Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
don't do it! worst controller ever!
worst-games-controllers-7.jpg

pffft, fuck off

Last edited by a moderator:
For everyone who plays Rocket League, here's a limited time only in-game redemption code that will unlock a Never Say Die Limited Decal from the movie The Goonies.

TRUFFLESHUFFLE

And here are some other limited time codes that unlock decals, wheels, and nitros that still work as of today.

SHAZAM

POPCORN
RLBIRTHDAY

RLNITRO

I used these on the PS4, Xbox One, and Steam versions of the game.  

VG24/7 - Destiny 2 is leaving Battle.Net and moving over to Steam:

https://www.vg247.com/2019/06/17/destiny-2-battle-net-steam-account-keep/

- You'll be able to move your content over from Battle.Net to Steam

- This content you can move includes content owned (DLC's/Expansions)

- This content also includes characters, loot, gear, stats & collections.

- This one-time content transfer will occur sometime soon to September 17th (when Shadowkeep launches).

- Even though this is going to Steam, Bungie plans to also sell it on as many platforms as possible.

VG24/7 - Destiny 2 is leaving Battle.Net and moving over to Steam:

https://www.vg247.com/2019/06/17/destiny-2-battle-net-steam-account-keep/

- You'll be able to move your content over from Battle.Net to Steam

- This content you can move includes content owned (DLC's/Expansions)

- This content also includes characters, loot, gear, stats & collections.

- This one-time content transfer will occur sometime soon to September 17th (when Shadowkeep launches).

- Even though this is going to Steam, Bungie plans to also sell it on as many platforms as possible.
Thanks for posting this. I probably would have missed it, since I rarely pay much attention to Destiny news lately.

So, what's the deal with Forsaken? The campaign doesn't seem to be included in the Shadowkeep Steam bundle. The Complete Collection is currently $40 from b.net, but includes the base game and first two expansions, which I don't need. And the Forsaken Annual Pass is $15, but doesn't include the Forsaken Campaign.

I is confused.

(Not that I'll play any more as I plan on not playing BL3 at release.)

Final Fantasy 8 remaster is being done by DotEmu so at least one person here will be excited about that.    :whistle2:

Konami added the Japanese versions to the Arcade Classics Collection so it is arguably worth buying when it is on a decent sale now, fwiw.

So, what's the deal with Forsaken? The campaign doesn't seem to be included in the Shadowkeep Steam bundle. The Complete Collection is currently $40 from b.net, but includes the base game and first two expansions, which I don't need. And the Forsaken Annual Pass is $15, but doesn't include the Forsaken Campaign.

I is confused.

The Destiny 2 purchasing is VERY confusing. Let me give this a try. *deep breath*

In the fall it sounds like there are going to be four different offerings:

1) base Destiny 2 game which will be going F2P

2) Forsaken + annual pass

3) Shadowkeep

4) Shadowkeep annual pass

The thing is...if you go ahead and purchase the main Shadowkeep game in the fall, it's not going to include #2 on that list according to what Bungie has already come out and said. So you still have to purchase Forsaken + it's annual pass even if you plan on buying Shadowkeep. But they could also very well be lying, or have a change of heart down the road and make an all-inclusive Shadowkeep package. (the same way they did when Forsaken launched in Sept. '18).

There is no good way to go about buying this. If you want to play it now, I'd suggest buying Forsaken + Pass when it's on sale this summer. But there is also a chance it could be included for free or heavily discounted later. It's the age-old 'punishment for the core supporters' situation like with World of Warcraft expansions: people that bought expansion #3 for example were given expansion #2 for free bc they couldn't Gatekeep old-world content like that. It's anyone's guess how Bungie is going to handle this and they might go back on their word. Their prerogative is to not lose Forsaken sales before the fall release.

So you're damned if you do, damned if you don't, at this point in time. But Bungie has confirmed that Forsaken will not come with Shadowkeep.

I already own all of Destiny 2 on my PS4.  So I'm going to migrate my whole account over to PC (YAY!!!)  as soon as it's available in late summer.  But it appears that I will have to buy all of everything again, including Forsaken + annual pass, plus Shadowkeep + annual pass. 

There is no winning this situation.  But at least we can finally transfer our lifetime accounts to the superior platform which is a godsend for people like me. 

I is confused.

Bungie's policy regarding D2 expansions moving forward is that they should not have any dependency on the ownership of prior expansions. That means when Shadowkeep launches on Steam in September you will be purchasing that alone as an add-on to D2: New Light, and it will not include Forsaken. Presumably around the same time Bungie will make Forsaken and the Y2 Annual Pass available on Steam as well for a separate purchase.

The idea here is that in September you can play D2: New Light for free, and then from there have the option of purchasing Forsaken (and Y2 Annual Pass) or Shadowkeep (and Y3 Annual Pass), or both.

If you want to jump into Forsaken now the only option you have currently is paying $40 for Forsaken + Y2 Annual Pass (which does include D2 + Y1 expansions, but those are effectively worthless at this point). At some point before Shadowkeep launches you will be able to migrate your Forsaken + Y2 Annual Pass license to Steam.

Geeez, all of these Destiny 2 shenanigans.

So, any Destiny 2: Forsaken Edition copies for $10 yet on PC? ;)

The Destiny 2 purchasing is VERY confusing. Let me give this a try. *deep breath*

In the fall it sounds like there are going to be four different offerings:

1) base Destiny 2 game which will be going F2P

2) Forsaken + annual pass

3) Shadowkeep

4) Shadowkeep annual pass

The thing is...if you go ahead and purchase the main Shadowkeep game in the fall, it's not going to include #2 on that list according to what Bungie has already come out and said. So you still have to purchase Forsaken + it's annual pass even if you plan on buying Shadowkeep. But they could also very well be lying, or have a change of heart down the road and make an all-inclusive Shadowkeep package. (the same way they did when Forsaken launched in Sept. '18).

There is no good way to go about buying this. If you want to play it now, I'd suggest buying Forsaken + Pass when it's on sale this summer. But there is also a chance it could be included for free or heavily discounted later. It's the age-old 'punishment for the core supporters' situation like with World of Warcraft expansions: people that bought expansion #3 for example were given expansion #2 for free bc they couldn't Gatekeep old-world content like that. It's anyone's guess how Bungie is going to handle this and they might go back on their word. Their prerogative is to not lose Forsaken sales before the fall release.

So you're damned if you do, damned if you don't, at this point in time. But Bungie has confirmed that Forsaken will not come with Shadowkeep.
giphy.gif

If it's $40 for everything that's cheap and I'd jump on it now, instead of having any reservations about it possibly being cheaper in the fall.  That's three months that you could be playing the game and getting ready for Shadowkeep.

Existing players are paying for the price of a new game bundle plus the price of the expansion pass every year which was ($20 + $35) for me in January.  That's after having already purchased D2 base + Expansions 1 & 2.  What you're getting for $40 cost someone like me ($60+$35) + ($20+35) = $150 since Sept. 2017.  The people that play every year are the ones shouldering the cost burden.  It's annoying but c'est la vie; that's the cost of playing a new, supported game.

Basically every year there is going to be a new release of the new game expansion as well as the expansion pass.  ($35/40 + $35) = $70+.  "Destiny 2" is the game that is going to be supported going forward.  No word on anything Destiny 3 yet.

$40 for all the content to date is completely worth it. I can't recommend the game enough. If you get it and are still enjoying it come September you have the option of paying $40-$60 for the next year of content. That's all there is to it really.

D2 seems like a massive DLC sink. No thnx.
It is. But the people who are really into Destiny play it for thousands of hours and don't spend money on other video games. I know from my first two years playing Destiny 1 that I spent WAY less on video games during those years. So it depends on what kind of gamer you are.

Destiny is a hard recommendation for fickle bros or people that like to bounce around playing a lot of different games. OTTH It can provide a lot of entertainment and savings for MMO / lifer types that generally play one game all year.

It's no different from people whom buy Madden or CoD (even Assassin's Creed) every year.

Something different with the Steam Summer Sale other than cards....

"The Steam Summer sale is just around the corner! We're going to try something different with the event this year. While there will still be an event and rewards, we won't be featuring special trading cards, or any mysterious cards in the lead-up to the sale. Keep your eye out for more details when the sale launches, it should be a fun event."

Something different with the Steam Summer Sale other than cards....

"The Steam Summer timebox is just around the corner! We're going to try something different this year. While there will still be a website and forums , we won't be doing sales or events or discounts of any kind nor will we feature special trading cards, or any mysterious cards in the lead-up to a time window in the future that won't be called a sale. Keep your eye out for more details when the timebox launches, it should be a fun non-event."
Ftfy

The new Mini Gun in the Division 2 is rather fun... Actually, it looks like most of the specialization changes are a good thing. (Sharpshooter got nerfed for non rifle/marksman weapons but that was actually a needed change. And I say that as someone who always used it.)

The new Mini Gun in the Division 2 is rather fun... Actually, it looks like most of the specialization changes are a good thing. (Sharpshooter got nerfed for non rifle/marksman weapons but that was actually a needed change. And I say that as someone who always used it.)
I've been having more fun with Div 2 than I expected. I got all 40 apparel crates during the last event and just got all the hunter masks last week. I didn't get the SP so I have to do the missions to unlock the Gunner but it's good for me since I need something other than loot to motivate me to keep playing.

The developer should have called this "CAG Member Simulator":

1000$ – a first-person horror where you are supposed to rob a house. The main character is a young guy who decides to upgrade his computer due to the release of some new interesting games. However, he has to get 1,000 dollars somewhere to buy the required hardware.

That’s ridiculous, nobody on CAG needs a computer that costs more than a couple hundred to keep up with all the latest games.

It’s not like any of us ever play them, after all.
But I think we all want to run Metro: Exodus with RTX though!

Gotta drop that big coin on RTX!

10-20fps at 1080p with a GTX 1060 just ain't cutting it, if you want to Ray-Trace. Quake 2 RTX sucks too on performance with the 1060 (performs similar to Metro: Exodus), if you flip the RTX stuff on.

Either a remaster incoming or MS (who now owns Obsidian) is acquiring the IP.
Alpha Protocol was notably absent from Backwards Compatibility on Xbone so a remaster is likely.
Yeah, Sega's rights have expired.

So, I do wonder if you're right on this one.

Did MS and Obsidian maybe went and bought the IP?

I'd love for the rights to go back to Obsidian.

Maybe also a Remaster is coming, as you thought was possible?

I'll be very curious, to see where this all goes.

EDIT:

I always wanted an Alpha Protocol 2, so I'd love to see a sequel happen too.

I've been having more fun with Div 2 than I expected. I got all 40 apparel crates during the last event and just got all the hunter masks last week. I didn't get the SP so I have to do the missions to unlock the Gunner but it's good for me since I need something other than loot to motivate me to keep playing.
I hear ya. The apparel cache events are when I end up playing the game the most.

They did add a few (I think like 5) points to each specialization so there's a small carrot to chase for each spec.

I didn't get the SP so I have to do the missions to unlock the Gunner but it's good for me since I need something other than loot to motivate me to keep playing.
counterpoint - it's fucking dumb. some of the objectives are fine (capture cp's with a specific spec, beat activities with a certain gun) but now i'm on mission specific ones. like the one you have to farm kills on the mounted gun. fuck that. i try to get on the gun asap, i die all the time. the best chance to get kills is at the end of the mission, which means you have to play the whole mission. and you can't match-make because everyone wants the kills. this is p2w bullshit for people with the season pass. Tom Clancy's ghost can go fuck himself

counterpoint - it's fucking dumb. some of the objectives are fine (capture cp's with a specific spec, beat activities with a certain gun) but now i'm on mission specific ones. like the one you have to farm kills on the mounted gun. fuck that. i try to get on the gun asap, i die all the time. the best chance to get kills is at the end of the mission, which means you have to play the whole mission. and you can't match-make because everyone wants the kills. this is p2w bullshit for people with the season pass. Tom Clancy's ghost can go fuck himself
Not sure if this is the week for it but the mounted gun up north of Campus that is great for mounted kills when Black Tusk Blocks fast travel access to the Campus.

Edit: Oh, trust me Tommy ghost is already rolling in his grave from the raid... (Also if your online when I'm online I don't mind running that mission if need be and not killing anything at the end.

Not sure if this is the week for it but the mounted gun up north of Campus that is great for mounted kills when Black Tusk Blocks fast travel access to the Campus.
The one Shrinerr mentions has to be done in Grand Washington. But I just ran the mission solo, gunned down the dudes at the end except one, suicided, did it two more times and it was done. It was stupid (things that encourage you to game the system are rarely fun) but it wasn't especially onerous either. Even if you suffer from poor gear and can't solo well, you could certainly run it on Story/Normal and do the same thing.

The game page shows it as owned by almost everyone on my friends list and on the wishlist of exactly zero on my friends list.
IIRC, it was in some Sega Humble Bundles dirt-cheap and even free in one of those Make Love Not War Sega Promo's.

EDIT:

Why doesn't Epic just cut to the chase and launch Epic Connect, so we can import our Steam libraries into our Epic accounts?
Ummmmmmmmm...are you trying to give Epic ideas here?

bread's done
Back