Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Playing Mafia 3 a bit. Good setting but the actual missions are kind of bland. Maybe I'm just tired of GTA-clones but 2K seems particularly bad at them.

Not buying they lost because of the ref call?

That was probably the most blatant fuck up on refs this year and we need to hold them to a higher standard than people do since they make 100's of thousands a year...
In real time it looked like the defender may have gotten there a touch early, or perhaps right on time. After seeing the slow motion It should have been called a penalty, but it was nowhere close to the most blatant error this year. There were errors earlier in that very game that may have been as bad.

And in no way did it compare to 2010 when the Saints needed a parade of "errors" to barely manage to beat the Vikings. The North remembers.

Playing Mafia 3 a bit. Good setting but the actual missions are kind of bland. Maybe I'm just tired of GTA-clones but 2K seems particularly bad at them.
Storytelling, narrative, voice-acting, and presentation is fantastic.

It's a damn shame the game-world is littered w/ UbiSoft side-quest type of grinding w/ repetitive side-missions, conquer-a-thons, collect-a-thons & destroy-a-thons everywhere. The game could've really benefited with the main quest always being scaled so the player can focus on mostly that stuff.

Also, the game needs more variety on the mission types. Thankfully, Faster Baby DLC w/ vehicular-based missions helps quite a bit, even despite its brevity. I wonder if the rest of the Season Pass helps w/ that - but, I ain't got back to M3 in a while b/c of its repetitive nature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yakuza Kiwami coming to Steam February 19th. Perfect timing after I just put 80 hours into Y0.
If there's ever a game to be the poster child for how to do open-worlds in this modern era, it has to be Yakuza 0 (Y0).

Y0 has side-quests w/ actual stories, character development, and whatnot everywhere - even if it ain't all voice-acted. This game does a great job w/ all the writing, dialogue, and voice-acting (when it's voice-acted, which is mostly in the main quest).

Y0 also really utilizes its small spaces and areas very well. Detailed areas everywhere, with places to go & do things in. It feels like almost around every corner, there's a building, shop, restaurant, arcade, or something that I can walk in...and go do stuff. Y0 is a nice change from the usual assortment of UbiSoft style side-quests w/ collect-a-thons, conquer-a-thons, destroy-a-thons that are everywhere. Each area feels like a neighrborhood I get to know well and get completely immersed in.

If that isn't enough w/ the side quests and all, then there's also Y0's mini-games. You got darts, pool, old-school Sega Classics in arcades, bowling, poker tables, blackjack tables, roulette tables, mahjong tables, kareoke rhythm games, dancing mini-games, and who knows what else that I haven't got to...yet.

Y0 is great so far, some 14 hours in or so...

If that isn't enough w/ the side quests and all, then there's also Y0's mini-games. You got darts, pool, old-school Sega Classics in arcades, bowling, poker tables, blackjack tables, roulette tables, mahjong tables, kareoke rhythm games, dancing mini-games, and who knows what else that I haven't got to...yet.

Y0 is great so far, some 14 hours in or so...
You probably haven't reached Chapter 7 yet, but once you do, it opens up the most addictive side activity in the entire game.

Unfortunately Kiwami doesn't appear to be nearly as dense with side activities as Y0 (and is overall one of the weaker games in the series, which I guess can be expected since it's a remaster of a PS2-era game), but I'm still excited to jump back into that world and will probably get it Day 1.

Here's my review of NFL

You don't have referees in Rocket League, ergo eSports is better and the better player always win.
Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

People love to hate the patriots being in the Superbowl, but I think every single Superbowl they've been in the games have been really exciting and come down to the wire.

People love to hate the patriots being in the Superbowl, but I think every single Superbowl they've been in the games have been really exciting and come down to the wire.
the games can be the most exciting games in the world, i'm just sick of tom brady/belichick/the patriots. i'd rather there have been a blowout snoozer between the chiefs/rams than an overtime thriller involving the patriots

Yakuza Kiwami coming to Steam February 19th. Perfect timing after I just put 80 hours into Y0.
Yakuza Kiwami February 19th. $19.99 before 10% discount.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/834530/Yakuza_Kiwami/
And for those it may concern it appears they pulled Denuvo from the game:

https://steamdb.info/app/834530/history/?changeid=U:9928093

I was still going to buy it anyways, but just throwing this out there for those who avoid games with Denuvo in it.

RE2 looking good... Real good.

https://opencritic.com/game/6848/resident-evil-2

Still redeeming codes.
Awesome!

Summary: Resident Evil 2 is a gold-standard for how to do a remake, combining the original's nostalgia with modernized and fresh gameplay to bring an awesome experience for players old and new. This may be the best Resident Evil game ever released.
If this RE2 Remake can top the amazing RE4, this really is something special.

I thought RE4 was trash.  Code Veronica will always be my favorite with Nemesis right behind.  Though the dog through the window will always be the scariest moment in a video game, so iconic.

I thought RE4 was trash. Code Veronica will always be my favorite with Nemesis right behind. Though the dog through the window will always be the scariest moment in a video game, so iconic.
Blasphemy. RE4 is easily one of the best games of that console generation. (And it still holds up with the HD versions)

Blasphemy. RE4 is easily one of the best games of that console generation. (And it still holds up with the HD versions)
Yeah, I didn't play RE4 until a few years ago when I got the remake in a humble bundle so there's no nostalgic factor for me, I think it's fantastic.

One of my buddies let me play RE7 on his PSVR and unfortunately I am very susceptible to motion sickness thus I have a hard time playing any VR game for more than 10-15 minutes. I have a WMR headset and the only games I can play are racing games and then only 1 or 2 short races before I have to take a break. It is super lame.

should try RE7 Gold with VR. You will have a heart attack for the first hours

For those of you working without pay for the greatest cause, my beautiful border wall, it's really beautiful. You'll love it, believe me. People will marvel forever at the TrumpCat Wall, trust me. You may not be able to afford a roof over your head, or heat, or food .... but you can get Distraint Deluxe Edition for free over at GOG. Tremendous.

https://www.gog.com/game/distraint_deluxe_edition

PelosiCat and the RADICAL LEFT don't want me to tell you about this new FANATICAL BUNDLE. They won't let me give a STATE OF THE ONION ADDRESS. SO I had to tweet it here on CAG.

A new Fanatical Exclusive Bundle
Don’t die of boredom
Prepare to kick ass and take names as though you were Death himself with 10 games for only $4.99 in our new Reaper Bundle.

GET THE BUNDLE HERE[www.fanatical.com]
Games in the Bundle:

Alright, so I didn't realize Mutant Football League was an arcade football game until today.  Always assumed it was a strategy game.  Tried it out today (demo available on Steam) and it's a lot of fun.  It's like NFL Blitz but with death and traps and monsters.  On sale right now and recommended for anyone looking for their arcade football fix.  

Alright, so I didn't realize Mutant Football League was an arcade football game until today. Always assumed it was a strategy game. Tried it out today (demo available on Steam) and it's a lot of fun. It's like NFL Blitz but with death and traps and monsters. On sale right now and recommended for anyone looking for their arcade football fix.
I loved Mutant League Football on the Genesis, way back in the day. It was basically Madden football (from that era) w/ its engine and gameplay - but instead w/ mutants, violence, and other insanity. It was a blast.

I hope this new Mutant Football League is similar.

PelosiCat and the RADICAL LEFT don't want me to tell you about this new FANATICAL BUNDLE. They won't let me give a STATE OF THE ONION ADDRESS. SO I had to tweet it here on CAG.

Don’t die of boredom
Prepare to kick ass and take names as though you were Death himself with 10 games for only $4.99 in our new Reaper Bundle.

Games in the Bundle:
This is actually quite good. If I didn't own some of these already I'd probably buy it.

Don’t die of boredom
Prepare to kick ass and take names as though you were Death himself with 10 games for only $4.99 in our new Reaper Bundle.

Games in the Bundle:
Is this just the Payday 2 base-game?

Or does this also come w/ any DLC's?
If it comes w/ DLC's - which ones?

Is this just the Payday 2 base-game?

Or does this also come w/ any DLC's?
If it comes w/ DLC's - which ones?
Regarding Payday 2 in the Fanatical bundle - no DLC included. However, if you have VR gear, then you might like that the game has a free DLC for VR.

Going to the store, the interesting part for Payday 2 DLC is except for the h3h3 character pack being able to be bought, when I click on other DLC there is no option to buy the one DLC but to buy a $16+ DLC bundle.

Question to those that played Tales from Candlekeep:Tomb of Annihilation: am I understanding that the DLC is really just boosts, not actual extended gameplay type DLC?

Thank you

Don’t die of boredom

Games in the Bundle:
This bundle seems like a pretty good deal. I'm interested in 3 of those titles.

Any experience as to when AMD will sends out the codes? Thinking of staying up if they release them around midnight.
I might be misremembering, but key promotions seem low priority when it comes to punctuality. Might've been Nvidia I'm thinking of, but the key didn't come until midday or later of the release.

Payday 2 - RWNT4-M5+WV-X5LXN

Renowned Explorers: International Society - PGQTH-7Q8C+-230W8

Jalopy - 8B4BN-I2A09-5YEF*

Hover - KP*W2-339X0-09KJ7

Figment - H24HY-BQ*FC-W4RXR

Subterain - Q+G04-I5955-EALA7

* = ABCDFGH (missing letter)

+ = 3x1

Payday 2 - RWNT4-M5+WV-X5LXN

Renowned Explorers: International Society - PGQTH-7Q8C+-230W8

Jalopy - 8B4BN-I2A09-5YEF*

Hover - KP*W2-339X0-09KJ7

Figment - H24HY-BQ*FC-W4RXR

Subterain - Q+G04-I5955-EALA7

* = ABCDFGH (missing letter)

+ = 3x1
people so fast, but thanks for Renowned Explorers

Question to those that played Tales from Candlekeep:Tomb of Annihilation: am I understanding that the DLC is really just boosts, not actual extended gameplay type DLC?
Yeah, it's all just stuff to make the game easier basically except for the Qawasha DLC that looks like it adds another character. I don't have that one.

Alright, so I didn't realize Mutant Football League was an arcade football game until today. Always assumed it was a strategy game. Tried it out today (demo available on Steam) and it's a lot of fun. It's like NFL Blitz but with death and traps and monsters. On sale right now and recommended for anyone looking for their arcade football fix.
The strategy game you might be confusing it with is the Warhammer football one. Can't remember the name.

The strategy game you might be confusing it with is the Warhammer football one. Can't remember the name.
Probably thinking Blood Bowl.

Also, Jackbox Party Pack currently free via the Epic Store until February 7th.

Next free game will be Axiom Verge (Feb 7 - Feb 21). Between this, Subnautica and Edith Finch, Epic is doing a better job of knocking games off my Steam wishlist than Steam/Humble.

bread's done
Back