Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I played a long time ago and started to go back but if you hadn't logged on during an update that story stuff wasn't free (I guess that was the "Living World" stuff?) and it seemed like it would run into a lot of money in a hurry. Is that still the case and if so how expensive would it be to catch up on the game other than the two expansions themselves? I have the Heart of Thorns expansion from a sale but not the newer one.
Their currency is gems, and while they charge 125 gems per $1 on the in-game store, you can usually get 100 gems for $1 on ebay. You get any Living World episode for free if you log into the game during the first two weeks of its release (even if you don't own any expacs), otherwise all Living World S4 episodes are 200 gems each. Living World S3 package can be bought for 960 gems and contains 6 episodes, and S2 is 1280 for 8 episodes. The episodes sometimes get a further discount during Wintersday (the GW2 holiday season). Path of Fire was $15 this past week. You might be able to get Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire for $30 total in December. You can also trade gold for gems, which is nice since you can progressively farm your purchases instead of buying with cash.

I really like the game, they change things around well enough to keep it interesting. The stories are generally good and have good voice acting. And yeah, no sub means you can pay as little or as much as you think it's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, those days aren't coming back. Fighting Tiamat in FFXI for like 6 hours straight was not worth it.
I played Everquest from 1999-2006 and then off and on after that. I am grateful to have been able to experience the game in its infancy when everything was new and people didn't have the mechanics memorized and it was a whole exciting new world. When I was a kid playing Dungeons & Dragons in the 80s and daydreaming about what a computerized version that really felt like D&D might be, I was pretty much imagining Everquest so to see it realized was amazing. I have a ton of great memories of that time, even the grindy miserable bits.

That said, I wouldn't want to ever do it again. I'm not in my 20s any longer, able to stay awake until 4am waiting on a rare raid spawn to pop and race to it. I don't have time for three hour corpse recoveries. And, of course, there is no going back to a time before you knew about how to game aggro and what stats were king and minmaxing. And the games that tried to recapture that have failed, probably in large part because the nostalgia looks good on paper but, in reality, people who cut their MMORPG teeth on that are all married now with mortgages and kids and shit to do.

Was fun while it lasted though :)

The Aspyr Publisher Sale starts today on Steam.  Every title in our catalogue will be on sale, and at Black Friday level discounts.

10am PST...you all are the only ones on the net that know :)

I played Everquest from 1999-2006 and then off and on after that. I am grateful to have been able to experience the game in its infancy when everything was new and people didn't have the mechanics memorized and it was a whole exciting new world. When I was a kid playing Dungeons & Dragons in the 80s and daydreaming about what a computerized version that really felt like D&D might be, I was pretty much imagining Everquest so to see it realized was amazing. I have a ton of great memories of that time, even the grindy miserable bits.

That said, I wouldn't want to ever do it again. I'm not in my 20s any longer, able to stay awake until 4am waiting on a rare raid spawn to pop and race to it. I don't have time for three hour corpse recoveries. And, of course, there is no going back to a time before you knew about how to game aggro and what stats were king and minmaxing. And the games that tried to recapture that have failed, probably in large part because the nostalgia looks good on paper but, in reality, people who cut their MMORPG teeth on that are all married now with mortgages and kids and shit to do.

Was fun while it lasted though :)
Did you ever meet anyone named Kaelon? He used to play Everquest day in and day out.

Moar free stuf!

Talisman: Digital Edition - G7F0Z-ADPMA-F0K** (numbers missing are for a silver celebration)
Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War® - Game of the Year Edition - 0AVBL-Y***0-GAIYH (missing letters are a month)
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide - 029CJ-K5CYR-ITV** (missing letters are a comic book company)

Logitech Spectrum G502 mouse DOTD on Amazon today. https://smile.amazon.com/Logitech-Spectrum-Shifting-Personalized-Programmable/dp/B019OB663A/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1541509945&sr=1-1&keywords=logitech+502

I know there are some fans of the G502 here. Worth a buy at $38.75?

Edited to add: Now that the new Hero model is out, would it be better to wait for a sale on that one?

Edited again to add, per camelcamelcamel, this is an all time low price.
G502, G403, and G600 are all great.

I have G502 Proteus Core version. It has a few more buttons than the G403, which is good. It has a mouse-wheel that you can click and toggle it, to make it go endlessly, if you like by flicking the wheel in a certain direction (mouse up or mouse down); I think it's a really cool and nice feature. I got this from Best Buy for $30 last year.

G403 might have the least buttons on it, even though it has 2 buttons on the left side - but it's very much like a typical normal mouse otherwise. For me, this was the easiest to learn, since it's very similar to most mice. Except it's got a much better build than most mice. Seriously, it just has a great feel to it and it works great. It also has a weight that comes with it, which you can can equip inside the mouse on the very bottom to make it weighty (or less weighty if you take it out) - up to you.

G600 is the toughest to learn, with a hell of a learning curve - but very rewarding, if you can hack it. It's a tough curve b/c it has tons of buttons on the left side (12) to coincide w/ the amounts often found on MMO games' hotbar (i.e. around 10-12) and is way bigger in size than both 502 and 403. The buttons on the left side are also very close, so you might accidentally hit other buttons; I know I do, every now and then. Not a mouse that I use all the time, as I will use it though for games like RPG's and MMO's that have a ton of keys on the hotbar that I really need.

But, most of the time - it's either that I'm using the G502 or G403. Mostly, the G502.

EDIT:

Also, the Logitech Gaming Software is great. Make sure you install it and use it. You can set-up templates and use them to set-up profiles for games. If you want, you can set-up profiles for every single game. Depending on what mice and keyboards you use - you can set-up RGB and stuff of that sort too, if it's supported.

Never had a bad Logitech product in my lifetime. Great stuff.

Try the G930 headset. I dare you
This caused me to wince from painful memories of that melon vice clamp.

In other news, thanks to the people here who recently brought attention to the the 27" HP Omen clearance deal. I just saw that it dropped to $279 at a nearby walmart that has 3 in stock. Going to hit it up in the morning.

G600 is great if you can use most of the side buttons and if the mouse is comfortable in your hand.  Some people seem to have trouble with more than the first six so it is a good idea to test out in a store and see how comfortable it is for you.  I had one of those Naga Epic mice which died and I decided to try the G600 to see if it held up better than the Naga and so far so good.  Naga died before it was two years old, the G600 I purchased in 2015 and it is still working fine.  I actually bought a second one last fall when Amazon had it for 24.99 just to have a spare.

Interesting. Never thought of trying Logitech for headsets and sound-related stuff.

Still haven't.

I always have used them for keyboards and mice though.

EDIT:

In other news, thanks to the people here who recently brought attention to the the 27" HP Omen clearance deal. I just saw that it dropped to $279 at a nearby walmart that has 3 in stock. Going to hit it up in the morning.
If you grab it, let us know what you think of the monitor - after throwing some games at it and using those fast refresh rates with G-Sync.

Just thinking about those drivers gave me a headache. For the record, I was a main tank in a competitive guild during tbc and wotlk and I was famous for raiding without using ventrilo because that fucking headset's usb dongle had interference with my wifi while in wireless mode. To rub salt into the wound I got a second free G930 at a Pax convention from those dumbfucks about 4 years ago. fuck that headset.

I'm glad that I don't have to shell out hundreds of dollars on headsets. I hate wearing headphones over my ears for extended periods of time. My Corsair 2.1 speaker setup is one of the best investments I have ever made. It's still going strong after six years.

If I had to buy something new today for PC speakers, I would get this one for $120. The Logitech Z623 is priced better than any of the similar 2.1 setups that preceded it and its 200watts RMS. That's more powerful than previous iterations of logitech speakers for the last 15 or so years (outside of the crazy 5.1 pc setups). For several years it was the Klipsch 2.1 for 150 bucks. All of the other consumer grade pc speaker setups have only a fraction of the sound power.

I place my headset on my desk, and use bookshelf speakers.
I do the same thing.

and don't have any privacy either apparently, lmao
its more than that. Playing games with friends who do not have headsets but instead use desk mics is incredibly annoying. The majority of them end up with the sound from their speakers bleeding through and in some games you cant even hear them because of it (i.e. helicopter noise in BF4).

If Im just playing a single player game, then sure, I use my speakers. If its a multiplayer game though Im damn sure using my headset both for my convenience and others

its more than that. Playing games with friends who do not have headsets but instead use desk mics is incredibly annoying. The majority of them end up with the sound from their speakers bleeding through and in some games you cant even hear them because of it (i.e. helicopter noise in BF4).

If Im just playing a single player game, then sure, I use my speakers. If its a multiplayer game though Im damn sure using my headset both for my convenience and others
I use push-to-talk and wear my headset around my neck just to use the mic. I don't annoy fellow players with ambient noise like an asshole. Yes, it is incredibly annoying.

I love how fox aka "Mr clickity clack munch munch" liked your comment.

I had a HyperX Cloud II and I loved it, but I'm pretty sure the detachable USB soundcard thingy broke on mine. It doesn't stay connected anymore and has some static issues, but the actual headphones themselves work just fine when only using a headphone jack. You just can't use a mic or the built in 7.1 surround. eBay has the USB piece, but they're around $30 and at that point I might as well just get a new headset.

I've been using the Corsair Void Wireless for a while now and it's alright. Sound is good, wireless is convenient sometimes, but the comfort level is nowhere near the Cloud IIs, plus they're big, bulky, and plastic compared the Cloud's pleather/aluminum combo.

Unkle Adams here - motivational speaker, rapper, and counter bully. I need all of your help with my ALAM mission. I am trying to earn at least a million dollars and at least a million Spotify listeners before the new year. I am currently almost $300,000 in debt trying to get my rap career started. If you could all please subscribe to my Youtube channel, stream my music, and purchase some of the merchandise from my website then it would get me closer to my dream. I've already sold my house and car in order to put equity into my music, so it shows you that I am serious about this mission.

And speaking of Steam, I don't play Fortnite. But if I did then I would be an absolute savage at it.
riported for plagiarizing my life's story

CYOdFdB.gif

Who is the owner of this website? I have been visiting deal savings sites all day today and felt that the song "At Least a Million" would be a perfect theme song for this site. Please have your users stream it on Spotify:

You can feel like a million dollars

Even with a couple of bucks in the bank man

Take a good look in my wallet

You might find a bit of dust a post stamp
The owner of the site had a really bad experience with the post office so I'm not sure how much he'd like the song.

+1

Today, 05:18 PM

Hi, my name's UNK. I told the world I'm gonna make $1,000,000 from the rap game.

Buyer: UnkleAdams
I appreciate the positive feedback, Mr. Adams, but unfortunately I can't accept it as I didn't really earn it. Thanks all the same.

holy shit its mah boi UNK! never expected him to post on cag. guys a rap legend. don't let anyone try to bring you down unk, youll get your million!

bread's done
Back