Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
omgomgomgomg

Bunige Splits with Activision and keeps Destiny

I knew I had a good feeling when I woke up today.
Bungie also has a brand new game in development thanks to a $100 million investment from NetEase.
[customspoiler=Hold the phone...]
maxresdefault.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Beat Hazard 2 is at an historical low on Humble right now: $13.29

I'm pretty tempted to get it, but I looked up info on it and it seems like it's pretty much the same as the original, but with the ability to use streaming music. I should probably just wait for it to be bundled, but I loved the first one, so I might cave and support the developer.

Oh, man, looking through the Steam forums and just saw that they took out the volume modifiers from the original. I always thought that was a cool idea that they could've done more with.

Celeste is also a whole dollar cheaper on Steam than it was previously: $14.99
I loved Beat Hazard but I always found Audiosurf to be the more enjoyable game.

Beat Hazard 2 is at an historical low on Humble right now: $13.29

I'm pretty tempted to get it, but I looked up info on it and it seems like it's pretty much the same as the original, but with the ability to use streaming music. I should probably just wait for it to be bundled, but I loved the first one, so I might cave and support the developer.

Oh, man, looking through the Steam forums and just saw that they took out the volume modifiers from the original. I always thought that was a cool idea that they could've done more with.
The original is one of my most played Steam games, so I really enjoyed it.

In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I can't imagine getting an additional $13 worth of enjoyment over and above just playing the original again. I also expect that any improvement will come at the cost of a mechanic that I liked.

Me five hours into Yakuza 0: "Wow, this is shaping up to be a gritty, emotional, and captivating crime thriller."

Me 50 hours into Yakuza 0: "This is the horniest fucking game I've ever played."

So....does this mean Destiny 2 will stay on Battle.Net?

Or can Bungie re-release and put Destiny 2 on Steam?

EDIT:

Really big and interesting news.

Hopefully, this ends the MTX/DLC/Expansion Pass/Annual Pass shenanigans.
I just don't see them moving Destiny 2 off of Battlenet and possibly fracturing their playerbase. Maybe Destiny 3?

I got a noob question:

I saw in Fanatical a F.E.A.R. bundle for $4.99. I went back now to see if the deal was still on and all the prices changed from dollars ($) to pounds (£). Would this affect my final pricing if I did purchase the deal? How can I switch back to dollars?

EDIT: It went back to dollars. The questions still stands though.

So....does this mean Destiny 2 will stay on Battle.Net?
Or can Bungie re-release and put Destiny 2 on Steam?

EDIT:
Really big and interesting news.
Hopefully, this ends the MTX/DLC/Expansion Pass/Annual Pass shenanigans.
Destiny 2 will stay on Battle.net and I don't see Bungie moving launchers unless highly motivated. At this point in time with competition coming from EPIC, Steam isn't the only golden goose.

As for DLC/Expansion Pass/Annual Pass I don't believe they'll go away, which I'm actually fine with especially if Bungie is now self-producing without Activision. It would be nice to see cosmetic microtransactions removed or changed if Activision was behind that push though.

For now, yes. Future releases may break away, we shall see.

It's possible. I'm personally very excited about the potential this brings. Wish list: No more annual pass trash, D1 raids re-released.
I might be in the minority but I'm fine with the annual pass route that pushes end-game content releases over the span of a year. The alternative would be monthly subscriptions and for me, that would be a hard pass.

As for raids, I'd rather see new content and new raids. Now if there was a story reason or some tie-in to bring back old raids sure, but old content should probably stay retired. Vault of Glass was so good, so maybe there could be a reason to bring that location back with a Vex expansion? Who knows.

Has Destiny 2 even caught on, on PC?  I know plenty about the game but afaik you're still better off playing with your existing friends, or else playing on console for the larger playerbase. 

I know people here are of the "everything is better on PC" mindset.  To which I disagree when it comes to many online multiplayer FPS.  PC players cheat.  It's stupid.  It's really dumb every time I load up a mp shooter and there is at least one guy in the lobby cheating.  It has been going on forever and I find many FPS more enjoyable on the couch with a controller.  Especially games where you play marathon sessions like Destiny.  I have been playing BF V for several weeks now and there are cheaters constantly.  It gets old.  It got old years ago. 

Is Destiny 2 on PC even really a thing?  It seems like people in here just played through it and then quit. Which would make sense if the endgame and PVP just plain suck because of the PC climate. 

I can't stand playing shooters on console.  Straight up.  I'd rather deal with 1000 cheaters than fumble through with dual joysticks if I have the choice.  Sometimes I don't, and that's sad, but when I do have the choice it is ALWAYS PC.  But I'm a real PC gamer.  Not some casual who just dabbles in it.  

Has Destiny 2 even caught on, on PC? I know plenty about the game but afaik you're still better off playing with your existing friends, or else playing on console for the much larger playerbase.

I know people here are of the "everything is better on PC" mindset. To which I strongly disagree when it comes to many online multiplayer FPS. PC players cheat. It's stupid. It's really dumb every time I load up a mp shooter and there is at least one guy in the lobby cheating. It has been going on forever and I find many FPS more enjoyable on the couch with a controller. Especially games where you play marathon sessions like Destiny. I have been playing BF V for several weeks now and there are cheaters constantly. It gets old. It got old years ago.

Is Destiny 2 on PC even really a thing? It seems like people just play through it and then quit. Which would make sense if the endgame and PVP just plain suck because of the PC climate.

I don't think that there's any question that playerbases for any given shooter are dramatically higher on consoles than PC, at least in this country. There are more people who play games, by really wide margins, on Playstations or Xboxes or whatever Nintendo's latest batch of weird hardware is than people who game on PCs, in general. I don't think any of that means that people are cheating less on consoles, but it's certainly possible that a smaller fixed number of people are cheating and that number is washed out by the fact that the overall base is so large. I think people cheat on games on every kind of system; it's just easier on PCs generally.

As for Destiny 2 itself, I loaded it on my computer when it was in that Humble because I was curious. Maybe it had to do with me not having any prior investment in the characters by virtue of having skipped the first title in the series, but after playing the story a bit, it just seemed like a generic MMO shooter. It was a bit boring, frankly. That has a lot to do with why I haven't loaded it since then, but that means I have no idea whether it is, objectively, a good game. It's just not my kind of game.

There's one key reason I don't play any kind of shooter (unless it's not available on PC) on a console: no KB+M. Yes, I know modern consoles have KB+M support, but for me it's awkward to use those kinds of peripherals in one's living room. Being old and having grown up playing every kind of game on a computer, I find playing shooters with controllers to be extremely awkward; aiming is weird and clunky.

Has Destiny 2 even caught on, on PC? I know plenty about the game but afaik you're still better off playing with your existing friends, or else playing on console for the much larger playerbase.

I know people here are of the "everything is better on PC" mindset. To which I strongly disagree when it comes to many online multiplayer FPS. PC players cheat. It's stupid. It's really dumb every time I load up a mp shooter and there is at least one guy in the lobby cheating. It has been going on forever and I find many FPS more enjoyable on the couch with a controller. Especially games where you play marathon sessions like Destiny. I have been playing BF V for several weeks now and there are cheaters constantly. It gets old. It got old years ago.

Is Destiny 2 on PC even really a thing? It seems like people just play through it and then quit. Which would make sense if the endgame and PVP just plain suck because of the PC climate.
Ignorance isn't a good look on you, but let me give it a whirl.

Has Overwatch even caught on, on PC? I've played the game a few times but it seems boring without friends. Is Overwatch on PC even really a thing? It seems like people just get hooked on collecting loot box items or griefing other teams. Which would make sense if the player base seems bored and toxic on PC.

Well, that was fun.

Any D2: Forsaken players in here?

Ignorance isn't a good look on you, but let me give it a whirl.

Has Overwatch even caught on, on PC? I've played the game a few times but it seems boring without friends. Is Overwatch on PC even really a thing? It seems like people just get hooked on collecting loot box items or griefing other teams. Which would make sense if the player base seems bored and toxic on PC.

Well, that was fun.
Cheaters don't run rampant on Overwatch. It's great on PC.

If anyone is moderately interested in some arrr gee beee highlights for a new system build, I would recommend the Deep Cool fans and Gammax CPU cooler.  Very reasonable price compared to other RGB stuff (Corsair, in particular, is ludicrously overpriced).  3 RGB Deep Cool fans are $45 retail.  A 5-pack is $60 retail (so, like $7.50/ea. for the two extra).

I might be in the minority but I'm fine with the annual pass route that pushes end-game content releases over the span of a year. The alternative would be monthly subscriptions and for me, that would be a hard pass.

As for raids, I'd rather see new content and new raids. Now if there was a story reason or some tie-in to bring back old raids sure, but old content should probably stay retired. Vault of Glass was so good, so maybe there could be a reason to bring that location back with a Vex expansion? Who knows.
Maybe I'm too unrealistic / cheap, but I'm hoping things will return to form where $30-40 bought you a year of paid updates after the initial game's launch like what we had in D1's year 2 & 3. And agreed, new content is better.. I just think it would be relatively easy to bring back the D1 raids while also working on new content. Vault was great, all of them were good.

In my opinion, no one should put down the game and say it's not for them, boring, whatever.. without playing through a raid, which is the the best destiny gameplay has to offer.

Unless there's raids in the first ten minutes, if the game play isn't engaging (or an excellent story, environment, etc to hook me) then I'm bailing.  Life's too short for "It gets good after 20 hours"

In my opinion, no one should put down the game and say it's not for them, boring, whatever.. without playing through a raid, which is the the best destiny gameplay has to offer.
When I play games, it's generally with the express purpose of avoiding other humans. I don't think that concept is compatible with your idea that everyone should experience a "raid."

When I play games, it's generally with the express purpose of avoiding other humans. I don't think that concept is compatible with your idea that everyone should experience a "raid."
Sigh. Seriously, why can't I just have a self-contained single player game that doesn't require an always-on internet connection to support the social media features and microtransaction marketplaces that I'm never going to use?

It's awful that this game is even in a Monthly bundle to begin with. But in fairness to Humble, the paperwork to include it in the bundle was probably completed a month or so ago when it had a significantly higher peak player count of... **checks Steam Charts**... 33.

To shorten giant wall of text. Just to summarize I think that Destiny 2 and the first Destiny should both have had or maybe now they could add the option to have a matchmaking switch that you can turn on or off for the game types that do not currently support it. I also think that critics put to much emphasis on the lack of story when I thought the grimoire cards did a good job on filling in some lore on destiny 1 and the time, energy and assets used to give you non interactive cutscenes and more fleshed out story could have been put towards better gameplay mechanics, locations and game types.

[Wall of Texts - Formatted]

Everybody boast about how the raids are so great but the raids are kind of a messed up in the sense that if you're either on a different platform then other people you know or just don't have friends that play it your only option was to use lfg and dealing with Elitest demanding a minimum light level that was unachievable without having played a raid before, previous experience,certain class , certain weapon. and if you do get picked up by a team it's usually confusing and frustrating your first time depending on the rest of the group.

Sometimes people don't tell you what to do sometimes people the whole group never played before and and it takes forever or you just can't beat it. Some people want to holler at you if you don't know what bto do or you're not doing something right or you just get kicked. I Know they know have guided games. I've never tried it, I heard long waitimes and mixed reviews. I put 1000s of in destiny one and have been playing destiny 2 on and off since launch and to date I've only ever played all the way through the Vault of Glass and crotas end.

I know I probably could have if I put more energy into going on lfg or making friends in you know I have it in my own party that to do raids with or sitting and waiting for a guided game slot. but that's the thing it's a game I don't want to put energy into it I don't really want to lfg and friend people and all that. I'll listen and I'll talk and stuff during a raid when necessary but I just want to play the game that's why I think that they should just have matchmaking. I'm not an idiot if I get matchmaked with people and at least one person played The raid before and tells you what to do then you do it and not only that sometime you might have a team of noobs but they watched youtube videos and know what to do.

I just think it should be an option there are so many people that are against it but if it was an optional thing how does it hurt you either you turn it on or off. And I believe all contents should be that way for you know the entry level game with it just wants to I don't mind sitting in a lobby waiting for a teen to four more matchmaking but I'm not going to use a nap or go on my computer and go out of my way to find a team I'm not going to sit there for hours to wait for shuttle Sherpas on a guided game I can play with people most people can comprehend each other like if you put six people together and at least a couple and plate or watched YouTube you can at least experience it even if you don't beat it.

but my experience with Destiny though I thoroughly enjoy the game I've been limited to the play types that have matchmaking and I've never had many issues even if it was just like a regular strike and we didn't beat it no big deal you know but at least I'm able to just press the button gets him and play the damn game. So I definitely feel alienated by a lot of the aspects of the end game I know bungie has been adamant about them wanting people to go out and find friends and it being a community-based game but some people just want to play the game.

Its like all the people that cried about there not being cutscenes in the first game and there wasn't enough story, so what it's a game you shoot things, that's the point of the game, it has good gameplay who gives a shit about anything else go read freaking book. tell them to make a destiny book so you can find out all the history and then I get part 2 and there's cutscenes in it cause this bullshit.
"Wowsers" @ the Walls of Text (unformatted)!

This looks like the way I used to type Walls of Text on here and on my Steam User Reviews, until the Steam+ Guys here got me hip to breaking up Sentence City & Walls of Text.

Using a Enter/carriage return and then a space to break stuff up - even just after a few sentences, lines, and all. It just makes stuff a lot easier to read and looks a ton better for everyone.

You know, just like how I got this post here formatted!

EDIT:

I do think a lot of the story stuff, character stuff, and whatnot is important. It's not like Bungie suck at storytelling in shooters, as they were solid w/ Halo 1: CE. I do think most of that stuff for an online-only game that really is built for team-play should be in-game Lore - for players (like myself) to read, look at, audio-logs to listen to, and anything else mull over when they're in the Hub/Lobby (that would be The Farm in Destiny 2). I did a lot of this in Diablo 3 while in the game's town, just to relax from the constant barrage of action & looting - which can, after a while, wear me out.

Sometimes, I just need a break from shooting & looting stuff...and my break can be just chilling & getting into the Lore in-game, before I get back to the awesome action.

bread's done
Back