Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
For me, SR3 was when it really jumped the shark. And I loved every minute of it, as the game series to me finally found its identity.

With SR2, it was still a GTA clone - but didn't have the storytelling, narrative, etc it needed to be much more than a GTA clone. It had parody, jokes, etc - but it didn't go off the rails yet. SR3 took all of that stuff mentioned in this paragraph to another level, IMHO.

SR4 just took it even further to another level of over-the-top and ridiculous-ness. While I do prefer SR3 overall over SR4, I still had a blast w/ SR4 even despite its rehashing and remixing of some of the game-world.

Plus, VP Keith David as Keith David rules.

I usually agree with hal and the turtle about a lot of things, but not this one. I've only briefly tinkered with the first game in the series, which was never ported to PCs. I thorougly enjoyed the second game, relatively-straight GTA clone though it was. You could see the seeds of the series' later zaniness in side activities like Septic Avenger, where you took a pump truck and sprayed septage all over your enemies' parts of town. SR3 did go really over-the-top, and about as over-the-top as you thought they could do, but then Volition said, "Oh, yeah, you think we can't up the ante?! Well, we're just going to turn the entire world into a Matrix-style simulation and let you do whatever the f*ck you want, physics and common sense be damned. And why? Because, aliens, sucka!" I'm sorry, but I'm all over that. I haven't played Agents of Mayhem yet, but I would be all about SR5.

Not only is Keith David great, but SR4 includes a level that is an homage to the late "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, his once partner-in-crime in the classic John Carpenter B-movie They Live.

The big advantage that Saints Row 2 has over the Third is the city itself. Stilwater is a great virtual city, with different neighbourhoods and many unique locations scattered about. It could compete with GTA IV's Liberty City. By comparison, Steelport was bland.

The game filled a gap that was left by the direction that GTA IV had taken. I don't believe that kind of gap is there today, however. I'd be fine with a SR3 style game, but the map definitely should be more interesting than Steelport. Plus optimization should and needs to better. While SR3 was a much better PC port than 2, it was not up to par by 2011 standards.

Last edited by a moderator:
The big advantage that Saints Row 2 has over the Third is the city itself. Stilwater is a great virtual city, with different neighbourhoods and many unique locations scattered about. It could compete with GTA IV's Liberty City. By comparison, Steelport was bland.

The game filled a gap that was left by the direction that GTA IV had taken. I don't believe that kind of gap is there today, however. I'd be fine with a SR3 style game, but the map definitely should be more interesting than Steelport. Plus optimization should and needs to better. While SR3 was a much better PC port than 2, it was not up to par by 2011 standards.
GTA4 (base) got very realistic, which I think was a lot of people's problem w/ that one. Personally, I loved it and appreciated it for what it was (still my favorite story and some of my characters are here in GTA4, pretty much) - but yeah, SR2 was an amped-up old-school GTA3/VC/SA kind of game, but I don't think it found its identity yet IMHO.

I think GTA4 with each DLC got less and less grounded. The Lost and The Damned had bikes and didn't feel as grounded and didn't feel as realistic as GTA4 base, meanwhile Ballad of Gay Tony took it back to the zaniness of older GTA's & had similar vibes (music, clubs, characters, locations) and whatnot that made it feel like an awesome modern-day GTA: Vice City.

GTA5 was great though. Overall, this is probably to me the best GTA game. With a really good story & lots of great characters (yeah, I love the main cast here - Michael reminds me of Tommy Vicetti, Franklin reminds me a lot of CJ from GTA: SA, and Trevor is just bat-crap crazy & all kinds of awesome & insane like a wreckless GTA-player would play the game).

Still, VC (Vice City) is my favorite GTA game. The 80's music & radio stations, the introduction of bikes, the setting of Vice City, so many Scarface references - yeah, I can't help but love this game. To me, it felt like GTA took what was great from GTA3, improved on it, performed better than previous version of GTA3, and went the artsy route (all the 80's). Not the best GTA to me, but my personal favorite. I loved GTA3, but VC was the one for me that always stuck out.

I don't remember any of that stuff in Valkyria Chronicles.
No, I meant Vice City.

My post that's some 2 Posts up, has been edited to reflect that more clearly.

Valkyria Chronicles is still sitting untouched in my Steam backlog.

Fine. I'll take care of it this time.

BIT4TTM.gif

So many people talk about how MK is excessively violent and goes overboard with gore, but if you ask me, throwing turtle shells at other racers doesn't seem like anything worth getting up in arms over.

Microsoft is running a promo where new subscribers get their first 3 months of Xbox Game Pass PC for $4.99 or first month for $1. Outer Worlds comes out October 25th https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-beta/cfq7ttc0kgq8?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab
Was just coming here to post that. Three months also covers Gears 5 and there should be a handful of additional games added during Gamescom next week. I wasn't planning on resubbing until Outer Worlds but this is a no-brainer. 17 days left on the deal so I'll probably wait until the end of the month to jump on it.

Kotaku - Jason Schreier reports that Halo: Infinite's creative director Tim Longo has left 343 Studios:
https://kotaku.com/halo-infinite-creative-director-leaves-company-1837312778

Forbes - Anthem's lead producer Ben Irving leaves BioWare:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/08/15/anthems-lead-producer-is-leaving-bioware-after-eight-years/#56a1350228b5

PC Gamer - BioWare's lead producer Fernando Melo for DA4 (Morrison) leaves the company:
https://www.pcgamer.com/lead-producer-of-next-dragon-age-game-leaves-bioware/

For the game's 6th anniversary, Metanet Hunter CD is free on itch.io (direct download, no Steam key).

https://nightkawata.itch.io/metanet-hunter-cd

It's $1 on Steam, so that's 100% off for all you math majors out there.
Wrong, 100% off $1 is still $1. 1 x 1 = 2, so it's at most 50% off.

All these sheep take one math class in high school, and suddenly they think they know how it works...

Coming soon to Gamepass

Today -- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition

Thursday -- Ape Out, Kingdom Come: Deliverance

August 27 -- Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut

August 30 -- Blair Witch

September 5 -- Dead Cells

September 6 -- Creature in the Well

??? -- Stellaris

August 27 -- Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut
As someone who Kickstarted this, I am outraged at this disregard from the developers and feel this is a slap in the face to their supporters who funded this game.

Granted, it's been sitting in my library for a year now and I have yet to install it but, still, slap in the face, etc.

As someone who Kickstarted this, I am outraged at this disregard from the developers and feel this is a slap in the face to their supporters who funded this game.

Granted, it's been sitting in my library for a year now and I have yet to install it but, still, slap in the face, etc.
Did you guys that Kick'd this get Steam keys or regular DRM-FREE downloads?

If you got either of those: you have control over the game-folder - for modding them, moving, etc.

My issue w/ the XB PC GamePass and/or W10 Store is - it's a pain to try to own your game-folders. Pretty much, you're blocked-off from accessing them, modding them, etc. Would be nice, if they (Microsoft) changed this.

I also expect w/ most games these days - they will get devalued fast by tons of DLC's/Expansions/MTX's; a need to move units; or whatever so they can make some money ASAP...and end up as Epic Exclusive, in the XB GamePass, or Origin Insider, on UPlay+, Humble'd, Bundled somewhere, or something. A main reason I try not to fund or pre-order, or buy games ASAP

Sunset Overdrive, which is on my wishlist, is one of the titles in the pass. It might be a future Humble Monthly headliner, based on it being there and the overlap between titles there, given away on Epic Games Store, and in Humble Monthly bundles.

Man, I finally played Sunset Overdrive this weekend through game pass and it was so nice to finally be able to play an Insomniac game with m/kb. Then today Sony announced they're buying Insomniac. Oh, well, I'll happily take more Spiderman.

I'll admit... I did the exact same thing. I'm pissed. I spent money on this in the KS... oh wait.. I haven't even booted it up. :p

Also...

I thought the rat pic was Rat-pie or Rattie-can Pie. It took quite a bit for my mind to make the leap to Pie-rat. For that I am ashamed.

EasyWelltodoIndigobunting-small.gif

bread's done
Back