Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Are kidney stones the ones you piss out or are those gallstones? One time in elementary school our PE teacher, Mr. Sawyer, came in looking like hell, and he went on to tell us how he had passed a stone through his penis that morning. Obviously, he wasn't fit to be around children. One time he got mad at us and tried to throw a dodgeball into the wall but missed completely and hit one of our classmates in the face and made her cry. It was pretty bad. But this was the 90s so teachers could get away with that. He was eventually fired and I saw him like a month later pounding on the door after school. I think he was trying to get his last check or something .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1meNEIv_Ac

Have I got some great deals for you guys! Available exclusively through this link only, Logitech in conjunction with Flash and with Newegg is offering the limited edition Mass Effect Andromeda G810 Mechanical Keyboard for only $70.99!
I actually want this and have been eyeing it for a while. Link.. does not work.

AMD Radeon VII announced - ~30% faster than Vega 64.  Coming February for $699.00

Definitely not at $250.  I know I shouldn't get too excited about this.  It's a step up, but even though 7nm process,  more or less equivalent power draw to Vega 64.  But many VRAMz.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a steal of a deal for this amazing keyboard from what some would say is the best Mass Effect game yet!
giphy.gif

So for $700 I can buy the Radeon VII and get performance comparable to that of a GTX 1080 Ti, a card that came out two years ago with an MSRP of... $700.

I guess those leaked AMD cards were just made up?  Can't believe this is all AMD is going to do here... or maybe they just want to focus on taking on Intel.

Yeah I really thought the rumors were going to be true and AMD would launch a gtx 1080 performance range card for sub $300 and finally get a footing in the market. Nope good old amd always finding ways to make hard to justify buying from them. Vega series all they had to do was beat Nvidia in the price game not top there performance yet somebody thought it would be a good idea to use scarce and expensive hbm offering less memory and performance for comparable prices. They're lucky they're compute superiority was able to capitalize on the the crypto currency craze but still probably shot themselves in the foot with supply limitations. Intel will be no different they will both play second fiddle to Nvidia. With as long as Nvidia has held more then 70% of the descrete market and there now further reach into other markets they'll be hard to topple unless they willingly shift focus on other markets. The rtx was a debacle imo can't justify the price for a feature that when enabled effectively gives you less performance then the previous cheaper generation. The eyecandy isn't worth the performance hit or price. But with Nvidia holds back and gives you just that little extra performance over the competitors best so they can dictate prices cause people will pay to say they have the most powerful card. But they can at any time put out something better then competition regardless what Intel brings to the table and AMD is almost anemic at this point and might as well enjoy the console market profits cause Nvidia is too far ahead at this point

But...there's 16 GB of damn VRAM there w/ the Rad VII...
So they spent a couple years inventing the 1080ti with 4GB extra memory?

It's also at the same general price point and performance as the 2080 but without the ray tracing or DLSS. I mean, sure, more memory but it's performing the same. It's hard to see how it's supposed to compete in that same space. And that's considering the 2080 to be overpriced, in my opinion.

Yeah I really thought the rumors were going to be true and AMD would launch a gtx 1080 performance range card for sub $300 and finally get a footing in the market. Nope good old amd always finding ways to make hard to justify buying from them. Vega series all they had to do was beat Nvidia in the price game not top there performance yet somebody thought it would be a good idea to use scarce and expensive hbm offering less memory and performance for comparable prices. They're lucky they're compute superiority was able to capitalize on the the crypto currency craze but still probably shot themselves in the foot with supply limitations. Intel will be no different they will both play second fiddle to Nvidia. With as long as Nvidia has held more then 70% of the descrete market and there now further reach into other markets they'll be hard to topple unless they willingly shift focus on other markets. The rtx was a debacle imo can't justify the price for a feature that when enabled effectively gives you less performance then the previous cheaper generation. The eyecandy isn't worth the performance hit or price. But with Nvidia holds back and gives you just that little extra performance over the competitors best so they can dictate prices cause people will pay to say they have the most powerful card. But they can at any time put out something better then competition regardless what Intel brings to the table and AMD is almost anemic at this point and might as well enjoy the console market profits cause Nvidia is too far ahead at this point
giphy.gif

Which do you all think would resale for more? A Resident Evil 2 key or Devil May Cry 5 key?

Edit: Nevermind it doesn't much matter.

Yeah, I get it: most people want ALL of their games on Steam. That's fair, to keep most of their PC games in eco-system.

Yes, I still think Steam has the best service by far - nobody can compete w/ the amount of features Steam has. Not GOG. Not Uplay. Not Origin. And definitely NOT the Epic Game Store (so bare bones).

But, TBH - most of my UPlay-required games, I've gotten elsewhere. One less client to worry about running at the same time, since Ubi games on Steam often require both Uplay (some form of it) and Steam.

Ubi also often offers up better deals on other online digital stores when Steam also isn't taking their 30%, when it's a Uplay-only version.

And sometimes, you can really get lucky at retail on clearance and get a Uplay-only copy for real cheap, especially when stores are trying to make shelf-space for other and newer stuff.

Yeah, for Ubi games it doesn't matter too much since the only choice is whether you open the U-Play client through Steam or Epic... or no other client at all.

Looks like Catherine Classic just released on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/893180/Catherine_Classic/

$19.99 is a fair price.  And while it's not the Full Body version if that ends up being a DLC when it finally comes to west I'll be fine with that.

EDIT: I should also note that the PC release has Japanese audio, which apparently wasn't released in the west before.  For those that may prefer that.

I guess those leaked AMD cards were just made up? Can't believe this is all AMD is going to do here... or maybe they just want to focus on taking on Intel.
Well, Navi is still out there somewhere. Maybe 2nd half 2019? This feels like a stopgap. Seems meant to compete with the 2080 at a lower price. Unfortunately, that cost savings will go out the door with higher power bills.

$19.99 is a fair price. And while it's not the Full Body version if that ends up being a DLC when it finally comes to west I'll be fine with that.

EDIT: I should also note that the PC release has Japanese audio, which apparently wasn't released in the west before. For those that may prefer that.
That "classic" naming suggest a double-dip will be required down the road. I'm still in for this. Played it through on the 360 and enjoyed it a bunch.

This article from PCGamer suggests there might be more Atlus/SEGA games coming to PC in the future:

https://www.pcgamer.com/catherine-classic-is-out-now-on-pc-and-more-atlus-games-could-follow/

“We wanted to give the PC audience the opportunity to experience Catherine for the first time as it was originally released,” Sega tells us. “And Catherine Classic is the perfect way to accomplish that goal.”

But what about Catherine Full Body, or other Sega console games? We already know Sega is keen to put more of these games on PC, and some more announcements could be on the horizon.

“We hope to have more exciting news to share from Sega/Atlus in regards to publishing on PC in the future,” says Sega.

Yeah, I get it: most people want ALL of their games on Steam. That's fair, to keep most of their PC games in eco-system.

Yes, I still think Steam has the best service by far - nobody can compete w/ the amount of features Steam has. Not GOG. Not Uplay. Not Origin. And definitely NOT the Epic Game Store (so bare bones).

But, TBH - most of my UPlay-required games, I've gotten elsewhere. One less client to worry about running at the same time, since Ubi games on Steam often require both Uplay (some form of it) and Steam.

Ubi also often offers up better deals on other online digital stores when Steam also isn't taking their 30%, when it's a Uplay-only version.

And sometimes, you can really get lucky at retail on clearance and get a Uplay-only copy for real cheap, especially when stores are trying to make shelf-space for other and newer stuff.
If I'm having a DRM issue with a uplay title it sure as shit isn't happening on the Steam side so I don't give a shit about two DRMs running...

Sales, they have the same sale prices on uplay as they do on Steam... If you complete bundles on Steam I've save a few bucks before... Before they finally fixed their stuff new release were almost always cheaper across region. (You could still do Ubisoft after the initial crackdown.) Really, Ubisoft titles really are only cheaper at preorder and whatnot.

Honestly, if Ubisoft had said uplay only I likely would have been annoyed but okay with it... but Epic Store? The most anti-consummer client around? fuck that shit.

Ubisoft isn't going to get a penny from me, outside whatever their AMD deal got them, for the Division 2 now when they likely were going to get a 100 plus.

Edit: I honestly suggest anyone without a new video card pass on the Division 2 at release... They've removed anyone's ability to get a refund. It's likely not going to be worth it for most at release.

Well, Navi is still out there somewhere. Maybe 2nd half 2019? This feels like a stopgap. Seems meant to compete with the 2080 at a lower price. Unfortunately, that cost savings will go out the door with higher power bills.
I mean, she never really lets you forget that she's around, does she?

RobwHhf.png

I don't buy my Ubi games on Uplay so I don't care either way.  Uplay keys are always cheaper on pre-order so Ubi has been one of the only AAA pubs I've been pre-ordering.  I get wanting everything in one place, but it seems silly to make yourself go through multiple clients just so you can launch the game in the one you prefer.  

Division 2 isn't going to be at it's best at launch.  That can be said about every game of it's style.  Division 1. Destiny.  Destiny 2.  WOW. etc.  

You're probably going to get the best price pre-ordering or around launch for a good year so it still makes sense to get it if you really want to play IMO.  

I paid $15 for Division 2.  I assume I'll get $15 of enjoyment out of it no matter what.

I don't buy much directly from Ubi but I usually buy Ubi games from 3rd party stores so I get the Uplay key.  That's fine with me because I play a lot of Ubi titles so it's not as though I have one game sitting on some otherwise unused client (*cough* GTAV Rockstar *cough*).  All those open world Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, Clancyverse franchise titles that are ruining video games forever and are for poser trash gremlins fall right into my personal wheelhouse.

Ubisoft isn't going to get a penny from me, outside whatever their AMD deal got them, for the Division 2 now when they likely were going to get a 100 plus.

Edit: I honestly suggest anyone without a new video card pass on the Division 2 at release... They've removed anyone's ability to get a refund. It's likely not going to be worth it for most at release.
So you're getting The Division 2?

I'm glad I don't get worked up about this client stuff.  Every game is just a simple "hey Cortana, launch (insert game title)" away.  That's right, I use voice commands on my PC!

I paid $15 for Division 2. I assume I'll get $15 of enjoyment out of it no matter what.

I don't buy much directly from Ubi but I usually buy Ubi games from 3rd party stores so I get the Uplay key. That's fine with me because I play a lot of Ubi titles so it's not as though I have one game sitting on some otherwise unused client (*cough* GTAV Rockstar *cough*). All those open world Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, Clancyverse franchise titles that are ruining video games forever and are for poser trash gremlins fall right into my personal wheelhouse.
Ubisoft isn't too bad... Like you I end up playing a lot of them so the client isn't horrible in that way but I own too many games to know what is on one client and not another, and I do a poor job of playing them all, so it would be very easy for me to buy the same game twice... Sad as that may be.

Origin. I occasional buy games on it when they get super cheap... but I do a poor job of playing any game on it. Same with GOG too be honest. Other Clients (like Rockstar, Epic, Bethesda) would get so little use that I don't bother buying anything on them... or even opening them up and clicking on links for free games.

$19.99 is a fair price. And while it's not the Full Body version if that ends up being a DLC when it finally comes to west I'll be fine with that.

EDIT: I should also note that the PC release has Japanese audio, which apparently wasn't released in the west before. For those that may prefer that.
Damn at $20 its a no brainer with Steam Credit lol

Damn at $20 its a no brainer with Steam Credit lol
Well, the brainer being that I hate the actual "game" part of the game. It just hits everything that I struggle with in gaming: time-limits, fear of falling, monstorus babies *shivers*.

I would, however, pay for it again if there was a 'visual novel' option. The story/bar moments were really interesting to me, but I just couldnt deal.

Well, the brainer being that I hate the actual "game" part of the game. It just hits everything that I struggle with in gaming: time-limits, fear of falling, monstorus babies *shivers*.

I would, however, pay for it again if there was a 'visual novel' option. The story/bar moments were really interesting to me, but I just couldnt deal.
Yeah I normally don't play Puzzle Games at all but the rest of the game is what kept me playing it I sort of hope that the new one coming soon brought more of the outside stuff and expanded it

Beat Hazard 2 is at an historical low on Humble right now: $13.29

I'm pretty tempted to get it, but I looked up info on it and it seems like it's pretty much the same as the original, but with the ability to use streaming music. I should probably just wait for it to be bundled, but I loved the first one, so I might cave and support the developer.

Oh, man, looking through the Steam forums and just saw that they took out the volume modifiers from the original. I always thought that was a cool idea that they could've done more with.

Celeste is also a whole dollar cheaper on Steam than it was previously: $14.99

bread's done
Back