Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Origins was really an awesome "break" from the formula (as Black Flag was). Still an AC game but felt somehow fresher. Haven't had a chance to get Odyssey for a great price. Remember, I'm a cheap ass gamer!

After approximately 37 hours total with the unique & excellent Tyranny [Steam / PC], another game winds up into the books as completed.

Really enjoyed my time with this BG2/Infinity Engine style game, which had the cool twist of...being the bad guy.

Not sure if it was b/c of my decisions and play-through, but, as great as the game was...it still feels like this game needs some DLC's, expansions, sequel or something.

Since they're with M$, I doubt we'll ever get one from Obsidian...unless M$ buys the IP.

Last edited by a moderator:
After approximately 37 hours total with the unique & excellent Tyranny [Steam / PC], another game winds up into the books as completed.

Really enjoyed my time with this BG2/Infinity Engine style game, which had the cool twist of...being the bad guy.

Not sure if it was b/c of my decisions and play-through, but, as great as the game was...it still feels like this game needs some DLC's, expansions, sequel or something.

Since they're with M$, I doubt we'll ever get one from Obsidian...unless M$ buys the IP.
I've had tyranny installed for probably 4 months now and just haven't gotten around to playing it until last night (I beat ceville instead, great game that probably most everybody owns). It took me probably an hour to make my character and set up my actions for the story, really liking what I've seen so far.

Did you play the bastards wound dlc? Not sure how much it adds but I think chances of a sequel are next to none.

I wait until Target merges the SKUs of the Gold Edition with the standard version of Assassin's Creed and then wait until the game is on sale for $29.99 or less.  Then I buy the steelbook and don't play it.  It's a pretty good system. 

I wait until Target merges the SKUs of the Gold Edition with the standard version of Assassin's Creed and then wait until the game is on sale for $29.99 or less. Then I buy the steelbook and don't play it. It's a pretty good system.
I used to seriously do that. Lol

I usually get AC games and Ubi games in generally when I can get the gold editions for a bit higher/lower than $20. So probably by end of year?

I usually get AC games and Ubi games in generally when I can get the gold editions for a bit higher/lower than $20. So probably by end of year?
I'm a for sure sub $10 Ubisoft open-world game guy. At sub-15 I have to think of it more about how bad I'm jonesing for AC or Far Cry, I should also include wildlands which I really liked. But there's no sense in buying three of them at once because I need to space them out as they all seem somewhat too familiar if I play them back to back.

Just thought I would share that I tried buying a gift card on G2A today.

qcblq1t.png

a3pd9dP.png

I used Paypal connected to my credit card, so there's two third-party mitigations that can take place. But what a joke of a website. Amazing they're allowed to be a business.

Feeling good because you just assembled a solid new gaming system: Sub $1,000.

Having to take a trip to the emergency room and find out you have a kidney stone and $2,000 deductible: Priceless.

For everything else, there's CAG-ster-card!

Having to take a trip to the emergency room and find out you have a kidney stone and $2,000 deductible: Priceless.

Geez, that sucks. Sorry, dude. :whistle2:(

Sounds like you gotta cut back on the energy drinks for those Hearthstone pack opening Youtube marathons, dude!

The doctor said the pain that drove me to the ER was actually spasms as the stone was right at the connection between the tube and the bladder.  They gave me all sorts of pain meds but when I got home and filled the prescription for FloMax that helped 1000% -- apparently because it combats spasms.  Wish they would have just given me that first prior to the two IV opiates!  I seem to be fine now so maybe I passed it already.

(You know you're getting old when a doctor prescribes you FloMax)

As someone who does not get any sexual pleasure out of cartoons, but does enjoy a well crafted adventure game, do the Leisure Suit Larry games offer anything of value? I've never played them but am intrigued by the bundle on Fanatical. I'm also cognizant of the fact that I'm not a 12-year old boy and I respect women so I'm skeptical the humor in those games will resonate with me.
I haven't revisited any of these, but I will say that LSL3 is my all time favorite Sierra game. It was one of the last Sierra games with the text interface and I feel like with that game they were just getting around to perfecting the use of the text interface and puzzles. It was also the funniest game I had played until I played Secret of Monkey Island. My sense of humor has definitely changed since the early 90s though, so I feel like I wouldn't think it's that funny anymore. I also remember it seeming like a really long game. I just looked at howlongtobeat and LSL 3 is 5 hours and 8.5 hours for completionist. That seems a little short by today's standards, but I didn't play rpgs or strategy games back then and pretty much all the other games out back then were shorter.

Are kidney stones the ones you piss out or are those gallstones?  One time in elementary school our PE teacher, Mr. Sawyer, came in looking like hell, and he went on to tell us how he had passed a stone through his penis that morning.  Obviously, he wasn't fit to be around children.  One time he got mad at us and tried to throw a dodgeball into the wall but missed completely and hit one of our classmates in the face and made her cry.  It was pretty bad.  But this was the 90s so teachers could get away with that.  He was eventually fired and I saw him like a month later pounding on the door after school. I think he was trying to get his last check or something .

Are kidney stones the ones you piss out or are those gallstones? One time in elementary school our PE teacher, Mr. Sawyer, came in looking like hell, and he went on to tell us how he had passed a stone through his penis that morning. Obviously, he wasn't fit to be around children. One time he got mad at us and tried to throw a dodgeball into the wall but missed completely and hit one of our classmates in the face and made her cry. It was pretty bad. But this was the 90s so teachers could get away with that. He was eventually fired and I saw him like a month later pounding on the door after school. I think he was trying to get his last check or something .
Kidney stones are the ones you pee out (providing they are of small enough size). Mine is 4mm but possibly seems to have broken up.

I've had tyranny installed for probably 4 months now and just haven't gotten around to playing it until last night (I beat ceville instead, great game that probably most everybody owns). It took me probably an hour to make my character and set up my actions for the story, really liking what I've seen so far.

Did you play the bastards wound dlc? Not sure how much it adds but I think chances of a sequel are next to none.
Nope, don't have any of the main content DLC's (Bastard's Wound and Tales from the Tiers).

I think an Obsidian sequel is slim-to-none, but given what Paradox has said before on this IP: I wouldn't be surprised if Paradox has some other studio try to make a sequel or spin it off, since Paradox supposedly owns the IP.

They were even thinking about even having one of their internal teams do a whole game based off Conquest Mode (i.e. the opening Prologue of the game, which acts as the Game-World Set-Up, Origins Sheet, and Character Sheet) and/or do a strategy game (like say Crusader Kings and Europa Universalis) in this IP/universe.

I really enjoyed Tyranny (base-game), though. One of the more unique premises, set-ups, and overall games in an old-school BG-style/Infinite Engine style CRPG. Never felt like it overran in time, length, or anything - and by the game's end, I was basically...looking for a 4th Act, given how things turned out for me.

Are kidney stones the ones you piss out or are those gallstones? One time in elementary school our PE teacher, Mr. Sawyer, came in looking like hell, and he went on to tell us how he had passed a stone through his penis that morning. Obviously, he wasn't fit to be around children. One time he got mad at us and tried to throw a dodgeball into the wall but missed completely and hit one of our classmates in the face and made her cry. It was pretty bad. But this was the 90s so teachers could get away with that. He was eventually fired and I saw him like a month later pounding on the door after school. I think he was trying to get his last check or something .
If you wrote a movie about your traumatic experiences I bet you could get Billy Bob Thornton to play your gym teacher.

Nope, don't have any of the main content DLC's (Bastard's Wound and Tales from the Tiers).

I think an Obsidian sequel is slim-to-none, but given what Paradox has said before on this IP: I wouldn't be surprised if Paradox has some other studio try to make a sequel or spin it off, since Paradox supposedly owns the IP.
Never say never. Paradox does love its sequels.

If you wrote a movie about your traumatic experiences I bet you could get Billy Bob Thornton to play your gym teacher.
So, you're saying that wasn't a story about Billy Bob Thornton?

'Cause I just assumed. . . .

Here's a good deal if you're looking for a budget graphics card: Asus ROG-STRIX RX 570 Gaming OC Edition $109.99
That's cheap!

Does that come w/ any free games?

EDIT:

Looks like it performs very similar to a GTX 970 - i.e. 1080p60fps card at Medium or better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3ptRu5ltrI

I love the GTX 970; awesome card. Still performs very well on most games for 1080p60fps gaming.

With RX 570 performing similar to the 970, for $110 if one is overdue for a upgrade - yeah, I dunno how one could go wrong w/ it. If that comes w/ any free games - even crazier of a good deal.

Honestly, I think in this vid, they're hurting framerates using higher ends AA's there. I don't normally use MSAA or SSAA in most cases; it will have performance hits. I often use FXAA b/c it takes pretty much no hits on most cards; so might as well enable that (as long as it don't cause any other issues, of course).

If a game performs very well (i.e. 60fps or better), one could always test MSAA, SSAA, or other expensive AA's in a game and see if you can keep it still above 60fps.

Some games like Fallout 4, I'll use NVidia TSAA (in-game) with FXAA (force that from NVidia panel) to kill the Vaseline-smearing look TXAA produces.

If one's using AMD, won't have to worry about TXAA b/c that is Nvidia-exclusive.

Welp, this is odd, but my dog was diagnosed last night with a kidney stone. Big fella is getting surgery in a moment while I'm here sitting reading pizza deals.

Anyone of y'all got a Razer Blade?

I've been eyeing them for a few years now, but never pulled the trigger. Already got a rig at home, so this would be an additional system for mobility and to possibly migrate VR to the living room.

I've been eyeing them for a few years now, but never pulled the trigger. Already got a rig at home, so this would be an additional system for mobility and to possibly migrate VR to the living room.
hackers-1.jpg

I hear they are flakes

I dunno if Id be buying one of those just for VR at this point, unless you already own a HMD. Seems like everything will be moving to the new virtual link connector, which a gtx based board wont have, so depends on if the rtx variants actually offer that as an option

Wait for the Mothership:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euosvqm3s9U

No I spent more than that and it was on sale. If it dies on me the day after the warranty goes away I'll be a bit sad but aside from that, no regrets. After looking for a while I had decided that I wanted an ultrawide monitor, and after a lot more looking specifically at ultrawide models I settled on this one and then just waited until it went on sale. The difference in this 34" curved ultrawide and my old 27 inch LCD from however many years ago is as big a change as when I went from my old Trinitron tube TV to a 1080p flatscreen. The increased enjoyment is well worth the price tag to me, but ymmv. *shrugs*
I went from a 24" 16x10 to a 34" curved 21:9 3440x1440 model for around $600. I won't go so far as to say it has changed my life, but it has gotten me playing more games and enjoying them anew. No regrets here either. Well, except for the fact that I then proceed to buy a new video card, and then new MB, CPU, and RAM to be able to push more pixels. So l ended up spending more like $2000. But aside from that, I'm really happy with it.

I can't see any value in that. If they want $350 for a 2060 with only 6 GB VRAM that's only slightly better than a 1070ti what would a 2050 be? $280 for something that's only slightly better than a 1060 when AMD 580's still go for $200?

And keep in mind the new Radeon's will be announced soon which apparently will be on par with 1080's at similarly low prices.
The new Radeons are not a guarantee - at least not so soon, and the low pricing is even less so. We'll know more after the AMD keynote at CES later today...

Never heard of them.
I used to see their ads in the computer magazines back in the day... back when people used to read magazines. I haven't heard much from them lately but since they're more business oriented, I guess that makes sense.

It seems that they're based in the Chicago area so I might be more familiar with them from that as well. Probably seen their ads in the local papers and stuff. Anyway, they're not some shady weird pop-up "deals" website.

Have I got some hot juicy PC gaming rumors for you.  Sources close to me tell me that the Division 2 will be exclusive to Uplay and...wait for it... THE EPIC GAME STORE!  I am not kidding you!  This makes Ubisoft the most high profile dev to ditch Steam in favor of the new store from Fortnite sensation devs Epic Games!  Things are getting hot and heated in this war.  No word from Steam yet, but one has to wonder what, if anything, they will do to counter this bold move!

Have I got some great deals for you guys!  Available exclusively through this link only, Logitech in conjunction with Flash and with Newegg is offering the limited edition Mass Effect Andromeda G810 Mechanical Keyboard for only $70.99!

https://flash.newegg.com/Product/N82E16823126513

That's a steal of a deal for this amazing keyboard from what some would say is the best Mass Effect game yet!  This keyboard is a 1:1 replica of the official gaming keyboard used by the gamers on the ships in the galaxies in the game!  Only while supplies last!

Seems like some people are taking this Division 2 news pretty harshly so I'll bring some levity to the situation by reminding you things could be worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuQxoM1ArRI

The doctor said the pain that drove me to the ER was actually spasms as the stone was right at the connection between the tube and the bladder. They gave me all sorts of pain meds but when I got home and filled the prescription for FloMax that helped 1000% -- apparently because it combats spasms. Wish they would have just given me that first prior to the two IV opiates! I seem to be fine now so maybe I passed it already.

(You know you're getting old when a doctor prescribes you FloMax)
Mooby, I knew you were hard to please, and preferential to old school things, but down on the IV opiates? Would you have preferred a dose of Laudanum? Maybe a nice glass of Absinthe?

Have I got some great deals for you guys! Available exclusively through this link only, Logitech in conjunction with Flash and with Newegg is offering the limited edition Mass Effect Andromeda G810 Mechanical Keyboard for only $70.99!

https://flash.newegg.com/Product/N82E16823126513

That's a steal of a deal for this amazing keyboard from what some would say is the best Mass Effect game yet! This keyboard is a 1:1 replica of the official gaming keyboard used by the gamers on the ships in the galaxies in the game! Only while supplies last!
M9VKKGa.gif

Seems like some people are taking this Division 2 news pretty harshly so I'll bring some levity to the situation by reminding you things could be worse:
Added to my watch later list.

Mooby, I knew you were hard to please, and preferential to old school things, but down on the IV opiates? Would you have preferred a dose of Laudanum? Maybe a nice glass of Absinthe?
Ether's the only way to go. If it's good enough for Michael Caine in The Cider House Rules, it's good enough for me.

Picked up Tekken 7 during the IG-hurry-the-hell-up-crack-sale yesterday. Took all night to download thanks to weird issues I'm having with my internet (Kbps speeds in the back of my house, 50 Mbps in the front). The story in that game looks like it's even weirder than in Dead or Alive 5. The levels of customization available definitely put Injustice 2 and MK X to shame, but it looks like it's loaded with paid DLC for this purpose (like DoA).

I'm also playing Injustice 2 on XBONE now, because I apparently have a problem. It is weird going from having a bunch of characters at or close to level 20 and a few at 30, to not having any at level 10 and from having so many motherboxes that it would take me 3 hours straight of just clicking a button to open all of them to having less than five.

(*sits back and waits for the inevitable "motherbox" cracks to pour in*)

I used to see their ads in the computer magazines back in the day... back when people used to read magazines. I haven't heard much from them lately but since they're more business oriented, I guess that makes sense.

It seems that they're based in the Chicago area so I might be more familiar with them from that as well. Probably seen their ads in the local papers and stuff. Anyway, they're not some shady weird pop-up "deals" website.
They run radio ads here in the D.C. area. Of course they are mainly targeted at "IT Professionals" (which we have a startling amount of, particularly in NoVA). I never knew they sold consumer grade products.

Provided the AMD promo copies of Division2 are on Uplay, I don't care what other store gets the "exclusive" pass-through.
Its rather baffling that ubisoft would go "exclusive" with epic when it all has to run thru uplay anyway. Somehow I don't see Epic offering any deals that the key sites won't be beating already. Even Uplay is better than the epic store's barebones setup.

Is that a reputable site?
I've never used them. But several people in the comments section said that they have ordered from there with no hassle.

I just repost the occasional deal (usually from /r/buildapcsales) if it seems both noteworthy and legit.

Have I got some hot juicy PC gaming rumors for you. Sources close to me tell me that the Division 2 will be exclusive to Uplay and...wait for it... THE EPIC GAME STORE! I am not kidding you! This makes Ubisoft the most high profile dev to ditch Steam in favor of the new store from Fortnite sensation devs Epic Games! Things are getting hot and heated in this war. No word from Steam yet, but one has to wonder what, if anything, they will do to counter this bold move!
Mooby is somewhere sweating in his palms and all over his Hearthstone decks.

bread's done
Back