Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Whoever owns this profile (Vooyah):

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037654756/

You fucking dumbass, you got hacked. Fix your fucking login and stop spamming us, dipshit.

I realize I got hacked. Clicked on a link sent via Steam chat by Breadman and promptly lost control of my account. Still trying to get it back. Waiting to hear back from Steam. Not sure how clicking on a link from someone on my friends list makes me a fucking dumbass though. Trust me when I say that it wasn't my choice to lose control of my close to 6k games account. Aologies though, to whomever is getting spammed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used an authenticator. Within minutes of clicking Breadman's link, i got emails saying authenticator and phone # were removed from my account.

I used an authenticator. Within minutes of clicking Breadman's link, i got emails saying authenticator and phone # were removed from my account.
How would the authentiator get removed unless somebody had access to your recovery codes or mobile phone? Genuinely curious as I was under the impression that was foolproof unless you had access to the aforementioned.

Same. Had authenticator. Still owned. I assume it is because of the speed they do it. Those codes are good for like 30 seconds or so.

Whelp time for a new steam account. Start fresh. 0 games. It’ll be fun. Do it
Har Har. I am confident I'll get my account back in tact. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Also really surprised they found a way around the authenticator. I thought I was safe. Lesson learned though.

Har Har. I am confident I'll get my account back in tact. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Also really surprised they found a way around the authenticator. I thought I was safe. Lesson learned though.
Did you "log" into the site with your existing code or did it straight up remove authenticator?

Most i could find was the RAT vulnerability for generic 2FA workarounds.

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/269121-this-tool-can-hack-your-accounts-even-with-two-factor-authentication (not a phishing link)

For all the scammers who think they can take over my Steam account by sending fake links while impersonating one of my friends, joke's on you, I don't have any friends.

Did you "log" into the site with your existing code or did it straight up remove authenticator?

Most i could find was the RAT vulnerability for generic 2FA workarounds.

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/269121-this-tool-can-hack-your-accounts-even-with-two-factor-authentication (not a phishing link)
It was the process of trying to link the Steam account to the linked site that did me in.(again thinking it was legit as it was sent by a friend via steam chat.) When trying to link steam and the site, it of course asked for my authenticator code, and voila. Gone. I'm mentioning this with full transparency in hopes that no one else here falls for this garbage.

I realize I got hacked. Clicked on a link sent via Steam chat by Breadman and promptly lost control of my account. Still trying to get it back. Waiting to hear back from Steam. Not sure how clicking on a link from someone on my friends list makes me a fucking dumbass though. Trust me when I say that it wasn't my choice to lose control of my close to 6k games account. Aologies though, to whomever is getting spammed.
If that link and message didn't set off your spidey senses you may need to get them checked to see if they're still working. I'm getting spammed links from you, Breadman, and one other. So far.

It was the process of trying to link the Steam account to the linked site that did me in.(again thinking it was legit as it was sent by a friend via steam chat.) When trying to link steam and the site, it of course asked for my authenticator code, and voila. Gone. I'm mentioning this with full transparency in hopes that no one else here falls for this garbage.
Thanks for the update - that makes more sense and alleviates some of my fears that a common exploit could workaround the authenticator by simply clicking on a link. I hope support is swift in getting your account back - looks like you have a lot of games so I know how you must be feeling right now. Best of luck!

No site except Steam will ever ask for an authenticator code.

I remember years and years ago when msn messenger was still a thing I had a 'friend' send me a link that I clicked and got a virus on my computer. That was the first time I ever reformatted a pc I think. 15 something years later and dbags are still up to the same tricks.

Right. So authenticator DOES protect you, you just submitted an authenticator code to a malicious site.

You're just a constant source of bullshit. PC game sales suck, so the industry is copying PC gaming because PC game sales suck!

Call of Duty dropped single player in BOIIII. And guess what system COD has always done worse on? PC. So, COD dropped single player to do better on the shitty system that wasn't going to buy it in the first place? Or they dropped the single player because PC players are so averse to single player games they will then pay for the opportunity to have a game with no single player?

Where exactly have you been the last 10-15 years or so? Did you somehow miss when the PS3 and Xbox 360 made online play a lot easier and both those systems started moving away from the single player games that made systems like the PS2 so great (because there really was no convenient/easy way to play MP on them)? Did you miss the entire PS3 and 360 era where every dev was forced to tack on a half assed MP mode? So, you're saying all this time, consoles have just been trying to copy shitty PC devs who have been abandoning SP games in favor of MP and it has nothing to do with Sony and MS implementing network capabilities in their consoles?

And the freemium/F2P stuff? Have you ever heard of a phone? Or Facebook? Did you forget that PC games were often charging ridiculous monthly fees to fund MMOs until the mobile gaming era forced them to adapt to different models to compete with all the "free" games easily available on people's phones?

Here's the thing, I'm not offended by your (incorrect) notion that devs are abandoning SP games (they're not) . I'm offended by the fact you're completely wrong about the reasons you think the world is conspiring against you to deprive you of some SP experience. And really, what are you being deprived of? Other than console exclusives, what SP games are you being deprived of on PC? Why are the Hellblade devs such idiots that they put out an SP game on PC knowing it had no chance?

Nothing you say makes any logical sense - even by your own logic. Everyone in the world is an idiot except you.
God I love internet forum slap-fights...

4WIg.gif

I guess the promise of a free game makes a fool out of people. I'd only submit a steam auth code if I 100% know the site is legit.

Apparently so. It looked exactly like steam authenticator pop up, fwiw.
That's because it WAS a real steam authenticator pop up (or it may as well have been, the API is available to any third party site, including malicious ones). It does what it says on the box.

We shouldn't be so hard on the @hackedbros. I do that "Sign In Through Steam" junk so much now I don't even think about it anymore, though I should. This was a pretty clever ruse, after so many random mystery game sales, a free one doesn't sound far fetched. If it wasn't for the fact I stopped caring about the +1 and I do all my game related communicating through Discord I might have been duped myself.

We shouldn't be so hard on the @hackedbros. I do that "Sign In Through Steam" junk so much now I don't even think about it anymore, though I should. This was a pretty clever ruse, after so many random mystery game sales, a free one doesn't sound far fetched. If it wasn't for the fact I stopped caring about the +1 and I do all my game related communicating through Discord I might have been duped myself.
Someone dropping an obvious referral link through Steam chat was a bit farfetched. Most of the people on my Steam friends list aren't crappy like that.

I can agree with this... Truth be told I'm a bit surprised that logging into a website can bypass 2 part authentication. Lucky for me when I see "free games" I just assume its going to be such trash that I can be my extremely lazy self and just ignore it.

I did not pass up the Steam sale... Truth be told I had a a number of choices in how I got my 30 spent. Witcher 3 GoTY with its new sale price was a given, but I debated a few other things (including For Honor DLC, Assassin Creed season pass for Syndicate, or the bundle of cheap Assassin Creed games that I knew I had one of but the bundle of three was cheaper, or nearly cheaper, than just getting the two I needed, also debated some DLC for a hunting game that fascinates me but I never break out in play...) Finally, I settled on the latest all of Steep bundle. (I've enjoyed it so far but will likely back burner it as a play Spider-Man.

All in all, I like how this sale was handled and hope we see more voucher sales in the future... Or even Steam competing with websites on preorder prices.

The Division 2 Beta; I liked the majority of what I saw. The Outcast group is unnerving. I know we didn't see the whole area but these guys just seem to spawn and attack you at random. Me and one buddy were in the DZ late last night and had it all to ourselves and we had just cleared a landmark and where looking at our loot. (If you didn't play the beta most loot in the DZ isn't contaminated and doesn't need to be extracted.) Anyhow, all of a sudden a few guys are buy my friend and say, "Hi Agent!" and my friend goes down! (I honestly thought it was other players for like ten seconds or so before I realized it was just NPC.) Just so crazy...

The End Game mission they gave us a chance to play I thought it was pretty good. I tried it by myself and got beat down pretty quickly but a second attempt with weapons I liked better and a teammate made it better. I sort of worry about solo play with the less ways to heal myself but I saw an gear manufacture set that restored armor on kill so it might be the ticket. I think the "Health on kill" days are a thing of the past. Its all about keeping armor up.

Anyhow, really excited for the release of the game. I still feel the game solves more issues from Div 1 than it create.

I bought 2x copies of Portal Knights from the Steam sale.  My child is at that age now and on one hand it is nice that I can co-op, on the other, now I have to play these types of games.

I sort of worry about solo play with the less ways to heal myself but I saw an gear manufacture set that restored armor on kill so it might be the ticket. I think the "Health on kill" days are a thing of the past. Its all about keeping armor up.

Anyhow, really excited for the release of the game. I still feel the game solves more issues from Div 1 than it create.
Yeah, I didn't have a ton of trouble soloing until level 7 but I didn't have a chance to check out the end game content. Not a huge fan of the "healing" but I'm getting by. I'll be the first to admit that the 4,700sq ft Glorious Green Circle of Healing And Status Immunity was cheese but there's got to be a point between that and Derpy Single Target Armor Drone. I suppose this might give Support style players more to do, with "more" being "Micromanage your drone" versus "Shoot your ineffective gun with 2,900 Firearms skill" or "Fire flashbangs every three seconds". I'll refrain from forming a real opinion until I'm there, though since I don't actually know what endgame healing/support looks like.

Yeah, I didn't have a ton of trouble soloing until level 7 but I didn't have a chance to check out the end game content. Not a huge fan of the "healing" but I'm getting by. I'll be the first to admit that the 4,700sq ft Glorious Green Circle of Healing And Status Immunity was cheese but there's got to be a point between that and Derpy Single Target Armor Drone. I suppose this might give Support style players more to do, with "more" being "Micromanage your drone" versus "Shoot your ineffective gun with 2,900 Firearms skill" or "Fire flashbangs every three seconds". I'll refrain from forming a real opinion until I'm there, though since I don't actually know what endgame healing/support looks like.
We really don't know... Even at end game so many skills were locked out and the agents really weren't built well... and gearing them up would have been rough considering the limited space they let you roam.

In general getting surprised in Div 2 is far more dangerous and I think most people will get downed more cause of it... but I'm not sure that's really a bad think.

bread's done
Back