Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
D2D still exists!?
Didn't Gamefly buy them years back? Pretty sure the downloads of my digital Doctor Who Adventure Games from way back around the beginning of the decade got transferred to GameFly at some point. Didn't think they were still around as an entity, though. Go figure.

Didn't Gamefly buy them years back? Pretty sure the downloads of my digital Doctor Who Adventure Games from way back around the beginning of the decade got transferred to GameFly at some point. Didn't think they were still around as an entity, though. Go figure.
It used to be under Gamefly but GF sold it last year:

Direct2Drive was one of the best-known Steam competitors before the GameFly acquisition. Taiwanese company AtGames -- best known in the West for its retro console re-releases, with a product line that includes the Sega Genesis, Atari 2600, and ColecoVision -- has acquired the site and will relaunch it tomorrow under the Direct2Drive name. It will carry an array of "new, catalogue, and retro titles," according to the company.

Anyone else randomly think "I should check tremor to see if they added the new Indie Gala bundle so I can get the one game I was inter... oh yeah..."

I dub this the theme song for this thread.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iRTB-FTMdk

That was directed at this fellow apparently.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSflRlHPay4

I know this has completed your weekend, you are welcome.  No need to watch that Superb Bowel thing now.

Last edited by a moderator:
God this store gets shittier and shittier day by day
Who could have imagined that the people promoting themselves has the publisher friendly alternative to Steam, who openly criticized Valve at every turn for being too hard on publishers, would turn out to have a shitty anti-consumer slant?

Who could have imagined that the people promoting themselves has the publisher friendly alternative to Steam, who openly criticized Valve at every turn for being too hard on publishers, would turn out to have a shitty anti-consumer slant?
I will counter and say that until consumers can show they are more than a bunch of petulant babies who will review bomb games for reasons not related to the games at all, the publishers have a valid concern. The Metro BS only proves their point.

I will counter and say that until consumers can show they are more than a bunch of petulant babies who will review bomb games for reasons not related to the games at all, the publishers have a valid concern. The Metro BS only proves their point.
That's fine because those review-bombs counter act the worthless 'LOL I FARTED GR8 GRAPHIX 12/10 A+++' reviews.

Which would be reasonable, but what recourse do customers actually have other than this at this point?
They already started taking preorder money from customers on Steam, yet just a few weeks before release they're going to pull the game, put the game on a platform that's not feature complete and clearly less capable than the platform it's pulled from. (No chat features. No offline mode. No cloud saves. No support. None of the nice fluff like achievements that most modern platforms have.)

The move to being a store exclusive that close to release is a clearly business motivated move that has no benefit for the customer.
It's reasonable to argue that given their powerlessness, complaining online- like in review sections- and not purchasing the game are the only real recourse their customers have.

Sure, it's probably smart for Epic to squelch those things right now because they're doing some pretty dubious stuff right now. One more questionable decision isn't going to scuttle them at this point.

Which would be reasonable, but what recourse do customers actually have other than this at this point?
They already started taking preorder money from customers on Steam, yet just a few weeks before release they're going to pull the game, put the game on a platform that's not feature complete and clearly less capable than the platform it's pulled from. (No chat features. No offline mode. No cloud saves. No support. None of the nice fluff like achievements that most modern platforms have.)

The move to being a store exclusive that close to release is a clearly business motivated move that has no benefit for the customer.
It's reasonable to argue that given their powerlessness, complaining online- like in review sections- and not purchasing the game are the only real recourse their customers have.

Sure, it's probably smart for Epic to squelch those things right now because they're doing some pretty dubious stuff right now. One more questionable decision isn't going to scuttle them at this point.

Metro Devs response to all the negative news about Epic store exclusivity "if at all all the PC players announce a boycott of the Metro, then the next metro, if it does, is definitely not on the PC."

Instead of listening to your community you're saying goodbye lol. I'm really curious to see how well it pans out for them.

Link for those who want to read the whole post: https://www.gameru.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=71769&st=0&p=1648737&#entry1648737

Dev*

I watched the bubbling. Impressions are twofold. On the one hand, the withdrawal from the stim is ambiguous, so no one has done so sharply (as far as I can tell). This is new, which could cause rejection. Yes, and such a move pulls the need to install an epic launcher, which could cause some inconvenience to the players, and therefore cause discontent.

On the other hand, the reaction of a certain category of players (onli torrents and all that) is hardly adequate. It seems that people did not want to play, just waited for a reason to pour out their bile. That is, it turns out that we (the developers) for years have been hard and painful, with losses, trying to do something special, but a certain category of players believes that our work is not worth even a couple of minutes to install the launcher. Naturally, it is their life and their right, but then what do they care about the Metro? Obviously, it is not interesting to them. I can only say that they were not our players either, they are not interested in our work, which means that, for example, the opinion of such people is not interesting for me either. What is the point for me personally (and not only) to listen to their opinion?

But! Consider the situation deeper. Someone says that they say they crap Exodus and the previous games in the series, it will make the world better, they will put greedy developers in their place. To this I can answer that in a pinch, if at all all the PC players announce a boycott of the Metro, then the next metro, if it does, is definitely not on the PC. Better or worse, decide for yourself. I personally feel sorry for the loyal fans, yes. But my assessment of the work done personally by me and my friends and colleagues will not change this. I firmly know that almost everyone who pours this dirt on the net is also incapable of a bit of what we have done and hopefully do more. And that means they have no idea what they are talking about.

And further. Despite the fact that during the development I went through each level of each game, hell knows how many times, it is interesting for me to play Metro. I went through the previous parts completely and more than once, and now I am going to go through the whole PC version, to which we make the final touches. For me, this is already a tradition, I always re-pass the game completely before release. Allows you to evaluate the work done. What is it for me? I remember the words of the Prof, which I have heard more than once, both from myself and on the Internet - the game must be made for myself, so that you like it first. And only schA begin to understand this fully - no clever man can shake me about the value of the work that we have done. And there will always be disgruntled.
They seem to misunderstand that the outrage is not at them personally, but at Deep Silver and Epic Games.

unknown.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually pondering if I should just sell off EDF and Vermintide 2.  Vermintide looks fun but not sure I could get into it enough with the leveling and item drops and whatnot.  Seems like something you'd have to play a lot of versus pick up and play.

Actually pondering if I should just sell off EDF and Vermintide 2. Vermintide looks fun but not sure I could get into it enough with the leveling and item drops and whatnot. Seems like something you'd have to play a lot of versus pick up and play.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

If anything, keep EDF and sell Vermintide 2.

God this store gets shittier and shittier day by day
Epic Game Store is going to have an opt-in option for dev's/pub's, if they want users to review their game(s):

https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=197185

I know, whenever I'm thinking about buying a game I go "wait, let me first check what the user reviews on Epic Games Store say ..." making it opt-in is such a disappointment, it's actually worth mentioning or talking about at all.

Actually pondering if I should just sell off EDF and Vermintide 2. Vermintide looks fun but not sure I could get into it enough with the leveling and item drops and whatnot. Seems like something you'd have to play a lot of versus pick up and play.
I kept EDF, am selling Vermintide. It would've been nice if EDF didn't come with 859 different keys to activate for the dlc

poor humble, people bitch when they get a single easy to activate key for everything, people bitch when they get individual keys for everything and have to spend 20 seconds activating them all

whats a hamble to do

poor humble, people bitch when they get a single easy to activate key for everything, people bitch when they get individual keys for everything and have to spend 20 seconds activating them all

whats a hamble to do
Would've been easier if they made all the DLC's one key as a Season Pass.

I have to say, it's nice they gave out the DLC at all.  That's not the usual move for a bundled game.  So one person is appreciative.

I have to say, it's nice they gave out the DLC at all. That's not the usual move for a bundled game. So one person is appreciative.
Oh, I'm glad they gave out the DLC too.

But, 18 keys? Wow, that really turned into a new Humble Clicker game here!

Still would've been easier, if the DLC's were one whole key for those 18 altogether.

Just a reminder that Anthem demo runs though the end of today...  I did at least give it an honest try but frankly I didn't really enjoy any part of it.  Granted, I didn't finish it, you start at level 10 and can make it to level 15...  I uninstalled it while still at level 10.  Gunplay was meh.  Design felt...  I don't know, I guess meh also.  Some of it was really cool but I think about two minutes into the actual first mission the world seemed like I had given me all it had.  The enemies felt really uninspired in design.  They just felt like different shaped targets.

I had no idea what the fuck was going on story wise, if there was even a story....  That's quite sad it being a Bioware game in all but it really was move to area, kill targets, move to the next area, lather, rinse, and repeat as desired.  When the team wiped and a no respawn area I was more than happy to be done with it...  I didn't even bother digging through the menu to look for the proper exit...  I ALT +  F4, uninstalled, and moved on.

I suspect will see scores around the 70s and sales quickly on the title.

Just a reminder that Anthem demo runs though the end of today... I did at least give it an honest try but frankly I didn't really enjoy any part of it. Granted, I didn't finish it, you start at level 10 and can make it to level 15... I uninstalled it while still at level 10. Gunplay was meh. Design felt... I don't know, I guess meh also. Some of it was really cool but I think about two minutes into the actual first mission the world seemed like I had given me all it had. The enemies felt really uninspired in design. They just felt like different shaped targets.

I had no idea what the fuck was going on story wise, if there was even a story.... That's quite sad it being a Bioware game in all but it really was move to area, kill targets, move to the next area, lather, rinse, and repeat as desired. When the team wiped and a no respawn area I was more than happy to be done with it... I didn't even bother digging through the menu to look for the proper exit... I ALT + F4, uninstalled, and moved on.

I suspect will see scores around the 70s and sales quickly on the title.
my experience boot up origin and click play connection failed then while matchmaking connection failed.

manage to play 10 mins and not my cup of tea. I like destiny more, the art work is meh in anthem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back