Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Hopefully Steam comes out with Steam Connect soon, so I can get free copies of my Epic Store and GOG games on Steam.
But then you'd have extra copies of GOG Connect games that you got from Steam that you got from GOG Connect that you got from Steam that you

giphy.gif

But then you'd have extra copies of GOG Connect games that you got from Steam that you got from GOG Connect that you got from Steam that you

giphy.gif
I have a confession to make:

I own games on GOG that I didn't get for free. In the last 4+ years I've spent a mere ~$23 on GOG, but from 2012-2014 those 75% off bundles of newly released classic games were hard to resist.

Now you know my shame. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a lot of GOG classics. It's where I generally prefer to get my DRM free download games. No shame here. I rarely buy games anymore since the classics come well patched usually to Steam now, so there is less incentive to get them there.

The quality of the Epic Games giveaways seems to alternate from game to game. Subnautica and Edith Finch have been the real highlights, while Meat Boy is pretty meh, given how many bundles its been in.

Shadow Warrior 2 on GOG was quite a giveaway too. Haven't purchased anything on GOG since over 4 years ago. GOG Connect and their freebies have given me a robust library.

Also, I noticed Witcher 3 has gotten a deeper discount than previously on GOG, which likely means the Steam sales will also reflect this the next time Witcher 3 is on sale there. Maybe 3 years from now the season pass will be 75 percent off.

I have a confession to make:

I own games on GOG that I didn't get for free. In the last 4+ years I've spent a mere ~$23 on GOG, but from 2012-2014 those 75% off bundles of newly released classic games were hard to resist.

Now you know my shame. :(
No shame when going DRM-FREE, just in case any other DRM-laced services go the way of the dodo.

At least w/ DRM-FREE, you know your games will work.

Otherwise - you'd have to pray someone finds a way to make DRM-laced games work somewhere...where it's a source port to run the game on (not laced w/ DRM); use a crack (which has the DRM-check broken); a DRM-FREE version ends up on GOG; any/or any sort of whatnot.

Check your inventory for 50% off coupons for When Ski Lifts Go Wrong.  Stacks on the current 15% release discount.  Brings it down to less than $7.  I love it when companies do stuff like this so I had to support.  Same pub who put out Human Fall Flat, which is another great physics simulator.  My mini review of Ski lifts:

I played about 30-45 minutes of When Ski Lifts Go Wrong and it's fun. What you would expect, sort of a bridge constructor style game with variety. You can build a variety of ski lifts but there's also segments where you have to make ski jumps and control a skier, snowboarder, or snowmobile as it drives through your course. Controls are Trials style. For the price I think it's worth it if you dig this style game.

Check your inventory for 50% off coupons for When Ski Lifts Go Wrong. Stacks on the current 15% release discount. Brings it down to less than $7. I love it when companies do stuff like this so I had to support. Same pub who put out Human Fall Flat, which is another great physics simulator. My mini review of Ski lifts:
Interesting. I saw it on Reddit just yesterday.

Can anyone explain to me what the appeal of Binding of Isaac (Rebirth or the original) is?  I had the day off, so I started going back to old games that I had never played and tried a few rounds of Rebirth.  Other than the weird graphics and the coils of poop, I don't really see why everyone loves the game...especially when Feral Fury is a much better choice.

Umm it's challenging and fun and has some secrets and you unlock a lot of stuff. I don't care much for the story honestly, but the game play is pretty good. I don't play it as much anymore but still had close to a 100 something hours between it and rebirth/afterbirth. It's not for everyone but it's good a for a run through or a challenge or just doing random and hoping for the best.

Umm it's challenging and fun and has some secrets and you unlock a lot of stuff. I don't care much for the story honestly, but the game play is pretty good. I don't play it as much anymore but still had close to a 100 something hours between it and rebirth/afterbirth. It's not for everyone but it's good a for a run through or a challenge or just doing random and hoping for the best.
It doesn't suck. I've just seen it on a lot of list of games that people should play, but the game play wasn't frantic enough for me. You should definitely try Feral Fury if you haven't played that one. It's similar except with bears who wield guns. But I can't see myself playing Binding of Isaac for 100 hours. And this is coming from someone who has played Spelunky for more than 100 hours.

I have a lot of GOG classics. It's where I generally prefer to get my DRM free download games. No shame here. I rarely buy games anymore since the classics come well patched usually to Steam now, so there is less incentive to get them there.
Yes exactly. GOG was great for awhile, picking up exclusive releases of classic games, but now Steam has most of those games as well. IIRC some people compared the files in GOG and Steam installations of a few old games, and the files were identical (often the Steam versions of those games were DRM-free and could be run without the client).

I soured on GOG for many reasons, but I still keep track of what they release and maintain a wishlist. I'm hoping I'll be able to get GOG versions of various games like the old LucasArts catalog through GOG Connect one day. Regardless, it's been easier and cheaper to acquire older games on Steam via complete-your-collection bundles and third party bundles.

you think steam will do that before epic?
No, but one can dream!

Binding of Isaac has tons of unlockable items, several unlockable characters, secret bosses, and a ton of rng that makes every run unique, gives it a lot of replayability and makes it a good youtube/streaming game.  I think that is a lot of the appeal of it.  It is definitely a much more interesting game when you can get deep into it consistently than it is when you start out though.  That said, I could never have thousands and thousands of hours in it like a lot of people do.  Then again, there are people with thousands of hours in Spelunky as well.  

So apparently RE2 is now available for people with AMD codes, which would explain why I can't even get onto the AMD Rewards site right now.

And FWIW, there are no Steam keys. You link your Steam account in order to redeem (RIP Mooby).

Probably thinking Blood Bowl.

Also, Jackbox Party Pack currently free via the Epic Store until February 7th.

Next free game will be Axiom Verge (Feb 7 - Feb 21). Between this, Subnautica and Edith Finch, Epic is doing a better job of knocking games off my Steam wishlist than Steam/Humble.
oh wow, i've been waiting for axiom verge to be in a humble bundle for like 3 years

Since the AMD Rewards site was having major issues last night I just decided to wait until I got up this morning to get my game.

And yeah, as Insomniac said you don't get a Steam key for Resident Evil 2.  Instead you have to click on a link to authorize AMD to activate the game to your Steam account.  So I don't see how people will be able to resell the game.

Still waiting for mine I guess? Where do you link your steam account to your AMD rewards account?
[attachment=31700:5A56B8E4-3540-47A7-AEE7-B5D3DDD60766.png]

Still waiting for mine I guess? Where do you link your steam account to your AMD rewards account?
Where it says "Your key will be assigned as soon as it is available" it'll change to a link that says "REDEEM ON STEAM WITH YOUR ACCOUNT" (or something like that). You click on it and it takes you to Steam's website to have you log in and then it should ask you if you want to allow AMD to activate a CD-key on your account.

Where it says "Your key will be assigned as soon as it is available" it'll change to a link that says "REDEEM ON STEAM WITH YOUR ACCOUNT" (or something like that). You click on it and it takes you to Steam's website to have you log in and then it should ask you if you want to allow AMD to activate a CD-key on your account.
Thanks! Was hoping to have steam download RE2 while at work.

Since the AMD Rewards site was having major issues last night I just decided to wait until I got up this morning to get my game.

And yeah, as Insomniac said you don't get a Steam key for Resident Evil 2. Instead you have to click on a link to authorize AMD to activate the game to your Steam account. So I don't see how people will be able to resell the game.
There's (or at least was) exploit to get key :p

Ugh, Metroid Prime 4 restarting development from the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLIv_UXI_So

You just use devtools of browser to capture request. Somewhere gametrades reddit has gif/video instructions too lazy to find.
Really bro???

Going to ruin it for the rest of us...good job

The more ppl that know the faster it gets patched derp especially with all the lurkers in here lately

I don't feel bad about missing the Kingdom Hearts PS4 Pro preorder now.  Seems like half the people that ordered one, even some who ordered right after it went live are having their orders canceled.  

Plus I would have felt gross giving money to Gamestop.  Wish they had just released the thing everywhere and in more reasonable quantities so I could have got it on Amazon.  Oh well.  Probably not worth upgrading to a Pro anyway.

Huh, so late last year upon purchasing a GTX 1070, I received an Nvidia code to redeem a copy of Monster Hunter World. I ended up returning the card before I could use the code, though, and I figured I'd just let it sit and expire. This talk about bypassing GPU checks reminded me of that unused code and inspired me to see if there was a way to activate it without an Nvidia GPU. I didn't find anything helpful, but the redemption period ends in a week so I figured, "What the hell, let's just try redeeming it on my PC with an RX 580 and see what happens."

Cnx8vuw.png

I actually sorta feel bad that it worked.

Huh, so late last year upon purchasing a GTX 1070, I received an Nvidia code to redeem a copy of Monster Hunter World. I ended up returning the card before I could use the code, though, and I figured I'd just let it sit and expire. This talk about bypassing GPU checks reminded me of that unused code and inspired me to see if there was a way to activate it without an Nvidia GPU. I didn't find anything helpful, but the redemption period ends in a week so I figured, "What the hell, let's just try redeeming it on my PC with an RX 580 and see what happens."

Cnx8vuw.png

I actually sorta feel bad that it worked.
YUR TURRIBLE!!! Y U NO GIV CODE 2 MEEE???

bread's done
Back