Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
In case anyone wants to give these a try (don't judge :) ) :

Dreamscapes: The Sandman - Premium Edition - 7E9WH-VELAV-XBF9V

Dreamscapes: Nightmare's Heir - Premium Edition - H8MMJ-R2X2H-89J3L

Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light Collector's Edition - J9FTZ-WLJC2-46RR3

Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune Collector's Edition - GGGNC-JXQI4-8275Z

Kingdom of Aurelia: Mystery of the Poisoned Dagger - T9VE4-5VFYR-9MWXJ

Taken Souls: Blood Ritual Collector's Edition - NBNV0-A9XKX-ZXXX4

Silver Tale - K5YQF-ZJJHN-E6NCH

A Plot Story - TG7Q2-6LTZC-IT84N

Hexus - EQ6EH-E458Q-E34H8

Jane Angel: Templar Mystery - 2N8TR-XELCF-G3TRY

Hollow Knight: Silksong revealed:

Sequel to HK, not just DLC. Free for anyone who backed the original on Kickstarter. No release date yet but that's a Day 1 purchase if there ever was one.
was pumped to see this, hollow knight was the best game i played last year, and i'm not typically super high on metroidvanias. just a fantastic game. wonder what the price will be since 15 dollars for hollow knight was a complete steal...15 bucks for a top tier game that had like 60 hours of content if you completed the vast majority of stuff in it

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping Jump Force would be good. At least I did not preorder it.
I had never even heard of it... I've subscribed to the PSN Deal thread which seems to be a catch all for PS4 talk (no pizza talk so it's no must read or anything) and haven't seen anyone mention it either. Seems right out of the blue.

Crackdown I've always thought was a series that would review poorly... but looking back it seems like the first did review well. Anyhow, I'm sure I'll take a look at it when it's on sale as I enjoyed the other two even if others didn't enjoy CD2. I suspect CD1 will still be my favorite.

It had some hype when it was announced since it has such a crazy roster and a lot of those characters have few or no decent games.  Most of the discussion about it here might have been in the niche Japanese games thread, I honestly do not remember.  I'm subbed to quite a few threads that I rarely if ever post in, I just remember some excitement when it was announced.  

I wish they had handed it over to Arc System Works.  I'll still buy it when it is sufficiently discounted unless the reviews from fighting game fans end up being really awful. 

Shounen Jump releases a crossover fighting game with its various IPs every few years. In general, they're only ever good for fanservice (though the Nintendo DS game that was never even released outside of Japan several years ago generated a bit of praise). This one had a higher hurdle than most for generating excitement, too, due to its somewhat odd visual choice with that gritty quasi-realism, so that's probably why you haven't heard much about it—it already alienated a sizeable chunk of its potential audience from the get-go based on visuals alone.

Stopped in to see if any good deals and just have two things to say

SWTOR still sucks!!!!
Prequels are the best of the bunch, Attack of the clones is the best star wars movie ever!!!!

I mean, the first part I agree with. It took me forever that first day to get on and score the name "Bob" for my Jedi. It was a bad game. :(

The second part though....

z8nNNWs.gif

Valkyrie Chronicles 4 is $4.20 on D2D.  I got a huge string of unusable characters as my key, since it is a glitch I will not hold my breath on getting a replacement key rather than a refund but who knows.  Friend who pointed it out to me got a valid key so YMMV.  *shrugs*

Valkyrie Chronicles 4 is $4.20 on D2D. I got a huge string of unusable characters as my key, since it is a glitch I will not hold my breath on getting a replacement key rather than a refund but who knows. Friend who pointed it out to me got a valid key so YMMV. *shrugs*
Thanks for sharing. Also got an invalid code though.

At least d2d got me to log in for the first time since 2014?

Valkyrie Chronicles 4 is $4.20 on D2D. I got a huge string of unusable characters as my key, since it is a glitch I will not hold my breath on getting a replacement key rather than a refund but who knows. Friend who pointed it out to me got a valid key so YMMV. *shrugs*
When did your friend order?

I wonder if they are out of keys now and the system doesn't know what it is doing so we are getting random garbage.  D2D  has always had some issues.  

Edit:  Like ten minutes before me, I ordered right at 8:00 central

Didn't someone order Wreckfest a while back from D2D and get a dupe key? Did they get a replacement? I think that was a glitch too, can't remember what happened to that person

Just found this as well and purchased. I'm not even seeing an unusable key. Fingers are crossed though.

Edit - just found the unusable code. Needless to say, it does not redeem.

Didn't someone order Wreckfest a while back from D2D and get a dupe key? Did they get a replacement? I think that was a glitch too, can't remember what happened to that person
Heh, I had forgotten that. It was actually me. They sent me a replacement key that time.

I emailed immediately this time, I think I did last time as well.  But I think most people got good keys last time as well.  

Two questions, one of which is way OT (not that anyone is likely to notice here):

• Did anyone watch the launch trailer for Dead or Alive 6? For some weird reason, and I don't know why I'm surprised after the drunken screenwriters' party that was the story of 5, but it has dinosaurs in it. Looking forward to more zaniness on 3/1.
  • So I thought this was a thing I wasn't supposed to be able to do, hence my confusion earlier this week when I tried to launch a couple of games on my XBONE (disc games) when I had the disc for Fallout 4 sitting in the optical drive, and they actually loaded. (If it matters, it was the Telltale Guardians of the Galaxy game and Forza Motorsport 5.) Is this something I never knew about Xbones before and everyone else did or is something anomalous going on here? 

Two questions, one of which is way OT (not that anyone is likely to notice here):

• Did anyone watch the launch trailer for Dead or Alive 6? For some weird reason, and I don't know why I'm surprised after the drunken screenwriters' party that was the story of 5, but it has dinosaurs in it. Looking forward to more zaniness on 3/1.
  • So I thought this was a thing I wasn't supposed to be able to do, hence my confusion earlier this week when I tried to launch a couple of games on my XBONE (disc games) when I had the disc for Fallout 4 sitting in the optical drive, and they actually loaded. (If it matters, it was the Telltale Guardians of the Galaxy game and Forza Motorsport 5.) Is this something I never knew about Xbones before and everyone else did or is something anomalous going on here?
https://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/4352314/xbox-one-hard-drive-game-installs

I am uncultured swine but all I see is "dick 2 dick".

I think MysterD bought FC5 from Razer.  This week FC5 SP is one of the exclusives if you want to roll your voucher into that. 

They also have AssCreed origins, Watch Dogs 2 Gold, and SP Fractured but Whole Gold.

As this article is 6 years old, I am forced to conclude that, in fact, everyone knew this already except for me. Well, thanks for clarifying the point, Fox.
One of us is missing the joke and I'm willing to let it be me, so here goes. You realize that Foxy's link was pre XBox One release right? That MS backtracked from all that.

Maybe they forget to 'flip a switch' and jacked it up. But I think we would have heard about that long ago. You *should* need the proper disc in the drive of the disc-based-installed game you are trying to play. Your situation seems like an anomaly.

$59.99 now. Looks like I missed out on the invalid key* bandwagon.

*with a slim chance to get a valid one later.

I think MysterD bought FC5 from Razer. This week FC5 SP is one of the exclusives if you want to roll your voucher into that.

They also have AssCreed origins, Watch Dogs 2 Gold, and SP Fractured but Whole Gold.
Yes, I bought FC5 last week from Razer for $13.50 (with a 10% off coupon).

After my $10 code arrived (from buying FC5) on Sunday morning, I bought AC: Origins Gold ($33-10 = $23).

Didn't waste any time on that.

AC: Origins Gold isn't running that hot on my GTX 970. Gonna have to test on my 1060 6GB laptop.

Gonna have to check out Razer and see what they're up to this week w/ the SP.

Thanks for pointing this out.

EDIT:

I think I can wait for FC5 Pass.

And I already have WD2 Gold.

$59.99 now. Looks like I missed out on the invalid key* bandwagon.

*with a slim chance to get a valid one later.
Feeling slimmer and slimmer. I emailed earlier but not a peep from D2D. I think I just threw away 4 buck and change. That's enough to buy a shitty Groupees bundle.

One of us is missing the joke and I'm willing to let it be me, so here goes. You realize that Foxy's link was pre XBox One release right? That MS backtracked from all that.

Maybe they forget to 'flip a switch' and jacked it up. But I think we would have heard about that long ago. You *should* need the proper disc in the drive of the disc-based-installed game you are trying to play. Your situation seems like an anomaly.
Hm. Okay, well, I was being sincere in my ignorance. I've seen other pre-XBONE articles suggesting just the opposite of this one, so I didn't really know what to make of it. I still don't actually.

Feeling slimmer and slimmer. I emailed earlier but not a peep from D2D. I think I just threw away 4 buck and change. That's enough to buy a shitty Groupees bundle.
The last time I used their support I think it was a couple of days before they got back to me. And who knows if anybody even works on the weekend. I expect mass refunds, looking around a bit I think too many people got in on this. Would have been a nice deal but I think we were a bit too late. Still do not understand why it started giving garbage keys though. I think D2D must just be fairly broken in general.

The last time I used their support I think it was a couple of days before they got back to me. And who knows if anybody even works on the weekend. I expect mass refunds, looking around a bit I think too many people got in on this. Would have been a nice deal but I think we were a bit too late. Still do not understand why it started giving garbage keys though. I think D2D must just be fairly broken in general.
They already stated they're going to refund everyone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/comments/aqw4dd/direct2drive_valkyria_chronicles_4_invalid_key/egkacxv/

I think extremely few people buy from D2D to begin with, so I don't think they could handle the loss. Would probably be similar to what happened when GamesRepublic shut down

Hm. Okay, well, I was being sincere in my ignorance. I've seen other pre-XBONE articles suggesting just the opposite of this one, so I didn't really know what to make of it. I still don't actually.
Maybe you picked those games up digitally or with GWG. Xbox doesn't make you redownload when you switch to physical from digital.

They already stated they're going to refund everyone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/comments/aqw4dd/direct2drive_valkyria_chronicles_4_invalid_key/egkacxv/

I think extremely few people buy from D2D to begin with, so I don't think they could handle the loss. Would probably be similar to what happened when GamesRepublic shut down
That doesn't sound like anybody got working keys to me. I do believe I got trolled. I don't mind not having a glitch like this "honored" they are always crapshoots but if my buddy was screwing with me when he said he got a working key I am going to be irritated.

LOL

https://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-explains-why-the-division-2-is-an-epic-games-store-exclusive/

Being on the Epic Store "really helped to actually do more of our business on our own store, and to have a better revenue per unit sold via the Epic deal," he said. "So altogether it's really helped us to go smoothly from Steam."
There's the 88/12 split, which puts Steam's 70/30 split to shame.

If for some reason people are actually buying the Epic Store version, that's a killer split (compared to Steam).

But, I think a good deal of people buy the Ubisoft Uplay-only version anyways, since it's normally cheaper more often (compared to Steam version; Ubi often has Steam version cost a bit more) and since that version's the one that's everywhere...at retail, digital distribution places, etc etc.

People are not happy w/ Epic's exclusive-crap antics of late (i.e. see Metro: Exodus fiasco), so it's possible people just bought the game over from Ubi - and that nets them the best splits and sale.

To get a Steam-version for an Ubi-game, you have to literally buy it through Steam directly; only way these days, since we don't have AmazonTony around to sway companies to suit our Steam wants and CAG wants. Other thing is: you're gonna use Ubi DRM anyways, so you don't really need Steam - you'll be using 2 clients (Steam and UPlay).

There's also the case that Ubi's so damn big anyways, they can get away w/ a stunt like this. Ubisoft is not Koch Media, not Deep Silver, and not 4A Studios - so, there's a good chance people might skip the Epic Store and just flat-out buy an UbiSoft version.

Metro series were mostly a Steam-success - as they were likely purchased, played, and bought titles over there. When Metro games came out and you wanted a Metro game - they were mostly on Steam-versions and keys you were getting...whether from Amazon DVG, Gamersgate, Razer Game Store, and/or anywhere else. Plus, that Metro series is quite a bit more niche than something like The Division.

On a side note, there doesn't seem to be much or any review-bombing of the Metro games on GOG...probably b/c their fanbase is mostly on Steam. Plus, to get a GOG version of an older Metro game (like Metro 2033 Redux or Metro LL Redux) - you'd have to buy it via GOG directly.

Razer Game Store is closing at the end of the month so use up those vouchers. I also noticed that I had $5 vouchers for the newsletter that supposedly expired on the 9th but still work. If you have any, might be worth trying them. Watch Dogs 2 Season Pass is $10 so might be worth picking up for $5 if you have a coupon and bought it over the recent sales.

Since I know you all like food discussion... I bring tidings of "Marc's Mac & Cheese":

marc-s-mac-and-cheese.jpg

This is mac covered in white cheese sauce with bacon, shrimp, and chorizo for $10.99.  It's one of the best things ever when you're hungry for tasty man-food and it's cheesier than it looks.  It comes from Tersea's Mexcian Restaurant which is a franchise here with several locations.  I'm not sure if you guys have them in other parts of the states. 

Since I know you all like food discussion... I bring tidings of "Mark's Mac & Cheese":

marc-s-mac-and-cheese.jpg

This is mac covered in white cheese sauce with bacon, shrimp, and chorizo for $10.99. It's one of the best things ever when your hungry for tasty man food and it tastes cheesier than it appears. It comes from Tersea's Mexcian Restaurant which is a franchise here with several locations. I'm not sure if you guys have them in other parts of the states.
That looks pretty tasty! How was it?

That looks pretty tasty! How was it?
10/10

it's a eureka moment when you're sitting in your car trying to decide where to stop and then realize what you're craving. non fatguys can even make it into 1 1/2 meals. (so not me)

bread's done
Back