Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Huh, so late last year upon purchasing a GTX 1070, I received an Nvidia code to redeem a copy of Monster Hunter World. I ended up returning the card before I could use the code, though, and I figured I'd just let it sit and expire. This talk about bypassing GPU checks reminded me of that unused code and inspired me to see if there was a way to activate it without an Nvidia GPU. I didn't find anything helpful, but the redemption period ends in a week so I figured, "What the hell, let's just try redeeming it on my PC with an RX 580 and see what happens."

Cnx8vuw.png

I actually sorta feel bad that it worked.
Yeah the Monster Hunter codes don't need a specific GPU to activate

and I still don't have my AMD RE2 copy..

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh, so late last year upon purchasing a GTX 1070, I received an Nvidia code to redeem a copy of Monster Hunter World. I ended up returning the card before I could use the code, though, and I figured I'd just let it sit and expire. This talk about bypassing GPU checks reminded me of that unused code and inspired me to see if there was a way to activate it without an Nvidia GPU. I didn't find anything helpful, but the redemption period ends in a week so I figured, "What the hell, let's just try redeeming it on my PC with an RX 580 and see what happens."

Cnx8vuw.png

I actually sorta feel bad that it worked.
Riported to Playfire

Enjoy your ban, loser

Never? Not much point when 1 and 2 were remastered, and 3 probably will be too
Is RE3 the only major RE game missing a (OG or Remaster) version on Steam now?

I do remember old version of RE1,2,3 were on PC - and for some odd reason, I never bought them way back in the day. Foolish me.

Is RE3 the only major RE game missing a (OG or Remaster) version on Steam now?

I do remember old version of RE1,2,3 were on PC - and for some odd reason, I never bought them way back in the day. Foolish me.
No, Code Veronica is major.. it received a remaster on PS3 though.

Me zero hours into RE2 (don't own it) while reading posts about people using workarounds to bypass GPU checks and such while redeeming their AMD promo codes for RE2, or otherwise still waiting for their keys:

46E9WYC.gif

So, you don't actually get a Steam key for RE2, you have to redeem it directly through the AMD rewards thing by logging in to Steam.

Out of context, it feels like you're bragging.
I'm not that much of a prick, just really bad at reading the room.

So, you don't actually get a Steam key for RE2, you have to redeem it directly through the AMD rewards thing by logging in to Steam.
Motiv said that the method Madjoki linked to earlier today no longer works, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try it for yourself. Outside of that, you're probably out of luck if you want a key to resell.

Code Veronica was actually my favorite before the series went all action heavy. Haven't played 7 yet, however.
Hmmm, would be nice if Code Veronica also came to PC then!

I also haven't played and haven't bought RE7.

I have RE: Revelations 2 and some of its content DLC's - but I've only played the First Episode.

I should go play the other episodes.

For those of you working without pay for the greatest cause, my beautiful border wall, it's really beautiful. You'll love it, believe me. People will marvel forever at the TrumpCat Wall, trust me. You may not be able to afford a roof over your head, or heat, or food .... but you can get Distraint Deluxe Edition for free over at GOG. Tremendous.

https://www.gog.com/game/distraint_deluxe_edition
FAK! I missed this.

fwiw witcher 3 goty edition is 70% off (15 dollars) on gog right now, which is the cheapest i've seen it. if you like rpgs and somehow haven't bought it yet this is a great deal, my playthrough of the goty edition took me like 170 hours or so to get through and the game is pretty much as good as it's hyped to be imo

fwiw witcher 3 goty edition is 70% off (15 dollars) on gog right now, which is the cheapest i've seen it. if you like rpgs and somehow haven't bought it yet this is a great deal, my playthrough of the goty edition took me like 170 hours or so to get through and the game is pretty much as good as it's hyped to be imo
Next month's Humble for sure.

Will be slumming at 1080p for a while with an antiquated monitor.  Waiting to see future developments with AMD GPUs and whether 4k becomes viable without spending a fortune or if I should just focus on 1440p at higher fps.

Metro Exodus is a game that I would not be surprised to see both on PS4 and PS5 (along with XBOX 1 and the next gen XBOX).  Are they trying to be the newest Crisis?  I can respect the minimum requirements, but I am wondering how many people have a 1070/2060 or Vega 56 already.  I think Steam has a database that would show.  

Will be slumming at 1080p for a while with an antiquated monitor. Waiting to see future developments with AMD GPUs and whether 4k becomes viable without spending a fortune or if I should just focus on 1440p at higher fps.
I think MysterD was one of the first that I recall mentioning it; 1080p is the current sweet spot for playing games and cost. 1440p is getting better and better cost wise but 4k remains ridiculously high ie I9 and 2080Ti. It will be interesting to see how Sony and MS plan on 4k gaming and pushing the hardware with the upcoming next gen consoles.

Yeah, the recommend specs for Metro: Exodus seem stiff.

How many people own actually 1070's, 2060's, or Vegas 56's?

I would guess...many might have 960's, 970's, 1050's, and 1060's; and those AMD equivalents.

I will be very curious how this runs, as the Min's (2GB card) are much different than the recommended (8GB card). I'm here in the "4GB" 970 on my desktop and 6gb 1060 on my laptop - so, I'll be curious where I'd be sitting w/ either of those set-ups.

Maybe...I'd have some Medium and High settings? Or all Medium?

Will be slumming at 1080p for a while with an antiquated monitor. Waiting to see future developments with AMD GPUs and whether 4k becomes viable without spending a fortune or if I should just focus on 1440p at higher fps.
21:9 > 4K. If you haven't tried it, you owe it to yourself to find a way.

I'd go with the latter.
Yes, 90% chance I do that. For my gaming purposes I don't think 4k will be worth the investment anytime in the next five or so years. Probably longer. Will go with a 27" monitor that can do 1440p at 120fps. Maybe 3440x1440, though. But that won't be until the next round of good sales which I'm sure won't be until Black Friday. Or when the new gen of AMD comes out/Nvidia cards reach reasonable prices.

Yes, 90% chance I do that. For my gaming purposes I don't think 4k will be worth the investment anytime in the next five or so years. Probably longer. Will go with a 27" monitor that can do 1440p at 120fps. Maybe 3440x1440, though. But that won't be until the next round of good sales which I'm sure won't be until Black Friday. Or when the new gen of AMD comes out/Nvidia cards reach reasonable prices.
I think 1080p or 1440p w/ a monitor equipped high refresh rate (90-240hz) and some A-Syncing method support (G-Sync or Freesync) is the way to go.

I'm really happy with a 3440x1440 ultrawide and then the ability to game on my 55" 4k samsung tv on occasion.  Pretty much never wish I had a 4k gaming monitor.  Only feature I really wish I had is HDR on my ultrawide.

I like gaming in 4k but that's mostly because I have a 65" tv and I can game in my recliner with wireless mouse and keyboard. If I sat at a desk with a small 24" something monitor or was into shooters I would definitely appreciate a 144htz ultra wide w/wired mouse more.

I like gaming in 4k but that's mostly because I have a 65" tv and I can game in my recliner with wireless mouse and keyboard.
This is close to where I am. I upgraded the TV connected to my pc to a 55" 2018 LG OLED, partially because of the BB sale, but mostly because it has very little input lag. Also had to grab an HDMI with 2.0a/b features since Win10 is picky about HDR. My 1080p 144hz G-sync monitor is fine and all, but the vibrancy of colors, deep blacks and upped resolution along with convenience will be my go to for awhile.

Those Metro Exodus specs, though. Have to drop down somewhere between Med and High for 4K.

I wish 21:9 became the norm for all gaming and entertainment consumption. To me it's similar to back when we were comparing 16:9 to 4:3. But, I remember how long it took to formally adopt 16:9 as a standard.  

I wish 21:9 became the norm for all gaming and entertainment consumption. To me it's similar to back when we were comparing 16:9 to 4:3. But, I remember how long it took to formally adopt 16:9 as a standard.
There's a 4:3 trend hitting cinema. American Honey, First Reformed, Son of Saul all filmed in 4:3.

I've seen more YouTube unboxing videos lately in 2.35 than films. Maybe 2.35 will start taking on the reputation of "cell phone aspect ratio", like how 4:3 unfairly took on the reputation of "TV aspect ratio".

bread's done
Back