Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So one post on reddit about cosmetic only dlc data mined from an unreleased game is proof that the game wont have longevity? Shouldnt you at least wait for the game to release, or at least even the public demo, before you say the sky is falling?

I'm not even sure who exactly different colored flying suits are preying on besides people with more money than sense. If them buying $20 outfits makes it so I dont have to pay for a new raid then I'm satisfied, isnt post-release content supposedly going to be free?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a mighty big assumption to make. Does angry nerdboy provide any proof showing every game that releases with $20 skins is a cash grab?

And see, this is why I don't feel bad for the immature manbabies that are gamers.
Obviously not every single game that releases with $20 skins is an obvious cash grab (also nobody actually said that, but I'll entertain your straw-man argument), but if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... it's a duck.

Also I realize that on this forum the age skews much higher, but do you people realize kids play these games? Those of the ones these micro-transactions prey on. They either have access to mommy's credit card, or they don't have money and don't know any better, so they turn to google and type in "FREE VBUX FORTNITE SKINS" and then are redirected to some shady survey site that probably installs a virus or keylogger on their computer upon completion.

Obviously not every single game that releases with $20 skins is an obvious cash grab (also nobody actually said that, but I'll entertain your straw-man argument), but if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... it's a duck.

Also I realize that on this forum the age skews much higher, but do you people realize kids play these games? Those of the ones these micro-transactions prey on. They either have access to mommy's credit card, or they don't have money and don't know any better, so they turn to google and type in "FREE VBUX FORTNITE SKINS" and then are redirected to some shady survey site that probably installs a virus or keylogger on their computer upon completion.
So now we're acting like we care about kids?

You're as bad as the anti-female streamers on Twitch crowd with that.

It's up to parents to police their kids and their spending habits. Pubs don't need to play nanny. Every game has wack crap. PUBG had like $25 Joker and Harley Quinn crap and people bought it. I didn't. I'm still happily playing on the same $30 copy I bought 2 years ago and two $10 event passes.

Fortnite has a ton of expensive cosmetic DLC. More power to the people who enjoy it. The presence of overpriced DLC is not indicative in any way of the quality of the game. I prefer this model over WOW's $15 a month crap. Let the kids support their game with their mom's credit card. Not my problem.

Was that the winter sale stuff? I just converted those to gems. 100 gems each, 10= 1 sack of gems. Easier to sell a sack of gems.
Well, it wasn't the same stuff you're talking about because I removed them and no option to turn into gems. :/

My stuff was the stuff like the chapstick and socks to level up the one badge.

Guess I'll just use them myself since no point re-adding them to the market to be at the end of the line to get sold.

Metro games are getting review-bombed on Steam b/c of the Epic Games Store fiasco:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/metro-exodus/metro-2033-last-light-review-bomb
I doubt they care at all about games that have been so cheap or even free being review-bombed. They might care some if quite a few people preordered the new one while it was still on Steam just so they could leave a bad review and refund.

Seems to be a trend lately. Quite a few idiots bought Chuchel when they changed the color of the character to orange just so they could leave a bad review and then refund. That was a much cheaper game though.

Why did like, every single game on Steam just update?
Something about Steam switching to using shared folders for crap like .net, vcc-redist, physx, etc.

So every game you have installed will show an update, but it'll really be deleting those files.

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/wlOvg/psa-steam-updating-shared-net-visual-c-and-physx-libraries-updates-for-many-installed-games

EDIT:

and there is a bug with it that shows the largest download size for 0 byte updates.

For example, a game has a real update that is 500mb. Every other game is really a 0 byte update.

Steam will show 500mb for all updates even though only one will actually download something.

Octodad was today's Steam daily; game is on sale for $0.99.  From my perspective, this is a type of deal Steam needs to keep doing;  offer a game like Octodad for a buck.  Steam does not advertise outside of Steam and may want to consider better promos and marketing if trying to drive sales.  

In thinking about the various websites now that sell Steam keys, I think Fanatical has made the most improvements and learned how to use social media and marketing better than the others.  They regularly have a daily deal and come out with bundles, some great, some meh.

Groupees has gone downhill but, to be fair, is the best site for music bundles.  Now that their Be Mines are no longer under the sub that they prolonged delivery of, I am cautious about the quality going forward.

IG has made some improvements overall i.e. expanded their base of game offerings, have times of free games (sometimes just DRM free), but the quality of bundles have been declining.  

GMG, I think has been good at evaluating the trends and learning when to simply cut the sale price in relation to Steam and Humble.  The addition of GMG credit has only helped them.

Humble, well I think we can agree that IGN taking over was not helpful.  The monthly is still a good value and they have been trying to promote bundles via live feeds and such.  The continued decline in quality of what was the weekly bundle, and taking away any HB store credit from buying bundles, along with good competition from other sites such as GMG have made me examine my purchases more closely.  Humble's book and comic bundles are good values if you like the material.  I will say that audiobook bundles are more my style.

CDkeys is worth mentioning as I believe they were smart with the 3% off via Facebook like so that they can send you promos via Facebook.  CDkeys is better than G2A and has been the lowest price site for games such as Doom, Gears of War 4, CoD titles.

Having said all of the above, I realize that Steam may be counting on reddit, CAG, Slickdeals, other sites that monitor prices to market for them and after all, Steam is the current King of the Hill.

Octodad was today's Steam daily; game is on sale for $0.99. From my perspective, this is a type of deal Steam needs to keep doing; offer a game like Octodad for a buck. Steam does not advertise outside of Steam and may want to consider better promos and marketing if trying to drive sales.

In thinking about the various websites now that sell Steam keys, I think Fanatical has made the most improvements and learned how to use social media and marketing better than the others. They regularly have a daily deal and come out with bundles, some great, some meh.

Groupees has gone downhill but, to be fair, is the best site for music bundles. Now that their Be Mines are no longer under the sub that they prolonged delivery of, I am cautious about the quality going forward.

IG has made some improvements overall i.e. expanded their base of game offerings, have times of free games (sometimes just DRM free), but the quality of bundles have been declining.

GMG, I think has been good at evaluating the trends and learning when to simply cut the sale price in relation to Steam and Humble. The addition of GMG credit has only helped them.

Humble, well I think we can agree that IGN taking over was not helpful. The monthly is still a good value and they have been trying to promote bundles via live feeds and such. The continued decline in quality of what was the weekly bundle, and taking away any HB store credit from buying bundles, along with good competition from other sites such as GMG have made me examine my purchases more closely. Humble's book and comic bundles are good values if you like the material. I will say that audiobook bundles are more my style.

CDkeys is worth mentioning as I believe they were smart with the 3% off via Facebook like so that they can send you promos via Facebook. CDkeys is better than G2A and has been the lowest price site for games such as Doom, Gears of War 4, CoD titles.

Having said all of the above, I realize that Steam may be counting on reddit, CAG, Slickdeals, other sites that monitor prices to market for them and after all, Steam is the current King of the Hill.
You forgot Chrono.gg, Gamersgate, and Razer Game Store!

You forgot Chrono.gg, Gamersgate, and Razer Game Store!
All valid stores/sites. Chrono, while I never did the coin thing, has had some daily deals that were better than any other site at the time.

Razer came out with a bang with the credit, zGold, and credit to use on a next purchase. I thought the last couple of rounds of razer sale have been weaker than normal, but maybe just me.

Gamersgate also can be a source of a good deal.

All in all, if you want a decent deal; check isthereanydeal for current pricing and look at history of cheapest price on whatever site.

I will defer to others about buying a title pre release as I am too cheap for that. From what I can tell, it seems to be better to buy on site such as GMG or Fanatical instead of Steam or even Humble with 10% off if monthly subscriber. Again, I will defer to other CAGs experience.

Anthem and cosmetic DLC; it's not that I'm against that DLC practice as I'm not, I've supported it in a lot of games, but EA has no good will left and this was not the time for it. If you're game is running right and people are happy with it then start doing cosmetic DLC... but that price scheme is way out of line.

At least they have said there is no loot boxes in the game... but, hey, this is EA... I can see them adding them later. Like I said. They have no good will left and you cannot trust them to not be shady.

Anthem and cosmetic DLC; it's not that I'm against that DLC practice as I'm not, I've supported it in a lot of games, but EA has no good will left and this was not the time for it. If you're game is running right and people are happy with it then start doing cosmetic DLC... but that price scheme is way out of line.

At least they have said there is no loot boxes in the game... but, hey, this is EA... I can see them adding them later. Like I said. They have no good will left and you cannot trust them to not be shady.

Free Game - Fine to add cosmetic only paid items

$60 Game - Not okay to charge for cosmetics UNLESS you can easily earn the currency in game

Still would buy the shit out of Anthem but I already have Origin Access 

Wow Humble Store gave me a free game for buying some stuff in their Winter Sale DESYNC. Honestly looks like prime bundling material, but it's not been bundled so that's nice. 

I agree with FissFiss to an extent, in that you paid for the game and expect to have meaningless content like cosmetics already unlocked. And offering in-game currency rewards like Hearthstone is a welcomed gratuity for any microtransaction game.

But NO game deserves cosmetic DLC if the base game is shit. Work on making the actual game better instead of supplementing a terrible game with bondage gear and furry costumes in hopes that they'll attract lonely virgins.

From day 1 of dlc existing, it's almost always proven itself as something completely extraneous to the main game. Yeah, yeah, I know you can dig up examples to prove that wrong, but those are really the exception.

I never get annoyed by dlc and just see it like tipping a developer you like. I'd rather buy a $20 suit for a character than tip my waiter 20% for having the mind-blowing ability of repeating my order to the kitchen and then carrying it out to my table.

$60 Game - Not okay to charge for cosmetics UNLESS you can easily earn the currency in game
While that sounds good, I'm in the middle of playing AC Odyssey which probably breaks that rule (easily being the key word) and don't really see any problem with their store. Considering just how massive the base game is, and looking at what they're still adding as part of the base game, I can't get angry about the fact that they're selling something on their store that makes it look like my horse is made of flames. (Or lots of other cosmetic looks for my horse, my ship, or my crew. Whatever.)

Still would buy the shit out of Anthem but I already have Origin Access
Exactly. People have already paid for the game; they've even paid premiums in many instances. We're not talking about a F2P game here.

The whole point of shared-world loot shooters is to complete difficult achievements and continue building and styling your character's unique loadout and appearance. That's why people keep playing the game.

While that sounds good, I'm in the middle of playing AC Odyssey which probably breaks that rule (easily being the key word) and don't really see any problem with their store. Considering just how massive the base game is, and looking at what they're still adding as part of the base game, I can't get angry about the fact that they're selling something on their store that makes it look like my horse is made of flames. (Or lots of other cosmetic looks for my horse, my ship, or my crew. Whatever.)
You're just desensitized to microtransactions then. AC Odyssey is exactly how things shouldn't be done; they sell powerful equipment. It only works, and can be overlooked, because it is a single player game.

Little Caesars pretzel crust pizza is back!

Now, if Hardee's would just bring back the El Diablo.

No, if you're still waiting your code probably got flagged. You need to contact AMD support and they'll probably ask for an invoice.
I've been wondering if there's any correlation between people who have yet to receive their copy of RE2 and people who bought a code on eBay and had someone redeem it for them. Curious if they have a system in place to detect something like that (IP check?).

I've been wondering if there's any correlation between people who have yet to receive their copy of RE2 and people who bought a code on eBay and had someone redeem it for them. Curious if they have a system in place to detect something like that (IP check?).
They do check IP. Not sure if that's why it was why we got flagged or if it was the codes themselves.

Exactly. People have already paid for the game; they've even paid premiums in many instances. We're not talking about a F2P game here.

The whole point of shared-world loot shooters is to complete difficult achievements and continue building and styling your character's unique loadout and appearance. That's why people keep playing the game.

You're just desensitized to microtransactions then. AC Odyssey is exactly how things shouldn't be done; they sell powerful equipment. It only works, and can be overlooked, because it is a single player game.
What about that XP boost MTX in AC: Odyssey?

Quantic Dream, who NetEase is investing in, is looking to end Playstation exclusivity & now put their games on all platforms:

https://www.pcgamer.com/quantic-dream-wants-to-makes-games-for-all-platforms/
I used to try so hard to like those games, but I don't remember why. Maybe it's akin to listening to a more than slightly stupid, but earnest, person tell you a story and you don't want to tell them it's shit, which'll hurt their feelings, even though they just keep going on and on and on, getting more ridiculous until you just say something like: "Ok, guy. That's awesome, but I gotta run. Hit me up later." or you fake a phone call, then dip.

They sell Legendary-level items that are exactly the same strength as the Legendary-level items you can find in the game. I have a chest full of Legendary items I've out-leveled or can't use sitting on my ship. None of the store items offer modifiers better than what's in the game, nor do they offer more modifiers than what's in the game. Some of them do look nice, though.

Sorry, but that still seems like exactly the way things should be done. Nothing at all that's needed or that even gives a benefit over what is in the game, only things that might be nice to look at, and even those are achievable in game, just not particularly easily.

What about that XP boost MTX in AC: Odyssey?
I'm majorly overleveled as is, and I've been actively trying to avoid completing side areas and skipping many side quests. I cleared out a fortress last night and gained a level and a half (with some Contracts completing from what I was doing anyway.) I really don't know what the fuck that author is going on about. I suppose if you tried to rush the main story and avoided touching absolutely everything else it might help.

bread's done
Back