Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
sorry, minor rant segue.  I really wasn't commenting on your discussion there, or trying to trivialize anyone's point.

Last edited by a moderator:
The human eye can only see in 30 FPS so I don't get why some of you guys jump through so many hoops for a few more FPS.
Hogwash.

Try 30fps....

And then try 60fps.

Then 90fps, 120fps and/or 240fps in a fast-paced action game w/ G-Sync (or FreeSync).

It's a completely different experience.

Much smoother if you're at say 120fps then get slapped to say 90fps, especially if there's big framerate drops; it's un-noticable.

If you take say a 60fps to 30fps hit, you'll notice it. Often, you get stutters, slow-downs, rise and/or have to adjust your play to accommodate the hit. At high framerates, no accommodation necessary; just play as skilled and as fast as you can. Smooth as butter.

Framerate hits are really noticable if you're at 30fps and get hit to 15fps or even lower digits, which can really stutter, slow-down, or feel like you're in a slide-show if you hit low digits.

EDIT:

Cause you notice 70-90 lol (especially in this type of game). Good try tho.
Does DMC5 take lots of nasty hits? B/c going from 90fps to say 60fps (i.e. losing 30 frames), you won't notice it.

Now, if you went and took a hit from 60fps to console-30fps - yeah, that would be very noticeable.

giphy.gif

Kingdom Come Deliverance: thoughts/opinions from those who've been done played it?
Put about 10-15 hours into it an it felt like 50. The game has very little concern if you are having fun or not (I didn't, not really). I can see people liking it but I definitely didn't it. Really it was like a sequel to Morrowind w/o magic, obtuse like that. It ran decently and I did run across a few moderate bugs but nothing game breaking.

Put about 10-15 hours into it an it felt like 50. The game has very little concern if you are having fun or not (I didn't, not really). I can see people liking it but I definitely didn't it. Really it was like a sequel to Morrowind w/o magic, obtuse like that. It ran decently and I did run across a few moderate bugs but nothing game breaking.
How's the actual story, plot, dialogue, and character development here?

GamesPlanet will not be selling Division 2 (Uplay version) and its Season Pass/DLC's after March 15th b/c it'll then be exclusive to Uplay & Epic:

https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=198198

More here from GP:

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/tom-clancy-s-the-division-2-uplay--3777-1

Hey Community!

Sadly we have to announce you that Ubisoft will not allow digital third party stores, such as Gamesplanet, to sell Division 2 after its release on March 15th 2019. After this date, the game will digitally only be available through Ubisoft's Store and another exclusive digital store. This will also be true for all upcoming game content such as Season Pass, Extensions, etc.

Take the opportunity to buy at Gamesplanet until March 15th 2019 and make use of the paysafecard promotion as this will be available until the game will be pulled from our stores.

We won't be able to solve some support requests (e.g. key activated on the wrong Ubisoft account) after March 15th, as we won't have any more keys to exchange/swap. Please address your support requests to Ubisoft directly for such cases.

Worry not, all purchases that have been completed on Gamesplanet will be honoured. This is also true for gifts, no matter if these have been picked up or not.

Obviously, we are not happy about this decision.

The Gamesplanet Team

Anyone who spouts that "human eye can only see 30 fps" shit has normal eyes and believes science.
FTFY. Jeez, the billions of people who have enjoyed 24 FPS movies and console gaming for decades must all have fucked up eyes! Those idiots must also believe in vaccines and climate change! Good thing you're mister smarter than your average bear and know better than literally science.

How's the actual story, plot, dialogue, and character development here?
The time sensitive quests are fun (you take forever you fail) and the actual story was engaging if not fairly derivative. Dialogue was good enough to not be distracting (I'm looking at you Two Worlds) and I don't feel like I got far enough in the main story to speak on character development. Really, it was how long it took to do anything that bothered me, I don't have time to spend 20 minutes riding a horse just to start a quest let alone time to spend that 20 min then 20 more doing the quest proper then 20 more min riding my horse back to turn it in.

I definitely don't think it is a bad game overall, It just isn't the right game for me.

FTFY. Jeez, the billions of people who have enjoyed 24 FPS movies and console gaming for decades must all have fucked up eyes! Those idiots must also believe in vaccines and climate change! Good thing you're mister smarter than your average bear and know better than literally science.
pXZHzYk.gif

The time sensitive quests are fun (you take forever you fail) and the actual story was engaging if not fairly derivative. Dialogue was good enough to not be distracting (I'm looking at you Two Worlds) and I don't feel like I got far enough in the main story to speak on character development. Really, it was how long it took to do anything that bothered me, I don't have time to spend 20 minutes riding a horse just to start a quest let alone time to spend that 20 min then 20 more doing the quest proper then 20 more min riding my horse back to turn it in.

I definitely don't think it is a bad game overall, It just isn't the right game for me.
So, here's a question: while taking 20m to get somewhere, can you actually run into other side quests along the way and do those?

Seems like 20m to get somewhere...could come off as boring, if there's nothing in-between all of that. Especially when we have games like Yakuza 0 where you walk over to the next house and/or NPC...and they offer up a quest.

So, here's a question: while taking 20m to get somewhere, can you actually run into other side quests along the way and do those?

Seems like 20m to get somewhere...could come off as boring, if there's nothing in-between all of that. Especially when we have games like Yakuza 0 where you walk over to the next house and/or NPC...and they offer up a quest.
Not really. Most quests are condensed into hubs (cities). It is boring, that is part of the complaint I had about it not caring if I was having fun or not. It is a very deliberate paced game that feels more in line with Morrowind or Vanilla World of Warcraft as opposed to the pings everywhere Ubisoft open-world template.

*edit* You can fast travel in the game once you have been to the city previously however you can(and will) get pulled out of fast travel straight into a combat situation which it is very easy to get killed during (the game is fairly challenging).

Not really. Most quests are condensed into hubs (cities). It is boring, that is part of the complaint I had about it not caring if I was having fun or not. It is a very deliberate paced game that feels more in line with Morrowind or Vanilla World of Warcraft as opposed to the pings everywhere Ubisoft open-world template.

*edit* You can fast travel in the game once you have been to the city previously however you can(and will) get pulled out of fast travel straight into a combat situation which it is very easy to get killed during (the game is fairly challenging).
So, here's the question. While your traveling those 20 minutes are there interesting things to look at along the way? Say trees or animals or maybe maidens in various states of undress? Or can you set your horse to auto trot and maybe read a book or polish your sword while it's trotting?

So, here's the question. While your traveling those 20 minutes are there interesting things to look at along the way? Say trees or animals or maybe maidens in various states of undress? Or can you set your horse to auto trot and maybe read a book or polish your sword while it's trotting?
if it's a game with emergent gameplay you would think if you polish your sword publicly after seeing a maiden in undress you would be tracked down by law enforcement for a truly immersive environment

Your mom polished my sword the other night...

if it's a game with emergent gameplay you would think if you polish your sword publicly after seeing a maiden in undress you would be tracked down by law enforcement for a truly immersive environment
Stop right there, criminal scum?

EDIT:

or my preference...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uybzeitUAUk

So, in other words, ultimate incline vs. rinse-and-repeat quest compass dreck? Huzzah!

have some shit pies to share. i tasted some of the pies, can't remember which ones but most are uneaten

N2BVT-GFHIE-ZLIKX
6Q0EI-VHY4J-RICE4
00Q7J-TV5H8-R26EF
GQY7M-WFCN7-VMP86
EJ5V3-QCWW8-04JJT
LIBGI-ERNYL-VGD7W
FHN75-MM30X-D68VD
N9X00-BGW22-G5JX8
2X5KR-0BJLQ-ZHHZ5
C9NBD-QRJQD-EAEDJ
QYD7X-PBD6G-48PKV
ZN92G-R999Q-NRZ4A
Q3NPQ-TYZ7H-4WHG7
R5VN8-LAZGG-L7802
34JXL-2QNBI-YHYT5
JGIWX-V77T7-70BAB

Division 2 is up for preload on Uplay.  Oh, and their client might not have all the features of Steam (and not be my preference) but its got bandwidth to spare.  (I'm running at over 66 MB/S and earlier topped 76 MB/S.)

Edit: Broke 80!

Edit 2: Broke 90...

Division 2 is up for preload on Uplay. Oh, and their client might not have all the features of Steam (and not be my preference) but its got bandwidth to spare. (I'm running at over 66 MB/S and earlier topped 76 MB/S.)

Edit: Broke 80!

Edit 2: Broke 90...
Yeah, I normally get much better speeds on UPlay (over Steam), especially on early mornings.

I also think what helps, is I doubt anyone else is downloading at 7:57am EST. Good call.

Yeah, I got both my DMC5 and RE2 keys just before the midnight launch. I expect the same with Division 2. Speaking of DMC5 and RE2, it's sure nice to see Capcom back on top of their game. Looking forward to seeing what else they do with the RE Engine.

Tower Defense Bros!  I have a deal for you:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/408410/

Xmorph Defense is from the makers of Zombie Driver.  It describes itself as:

Unique fusion of a top down shooter and tower defense strategy. You are the invader! Use destructive weapons or lead you enemies into a maze of towers. Strategize in the build mode by carefully selecting various types of alien towers or throw yourself right into the heat of the battle.

If you own Zombie Driver HD and DLC you can get the dev complete pack and save a few bucks on the whole package.  Just bought it.  Looks neat.  Very positive reviews. 

I enjoyed Zombie Driver but $12ish buckos to complete the pack for a TD game? Bundle fodder, breh.
Bundle probably not likely to have all the DLC. Plus, I like the dev so I will support.

Played the first mission and had a blast. Think Defense Grid 2 taken to the next level.

DLC is overrated these days.  Defense Grid 2 was a fine game... for a sale price around ten years ago.(was thinking DG1, apparently I've never bought DG2... they gotta bundle 'dat!)  We're on CAG, muh man, and $12ish for bundle fodder won't cut it deal-wise.  It looks like a solid game but... I could get GTA 5 for $15 now.

Hello Good Folks,

What's the best site/deal to get The Division 2 from if I can't get my hands on AMD rewards deal?. I am looking for 2 keys.

Thanks

If you are in the USA, probably GMG, only 12% off though.  It was 20% off a few weeks back and they might offer a better deal before release but I doubt it.  If you are in Europe, cdkeys is a better deal.  

Also, after the 15th it will only be available for purchase on Uplay and Epic, none of they sites like Humble or GMG will be allowed to sell it anymore.

Edit:  GMG is offering a free game with purchase as well so that makes it a bit better deal IF you want any of those games.

bread's done
Back