Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Good on Steam to have a sale that they try something different with the red envelop with tokens (part of cultural tradition) and also $5 off of $30 purchase funded by Steam and not cutting into the devs/publishers money.  I think they did a good job of try to stimulate sales.  I can hope that Steam continues to have better innovation such as this to show win-win-win (Steam-Devs-consumers) with other sales.

Being a CAG, the biggest drawbacks are for me this sale: few games on my wishlist are on sale and most items I either am waiting for a better price (such as Divinity Original Sin 2 or No Man's Sky) due to having a backlog with plenty to play with currently OR games that I think should be in a Humble bundle within this year.  I generally have stopped buying Ubi games on Steam as you still have the same DRM and still have to have Ubi to play those games and Uplay and/or Humble will have the same sales prices during the year.  

At MysterD or anyone that has played Mass Effect Andromeda;  the movement animations are still "off" per se, why not a mini map, crafting with 3 different currencies, and the quest tracking is atrocious.  The gameplay is ok, story ok to meh; I think that they were trying to start a new franchise within the Mass Effect universe and tried to cram a lot into this game, but so far it feels flat and very unpolished.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched the 2018 Steam Awards and only like 1 and a half of the categories was won by a game that came out in 18. The half is for Skyrim VR which did come out in 18, but was actually just a 7 year old game with a new perspective. It seems so ridiculous that they just put some of the biggest games of the past 5 years in these categories. I feel like the best thing about awards shows is to spotlight things people might have missed, but all the winners are just games that are already overexposed. It also seems like a bad idea on Steam's part to do this since giving awards out to games that haven't already sold millions of a copy might be a way to spark some new sales.

Heh, I just looked at the release dates for the winners and outside of PUBG and the 1.5 games I mentioned before, the other 5 categories were won by 2015 games. Guess they could have called this the 2015 Steam awards. Knowing the kind of backlog Steam users have, I guess it's appropriate to give out most of your awards to 3 year old games.

CDPR won Developer of the Year because they released a good game four years ago and they might release another good game in two years.
None of the awards make any sense, only in part because most are for 2015 games. That's because they were all voted on by "The Steam Community", and the Steam community is ... what's a synonym for "retarded" that isn't taboo?

Heh, I just looked at the release dates for the winners and outside of PUBG and the 1.5 games I mentioned before, the other 5 categories were won by 2015 games. Guess they could have called this the 2015 Steam awards. Knowing the kind of backlog Steam users have, I guess it's appropriate to give out most of your awards to 3 year old games.
Just emphasizes the fact that always triggers PC gamers into flabbergasted, flailing, futile fits of denial, but still remains a fact: PC gamers don't buy new games.

Just emphasizes the fact that always triggers PC gamers into flabbergasted, flailing, futile fits of denial, but still remains a fact: PC gamers don't buy new games.
Don't confuse this echo chamber with gamers in general.

Other gamers buy new games.

Young folks who live minimalist lives will pay full price for digital new releases too.

Unless the 'Top Selling' Steam games tab is completely full of shit, all of the notable new releases are always populating that list as well.

Don't confuse this echo chamber with gamers in general.

Other gamers buy new games.

Young folks who live minimalist lives will pay full price for digital new releases too.

Unless the 'Top Selling' Steam games tab is completely full of shit, all of the notable new releases are always populating that list as well.
"Top selling" is a list of games that are selling the most that week in order. Yes, the newer ones will be the top selling ones on the latest lists. That doesn't mean they sold anything substantial, just that they sold the most.

Let's look at some top-selling titles.

Assassin's Creed: Origins

PS4 sales: 4.06 million, PC sales: 0.10 million

Call of Duty: Black Ops III:

PS4 Sales: 9.3 million, XBO sales: 4.84 million, PC sales: 0.13 million.

Far Cry 5

PS4 Sales: 3.95 million, XBO sales: 1.78 million, PC sales: 0.07 million.

It's not that the playerbase isn't there. Apex Legends reached, apparently, millions of PC players in its first week. Because it's F2P.

Any time a developer points out what a joke it is to try to release new, narrative based content on the PC, that's not based on micro-transactions or F2P, we just jam our fingers in our ears and shout the messenger down.

This is the page you want to look at to see what PC gamers buy new:

https://store.steampowered.com/stats/

If PC gamers are buying any new titles at any substantial numbers, then you will find those titles on that list. So, if you see any new titles on there that are sold at a full retail price, then congratulations, you've found a title PC gamers will actually buy new. Also: the sun has frozen over.

On PS4, Xbox One, Switch, they publish lists of top played games, and it's always brand new titles that are selling at full retail prices. Red Dead Redemption II, God of War, Assassin's Creed: Origins, etc. There are always some mainstays like FIFA, GTA V, etc. But comparing top played games on consoles and top played games on PC makes it very apparent: PC gamers don't buy new games.

They are just different beasts, and the Steam Awards is a very poignant representation of that. To succeed on PC, you need to sell very low levels of a game consistently, at low prices, for a very long period of time. Or have a consistent stream of microtransaction money for a long period of time. You are not going to hype up a big release and then make tons of money on that initial release at full retail price. The initial first-week sales at full retail price will all be on console.

Random discharge.

65VHB-XNK5B-FQLsevenI

H7C8N-QAY82-XRRtwoY

QJXIC-eightMG0X-NRXKB

GGGLN-eightR0B4-ZCBJI

54BK2-B5Z05-CCtwoXM

BZQ0T-F2A3A-ADBnineN

Being a CAG, the biggest drawbacks are for me this sale: few games on my wishlist are on sale and most items I either am waiting for a better price (such as Divinity Original Sin 2 or No Man's Sky) due to having a backlog with plenty to play with currently OR games that I think should be in a Humble bundle within this year. I generally have stopped buying Ubi games on Steam as you still have the same DRM and still have to have Ubi to play those games and Uplay and/or Humble will have the same sales prices during the year.
My wishlist has games that are either too new or games that I missed from prior sales and I'm tracking their discounts. One such title I regret missing from a prior sale is Fable Anniversary, which is less discounted in recent sales than before. I also missed getting the 1 dollar Puzzle Quest from the 2017 Winter Sale. Divinity Original Sin 1 seems to be getting better discounts with time, and maybe it will be time for it to be in a Humble Monthly or the like soon.

Revisiting the FC5 DLC, I've been spending the weekend finishing up because New Dawn comes out next week and I have it pre-ordered.  Here's a more complete breakdown:

Vietnam - This is just generic FC5 gameplay with a Vietnam skin.  It doesn't have much personality.  Vietnam is serious so it can't have the goofy, funny stuff from FC5 but it just is sort of plain and generic.  Took me about 4 hours to finish.  It's connected to the main game a little because it follows the story of one of the side character's past.

Lost On Mars - I'm only about an hour into this one, but it's great so far.  Has two of the characters from the main game.  It's a sci-fi twist on FC5.  Over the top.  New weapons.  New jump/hover ability.  It's your typical antenna climbing FC gameplay, but it's a lot of fun.

Zombies - This is the best FC5 DLC IMO.  You have 7 different missions presented in the form of movie pitches being made by one of the characters in the main game.  They take like 10-15 minutes to get through.  After you play them in story mode you unlock score attack mode where you can replay each mission and if you three star it you unlock cosmetics for the main game.

None of the DLC is crucial or has anything to do with the main story line.  Zombies and Mars are the best ones.  Vietnam is pretty skippable.

Main game has so much content though that you could just get that and wait for the SP to hit like $10 or less.  On top of the main game, you have probably 100s of arcade levels made by devs and other players.  A good chunk are solo or co-op while others are PvP maps.  Between the main game and that you'll have plenty to do. 

This is the page you want to look at to see what PC gamers buy new:

https://store.steampowered.com/stats/

If PC gamers are buying any new titles at any substantial numbers, then you will find those titles on that list. So, if you see any new titles on there that are sold at a full retail price, then congratulations, you've found a title PC gamers will actually buy new. Also: the sun has frozen over.
So according to Football Manager 2019, I should go out and buy a heater?

Off topic, but I just had to free up 28 gig of space on my PS4 in order to download the 200 meg patch for Division 2 beta.
Yeah.

Also, on PS4, it took about 20 minutes or so to apply the patch.

People seem to think that the PS4 copies the game data, applies the patch to the copied data, then erases the original data... or something like that.
My personal belief is that they have no way of downloading on the parts of files that get updated, like steam does, so if any part of a file is changed it downloads the whole thing over again... This can lead to really big patches. The theory makes sense if you look around you see that PS$ almost always has a much larger patch.

Also, I question just how much Sony invests in their networking structure... All those PS+ consumers and I feel that the PS4 networking is just as poor as PS3... but at least (In this argument) that PS3 was free. PS+ I honestly don't see the 60 dollar value... I mean they just dropped PS3 and the PSVita games from the monthly list, and let everyone know they could cancel, but if they do they lose access to those games. Just let people have their PS3/Vita games for real and stop with this "rental" crap.

(Oh, well the things we do/endure to do to game with family...)

Let's look at some top-selling titles.

Assassin's Creed: Origins

PS4 sales: 4.06 million, PC sales: 0.10 million

Call of Duty: Black Ops III:

PS4 Sales: 9.3 million, XBO sales: 4.84 million, PC sales: 0.13 million.

Far Cry 5

PS4 Sales: 3.95 million, XBO sales: 1.78 million, PC sales: 0.07 million.
I mean, I'm not the only person who looked at these numbers and did the biggest double-take, right? Those PC figures are impossibly low. Only 70,000 bought FC5 on PC? If that was true Ubisoft would never bother with another FC game on the platform.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread your post and it looks like you're referring to first week sales. So the numbers aren't as ridiculous as originally thought, although I still imagine they're lower than the actual ones.

I mean, I'm not the only person who looked at these numbers and did the biggest double-take, right? Those PC figures are impossibly low. Only 70,000 bought FC5 on PC? If that was true Ubisoft would never bother with another FC game on the platform.
We never get proper data on PC sales... Its been like that forever.

Thronebreaker isn't a thing.
And they released Gwent as well. But we all know that they got their votes primarily because of their past and future works.

We never get proper data on PC sales... Its been like that forever.
Generally yes, but we know off the bat that its all-time peak on Steam is 92k and early SteamSpy estimates put them at 340k for the first three days on Steam alone. And it was one of 12 Platinum Sellers on Steam in 2018. It's safe to say the game sold quite well.

New Dawn comes out next week and I have it pre-ordered.
giphy.gif

None of the awards make any sense, only in part because most are for 2015 games. That's because they were all voted on by "The Steam Community", and the Steam community is ... what's a synonym for "retarded" that isn't taboo?
Sheep.

The results are mostly a popularity contest: votes are from people who have never played (or even seen) most of the candidates, so they just vote for the games they've heard of.

Of course, many of these people probably wouldn't have voted if Valve didn't offer a badge for doing so....

Special.

The steam community are very special.

Compared to 5.5 million on PS4.

I'm not trying to claim I have access to absolutely accurate numbers, yes we all know numbers on PC are sketchy, but they are a good enough ballpark to make this point: PC game sales, even for games that literally the best selling games on PC, are a complete joke.

You can see an article proclaiming Far Cry 5 a massive success on PC, and the numbers they are claiming "massive success" off of are completely laughable compared to console game sales.

If you need further evidence, again: look at the Steam Game Awards. We wouldn't see a 2018 Steam Game Awards filled with majority 2015 games if PC gamers bought new games.

If you need further evidence: look at how the entire industry is changing to accommodate how the PC market works. Original, narrative titles are being abandoned, more and more developers are abandoning traditional new game sales for F2P, online based services (Fallout 76) and microtransaction based "continued support". Other developers are abandoning PC entirely for mobile (Blizzard, following in the tracks of the likes of PUBG mobile).

Valve, who has the best access to numbers, was the first to do this, and are a great example: there is no Half Life 3 because Valve of all people know best it would be a complete waste of time, especially on PC.

The 2018 Steam Awards are just a very poignant reminder of something totally apparent throughout the market: PC gaming as we used to know it is fully dead. Original, creative, new narrative titles cannot thrive on PC anymore, they have to totally rely on console sales.

PC Gaming is Dead!

In other news...Here's some bundle fodder: AGIND-49Q4C-3V420

D7257-QEYAC-QEFIC

Ehh Ubisoft Games PC Sales account also for Uplay Versions so I wonder if they have revealed it. Like one of their biggest games Rainbow Six SIege I definitely see way more of the sales from the Uplay Version than the Steam Version 

Compared to 5.5 million on PS4.

I'm not trying to claim I have access to absolutely accurate numbers, yes we all know numbers on PC are sketchy, but they are a good enough ballpark to make this point: PC game sales, even for games that literally the best selling games on PC, are a complete joke.

You can see an article proclaiming Far Cry 5 a massive success on PC, and the numbers they are claiming "massive success" off of are completely laughable compared to console game sales.

If you need further evidence, again: look at the Steam Game Awards. We wouldn't see a 2018 Steam Game Awards filled with majority 2015 games if PC gamers bought new games.

If you need further evidence: look at how the entire industry is changing to accommodate how the PC market works. Original, narrative titles are being abandoned, more and more developers are abandoning traditional new game sales for F2P, online based services (Fallout 76) and microtransaction based "continued support". Other developers are abandoning PC entirely for mobile (Blizzard, following in the tracks of the likes of PUBG mobile).

Valve, who has the best access to numbers, was the first to do this, and are a great example: there is no Half Life 3 because Valve of all people know best it would be a complete waste of time, especially on PC.

The 2018 Steam Awards are just a very poignant reminder of something totally apparent throughout the market: PC gaming as we used to know it is fully dead. Original, creative, new narrative titles cannot thrive on PC anymore, they have to totally rely on console sales.
This doesn't sound like a complete joke to me:.

https://in.ign.com/far-cry-5/125450/news/ubisoft-games-on-pc-outsold-xbox-last-quarter

Well we don't have numbers, but we have profits per platform from Financial 2017Q4/2018Q1 (January - March 2018 / April - June 2018) aka Far Cry 5 release period

8Om5x7f.png

7q5IQHI.png

And PC buy way more DLC/Microtransactions (which have bigger profits margins than games)

GtmY1Qz.png

op7LXd6.png

yqWRIVZ.png

TL;DR. PC seems important from Ubisoft so probably not a joke lol.

UbiSoft seems to offer up what gamers want: lots of big open-world sandboxes; tons to do even in the main quests; ridiculous amounts of side quests; upgrading skill/weapons/ability elements (ARPG stuff); great PC versions (technically, they look great - but also can be very scale-able to all kinds of different hardware sets so you should be able to at least get them to 30fps+).

You take all that above stuff...and Ubi does different stuff with it, making them have that above Ubi blueprint, but make each game experience a bit different enough b/c of how it plays gameplay-wise and what genre (or genres) it's mainly tackling. You can have one game be a FPS (Far Cry series); another be a mix of platformer/stealth/action (Assassin's Creed series); a GTA style game w/ hacking elements (Watch Dogs series); and even a game that has a brand-series identity crisis but offers up so many different styles & is so ambitious in scale & scope, so that you still can't go wrong w/ it (GR: Wildlands - part GR game; part Far Cry game; part GTA game; and part third-person shooter) - and it still all turns out at the very least as good; and is definitely worth the time & money.

Can I redeem my Derpvision 2 code now via the AMD system? Didn't bother to check yet since I know launch isn't until March. I suppose that might give me access to the closed beta, too? But I've never been a fan of playing betas.
It's on the Ubi Div2 website somewhere that promotional copies don't count as preorders for beta access.

Played a bit of the beta this weekend and I like it. Some QoL changes to the first game and a few things I'm not in love with but overall it feels like "The Division" which is what I want. Still getting tweaked; right now weapon mods have equal +/- stats like +10% accuracy -10% stability and they're going to be lowering the negative stats so weapon accessories aren't a zero sum game but actually improve the weapon overall.

Consoles are better up front (first week/month), PC better for longevity. It's been like that. It's why companies port to PC after the console release.

New Dawn comes out next week and I have it pre-ordered.
I'd usually laugh too, except...

...except, I pre-ordered it, as well.

The "Post Apocalyptic fps - that does or doesn't have rpg elements, either open world or not, with or without vehicles, preferably single player" is the monkey on my back that I may never get over. I will ALWAYS be attracted to this very specific subgenre and will almost always Day 1 these, even when/if I've been burned. I probably blame Mad Max/Road Warrior.

How about try actually reading the white sheet. They are referring to net bookings (including microtransactions, expansions, etc), not individual new game sales as the article claims by using the term "game sales". Let alone new release sales, as would be relevant to the conversation.

I am aware that companies can make tons of money on PC on expansions, season-pass-based models, microtransactions, F2P, etc. That was literally my whole point. I wasn't claiming that no money can be made on PC, I was pointing out that no money can be made on new, initial sales of games (as is still being made on consoles).

Money can be made on PC, but it's made on old games. Because PC gamers don't buy new games. Which is why the 2018 Steam Awards all went to games from 2015.

Back to that Q2 white sheet, they also included their release schedule, and guess what:

LEGENDARY FISHING TM PLAYSTATION®4, NINTENDO SWITCH™

FAR CRY® 5 DEAD LIVING ZOMBIES PLAYSTATION®4, Xbox One™, PC

FAR CRY® 5 LOST ON MARS PLAYSTATION®4, Xbox One™, PC

FOR HONOR TM - SEASON 7 STORM & FURY PLAYSTATION®4, Xbox One™, PC

TOM CLANCY’S GHOST RECON® WILDLANDS SPECIAL OPERATION 2 PLAYSTATION®4, Xbox One™, PC

HUNGRY SHARK WORLD ® PLAYSTATION®4, Xbox One™, NINTENDO SWITCH ™

IS IT LOVE? TM - MYSTERY SPELL- NICOLAE Google play, App store

SOUTH PARK TM : THE STICK OF TRUTH TM NINTENDO SWITCH TM

SOUTH PARKTM THE FRACTURED BUT WHOLETM BRING THE CRUNCH PLAYSTATION®4,Xbox One™, NINTENDO SWITCH™, PC

TOM CLANCY’S RAINBOW SIX® SIEGE SEASON 3 PLAYSTATION®4, Xbox One™, PC

Not a SINGLE new title on PC. Just season passes, and expansions. The three new titles they did release were all console exclusive, or on mobile.

Which is also, btw, why Q2 sales favored PC. In any quarter where Ubisoft releases more new titles, their console sales dominate. Congratulations digging through Google to try to find ONE example months out of date that appears to support your point only if taken out of context and completely misunderstood.

Well we don't have numbers, but we have profits per platform from Financial 2017Q4/2018Q1 (January - March 2018 / April - June 2018) aka Far Cry 5 release period

And PC buy way more DLC/Microtransactions (which have bigger profits margins than games)

TL;DR. PC seems important from Ubisoft so probably not a joke lol.
Yes. That's my whole point.

People are wondering why the 2018 Steam Awards are full of games released in 2015: it's because PC gamers don't buy new games. They buy expansions, season passes, microtransactions, and play very few new titles.

This is also why we don't see new titles, and why we see our favorite developers abandoning full-fledged new installments on PC, instead releasing F2P, or microtransaction based games, or moving to mobile. There is no market for new, original, creative titles on the PC.

God, I really hate ignorant people who make me learn how to use the ignore list that's way too buried on this website.
Nice The Division avatar there. A game whose monetization strategy is based on season passes and microtransactions :D/. I'm not saying that's bad, by the way, I'm a PC gamer too. Just saying there will be more Steam Awards filled with three year old games.

I enjoy playing old games and seeing them get regular updates and new content (I'm enjoying Apex Legends right now, the fact that it's free to play is great because it means there's a huge playerbase). And the last thing I'll ever do as a CAG is buy a new game at full retail price.

But if you think that new, creative, original titles can succeed in the PC market today ... you're special. The 2018 Steam Awards being filled with 2015 games had to be.

It's pretty remarkable that you take personal offense at this conversation, though, and feel the need to insult me. :lol:

You're wrong. We've posted data showing you're wrong. You're doing the internet "talk out of my ass and when proven wrong double down on the bullshit" spiel. Show me numbers that prove your point. Show me where PC gamers are somehow idiots that only spend money on DLC for new games but they didn't buy the new game that they need to play said DLC. Because right now that's what your dumbass argument is. That In Q2 dumb PC gamers bought a shitload of DLC for FC5 but didn't buy FC5 in the same year. And that's data from last year. Out of date? If that's out of date, then post your exclusive brand spanking new data that shows otherwise or STFU.

There's entire genres of video games that only exist on the fucking PC. The two biggest video games of the last few years, Fortnite and PUBG, were PC first and then ported to console. But yet somehow PC is a joke and afterthought for any major video game company.

The Steam awards didn't suck. The only suspect winner is CD Projekt Red and Witcher. I didn't play Gwent or Thronebreaker so I don't know, maybe those are awesome games or maybe PC gamers are just fanboys. Steam just fucked up the noms in the environment category.

Every other award winner won because they are current, popular games that even though they were released in years before, are still in active development giving players fresh content that they enjoy. That's the thing that's changed. Instead of churning out Rainbow Siege 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Ubi decided to implement a season schedule and continue actively developing a game. Same with GTA V, they continue to release new game modes for the online portion. Rocket League is the same.

You're wrong. We've posted data showing you're wrong. You're doing the internet "talk out of my ass and when proven wrong double down on the bullshit" spiel. Show me numbers that prove your point. Show me where PC gamers are somehow idiots that only spend money on DLC for new games but they didn't buy the new game that they need to play said DLC. Because right now that's what your dumbass argument is. That In Q2 dumb PC gamers bought a shitload of DLC for FC5 but didn't buy FC5 in the same year. And that's data from last year. Out of date? If that's out of date, then post your exclusive brand spanking new data that shows otherwise or STFU.

There's entire genres of video games that only exist on the fucking PC. The two biggest video games of the last few years, Fortnite and PUBG, were PC first and then ported to console. But yet somehow PC is a joke and afterthought for any major video game company.

The Steam awards didn't suck. The only suspect winner is CD Projekt Red and Witcher. I didn't play Gwent or Thronebreaker so I don't know, maybe those are awesome games or maybe PC gamers are just fanboys. Steam just fucked up the noms in the environment category.

Every other award winner won because they are current, popular games that even though they were released in years before, are still in active development giving players fresh content that they enjoy. That's the thing that's changed. Instead of churning out Rainbow Siege 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Ubi decided to implement a season schedule and continue actively developing a game. Same with GTA V, they continue to release new game modes for the online portion. Rocket League is the same.
:lol: wow! Watch your blood pressure there, bud.

PC gaming isn't an afterthought. My entire point is precisely the opposite: it is driving the industry. Driving it toward F2P, microtransactions, season passes etc, and away from new, creative, original titles. But apparently Fortnite and PUBG prove me wrong here :lol: (not insulting you bud, I'm hooked on Apex Legends PC at the moment). We will see more and more Steam Awards filled with three-year-old games going forward, and I never said that was a bad thing or that the Steam Awards "sucked", you're free to make your own moral judgements.

Of course, the other point I made was that PC gamers will become unbelievably enraged if you calmly, without any insult or offense, without saying anything is "bad" or "good" or "sucks", point out basic facts of the industry and the market to them. That doesn't need any white sheets to evidence: it's being proved right here in this thread :lol:.

Nice The Division avatar there. A game whose monetization strategy is based on season passes and microtransactions. :D/

By the way, at no point have I made any moral judgement that season passes and microtransactions are bad. I enjoy playing old games and seeing them get regular updates and new content (I'm enjoying Apex Legends right now, the fact that it's free to play is great because it means there's a huge playerbase). And the last thing I'll ever do as a CAG is buy a new game at full retail price.

But if you think that new, creative, original titles can succeed in the PC market today ... you're special. The 2018 Steam Awards being filled with 2015 games had to be.

It's pretty remarkable that you take personal offense at this conversation, though, and feel the need to insult me. :lol:
Once again, we ain't all the same. Some people like me bought The Division for $48 on release week, got a $10 gift certificate as a reward, played the living heck out of it for 2-4 months straight, completely got our fill, and then were done with it never to return, and had a truly fantastic gaming experience.

We supported the publisher for making a great game too.

I can't help you with your problem that PC gamers are cheap as hell, stupidly spend their money on overpriced DLC only after they become addicted, support disgusting MTXs, and buy fucking mystery bundles instead of getting the occasional good game when it is brand new. I don't understand it either.

Once again, we ain't all the same. Some people like me bought The Division for $48 on release week, got a $10 gift certificate as a reward, played the living fuck out of it for 2-4 months straight, completely got our fill, and then were done with it never to return, and had a truly fantastic gaming experience.

We supported the publisher for making a great game too.

I can't help you with your problem that PC gamers are cheap as hell, stupidly spend their money on overpriced DLC only after they become addicted, support disgusting MTXs, and buy fucking mystery bundles instead of getting the occasional good game when it is brand new. I don't understand it either.
Not making any personal comments about anyone. I'm talking about industry trends.

I'm not calling anyone cheap except myself, and all the moral judgements in your last paragraph are your own and not shared by me.

:lol: wow! Watch your blood pressure there, bud.

PC gaming isn't an afterthought. My entire point is precisely the opposite: it is driving the industry. Driving it toward F2P, microtransactions, season passes etc, and away from new, creative, original titles. But apparently Fortnite and PUBG prove me wrong here :lol: (not insulting you bud, I'm hooked on Apex Legends PC at the moment). We will see more and more Steam Awards filled with three-year-old games going forward, and I never said that was a bad thing or that the Steam Awards "sucked", you're free to make your own moral judgements.

Of course, the other point I made was that PC gamers will become unbelievably enraged if you calmly, without any insult or offense, without saying anything is "bad" or "good" or "sucks", point out basic facts of the industry and the market to them. That doesn't need any white sheets to evidence: it's being proved right here in this thread :lol:.
You're just a constant source of bullshit. PC game sales suck, so the industry is copying PC gaming because PC game sales suck!

Call of Duty dropped single player in BOIIII. And guess what system COD has always done worse on? PC. So, COD dropped single player to do better on the shitty system that wasn't going to buy it in the first place? Or they dropped the single player because PC players are so averse to single player games they will then pay for the opportunity to have a game with no single player?

Where exactly have you been the last 10-15 years or so? Did you somehow miss when the PS3 and Xbox 360 made online play a lot easier and both those systems started moving away from the single player games that made systems like the PS2 so great (because there really was no convenient/easy way to play MP on them)? Did you miss the entire PS3 and 360 era where every dev was forced to tack on a half assed MP mode? So, you're saying all this time, consoles have just been trying to copy shitty PC devs who have been abandoning SP games in favor of MP and it has nothing to do with Sony and MS implementing network capabilities in their consoles?

And the freemium/F2P stuff? Have you ever heard of a phone? Or Facebook? Did you forget that PC games were often charging ridiculous monthly fees to fund MMOs until the mobile gaming era forced them to adapt to different models to compete with all the "free" games easily available on people's phones?

Here's the thing, I'm not offended by your (incorrect) notion that devs are abandoning SP games (they're not) . I'm offended by the fact you're completely wrong about the reasons you think the world is conspiring against you to deprive you of some SP experience. And really, what are you being deprived of? Other than console exclusives, what SP games are you being deprived of on PC? Why are the Hellblade devs such idiots that they put out an SP game on PC knowing it had no chance?

Nothing you say makes any logical sense - even by your own logic. Everyone in the world is an idiot except you.

Not making any personal comments about anyone. I'm talking about industry trends.

I'm not calling anyone cheap except myself.
I hear you, and I agree, the PC gaming industry trends are really weird.

The last few years are the only time that I've let my gaming rig lapse because there simply wasn't any incentive to buy brand new parts. People can say what they want, there have been very few seminal PC games during the last few years. The definitive gaming experiences are few and far between. Which is why games from yesteryear are still getting most of the attention.

If you get something from my account ignore it. I fucking clicked the link from Vooyah and got my account hijacked like a moron.

bread's done
Back