Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Rage 2 on sale on Steam.  66% off at $19.79.  That didn't take long.  Worth 20 bucks?

I forgot this was even on Steam.  I just assumed it was Epic exclusive.  But Bethesda, so Bethesda Launcher.  At least they put the games on Steam.  I came close to pre-ordering Doom Eternal until I realized it would be only on Bethesda Launcher from anywhere else than Steam.

Rage 2 on sale on Steam. 66% off at $19.79. That didn't take long. Worth 20 bucks?

I forgot this was even on Steam. I just assumed it was Epic exclusive. But Bethesda, so Bethesda Launcher. At least they put the games on Steam. I came close to pre-ordering Doom Eternal until I realized it would be only on Bethesda Launcher from anywhere else than Steam.
Just about four more months until Borderlands 3 is $20. :D/

You'd think that, but, no. I wasn't that interested in Lord British's games the first time around.
Honestly the same. I only played one of the Ultima games when it was new-ish. I did play some of the other classics, though, like Wizardry and others I can't remember the name of all before the Gold Box games.

This is a confusing statement. Wouldn't Doom and Destiny 2 have been conventional PC builds, as these were series that lived on PCs? Why would they be viewed as ports in this context?
If you're getting really technical about this - then yes, you're right. Gears 5, Doom 2016, and Destiny 2 weren't really technically "PC ports"; they were just straight-up "PC versions."

EDIT:

And another 6-10 months before it's in a Humble. Circle of life.
tenor.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
whatever, I was LARPing while you were still in diapers.
So what you’re saying is he smelled considerably better than you at the time.

If you're getting really technical about this - then yes, you're right. Gears 5, Doom 2016, and Destiny 2 weren't really technically "PC ports"; they were just straight-up "PC versions."

EDIT:
tenor.gif
I’m just gonna say it, Mufasa is a shitty parent. Who lets a crazy baboon hold their newborn over a cliff?

Rage 2 on sale on Steam. 66% off at $19.79. That didn't take long. Worth 20 bucks?
As someone who was stupid hyped for this game and is a HUGE Rage 1 fan, as well as all things fps post apoc, for $20 I say: barely. The world is not very interesting. Driving around isn't terribly engaging. The combat is it's only saving factor, but still feels so-so after awhile. Others might feel differently, more lenient to the game's shortcomings, but I give RAGE 2 - 3 disappointments out of 5

As someone who was stupid hyped for this game and is a HUGE Rage 1 fan, as well as all things fps post apoc, for $20 I say: barely. The world is not very interesting. Driving around isn't terribly engaging. The combat is it's only saving factor, but still feels so-so after awhile. Others might feel differently, more lenient to the game's shortcomings, but I give RAGE 2 - 3 disappointments out of 5
Did not notice it's already $20. Mildly tempted. But if it's already $20 now, you know it'll be $10 by the Winter sale and/or packaged with DLC (unless that's been cancelled).

... The world is not very interesting. Driving around isn't terribly engaging. The combat is it's only saving factor...
This sounds a whole lot like the original RAGE, except instead of doing the right thing and dialing back on the unnecessary open world, they doubled down and made it even larger and more barren.

Aside from difficulty properly seating my HDD in the case and eventually throwing my hands up and abandoning the third-party CPU cooler I paid $80 for, wiring was one of the trickiest bits about my last build. It seems harder than it should be to get everything tucked away neatly.
Cable management with an s-load of hard drives.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuMkFLoXMeI

My first RPG was Pokemon.
I think that was mine too, unless you count The Legend of Zelda as an RPG, or Zelda II (I've heard ppl on both sides).

So, it's out in the wild.  Is Borderlands 3 awful? 
I'm not likely going to be buying it until the obvious pile of DLC is bundled with it and it's like 80% off, because well... look at the rest of the franchise. 

The review situation seems weird- people are either praising it or absolutely tearing it apart, with very little middle ground. 

So, it's out in the wild. Is Borderlands 3 awful?
I read a couple of reviews today....It's pretty much what we expected. Which is more of the same.

I really want to play it but I can't support incomplete and overpriced versions of a game from a publisher that I dislike that much. It's going to sting when everybody's talking about it and I'm not playing it. Maybe I'll cave. But I can't support an immature, 33 hour, open-ended loot treadmill for $60 knowing that I'm going to have to buy a bunch of more content later. Especially when its digital-only on PC.

Honestly, I wonder how their PC sales are going to do? Are all the Fortnite kiddies going to pick this up?? 2K will probably just point to the strong console sales instead. I haven't been this torn on a new release in awhile.

Wish publishers did a better job. :whistle2:|

It's going to sting when everybody's talking about it and I'm not playing it.
hate to sound like crotchety gramps, but that shit has become less prevalent for me the older i've gotten. i hardly give a fuck what anyone else is playing right now. i loved BL 1 and 2 and will probably get 3 when i feel like it, ie when it's cheaper. but you know what i'm playing now? diablo 3... for xbox, cuz i already finished the season on pc. and i'm a crazy person.

I'mma be honest about BL3.  While 1-2 were enjoyable.. they have entirely too much extra.  And given the history of the series, I'm going to pass.

1)  Too much DLC added in the future.  We all know it's coming, pucker up.

2)  Epic Store.  No thanks.  I'll stick to Steam.  The couple of things I've done through Epic have left a bad impression.

3)  Depreciation.  You know this'll have a GOTY edition at half the price.  Unless I was going to actively play it RIGHT NOW, I can't see it.  And I'm not.  I have other games I'm currently involved in (Battletech, Dragon Quest Builders 2, etc).  Finite time means finite purchases at full price.  if they wanna make it 60% off?  Maybe I'd bite.  Maybe.

Now that you've read the opinion of a random dude on the internet, how do you feel?

Digital was supposed to be a better deal for both parties.   Not become a vehicle solely for publishers to squeeze more profits out through a singular distribution channel.   Noteworthy PC game releases have only gotten more expensive since they stopped carrying them at stores.  It's a bad deal for consumers.

I'm waiting for the eventual Borderlands 3 GOTY Remastered Edition coming in two console generations. Nothing like paying full price for something that came out ten years ago.

All this Borderlands talk:

I'm so far behind on this series (still have to tackle BL2's Season Pass and ALL BL: TPS + Season Pass content), have such a big backlog already, inevitable BL3 Passes and GOTY Re-Release, and many other reasons - yep, I'm also going to wait on it.

Digital was supposed to be a better deal for both parties. Not become a vehicle solely for publishers to squeeze more profits out through a singular distribution channel. Noteworthy PC game releases have only gotten more expensive since they stopped carrying them at stores. It's a bad deal for consumers.
By "carrying in stores" are you referring to physical copies or exclusivity? Because I don't see any evidence for the former--by and large, physical copies of PC games have gone the way of the dinosaur for the last 5-10 years. We're pretty much living in a digital world now, so places like GameStop are dying off or reduced to becoming game-themed Spencer's Gifts stores. However, if you've been to a store that had more than an endcap's worth of PC games on shelves, it cannot have been in the recent past. I don't think the price structure of PC games has changed much in that timeframe. Anything publishers consider to be a AAA game largely has parity with console versions--it starts at $50-60. Other things vary wildly. Anything that's not AAA has a vanishingly small chance of actually getting any kind of physical edition at all in American markets at least.

By "carrying in stores" are you referring to physical copies or exclusivity? Because I don't see any evidence for the former--by and large, physical copies of PC games have gone the way of the dinosaur for the last 5-10 years. We're pretty much living in a digital world now, so places like GameStop are dying off or reduced to becoming game-themed Spencer's Gifts stores. However, if you've been to a store that had more than an endcap's worth of PC games on shelves, it cannot have been in the recent past. I don't think the price structure of PC games has changed much in that timeframe. Anything publishers consider to be a AAA game largely has parity with console versions--it starts at $50-60. Other things vary wildly. Anything that's not AAA has a vanishingly small chance of actually getting any kind of physical edition at all in American markets at least.
I'm referring to boxed copies of steam/digital codes where I can buy them for $48 at Best Buy with GCU, 10%+5% off at Target, B2G1 weekly sale thrice annually at Target, etc. I didn't used to feel bad buying a $59.99 MSRP game for $36-48 that would depreciate to $20 in four months. We used to have choices.

I am going to buy CrossCode this weekend for 40% off though.  I heard great things about this game last fall, it's been high on my wishlist, and I've been waiting for it to go on sale since then.  CrossCode looks like an easy recommendation for anyone that was into Chrono Trigger styled graphics and soundtrack along with Ys action-rpg gameplay.  Apparently it's supposed to be awesome.  *weeb alert*

Digital was supposed to be a better deal for both parties. Not become a vehicle solely for publishers to squeeze more profits out through a singular distribution channel. Noteworthy PC game releases have only gotten more expensive since they stopped carrying them at stores. It's a bad deal for consumers.
Like anything else, business always wins...in the end.

For me: for PC gaming and electronics, first it was at retail, Circuit City killing everybody w/ good deals. Then, they become the electronics store around here...and well, their prices become to suck for a while. Then, Best Buy challenged them at retail - CC had to try to get competitive again. Best Buy was great for a while at retail for PC gaming (early 2000's) - then, they killed CC and CompUSA. Of course, Amazon also played a big hand in this too - as they became the WalMart's of the Internet and became and still are killing a lot of stores off...since they pretty much sell anything and everything.

Once digital distribution killed retail for PC games, it became the new normal. No more $60-100 at retail, now it's $60-100 at digital. They sell the new style cheap (i.e. digital distribution), to get you into the door (metaphorical door here). Once they (Steam, GOG, etc) have you in the digital door, back to normal pricing schemes.

Steam became the new WalMart's of digital distribution...and now their sales suck. Especially since they dominated the market and even more so now w/ refunds allowed.

Now, we have Bundle web-sites offering some of the best deals - like Fanatical and Humble.

So, yep - now it's $60-100 or more for new digital games day 1, instead of retail - depends on if you buy Deluxe Edition, Gold Edition w/ Season Passes, Ultimate Edition, Super Duper Digital Awesome Collection Edition, etc etc.

Also, with PC gaming getting much easier to the end-user, PC gaming becoming more common, and even less niche - yep, prices are going to....get "meh" here.

Now the new thing is everybody wants to do their own PC gaming version of Netflix - i.e. Microsoft Xbox Live for PC Game Pass, UPLAY+, Origin Insider, etc etc.

[Sarcasm]

Can't wait 'til they try to pull this crap w/ PC-game streaming from their servers too...and to the point they finally get it to perform well, too.

[/sarcasm]

So, I'm a fair deal into Gears 5 (XBox for PC Game Pass), now into Act 2.

So, Gears has always been a linear cover-shooter. And yes, Gears 1 and 4, to me, were awesome cover-shooters. Gears 5 represents this in its first Act as JD is the lead here (just like in Gears 4), reminding us how great the series is with its combat, action, pacing & shooting. If you wanted more Gears, you're flat-out going to love this Act.

Well...then, there's Act 2.

Act 2 changes things up a bit. Yup, not only changing things up w/ its lead character here as Kait (who was in Gears 4, but wasn't that game's lead) as the lead for Act 2, but also with its design...at least so far. Like Metro: Exodus and Rage 1 that tried to do its own thing with a somewhat semi-open world, this does some similar stuff. Metro: Exodus had cars, trucks, and a train even; and Rage 1 had their own vehicles - meanwhile Gears 5 has a skiff, which is how you get around the big semi-open world in this Act. The side quests/side missions feel like...well, their own linear main-style and hand-crafted missions, dungeons and/or levels.

It's really just a matter of "Do I travel there and do that level and/or quest" or not? Often, it's here for your benefit - you might get a new special skill for yourself, robot, upgrade equipment,  interesting banter and/or something. It doesn't feel like it's doing the "Oh, just kill off 5 guys" UbiSoft open-world type of side quest stuff - no, they seem to tie into the game-world, characters, skill-sets, and/or somehow and someway.

I'm really enjoying this game...and also curious where Act 3 is going to go with this game.

So, it's out in the wild. Is Borderlands 3 awful?
Mooby hasn't posted today which means one of two things.

1. He really likes the game and has been playing it all day.

2. He hates the game and has been watching other people play on twitch and youtube.

I am going to buy CrossCode this weekend for 40% off though. I heard great things about this game last fall, it's been high on my wishlist, and I've been waiting for it to go on sale since then. CrossCode looks like an easy recommendation for anyone that was into Chrono Trigger styled graphics and soundtrack along with Ys action-rpg gameplay. Apparently it's supposed to be awesome. *weeb alert*
II don't know. 40% off doesn't seem as good as in a bundle with nine other games for $4.99.

Early access.

EDIT:

I think they pulled the game from the bundle after the first few days...
Nah it stayed in the bundle, but it was bundled during early access and the publisher bundled it without the dev knowing about it. Either way, it's not easy to find a bundle key for it now.

Would never buy BL3 -- or anything -- on Epic.  Although from what I've read the humor is more juvenile than BL2 which doesn't make me want to play it.

Would never buy BL3 -- or anything -- on Epic. Although from what I've read the humor is more juvenile than BL2 which doesn't make me want to play it.
nice, was going to wait for a sale, the humor in bl2 was too heady and i didn't understand it. needed something more memey and dumber for idiots like myself this is now a day 1 buy

CrossCode looks like an easy recommendation for anyone that was into Chrono Trigger styled graphics and soundtrack along with Ys action-rpg gameplay.
I've also heard good things.. though not really expecting a product of that description. It's on pc game pass, near the top of my que (well above gears 5)

Nah it stayed in the bundle, but it was bundled during early access and the publisher bundled it without the dev knowing about it. Either way, it's not easy to find a bundle key for it now.
Sure, not easy to find now. But Steam says 99 of my friends have it in their library.

bread's done
Back