monitors right down the road from me for $174, but I can't be bothered to put on clothes.
Is there anything we can do that would prompt you to wear clothes?

I'm really just disturbed by the idea that anyone around here is not wearing clothes. I picture everyone here as their fully-clothed avatars, and I like it that way, by gum!

I don't have a prepaid card at this point. The only site that I use regularly is Humble so I was wondering.
Prepaid cards will work at any site that accepts Visa, Mastercard etc. They work just like a regular check card as long as you have it registered to you... whenever you get one, there should be a website where you can check your balance, and register your name and address. You have to do that first before they work online though.

Prepaid cards will work at any site that accepts Visa, Mastercard etc. They work just like a regular check card as long as you have it registered to you... whenever you get one, there should be a website where you can check your balance, and register your name and address. You have to do that first before they work online though.
I think it depends on the prepaid card, but some don't work on foreign sites like GMG if the card was bought in the US

Also, on the hardware front... as we approach Black Friday I've been monitoring prices of GPUs. Most 1080's I've seen are still hovering around $500 and I've seen 2070's going for that, too. 1070ti's are around $430-450. 1070's around $400 or so.

What are the AMD equivalents out right now? And let's say I wanted to try out 1080p at 144hz -- what would that require?

(Yes, yes, VRAMZ!!!)
At 1080p, at high settings not ultra I bet you can get away with a gtx 1060 or amd RX 580 (new 590 this month, prolly not worth a price premium). To be safe with some extra breathing room, depending on a good sale ($240-320) for a 1070 or Vega56/64.

Did someone say G-sync monitor?

20181101-190207.jpg

Just picked up one of these clearance HP Omens from Walmart. Wish me luck. Hopefully it looks nice and has no dead pixels, color bleeding, or uniformity issues.
Not the type of item I would buy from Walmart... I hope it was packaged well.

Not being on the sales side, I never understood why Amazon basically abandoned it's push for increased digital (PC) game sales. Not enough profit margin vs work invested would be my obvious guess.
My guess is that their only significant sales came from deeply discounted games with slim margins and, if the games weren't on sale, people would just buy them via Steam. Unless you have Amazon credit, why would you buy a new MSRP game there and plug the key into Steam versus just buying it from Steam? Publishers got disenchanted with offering Tony deep cuts and there were fewer sales, fewer games got sold and Amazon figured "This isn't really working or worth pushing".

Honestly, I'm not sure how some of these online digital retailers stay in business. Who the hell is shopping at DLGamer? Are there people who think "Hey, I want a copy of Space Dragon Warriors 6 -- guess I'll head to DLGamers for a Steam key"? Gamersgate tries to lure people with Blue Coins, zGold discounts and having a selection of offbeat Euro-stuff you can't get on Steam. GMG runs more sales and is trying to get into the self-publishing thing. GOG of course has their own platform... Amazon really never tried to establish a hook for buying games from there short of grandma giving you an Amazon gift card for Christmas. Didn't Tony move to mobile? That at least makes sense since Amazon has its own mobile ecosystem with the Fire products and Amazon app store. And now they're pushing Twitch as a game platform so that at least makes some sense.

My guess is that their only significant sales came from deeply discounted games with slim margins and, if the games weren't on sale, people would just buy them via Steam. Unless you have Amazon credit, why would you buy a new MSRP game there and plug the key into Steam versus just buying it from Steam? Publishers got disenchanted with offering Tony deep cuts and there were fewer sales, fewer games got sold and Amazon figured "This isn't really working or worth pushing".

Honestly, I'm not sure how some of these online digital retailers stay in business. Who the hell is shopping at DLGamer? Are there people who think "Hey, I want a copy of Space Dragon Warriors 6 -- guess I'll head to DLGamers for a Steam key"? Gamersgate tries to lure people with Blue Coins, zGold discounts and having a selection of offbeat Euro-stuff you can't get on Steam. GMG runs more sales and is trying to get into the self-publishing thing. GOG of course has their own platform... Amazon really never tried to establish a hook for buying games from there short of grandma giving you an Amazon gift card for Christmas. Didn't Tony move to mobile? That at least makes sense since Amazon has its own mobile ecosystem with the Fire products and Amazon app store. And now they're pushing Twitch as a game platform so that at least makes some sense.
I'm constantly surprised how well our digital outlets perform. Outside of Steam is 10% of our business, which is significant. To the point on Amazon, in 2014 Tony and the team were killing it. They were our #2 partner and eclipsed all other outlets by a large margin. Tony and the team moved on to other projects (pretty common at Amazon) and a new team with very little experience in gaming was put in place. The business tanked. It almost always boils down to people...its that simple.

I'm constantly surprised how well our digital outlets perform. Outside of Steam is 10% of our business, which is significant. To the point on Amazon, in 2014 Tony and the team were killing it. They were our #2 partner and eclipsed all other outlets by a large margin. Tony and the team moved on to other projects (pretty common at Amazon) and a new team with very little experience in gaming was put in place. The business tanked. It almost always boils down to people...its that simple.
Shots fired!

:twoguns:

AmazonJosh where ya at?

I would bite on Force Unleashed II if it would ever hit sub $5. Its been in a few bundles in the past but I haven't seen it any lower than $5 since. Its nice to see another rep stop by, its been awhile since poor Josh disappeared.

What was the answer to that batman question you used a few days back? I felt like I should've known it but couldn't think of anything.
I find this to be a reasonable request :) Enjoy!

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/star-wars-the-force-unleashed-ultimate-sith-edition-aspyr

Also, Aspyr_Blair...we need an avatar for you or else we'll just assume you're a ghost or one of the non-regular regulars to the thread and accidentally make fun of/troll you.

Edit: But, seriously, it's good to see some reps back here. I hope you find some success and stick around awhile.

Humble Bundle November

Hitman The Complete First Season

Hollow Knight

7 Days To Die

Resident Evil: Revelations

Dead Island: Definite Edition

Sniper Elite

Sniper Elite V2

The Dwarves

Hard Reset Redux

vApe Escape (Humble Exclusive)

Next Month...

Metal Gear Solid V + Ground Zeroes + Phantom Pain

Cities Skylines + After Dark Expansion 

Humble Bundle November

Hitman The Complete First Season
Hollow Knight
7 Days To Die

Resident Evil: Revelations
Dead Island: Definite Edition
Sniper Elite
Sniper Elite V2
The Dwarves
Hard Reset Redux

vApe Escape (Humble Exclusive)

Next Month...

Metal Gear Solid V + Ground Zeroes + Phantom Pain
Cities Skylines + After Dark Expansion
I should like your post for all your hard work but I don't want to give Humble any belief that I like this bundle so you're getting nothing.

But thanks.

There was a time when Fanatical accepted prepaid debit cards and now they don't. I don't have a credit card and I've had issues before when I've had to get a new debit card because of unauthorized purchases, so I'm skeptical about using my debit card on sites such as GMG. It's not worth having to dispute a charge or something just to buy a $10 bundle that includes games that I probably won't even get around to this year.

wow it's like a whole new world playing Overwatch in 144 fps g-sync.   I have never experienced anything higher than 60hz before and had no idea what I was missing out on.  The lag and the tearing is simply gone and everything is silky smooth.  FPS just became exponentially more enjoyable.   I can't wait to try out BF1 later this afternoon. 

TV Talk:

True Detective S3 looks like a return to form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btoZfxs0pE0

bread's done
Back