Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
If you are in the USA, probably GMG, only 12% off though. It was 20% off a few weeks back and they might offer a better deal before release but I doubt it. If you are in Europe, cdkeys is a better deal.

Also, after the 15th it will only be available for purchase on Uplay and Epic, none of they sites like Humble or GMG will be allowed to sell it anymore.
Sweet, Yes I checked CDkeys and GMG. Seemed like gmg has the cheapest price, I am in Canada so GMG is probably the best bet. Gmg is cad $70 for me.

I also tried using the U points (or whatever they are called to get 20% discount), got the email saying

"Enclosed, please find the 20% promotional discount code you have requested! This code is available on the Ubisoft Store catalogue excluding pre-purchase. Not combinable with any other offer"

Tried applying the code for 20% but no dice, because email said excluding pre-purchase. I wonder if promo code will work after the release date. At $80, it may be just 64, i don't care for pre order games deal.

Thanks for the info.

The 20% code can only be used on games they do not consider "newly released".  They define that as at least three months old, so it would be that long before you could use the code on it on Uplay.

The 20% code can only be used on games they do not consider "newly released". They define that as at least three months old, so it would be that long before you could use the code on it on Uplay.
lol, oh well. I have no chance then. Thanks for the information man, appreciate it.

At my 12th SXSW right now. If any of you get the chance to go to one it’s like a cheapass dream. Free food, drinks, swag, and music all over the place. Only downsides are it can be hard to figure out what is actually free and you now have to pay to go to the gaming stuff. That Doesn’t bother me though since the gaming stuff is mostly streamers and esports nowadays which I don’t care about.

At my 12th SXSW right now. If any of you get the chance to go to one it’s like a cheapass dream. Free food, drinks, swag, and music all over the place. Only downsides are it can be hard to figure out what is actually free and you now have to pay to go to the gaming stuff. That Doesn’t bother me though since the gaming stuff is mostly streamers and esports nowadays which I don’t care about.
How was Us?

Free food and drinks is the least I would expect from having to deal with Austin's traffic

Lved in Austin for 7 years, still haven't been to SXSW, shit is too cray to me (hate the traffic)

From Software rocks.   They are easily one of my top developers.  I think Bloodborne was the best game of this gen.   It's too bad that they haven't brought it to PC.  However I don't know if a Tenchu-style souls game is going to work without the equipment/loot system.   You need some sort of payoff in order for beating the overwhelming bosses to feel satisfying.   The skill upgrade system is going to have to be very good.  I worry about Sekiro having an obtuse or obnoxious skillup system like Nioh.  The game is going to feel like Nioh but without any cool, unique weapons or armor.

souls-likes 4evah

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched more game play footage of it https://youtu.be/rQItIcu9vvA and I guess early PS4/Xbox One is a more adapt comparison (those fire effects however make my crotchal region tingle though).  However, even being a huge Souls' fan I just don't think I'm feeling this game much.  The jumping looks very stiff, the grappling hook doesn't seem to make the game better in any way and really, if i'm being honest, I am sick of the stick and strafe fighting.  

I will try this still, but it will be on console where I can rent or trade it back in if I don't like it (which I won't since it is a travesty regarding fps).  Maybe there will be a PC demo...

I finished Crackdown 3 last week (Gamepass).  Probably not to many that care, but it started out a bit boring/easy but once I got into the groove I really had fun.  It got increasingly challenging and has some fun bosses/weapons.  Leveling up your agility and jumping all over the place is pretty fun and playing as Terry Crews was something I couldn't pass up.  Recommend it if you have Gamepass and have an itch for Far Cry style game but not super serious. 

Also, whatever happened to 4 in February?  Anyone still do that?  I've finished Far Cry: New Dawn, RE2, and Crackdown 3 in the last month or so. 

Coming to a PS3 and Xbox 360 near you. Props though for using in-game footage but man, those graphics are not aging well.
eh, i think it looks fine. once graphics quality crosses a certain threshold it's not really something i notice as being a drawback if it's considered subpar for its era, and tbh games generally speaking as a whole crossed that threshold years ago for me. that being said the soulsborne series were never known for being especially cutting edge graphically speaking anyway

From Software rocks. They are easily one of my top developers. I think Bloodborne was the best game of this gen. It's too bad that they haven't brought it to PC. However I don't know if a Tenchu-style souls game is going to work without the equipment/loot system. You need some sort of payoff in order for beating the overwhelming bosses to feel satisfying. The skill upgrade system is going to have to be very good. I worry about Sekiro having an obtuse or obnoxious skillup system like Nioh. The game is going to feel like Nioh but without any cool, unique weapons or armor.

souls-likes 4evah
Yeah, I love From Soft, they're right at or near the top for me.

That said as excited as I am, I'm a bit anxious, this game seems to be a step back in terms of my specific tastes (not a huge fan of samurai/eastern aesthetic/setting, don't know how the more stealth based focused it seems to have will work), but i'm still pretty confident it's gonna be pretty good. Easily my most anticipated title so far to come out this year.

I finished Crackdown 3 last week (Gamepass). Probably not to many that care, but it started out a bit boring/easy but once I got into the groove I really had fun. It got increasingly challenging and has some fun bosses/weapons. Leveling up your agility and jumping all over the place is pretty fun and playing as Terry Crews was something I couldn't pass up. Recommend it if you have Gamepass and have an itch for Far Cry style game but not super serious.
I'm playing Crackdown 3 now and agree mostly with your assessment, except I didnt even find the beginning boring. Perhaps a bit mindless, but I liked Earth Defense Force too. The only thing I can say as a gameplay drawback is kinda a plus too - I have no use for the driving. The driving is floaty and imprecise and it's far too much fun to jump/dash/double jump/ground pound my way all across the city. Also, I have some trouble with the tower platforming, but that's a me and my depth perception thing, not necessarily a design flaw. In any case, I play like an hour or so at a time, hunting orbs and generally farting around. I'm sure I could have rushed through it, but I'm enjoying my time.

As for the concurrent graphics debate, I guess I'll stay out of it as I just finished Mass Effect 3 on the 360 and thought *that* looked pretty good. I'm far from a graphics whore.

Lved in Austin for 7 years, still haven't been to SXSW, shit is too cray to me (hate the traffic)
The traffic doesn't bother me too much. I lived the first 2/3 of my life in Houston and I've still yet to see Austin traffic ever get anywhere near as bad as the worst Houston traffic. I took the train down the first 2 days which is really convenient, but I drove down the past 2 days and it really wasn't bad at all.

Somebody asked about Us. I'm too much of a cheapass to do any of the film stuff. Also, something like Us is so popular that even if I had a badge I might not be able to get in.

I finished Crackdown 3 last week (Gamepass). Probably not to many that care, but it started out a bit boring/easy but once I got into the groove I really had fun. It got increasingly challenging and has some fun bosses/weapons. Leveling up your agility and jumping all over the place is pretty fun and playing as Terry Crews was something I couldn't pass up. Recommend it if you have Gamepass and have an itch for Far Cry style game but not super serious.

Also, whatever happened to 4 in February? Anyone still do that? I've finished Far Cry: New Dawn, RE2, and Crackdown 3 in the last month or so.
I managed to get through quite a few games in February (11 or 12) but I think they were all console games. At least I am making progress on the ol' backlog. I am trying to finish my PS3 backlog but it is huge and I have newer games I should probably prioritize so it might get shuffled to the back of the line again. I still have beloved series like Mass Effect and Bioshock backlogged, I just buy way too many games in way too many genres and don't have that kind of time. And gardening season approaches...

Four games down so far this month, including finally going back to Glass Masquerade (which is actually a Steam game, no pizza involved but at at least semi on-topic) and finishing it. I highly recommend both Glass Masquerade games to anyone who likes puzzle games. The second one has a bit more to it because it has two difficulty modes but both look nice and the jigsaw puzzle mechanic works pretty well. I finished the first mode but doubt I will try to do more with the hard mode for now, want to move on to DMC5.

Still debating on Sekiro. I was playing Dark Souls 3 the hour it unlocked but as mentioned in this thread already, Sekiro strays from the formula just enough to give me pause. Yeah the atmosphere and combat are more important but the loot is a pretty big deal in Dark Souls so the lack of loot in this one bothers me a bit. I might wait on reviews and watch for a sale but if someone has it for 20% off or more before it comes out I'm sure I will cave.

I've got a few hours into Northgard now and it is fun and you can tell it is very indie (for better or worse).  I would put it about even with Banished where Northgard has a story mode which is a plus but worse gameplay which is a negative.  Overall I'm enjoying it though and definitely worth the money I spent on it.

American Gods S2 isn't looking so great. Not that that's a huge surprise after losing Fuller and Green. Can we just get Hannibal S4 already? The TV adaptation of What We Do in the Shadows, on the other hand, is apparently pretty good.

Excited for David Fincher and Tim Miller's Love, Death & Robots on Friday.

The traffic doesn't bother me too much. I lived the first 2/3 of my life in Houston and I've still yet to see Austin traffic ever get anywhere near as bad as the worst Houston traffic. I took the train down the first 2 days which is really convenient, but I drove down the past 2 days and it really wasn't bad at all.

Somebody asked about Us. I'm too much of a cheapass to do any of the film stuff. Also, something like Us is so popular that even if I had a badge I might not be able to get in.
the traffic on 2222/620 can get really annoying. never lived in houston so cant compare

Decided to grab F1 2018 for $15, had some leftover in wallet.  After watching the Netflix series "Formula 1 Drive to Survive" I have to give it a try now. Binge watched on Sunday, very good.

I always wanted to get into the F1 games but driving with a wheel in a F1 game just seems so wrong but I have a G920 so the rim isn't interchangeable.

Decided to grab F1 2018 for $15, had some leftover in wallet. After watching the Netflix series "Formula 1 Drive to Survive" I have to give it a try now. Binge watched on Sunday, very good.

And another game goes timed exclusive on the Epic Game Store.

https://twitter.com/Phoenix_Point/status/1105514029819351043

What makes this even worse is this was a crowdfunded game.  Also for anyone not happy about the Epic Store exclusivity you only have until April 12th to request a refund apparently.

What makes this even worse is this was a crowdfunded game. Also for anyone not happy about the Epic Store exclusivity you only have until April 12th to request a refund apparently.
Uggghhh. Was really looking forward to this.

What makes this even worse is this was a crowdfunded game. Also for anyone not happy about the Epic Store exclusivity you only have until April 12th to request a refund apparently.
Wow, that's pretty shitty way to treat people who allow you to make you dreams come true... I hope karma gets all of them.

Wow, MCC actually coming to Steam and not W10-store exclusive.

- Steam store page

- "Episodic" release, one game at a time.

- Games will be available for purchase individually as they are released.

- Halo: Reach comes first.

Store page

"Episodic" release, one game at a time.
Now I've got to decide whether to add Reach to my digital copy of MCC on Xbox or buy the games again on PC. I also wonder if the online multiplayer for the games will be active for a long time like on Xbox One.

Last edited:

- Steam store page

- "Episodic" release, one game at a time.

- Games will be available for purchase individually as they are released.

- Halo: Reach comes first.
Awesome!!!

So, I wonder when is Fable 2 (Fable 1 & 3 already came here) and the missions games of the Gears of War Collection (Gears 2, 3, Judgment) are hitting the PC?

EDIT:

Been waiting for MCC to come to PC for a long time since it was rumored years back. Might have to preorder/day1 this sucker, never thought to see it on steam.
I figured this was an easy way for Microsoft to go make a Windows 10 Store exclusive on their store.

So much for that.

Halo: MCC on Steam is even better!

I do wonder w/ it wanting XBL (I'd guess that's probably the new XBox app on W10, I'd guess?), how's this going to work w/ that? They gonna expand that out into a service/delivery platform like Steam?

Considering that each game will be released and purchasable individually, I'm really curious what the pricing is going to look like. I can't imagine they'll be $5 a piece to match the current $30 XB1 price for the package. Will it be $10 per game? $20?

Awesome!!!

So, I wonder when is Fable 2 (Fable 1 & 3 already came here) and the missions games of the Gears of War Collection (Gears 2, 3, Judgment) are hitting the PC?

EDIT:

I figured this was an easy way for Microsoft to go make a Windows 10 Store exclusive on their store.

So much for that.

Halo: MCC on Steam is even better!

I do wonder w/ it wanting XBL (I'd guess that's probably the new XBox app on W10, I'd guess?), how's this going to work w/ that? They gonna expand that out into a service/delivery platform like Steam?
It was so strange that they just did Gears 1 instead of the trilogy + Judgment and delisted Fable 3. I hope they make both series available at some point, and that releasing Halo MCC is the start of them treating the PC platform and their older games with more respect.

Last edited:
Would be nice to see a non GFWL re-release of Fable III, as well as a Fable 2 port. They should also drop the price on Fable Anniversary at some point too.

the long awaited announcement of Borderlands 3 by Gearbox.  It would be nice but I am cautiously optimistic considering the Presequel and how the game did not even get much of a season pass (compared to BL2).  Youtube has many videos about supposed leaks of characters and such.  If they can pull off a better game than BL2 then great I am in.

Presequel was also done by 2K Australia with "help" from Gearbox and one would presume Borderlands 3 is a Gearbox project entirely.  Of course some folks have moved on from Gearbox over the years so you might see some changes but I think it is more than likely going to stick to the formula and be enjoyable.  If anything I would expect BL3 to be bigger and with more expansions/DLC than ever.  Gearbox has had some flops, they need an easy win at this point.

Also, the Halo games are already confirmed to have ultrawide support along with various other resolutions, so that is nice.

bread's done
Back