Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Where's muh Steam labor day sale?
https://store.steampowered.com/sale/devolver/?snr=1_4_4__118

giphy.gif

Fun Fact: Devolver has been a digital publisher for nearly as long as their games have been bundle fodder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished Blair Witch today (took about 8-10 hours, who knows). I really enjoyed it (gave me serious Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice vibes) and while I won't be playing it again for the different endings I'm really glad I gave it a shot.
Speaking of Bloober Team's horror/adventure games...

I just finished-up Observer, which took me a little over 9 hours to get through it.

I really enjoyed the story, characters, atmosphere, game-world, music, and graphics. Can't go wrong with Rutger Hauer on the voice-acting here either; he does a fine job here. This game, with its cyberpunk look and feel, feels like it's right out of Blade Runner (especially with Hauer here) or Deus Ex series.

Game looks fantastic, over on Unreal Engine 4 (UE4).

The horror sequences, when they happen, are crazy. Very trippy, surreal, and out of this world. Simply put: they're all awesome. Feels like some of the weird, horrific, and outlandish stuff you'd see in a David Lynch movie or TV series; and/or maybe something from Nicholas Winding Refn (i.e. see Fear X).

Game does some interesting & outlandish stuff, in those twisted sequences - hard to not want to see where this game takes things, with its weirdness, twisted-ness, and outstanding graphics. It's always jaw-dropping and interesting with this stuff, to say the least. The detective gameplay is cool, where you examine areas, crime scenes, people, and whatnot - trying to figure out what's going on; trying to piece stuff together. The puzzles are fine and all, but not difficult at all - so those looknig for difficult puzzles will probably be disappointed. There's even a side mini-game and a few small side-quests to take on, too. There is a point, when you will make an important decision, too. All and all, a lot of this adventure game's content is really good.

But, then there's the (awful) stealth sequences. Granted, there aren't many - but there's still too many in the game. The game doesn't even feel like it needs these...as they can be frustrating at times, feel like you maybe got lucky and accidentally took the "right" path, or whatever (as these failures can result in a "Game Over" and "Load Last Save" sequences). These often feel out of place, given that the rest of the stuff in the game gets so right (i.e. almost everything else).

Another thing is this: this just ain't always the best-running & best-optimized game, here on UE4. Even on my i7 7700, 16 GB RAM, 6GB GTX 1060, W10 x64 at 1080p - it would sometimes take hits from 60fps down to 30fps, here and there. I took more framerate issues on my aging desktop with i7 950, 16 GB of RAM, GTX 970, W7 x64, which was slapping me from 40fps to even 25fps at times. All of this was at High settings on both PC's, BTW.

Complaints aside, I really enjoyed a lot of what mostly Observer had to offer up. If they could've gotten rid of the awful stealth sequences and rid of some of these performance issues, this could've been amazing. It's close, though; it ain't perfect. It's a flawed gem and easy to recommend, despite its shortcomings.

Despite its shortcomings, this is an experience definitely worth plugging into.

I went from being a console gamer to a PC gamer, and I prefer using a controller if at at possible, so using a mouse to play certain games was starting to become a headache for me.  So, I decided to buy one of these Logitech K400 keyboards with the touchpad built in.

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=logitech+k400

I'm taking it on a maiden voyage today to see how much I like it.  I already know that it won't work well for games that require fast movement with the mouse (You Must Build A Boat and 1000000 will be impossible to play with the touchpad), but I'm hoping that it will make it easier for me to play adventure and strategy games that don't require fast movements.  

I'll report back after I try it out.

the k400 is a good standby to have for any situation since it usually works with anything (linux, android, win, etc) so its a good kbm in a pinch. I used one with the htpc for a while and yea it can work ok for slower games and generic living room use

Id recommend a razer turret if you want a real living room kbm, however it looks like they got rid of the pc version and now have some xbox version so no clue if it works with pc, and jacked up the price 100$ to boot. It used to be worth it during their 50% off sales to get a living room full kbm setup for ~75$, but 250$ meh, you can probably cobble something together better yourself

the k400 is a good standby to have for any situation since it usually works with anything (linux, android, win, etc) so its a good kbm in a pinch. I used one with the htpc for a while and yea it can work ok for slower games and generic living room use

Id recommend a razer turret if you want a real living room kbm, however it looks like they got rid of the pc version and now have some xbox version so no clue if it works with pc, and jacked up the price 100$ to boot. It used to be worth it during their 50% off sales to get a living full kbm setup for ~75$, but 250$ meh, you can probably cobble something together better yourself
Thanks for the suggestion. I'd go with the Razer Turret if I could afford it. I've got a low-end rig for older AAA games and modern indie games, and I didn't invest very much money into it at all. In fact, I only bought it so that I could take advantage of bundles and Steam sales. So I couldn't see myself investing that much money into a keyboard. But you're right. The K400 was only $19.99, and it does what it's supposed to do. I've been playing Monster Slayers with it for the past hour, and it works just fine. It's also very small, and it would be great for travel. I'm going to try it out with my Shield TV later just to see how well it works with Android.

I still can't believe that Tool released a new album this weekend and that I cannot buy it anywhere.
If The House that Bezos built did their duty, mine awaits my return at the old casa. Hoping to God they packaged it properly because if the physical copies remain as hard to find as they are now (doubtful) that sucker stays sealed and will hopefully mature into my retirement fund. I also have a Kubrick coffee table book which includes a film frame from a print of 2001, that Stan supposedly owned, in my portfolio, as well.

#delusions

Hey all,

building a rgb mad box with the girlfriend.  anybody have any suggestions for sale parts?  We already have a 2700x and mobo.  We looked for that 2070 at BBY but it's not available in the city.

Hey all,

building a rgb mad box with the girlfriend. anybody have any suggestions for sale parts? We already have a 2700x and mobo. We looked for that 2070 at BBY but it's not available in the city.
IMO, Deep Cool makes the best (and most reasonably priced) RGB case fans.

Since some of y'all are mentioning the Logitech K400, I wish there was a wired version of this. I always seem to say this about wireless devices.

Anyways, is there anything similar out there that's Keyboard with a built-in touchpad that's actually any good?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd go with the Razer Turret if I could afford it. I've got a low-end rig for older AAA games and modern indie games, and I didn't invest very much money into it at all. In fact, I only bought it so that I could take advantage of bundles and Steam sales. So I couldn't see myself investing that much money into a keyboard. But you're right. The K400 was only $19.99, and it does what it's supposed to do. I've been playing Monster Slayers with it for the past hour, and it works just fine. It's also very small, and it would be great for travel. I'm going to try it out with my Shield TV later just to see how well it works with Android.
I'm the opposite. I can't stand touchpad. I have a laptop that can play low level games and I still hook up a mouse to it. I do like a controller for some stuff though. The steam controller has a tiny janky touchpad thing but it sucks. Ds4 also has a little touchpad on it but nothing I'd actually want to game with.

Since some of y'all are mentioning the Logitech K400, I wish there was a wired version of this. I always seem to say this about wireless devices.

Anyways, is there anything similar out there that's Keyboard with a built-in touchpad that's actually any good?
It would be nice if the K400 had a detachable cord or if they made two versions of it (one wired and one wireless), but I think that I probably would have left it in the store if it had a cord. I play my PC games on my 40" TV, so I needed something to better accommodate the space between myself and the computer and the TV. On games such as Monster Slayers, the lag is just fine since Monster Slayers is a card game, but I probably won't use it for anything that requires faster movement. And it's small enough to toss into a bag if I go on a trip out of town. The other two keyboards that I've used since I've own this PC are huge by comparison.

I'm the opposite. I can't stand touchpad. I have a laptop that can play low level games and I still hook up a mouse to it. I do like a controller for some stuff though. The steam controller has a tiny janky touchpad thing but it sucks. Ds4 also has a little touchpad on it but nothing I'd actually want to game with.
I own a Steam controller, but the damn thing eats batteries, so I don't use it very often. But it works well enough on games that use mouse control. But I hate it for racing games because the placement of the triggers is odd. I go back to my Power A Xbox One controller whenever I play those types of games.

Two things:

1) Thank you to everyone who recommended the Danganronpa and Zero Escape games last month. So far they've turned out to be so much more interesting and entertaining than I ever would've expected.

2) fuck you to everyone who recommended the Danganronpa and Zero Escape games last month. Beause of you I'm now hooked on not one but two visual novel series and at the moment have little desire to play anything else.

Two things:

1) Thank you to everyone who recommended the Danganronpa and Zero Escape games last month. So far they've turned out to be so much more interesting and entertaining than I ever would've expected.

2) fuck you to everyone who recommended the Danganronpa and Zero Escape games last month. Beause of you I'm now hooked on not one but two visual novel series and at the moment have little desire to play anything else.
I was curious what these games were until I hit the words "visual novel" and then I was no longer curious. :speaktothehand:

In GOOD GAME news, I just noticed Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak is $5.62 in this bundle if you already own the Homeworld Remastered Collection. Tremendous looking RTS. Tremendous, although potentially a future Humble Monthly inclusion I guess. Who knows? Certainly not BidenDog, he's a low IQ individual. :dunce:

I was curious what these games were until I hit the words "visual novel" and then I was no longer curious. :speaktothehand:

In GOOD GAME news, I just noticed Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak is $5.62 in this bundle if you already own the Homeworld Remastered Collection. Tremendous looking RTS. Tremendous, although potentially a future Humble Monthly inclusion I guess. Who knows? Certainly not BidenDog, he's a low IQ individual. :dunce:
PRIME material for a space program if I ever saw one, PutinCat!

Yoku is on Twitch Prime now. Team17 stuff continues to be on there quite frequently. My Time at Portia would be a nice future addition.

It reminds of Twitch's desktop app interface which I don't like very much. I kind of like the utilitarian way it looks right now. Of course it's impossible to find anything, but that's more cause of my mass amount of applications than anything else. I never would have imagined what my Steam library would bubble into hah.

Deadly Premonition 2 is coming next year to the Switch:

https://youtu.be/GHJaGBK1JW8

Info about Deadly Premonition 2:
- Some of the game will take place in Boston (like D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die), with Aaliyah Davis investigating an old serial killer case.
- Some of the game will also take place in New Orleans with Francis "York" Morgan (the lead character from Deadly Premonition 1), some 14 years earlier.
- Both stories will take them both on a "winding path".
- Swery is indeed the director & writer for DP2 - https://twitter.com/Swery65/status/1169391528772399104

Ummm... I hope so..
The take-away is the details & them being transparent.

They plan to have free DLC's like W3 had. Most companies charged for small DLC's.

The MP, it's been an on-going thing w/ CP2077, whether the game was going to ship w/ MP or not; or if they would just ditch the component completely. Now we know, it's coming post launch.

Also, there was the whole W3 issue w/ DLC's being free....yet charged for Expansions. They never did Expansions before for their games (i.e. see W1+2), so...some didn't expect W3 to get Expansions; and some games have kind of muddled what the meaning of DLC's are (i.e. some DLC's are meaty like KOA:R's, Skyrim, GTA4) - so some might say DLC's and Expansions are the same thing in this digital world.

So, now we know CP2077 will get some SP content, which probably will be Expansions. And likely, those will cost $.

I think the point is: CDP's letting everyone know their plans, so there ain't backlash or confusions on things; and so they're transparent about everything.

bread's done
Back