Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
It'll be bad whatever day it starts.

Also, seems like solid state drives are dipping in price after a few years of dubious pricepoints. Any reason why I shouldn't just get a 500 GB to 1 TB SSD and not even bother with a standard/mechanical drive?

Last edited by a moderator:
None.  I have a smaller, faster SSD for my OS and a larger, slower one for my games.  I on;y still have HDDs for stuff like pictures and music.

The best deal in the sale (imo) looks like Divinity: Original Sin Collector's Edition.

It's 14 dollars, comes with Divinity OS, Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity, and an extra copy of Divinity OS. 

So if anybody wants to split that with me let me know, would effectively make D:OS 7 dollars, or 82.5% off

Looking over my wishlist, Sonic Mania for $6.79 (66% off) is a strong deal. Most everything else I had an urge to play recently is only 20-33% off.
I saw sonic mania 66% off and was somewhat tempted, but it feels like that'll be a bundle headliner soon enough. Of course I thought the same with Divinity OS for like the last 2 years

It'll be bad whatever day it starts.

Also, seems like solid state drives are dipping in price after a few years of dubious pricepoints. Any reason why I shouldn't just get a 500 GB to 1 TB SSD and not even bother with a standard/mechanical drive?
The 1s have been on sale lately, but 500Gb - 1Tb is a little small for my personal tastes. If I were you, I'd do a hybrid setup: grab a 500Gb for your boot drive and a conventional drive of at least 2-3Tb for data storage.

The 1s have been on sale lately, but 500Gb - 1Tb is a little small for my personal tastes. If I were you, I'd do a hybrid setup: grab a 500Gb for your boot drive and a conventional drive of at least 2-3Tb for data storage.
The thing is I really don't store that much and when I finish a game I will generally uninstall it. Of course, there is the argument that AAA games are getting larger in size so a 1TB might soon not be enough.

For reference my current (from a four+ year old build) HD is only 500 GB and I've never come across a situation where I simply couldn't install the handful of games I play concurrently and that's even with trash like WoW taking up space (and I only play that like two months a year... probably not at in the future, though, since I think the new expansion is awful).

[For further reference I don't download much in the way of movies, tv shows, music, etc.]

Yep, the deals on SSD's look good across the board. Four years ago when I built my current system the prices were not really worth the gain, imo.

What is the consensus on the RX580 8gb vs the 1060 6gb?  With the ebay coupon either one is about $190.  Or maybe waiting until black friday is the best option.  There is a 1070 for $280 that I might just go with instead.

What is the consensus on the RX580 8gb vs the 1060 6gb? With the ebay coupon either one is about $190. Or maybe waiting until black friday is the best option. There is a 1070 for $280 that I might just go with instead.
Pretty much the same performance. You can see a bunch of gaming benchmarks here or skip to the last page for the averages.

If you're getting the AMD game bundle (pick 2 of Division 2, DMC 5 and/or Resident Evil 2) then that might be worth tipping the scales since the performance is so similar.

What is the consensus on the RX580 8gb vs the 1060 6gb? With the ebay coupon either one is about $190. Or maybe waiting until black friday is the best option. There is a 1070 for $280 that I might just go with instead.
Between the two, performance is so similar I would go with the best freebies, which right now is the 580.

Let this man upgrade his rig with the sweet power of Ryzen and RX580 in peace please.
So what's the difference between a Ryzen 2700X and Ryzen 2700 (or Ryzen 5 2600x or 2600)? I'm guessing that's like the K in Intel -- ability to overclock? Or do the Ryzens overclock 'automatically' without requiring anything?

i gotcha. CAG in me says wait till xmas sales, but hey, treat yoself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsABTmT1_M0
I'd always assumed the Black Friday sales were better than the Christmas sales.

I bought the msi b350 tomahawk for $70and ryzen 2700x for $330. Are these good prices for performance? I was going to maybe get a zotac 1070ti for about 350. Also 32gb of corsair ram about $200

So what's the difference between a Ryzen 2700X and Ryzen 2700 (or Ryzen 5 2600x or 2600)? I'm guessing that's like the K in Intel -- ability to overclock? Or do the Ryzens overclock 'automatically' without requiring anything?

I'd always assumed the Black Friday sales were better than the Christmas sales.
So the 2700 has lower clock rates than the 2700X. You can overclock the 2700 to reach comparable speeds as the 2700X but it would require an aftermarket cooler. For the price difference, I'd go with the 2700X that's good to go out the box with no OCing and runs fine with the Wraith cooler.

^ It's about a $60 difference between X and no X. Although I'm not someone who is tech savy enough to overclock with platnum grills so the more 'push button to start' simple it is, the better. Even then, would it be a noticeable difference? Both the X and non X come with the Wraith cooler. And, I guess, how much of a difference are those over the 5 2600's?

I bought the msi b350 tomahawk for $70and ryzen 2700x for $330. Are these good prices for performance? I was going to maybe get a zotac 1070ti for about 350. Also 32gb of corsair ram about $200
I'm seeing the Ryzen 7 2700X for around $310 at Amazon. The 2700 is only $250. Although that's without factoring in tax which I believe Amazon now collects in most states.

For review, the prices on Amazon as of right now are:

7 2700X: $310

7 2700: $250

5 2600X: $190

5 2600: $160

^ It's about a $60 difference between X and no X. Although I'm not someone who is tech savy enough to overclock with platnum grills so the more 'push button to start' simple it is, the better. Even then, would it be a noticeable difference? Both the X and non X come with the Wraith cooler. And, I guess, how much of a difference are those over the 5 2600's?

I'm seeing the Ryzen 7 2700X for around $310 at Amazon. The 2700 is only $250. Although that's without factoring in tax which I believe Amazon now collects in most states.

For review, the prices on Amazon as of right now are:

7 2700X: $310

7 2700: $250

5 2600X: $190

5 2600: $160
You're just getting extra cores on the 2700 vs 2600 ( 8 vs. 6) but the speeds of the 2600X and 2700X are close enough that if you don't need the extra cores for other stuff (video editing for example) you'll be fine with the 2600X and the money saved.

If you haven't used the eBay coupon yet, there's AMD Bundle cards for $35 so just under $30 after coupon.  You'll need someone with a 570/580 to activate for you.  $15 each for Division 2, Resident Evil 2 and/or DMC 5 (Pick 2 out of the 3) ain't nothing to complain about.

bread's done
Back