Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Actually, the first monitor I glanced at was a 1440 144 for $600, not 4k.  I blame Amazon for making it the top result to "4k 144" and using my laziness against me.

Here's a 4k 144 for $1,800 although, if you're spending $1,800 for a monitor, I'm guessing you weren't entertaining any $300 solutions to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean you sheeple will gobble up anything Nvidia sells you at whatever price.  Their BUDGET card now costs what an enthusiast card cost just one or two years ago and what do you get?  A few extra frames and some traced rays?  Nvidia is the Apple of PC gaming.  Incremental upgrades.  Exorbitant prices.  This whole Freesync thing is them recognizing they've priced themselves out of the budget market.  #desperate

Nvidia ain't got no budget cards, just less premium cards

#NoHobos #GetAJob #GottaHaveGreenToPlayGreen #CommieRedWelfareCards

Do people really spend $600 on monitors? Are monitors the new video cards? I don't think I understand the world anymore.
er3VT9e.gif

Hey, I'm curious: any of you nerds who picked up AC: Odyssey over Xmas--does the new game include a Discovery Tour mode like Origins?
I haven't played (or bought) Origins. I did receive Odyssey and have been extensively playing it. What is Discovery Tour?

I mean to post some detailed thoughts on Odyssey soon. The short version, though, is that it really doesn't seem to be an Assassin's Creed game.

As someone who does not get any sexual pleasure out of cartoons, but does enjoy a well crafted adventure game, do the Leisure Suit Larry games offer anything of value?  I've never played them but am intrigued by the bundle on Fanatical.  I'm also cognizant of the fact that I'm not a 12-year old boy and I respect women so I'm skeptical the humor in those games will resonate with me.  

I mean you sheeple will gobble up anything Nvidia sells you at whatever price. Their BUDGET card now costs what an enthusiast card cost just one or two years ago and what do you get? A few extra frames and some traced rays? Nvidia is the Apple of PC gaming. Incremental upgrades. Exorbitant prices. This whole Freesync thing is them recognizing they've priced themselves out of the budget market. #desperate
I briefly thought you were Trumpcat.

Do people really spend $600 on monitors?
Yes. It weirded me out at first too. But I learned that upgrading to a high refresh rate g-sync monitor is probably the second biggest graphical upgrade you can do after buying your video card.

Lots of people buy the $500-600 Acer Predators and the ASUS ROGs. I was just in microcenter a couple days ago and there was a guy my age buying the 27" ASUS IPS panel.

Yes. It weirded me out at first too. But I learned that upgrading to a high refresh rate g-sync monitor is probably the second biggest graphical upgrade you can do after buying your video card.

Lots of people buy the $500-600 Acer Predators and the ASUS ROGs. I was just in microcenter a couple days ago and there was a guy my age buying the 27" ASUS IPS panel.
Do senior citizens usually go bigger than 27''?

er3VT9e.gif

I mean to post some detailed thoughts on Odyssey soon. The short version, though, is that it really doesn't seem to be an Assassin's Creed game.
Yeah, that was my impression during my current attempt to slog through Origins (predecessor to odyssey).

Not that the older games had great stories, but Origins is not really pulling me in. Also, many of the things I would just get (dodging, assassin's blade , etc) as I proceeded through the story in older ac games, I now have to spend xp to purchase them in the guise of roleplaying progression. Also, because all the hip kids are doing it we also need different rarity items and in game loot crates... Whatever. Can't I just jump off a building and double-assassinate some shmoes??? Not any more.....YOU TEMPLARS GET OFFA ME LAWN!!!

As someone who does not get any sexual pleasure out of cartoons, but does enjoy a well crafted adventure game, do the Leisure Suit Larry games offer anything of value? I've never played them but am intrigued by the bundle on Fanatical. I'm also cognizant of the fact that I'm not a 12-year old boy and I respect women so I'm skeptical the humor in those games will resonate with me.
Detruire might have some Indie Gala Leisure Suite Larry bundles left that would be a bit cheaper.

As for gameplay, they are the epitome of classic Sierra adventure games, with the positives and negatives implied by that statement.

Yeah, that was my impression during my current attempt to slog through Origins (predecessor to odyssey).

Not that the older games had great stories, but Origins is not really pulling me in. Also, many of the things I would just get (dodging, assassin's blade , etc) as I proceeded through the story in older ac games, I now have to spend xp to ger in the guise of roleplaying progression. Also, because all the hip kids are doing it we also need different rarity items and in game loot crates... Whatever. Can't I just jump off a building and double-assassinate some shmoes??? Not any more.....YOU TEMPLARS GET OFFA ME LAWN!!!
I don't mean to say that I don't like Odyssey. So far it's a really good game. But it's a different game.

Someone got abrasive with me on a discord server I'm on because they were telling people they needed a 780W laptop power supply extension for $300 because "Thunderbolt isn't good enough for their gpu," and I asked why they can't just use a desktop.

Editing videos in public where people can see you take up a desktop's worth of table space with your giant laptop, cooling pad, and various power extensions > working at home and not being a hobo

I don't mean to say that I don't like Odyssey. So far it's a really good game. But it's a different game.
Don't get me wrong, I think if you haven't liked AC in the past, you might find something now that is more to your liking. I have a belief that AC follows the "even numbered Star Trek movies are good" idea. If I don't like Origins, (which I guess is accurate, so far), I might like Odyssey more as I've experienced that pattern in AC games in the past.... Liked Syndicate, didn't like (as much) Unity..

Editing videos in public where people can see you take up a desktop's worth of table space with your giant laptop, cooling pad, and various power extensions > working at home and not being a hobo
Maybe doing a digital rendering of the cute girl at the coffee shop and desperately hoping she notices and falls in love with your artistic soul is the new sketching the girl in your notepad.

Someone got abrasive with me on a discord server I'm on because they were telling people they needed a 780W laptop power supply extension for $300 because "Thunderbolt isn't good enough for their gpu," and I asked why they can't just use a desktop.
I mean, there are legitimate reasons for needing it portable, like if you have to use it for field work, not just in rendering but GPU scientific calculations. But wtf, 780W laptop is ridiculous.

How else is the barista supposed to know you're a bitcoin millionaire?
Well, if you pay for your $8 coffee with bitcoin, that's probably a start. Or you could just casually let her see all of the bitcoin in your wallet as you do so. Maybe "accidentally" drop a few on the counter and watch the peasants scramble to pick them up. Perhaps lay a cool 5k bitcoin tip on her as you're leaving.

What do you mean, I don't understand how the bitcoinz work?

I haven't played (or bought) Origins. I did receive Odyssey and have been extensively playing it. What is Discovery Tour?
It's a docent-less trip through the bits of history that the game covers with wee educational bits. It was a free DLC for Origins, and the internet told me that they'll have it in Odyssey too. Might be the main reason I pick it up when and if I do. God knows I need another AC game like I need a hole in my head. I only have about six that I haven't played yet, on various platforms, just to add insult to injury.

Well, if you pay for your $8 coffee with bitcoin, that's probably a start. Or you could just casually let her see all of the bitcoin in your wallet as you do so. Maybe "accidentally" drop a few on the counter and watch the peasants scramble to pick them up. Perhaps lay a cool 5k bitcoin tip on her as you're leaving.

What do you mean, I don't understand how the bitcoinz work?

It's a docent-less trip through the bits of history that the game covers with wee educational bits. It was a free DLC for Origins, and the internet told me that they'll have it in Odyssey too. Might be the main reason I pick it up when and if I do. God knows I need another AC game like I need a hole in my head. I only have about six that I haven't played yet, on various platforms, just to add insult to injury.
I was hoping "Discovery mode" would educate the grade schoolers in discovering the joys of assassinating people in fascinating ways and locales... Ah well, a guy can dream...

Do people really spend $600 on monitors? Are monitors the new video cards?
No I spent more than that and it was on sale. If it dies on me the day after the warranty goes away I'll be a bit sad but aside from that, no regrets. After looking for a while I had decided that I wanted an ultrawide monitor, and after a lot more looking specifically at ultrawide models I settled on this one and then just waited until it went on sale. The difference in this 34" curved ultrawide and my old 27 inch LCD from however many years ago is as big a change as when I went from my old Trinitron tube TV to a 1080p flatscreen. The increased enjoyment is well worth the price tag to me, but ymmv. *shrugs*

Has NVidia even mentioned anything about doing GTX/RTX 2050 regulars and Ti's yet?
I can't see any value in that. If they want $350 for a 2060 with only 6 GB VRAM that's only slightly better than a 1070ti what would a 2050 be? $280 for something that's only slightly better than a 1060 when AMD 580's still go for $200?

And keep in mind the new Radeon's will be announced soon which apparently will be on par with 1080's at similarly low prices.

No I spent more than that and it was on sale. If it dies on me the day after the warranty goes away I'll be a bit sad but aside from that, no regrets. After looking for a while I had decided that I wanted an ultrawide monitor, and after a lot more looking specifically at ultrawide models I settled on this one and then just waited until it went on sale. The difference in this 34" curved ultrawide and my old 27 inch LCD from however many years ago is as big a change as when I went from my old Trinitron tube TV to a 1080p flatscreen. The increased enjoyment is well worth the price tag to me, but ymmv. *shrugs*
UW is priceless.

Nvidia will scramble out some 2030s and 2050s the day after AMD announces their new lineup, just like the 1030/1050/1060 3GB came into being.  Right now their higher end cards don't have competition so they don't have to bother.  What are you going to do to compete with the 2060?  Buy a Vega?  Numbers of new 1080s and 1070s are thin but there's still a bunch of lower end 10-Series cards out there for discount buyers.

All I know is my GTX 970 (desktop) and 6gb GTX 1060 (laptop) are fine to run Mega Man Collection and Tyranny.

I wish those above GPU's would run Diablo: Immortal and Alien: Blackout, but....that don't look to be happening.

I believe it's part of the AMD 580 free game promo so maybe you can score one from someone for cheap. Although apparently the games have to be activated by someone who actually has a 580.
Unfortunately I do not have an RX 580. I only have a R9 290 and a GTX 1080 here at home. Also don’t know anyone who could help me out with that or possibly some work around for that redemption restriction :(

All I know is my GTX 970 (desktop) and 6gb GTX 1060 (laptop) are fine to run Mega Man Collection and Tyranny.

I wish those above GPU's would run Diablo: Immortal and Alien: Blackout, but....that don't look to be happening.
Isn't Immortal essentially a mobile game? Why wouldn't it run on a 970 at reasonable resolutions?

I'm always surprised by the number of basic dudes buying things like the RTX 2080 and the i9-9900k.  You go on other forums and casual posters like that are everywhere. 

Elessar has a crypto farm in his car trunk
You don't? Peasant.

Has NVidia even mentioned anything about doing GTX/RTX 2050 regulars and Ti's yet?
Rumors are a GTX 1160 and there will be many different models of the 2060 with different ram sizes and speeds. So, more of the 1060 3gb version stuff. The 1160 looks to be mobile/laptop only.

https://videocardz.com/newz/lenovo-confirms-mobile-geforce-gtx-1160

https://videocardz.com/79452/gigabyte-submits-geforce-rtx-2060-6gb-4gb-and-3gb-variants-to-eec

$350 for the 2060 also means the custom models not from Nvidia directly will I bet be reaching $400.

Isn't Immortal essentially a mobile game? Why wouldn't it run on a 970 at reasonable resolutions?
It's a joke, since Alien: Blackout and Diablo: Immortal currently aren't planned to be coming to the PC at all.

I'm always surprised by the number of basic dudes buying things like the RTX 2080 and the i9-9900k. You go on other forums and casual posters like that are everywhere.
This is not surprising at all. Casual-dude-gamer will just spend money on whatever without realizing they're paying $1,000+ more for hardware to run the games they play that would run with just about the same level of graphical fidelity on cheaper hardware.

Don't get me wrong, I think if you haven't liked AC in the past, you might find something now that is more to your liking. I have a belief that AC follows the "even numbered Star Trek movies are good" idea. If I don't like Origins, (which I guess is accurate, so far), I might like Odyssey more as I've experienced that pattern in AC games in the past.... Liked Syndicate, didn't like (as much) Unity..
I think that the AC aspects that are missing are aspects that many who disliked AC games found off-putting. I think this game will work well for people that haven't liked AC at all. (And many that did.) It's just that it could drop the Assassin's Creed part of the name entirely and still be quite accurately named as an ARPG set in ancient Greece.

But while I'm enjoying it, I'm also not necessarily finding it to be fulfilling the urge to play a new Assassin's Creed game I was feeling.

That sounds neat.

I think that the AC aspects that are missing are aspects that many who disliked AC games found off-putting. I think this game will work well for people that haven't liked AC at all. (And many that did.) It's just that it could drop the Assassin's Creed part of the name entirely and still be quite accurately named as an ARPG set in ancient Greece.

But while I'm enjoying it, I'm also not necessarily finding it to be fulfilling the urge to play a new Assassin's Creed game I was feeling.

That sounds neat.
Good points. Upon further reflection, I think the two key pieces of a successful AC game for me are the environment and the main character. The problem I have with Origins , is the environment feels too spread out. I like a more cramped Urban feel. I also like a compelling main character. Bayek so far is not that character for me.

AC games that hit both of those notes for me Syndicate, Brotherhood, and surprisingly Black Flag. Even though Black Flag had almost no connection to AC mythology. The environment of captaining a boat on the high seas plus Edward Kenway as the main character really worked for me. It's a great pirate game!

AC games that hit both of those notes for me Syndicate, Brotherhood, and surprisingly Black Flag. Even though Black Flag had almost no connection to AC mythology. The environment of captaining a boat on the high seas Plus can Edward Kenway as the main character really worked for me. It's a great pirate game!
Well I think you're in luck. The one AC game that I'm really reminded of is Black Flag, and that almost entirely due to the naval aspect of Odyssey.

Well I think you're in luck. The one AC game that I'm really reminded of is Black Flag, and that almost entirely due to the naval aspect of Odyssey.
Maybe, again I wouldnt be surprised as every other AC seems to do it for me. They either refine something so that it gets better or they pick an environment/city Iike or both. I'm not sure if I'm played out on ships and shanties from Black Flag (and Rogue) though... I guess we'll see.

Odyssey is the first AC game I've played in a while, just got so sick of the series.

I enjoyed it and consider it to be a worthwhile 8/10 while still characterized by some of the same shortcomings.  The whole thing basically felt like old AC games put into a blender with Witcher 3.  What impressed me the most is how many different gameplay "layers" are all well-done and can be seamlessly explored:  Land exploration, stealth, naval combat, underwater exploration, and melee combat are all quality.  Sadly ranged combat / arrows seems to be inferior after playing other games like Horizon ZD or even BotW.  There is even now a destiny-like gear system (upgradable, randomized stats). 

The quality of characters and writing range from "ok" to "atrocious."  In terms of actual history or even as a historical fiction artform you pretty much have to look the other way.  Agendas with contemporary social issues are frequently woven into the game.  The plot concerning the main character is decent enough.. the modern-day plot bites are just bad and completely forgettable.

bread's done
Back