Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Is the zombies a must have with this COD?
I'd say zombies is crucial for all CODs. This one since it doesn't have a SP mode, zombies is the only real mode you can solo. Their BR mode is okay but Apex Legends is free and is better. Deathmatch is fun. So it depends on if you think deathmatch would be worth $12 and Zombie mode $20. The main game has been $30 or cheaper before.

Anybody else tried Freesync and not noticed any improvement? I bought a new monitor because I'd seen some people rave about freesync like it was life changing.

I'm skeptical if I even have it working. Is there a way to tell? I have it enabled in the nvidia control panel. It says the monitor is not validated as g-sync compatible, but people online have said it works fine with nvidia cards. My monitor says it's on and I'm using a displayport cable.

My old monitor was 60hz and this one is 144 and overclocks to 155. So that alone should be a noticeable improvement, but I can barely tell any difference in my games. The monitor is overall better than my previous monitor so everything looks a bit better but it seems like a very small improvement. I still see blur whenever I move the camera. I still see dropped frames occasionally, but that might just be my computer not being good enough to run the game at the settings I have.

Maybe my eyes just suck.

Anybody else tried Freesync and not noticed any improvement? I bought a new monitor because I'd seen some people rave about freesync like it was life changing.

I'm skeptical if I even have it working. Is there a way to tell? I have it enabled in the nvidia control panel. It says the monitor is not validated as g-sync compatible, but people online have said it works fine with nvidia cards. My monitor says it's on and I'm using a displayport cable.

My old monitor was 60hz and this one is 144 and overclocks to 155. So that alone should be a noticeable improvement, but I can barely tell any difference in my games. The monitor is overall better than my previous monitor so everything looks a bit better but it seems like a very small improvement. I still see blur whenever I move the camera. I still see dropped frames occasionally, but that might just be my computer not being good enough to run the game at the settings I have.

Maybe my eyes just suck.
I got a 75hz freesync monitor and didn't think it was life changing. It's only going to sync at the highest rate fps your card can handle. There's also a setting in Windows display properties for the display rate that I had to change to get mine too work properly.

My only complaint about SotN is the same one I have always had, I wish it had a harder difficulty setting.  Some of the portable games in the same style were much more challenging and I appreciated that about them even if they didn't manage to top the game that inspired them.

I'm watching Castlevania - the animated series on Netflix right now and it's very good. I highly recommend it.
Thanks for reminding me. Been meaning to watch that for some time but keep getting distracted by other things. Hard to believe that Castlevania was once my favorite series. Castlevania 3, Super Castlevania IV, Castlevania: Bloodlines, and Symphony of the Night are all among the best games on their respective systems, with SotN being a legit all-time great. It’s a shame that the series is basically dead and never really transitioned well to 3D, but I feel like Soulsborne has done a good job of filling in that gap and luckily there’s plenty of good 2D metroidvanias to choose from these days.

I'm watching Castlevania - the animated series on Netflix right now and it's very good. I highly recommend it.
Can confirm.

More TV talk:

HBO's Chernobyl looks good. Starts tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9APLXM9Ei8

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought all three of the Nintendo DS Castlevania games but only ended up playing through the first one, Dawn of Sorrow.   It was good, and in the same flavor as SotN.  I'm sure that Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia are more of the same.  I've been meaning to go back to them, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. 

Since then, Metroidvania has exploded in popularity and there has been no shortage of other games to try from the genre. 

Order of Ecclesia has the illusion of a "Metroidvania", but it's super linear, and even harder than DoS. I honestly argue it's a classicvania with how linear it was.

Still good though

It still blows my mind how during most of this century game developers and publishers thought that metroidvania, and 2D in general, could not be profitable nor viable and therefore virtually no one made these types of games. 

Some of the Gameboy (Advance and DS were really quite good also.)
Yeah, I grew up with those. The only one that I didn't care much for was Circle of the Moon, but only because it was a little more rudimentary being the first GBA game in the series. The dual card system wasn't bad, but it wasn't exactly straightforward and gave the player less options. Aria of Sorrow and DS both were really good in terms of mechanics.

I loved Order of Ecclesia for combining the soul system and RPG elements with the broken pacing of each new environment being its own separate level you could revisit.

Konami is really missing the mark by not giving us another 2D Castlevania on consoles and PC. Lords of Shadow is okay, but imagine what a hand-drawn SotN-esque game could do today. Huge levels, tons of story, inclusion of other character arcs and timelines...

Yeah, I grew up with those. The only one that I didn't care much for was Circle of the Moon, but only because it was a little more rudimentary being the first GBA game in the series. The dual card system wasn't bad, but it wasn't exactly straightforward and gave the player less options. Aria of Sorrow and DS both were really good in terms of mechanics.

I loved Order of Ecclesia for combining the soul system and RPG elements with the broken pacing of each new environment being its own separate level you could revisit.

Konami is really missing the mark by not giving us another 2D Castlevania on consoles and PC. Lords of Shadow is okay, but imagine what a hand-drawn SotN-esque game could do today. Huge levels, tons of story, inclusion of other character arcs and timelines...
There’s not a company out there that hates its IPs as much as Konami.

In other news, Twitch Prime free games have become worthless.  Two of the games for this month: Stealth Bastard and Majesty Collection.  Must be 2012.

It still blows my mind how during most of this century game developers and publishers thought that metroidvania, and 2D in general, could not be profitable nor viable and therefore virtually no one made these types of games.
I wish more dev's and pub's would fill the need for genres that feel missing in the last decade or so. I'd love to see more old school style Castlevania and/or Metroidvanias.

Though, I'm sure dev's & publishers, especially in the AAA space, think that the blockbuster $ to be spent & especially made is in:

• 3D-style games
  • That are online-only or optional online coop
  • Which can can be PvE and/or PvP competitive games
  • With an open-world UbiSoft style of content
  • And add ARPG elements (upgrading character stats, skills, equipment, etc) on top to make it grind-y
  • So they toss MTX's on top of that to lessen the grind and/or sell more cosmetics/skins.

Fanatical has just launched the Arc System Works Bundle.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/arc-system-works-bundle

For $4.99 the bundle comes with:

UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late
Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
INFERNO CLIMBER
Guilty Gear Isuka
Meh. UNIEL and Arcana Heart have better version on Steam already, and X2 and Isuka (which sucks) have been bundled a bunch and are ancient compared to Accent Core Plus R. Inferno Climber is supposedly good but it's not a fighting game.

$5 is a stretch for the contents. If they'd thrown in Xrd SIGN or even Melty Blood instead of the other GGs, I'd have been all over it.

I tried SFV while it was free.  Apparently I am not a Street Fighter fan these days.  Ignoring our recent discussions about DLC and such, I just do not like the way the fighting feels at all. I even loaded up  a couple of other fighters after playing it to see if I just wasn't in the mood to enjoy anything (I have been sick for the last week) and nope, I wanted to keep playing the other fighters.  Oh well.  Something I can take off my wishlist anyway.

Meh. UNIEL and Arcana Heart have better version on Steam already, and X2 and Isuka (which sucks) have been bundled a bunch and are ancient compared to Accent Core Plus R. Inferno Climber is supposedly good but it's not a fighting game.

$5 is a stretch for the contents. If they'd thrown in Xrd SIGN or even Melty Blood instead of the other GGs, I'd have been all over it.
I thought about it, but by the time the "new" versions are cheap, there's probably a "newer" version. These are at least good to get your feet wet, to see if you would even want to invest in UNIEL[ST] and Love Max.

And tbf UNIEL is probably a better value than Melty Blood, which is like 9 years old update to a 16+ year old game. UNIBL is pretty much the spiritual successor anyways.

tl;dr: Good if you're never going to buy the newer games without steep discounts anyways.

Fanatical has just launched the Arc System Works Bundle.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/arc-system-works-bundle

For $4.99 the bundle comes with:

UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late
Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
INFERNO CLIMBER
Guilty Gear Isuka
God, I'd forgotten how [customspoiler=crappy]
AULJDvA.jpg

[/customspoiler] the character portraits in the Guilty Gear XX games looked.

I thought about it, but by the time the "new" versions are cheap, there's probably a "newer" version.

tl;dr: Good if you're never going to buy the newer games without steep discounts anyways.
And I don't plan to buy the newer ones, so this bundle works for me for the price. Honestly, I can never tell one of these games from the others since they're all Street Fighter clones at the end of the day.

And I don't plan to buy the newer ones, so this bundle works for me for the price. Honestly, I can never tell one of these games from the others since they're all Street Fighter clones at the end of the day.
But at the end of the day, Street Fighter is a clone of Way of the Exploding Fist, which is a clone of Yie Ar Kung Fu, which is a clone of Karate Champ, which is a clone of Warrior, which is a clone of Heavyweight Champ.

Are some of you guys still playing Derpvision?  Just now jumping in.

Was surprised how smooth redeeming two of the new rewards went on a single new account.  Hopefully they learned from the whole Pick 2 mess?

Are some of you guys still playing Derpvision? Just now jumping in.

Was surprised how smooth redeeming two of the new rewards went on a single new account. Hopefully they learned from the whole Pick 2 mess?
Did you buy a card/processor? Or did you have someone activate for you?

If it wasn't for how bad the last experience went I'd be tempted to do a split for WWZ but the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth.

bread's done
Back