Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Took me about 15 min to be glad I didn't purchase Rage 2 on launch.  It is that same floaty movement that I hated in Doom and Half-Life 2.  Something about it just drives me bonkers.

I dunno, RAGE 2's combat feels great to me.

Runs great here too.

Sure, story & character stuff don't seem exciting or anything - but running around, driving around, shooting enemies, and using super-powers in what feels like a combo of an Id Software style shooter & Avalanche style game just feels like a blast, after about 58 minutes of this thing.

Hopefully, it can keep the pace, momentum, and variety going.

Street Fighter V Champion Edition in February

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS5R1g1U_Jw

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for inevitable Super Ultra Street Fighter V: Alpha Championship Turbo Arcade Edition w/ everything...

Age of Empires 4 will have expansion DLC but not MTX.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/age-of-empires-4/dlc-expansions

Age of Empires 4 won’t have microtransactions or in-app purchases
age-of-empires-4-city-580x334.jpg

Age of Empires 4 will be arriving with a new business model, giving players the option to either outright purchase the game or play it as part of Microsoft’s subscription-based Game Pass service. But one thing it won’t have is microtransactions or in-app purchases.

“The idea of microtransactions in a real-time strategy game isn’t a thing,” said Age of Empires creative director Adam Isgreen at XO19 in London. “DLC, expansions – all of that is things that we’re going to be exploring for Age 4.”

In fact, Isgreen said Microsoft’s new dedicated Age of Empires studio World’s Edge is looking into expansion content for all the Age of Empires games, which includes Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition, which launched this past week.

As far as what that expansion content will look like, Isgreen says that’s in many ways down to the games’ player communities. As an example, he said, new civilisations probably won’t be coming to Age of Empires II, since it already has 35.

“Our pro players are even like, please don’t add more civilisations, please do other things,” he said.

“But we want to have those conversations with the community, to figure out what we can add,” he said. “What are the things they want to see in the game? Things like game modes.”

Isgreen says they’ll be starting those conversations up with fans as the team shifts its focus to Age of Empires III, and that the approach for Age of Empires 4 will be no different.

“While we definitely already have ideas in terms of where we want to go past Age 4, in terms of expansions and stuff, a lot of that is going to be driven by the community and the players, where they want to see the game going,” Isgreen explained.

We still don’t know when the Age of Empires 4 release date is going to be, but in the meantime you can check out our Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition review.

i started playing super daryl deluxe, it was a game that came in a humble bundle a few months ago...it's a metroidvania-ish game, it's decent. good art style, varied environments, fun enough combat, seems to be a fair amount of content...i give it like a 7/10 so far or so

(Speaking of the Division I finally got my Merciless to drop the other day. yay me!)
Time to work that Merciless/Spark build!

Speaking of, I had some random guy request an invite to our clan this weekend. I accepted since it's not as though you can steal the clan coffers or anything in this game and worst he can do is realize that we have few active players, get bored and leave. Still, if it was anyone here, let me know just so I'm not forever wondering how our clan got picked for an invite request.

With a little over 39h, after last night, The Outer Worlds (PC / Xbox for PC Game Pass) is now in the books as completed, after my first playthrough.
[...]
Easy GOTY Nomination from me...and likely, My Personal Pick for 2019 GOTY, as long as nothing else spectacular gets played and/or finished by December 31st, 2019.
I started this with hopeful expectations, got into the space station after the first town and then... just stopped playing. Maybe I should give it another go but something failed to hook me.

Tried Rage 2 the other night and, again, maybe I need to give it another chance or two but I wasn't feeling any love. Which is weird because I enjoyed the last couple Far Cry games and Mad Max and liked BL2 enough to finish it (though no excitement for BL3) so this should fit snugly into the same spot. Maybe it's too XX-Treme!!! for me in presentation or something. All I know is that I did the tutorial intro, drove around, opened some roadblock barrier and then thought "That's nice" and played something else.

On the plus side, Game Pass is paying dividends in showing me games that I thought I'd like but turns out I don't without being tricked into actually buying them.

Age of Empires 4 will have expansion DLC but not MTX.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/age-of-empires-4/dlc-expansions
Good news, although it would have been weird for it to have those, like the story says. I haven't jumped into AoEII:DE yet. I fooled around with the first DE and was getting my ass kicked by the AI. A new AoEII campaign could be fun, if I don't now completely suck at RTSes in my old age. I guess I'll find out in the near future.

The teaser trailer for AoE IV was weird. It could easily have been a trailer for the AoEII:DE release. I was expecting to see some different time periods than we've seen in previous games. While everything looks nice and Relic generally does a good job with these kinds of offerings (the curiously-structured campaign of Dawn of War III notwithstanding--still haven't finished that), I figured we'd move somewhere beyond the colonization of the Americas with a new iteration in the series--maybe something that leads to the world wars and the associated technologies? Aircraft would be a real game-changer.

Anybody remember this?

YFvLorM3goJMlgKtNEjc8kCS3IodR5NgGl3hDUmIceE.jpg

I figured we'd move somewhere beyond the colonization of the Americas with a new iteration in the series--maybe something that leads to the world wars and the associated technologies? Aircraft would be a real game-changer.
Agreed, this is why I keep hoping for a rise of nations DE, always like RoN much better than AoE

Far cry primal is 6 bucks on steam right now, i think that's the lowest i've seen it. think i'm gonna pick it up
I recently started playing that. It starts out pretty promising, but then sort of just turns into gimped far cry with limited weapons because well, Primal. I think as long as you go in not expecting a survival game (which is how they advertised it in some ways) you should be fine. Caveman Far Cry is all it is.

Also, just a heads up everyone, this is my one and only official account. If you get contacted by any other accounts claiming to be me they are impostors!

I recently started playing that. It starts out pretty promising, but then sort of just turns into gimped far cry with limited weapons because well, Primal. I think as long as you go in not expecting a survival game (which is how they advertised it in some ways) you should be fine. Caveman Far Cry is all it is.

Also, just a heads up everyone, this is my one and only official account. If you get contacted by any other accounts claiming to be me they are impostors!
Quien es este?

Time to work that Merciless/Spark build!
When I had a clan I use to get people joining all the time but it was set to pubic... I dropped my own clan because their interface is horrible. You have no idea who is active and who isn't.

I already have spark ready... I just need a better backpack or I need to realize 60% crt chance with an Assault Rifle isn't going to work.

Forgot to mention Storybundle is running another video game book bundle. HG101 books in this bundle are Guide to Retro Horror and Star-Fox/F-Zero. $15 for the bundle and ends in about 3 days.

Link

Any of you gentle, cheap Asses watching for good NVMe deals with Black Friday approaching? Hoping for a decent 2TB, but might settle for 2 x 1TB depending on the brand/cost/speed/etc.

Any of you gentle, cheap Asses watching for good NVMe deals with Black Friday approaching? Hoping for a decent 2TB, but might settle for 2 x 1TB depending on the brand/cost/speed/etc.
Seems like right now its ~100 for 1tb, 200 for 2tb. I recently picked up a microcenter one, https://www.microcenter.com/product/608649/Premium_2TB_SSD_3D_NAND_M2_2280_PCIe_NVMe_30_x4_Internal_Solid_State_Drive

You can also find the intel 660p's for cheaper, however keep in mind a lot of the ones that are going to be cheaper are going to be this newer QLC flash. When compared to the older TLC like in the microcenter and slightly more expensive ones, QLC is going to be 50% of the speed and 1/10 of the lifetime (theres a reason they a cheaper, easier to make but with some big downsides)

Seems like right now its ~100 for 1tb, 200 for 2tb. I recently picked up a microcenter one, https://www.microcenter.com/product/608649/Premium_2TB_SSD_3D_NAND_M2_2280_PCIe_NVMe_30_x4_Internal_Solid_State_Drive

You can also find the intel 660p's for cheaper, however keep in mind a lot of the ones that are going to be cheaper are going to be this newer QLC flash. When compared to the older TLC like in the microcenter and slightly more expensive ones, QLC is going to be 50% of the speed and 1/10 of the lifetime (theres a reason they a cheaper, easier to make but with some big downsides)
Inland wasn't even on my radar and based on several Amazon reviews the read/write speeds are better than advertised. Nice. Might run over to MC in a bit.

Edit: Negative. MC via Amazon is selling it for only $5 more. Use some Bing bux and now I'll get it today and I won't have to put clothes on/waste gas. Win

Inland wasn't even on my radar and based on several Amazon reviews the read/write speeds are better than advertised. Nice. Might run over to MC in a bit.

Edit: Negative. MC via Amazon is selling it for only $5 more. Use some Bing bux and now I'll get it today and I won't have to put clothes on/waste gas. Win
Wait

MC will not honor warranties for things purchased via amazon (at least this is what Ive heard), just go to the store. If you do have troubles you might have a lot of problems trying to get things fixed. If you just get it at MC its an easy return/swap/whatever

Wait

MC will not honor warranties for things purchased via amazon (at least this is what Ive heard), just go to the store. If you do have troubles you might have a lot of problems trying to get things fixed. If you just get it at MC its an easy return/swap/whatever
You're saying MC will make a return/swap after the standard 30 day return period on these? Is Inland owned by MC or partnered somehow?

Edit:
They've shipped it. I'll hold off on installing it until I can get warranty clarification from the manufacturer

You're saying MC will make a return/swap after the standard 30 day return period on these? Is Inland owned by MC or partnered somehow?

Edit:
They've shipped it. I'll hold off on installing it until I can get warranty clarification from the manufacturer
Yea Id just double check with them. When I investigated nvme's a few months back I looked up reviews on these and they were all great, but the one thing was people who ordered them on amazon on the hardocp forums having some issues

Everything you said is technically correct. There is, however, an opinion that none of this makes any *practical* difference. Yes the endurance is less, but you're not likely to get anywhere near the endurance limit before the tech is obsolete. True, the benchmark speed is less, but they have firmware/cache tricks that mask that for everyday tasks. Really, the only time you'll see the SSD limited to the QLC speed is if you are doing SSD to SSD cloning/copying. There is a youtube guy (Tech Deals) who goes *really* in depth (some might say *too* in depth) on the 660p. I'd suggest listening to him before just writing off these QLC SSDs.

For the same price, yeah the Inland might be a better deal, though the Inlands have a 3yr warranty and the 660p has a 5 yr warranty if that means anything. Note, there is also a 2TB version of the 660p at the same $/GB ration for $200.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM4P4RrExJ0

BTW: I have an Inland SATA ssd in one of my laptops and it's fine.

Everything you said is technically correct. There is, however, an opinion that none of this makes any *practical* difference. Yes the endurance is less, but you're not likely to get anywhere near the endurance limit before the tech is obsolete. True, the benchmark speed is less, but they have firmware/cache tricks that mask that for everyday tasks. Really, the only time you'll see the SSD limited to the QLC speed is if you are doing SSD to SSD cloning/copying. There is a youtube guy (Tech Deals) who goes *really* in depth (some might say *too* in depth) on the 660p. I'd suggest listening to him before just writing off these QLC SSDs.
Yea I read them all (and watched). Id agree that in the future it might not be worth writing them off. However for right now, with almost no price difference, why get the lower spec product? If it was 75%, 50%, etc the price of TLC then sure an argument can be made, but when they are virtually the same price like they are right now there's no advantage to going QLC

Id rather take the faster longer life drive for a couple bucks more that I could reuse in a new build as a system drive and not have to worry about its longevity

Also you can hit those speed drops the moment you fill up its cache space. If you start doing a large transfer (or installing a large game), you can easily bump up against the space reserved for caching and the performance drop is hit. This is not something you are going to see installing windows, which is many tiny files that can easily be flushed from cache and is not one continuous stream

His benchmarks are meh at best. Installing windows........... from a usb flash drive ............... At best the only speed ups you get are during any unpacking stages that would have been done, and even then that speed up is only going to be on a fetch to put it in memory and the write back. GTAV is also a horrible demonstration of load times. You can look up tests people have done of regular ssd vs hdd load times on it and they are all over the place from 1min difference, to no difference, to 10sec difference

So you can still say, in the real world most people wont see a difference under some circumstances and not others, sure. But the price isnt there yet to justify QLC

Yes, I am probably going to buy this one. high-speed 3D NAND flash, at least 3,100 read / 2,800 write and < $100. I've heard that it's even faster.

Otherwise the Sabrent Rocket has been going on sale on Amazon too for $110-120. https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/dympzl/ssd_sabrent_rocket_1tb_nvme_m2_ssd_use_link_in/

People recommend other ones all the time and they're slower, and have worse flash memory.

For the same price, yeah the Inland might be a better deal, though the Inlands have a 3yr warranty and the 660p has a 5 yr warranty if that means anything. Note, there is also a 2TB version of the 660p at the same $/GB ration for $200.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM4P4RrExJ0

BTW: I have an Inland SATA ssd in one of my laptops and it's fine.
So you bought a slower Intel one huh?

See these are the mental gymnastics I read through whenever this topic comes up. Why would he not buy the faster NVMe drive.

This is the fuck ing Steam thread, not the hardware discussion thread!

Back on topic, 50% off online orders at Pizza Hut with code FIFTYOFF. Good through Sunday, Nov 24.

Tried Rage 2 the other night and, again, maybe I need to give it another chance or two but I wasn't feeling any love. Which is weird because I enjoyed the last couple Far Cry games and Mad Max and liked BL2 enough to finish it (though no excitement for BL3) so this should fit snugly into the same spot. Maybe it's too XX-Treme!!! for me in presentation or something. All I know is that I did the tutorial intro, drove around, opened some roadblock barrier and then thought "That's nice" and played something else.

On the plus side, Game Pass is paying dividends in showing me games that I thought I'd like but turns out I don't without being tricked into actually buying them.
With so many open-world action titles (especially from Ubi) and open-world shooters, have you ran through a ton of them?

I know after a lot of the Far Cry games, STALKER games, Homefront: TR, other Ubi games, Mad Max game, Just Cause games, and others - yeah, I know that I eventually get my fill of them, for the time being...and need to get away from them!

I hope RAGE 2 doesn't get too repetitive, or I don't know how long I'll last w/ that one. Shooting mechanics and action feels great - but I hope there's enough interesting stuff to do and variety to keep me going.

So you bought a slower Intel one huh?

See these are the mental gymnastics I read through whenever this topic comes up. Why would he not buy the faster NVMe drive.
No, I bought neither. I do not currently have a system that supports booting from an NVMe drive. However, when I was pricing out a new system, I ran into this question, because, at the time, the 1TB 660p was $20 cheaper than the Inland Professional at MicroCenter (Lat August/Early September). I started looking up reviews/tests to see if there was any reason to *not* save the $20. I came to the conclusion that the 660p would be 'good enough'.

Ultimately, it turned out that I did not *need* to build a new PC *right-then*, so I've held off. For the same price (as I said above) the Inland is the probably the better deal.

Yea Id just double check with them. When I investigated nvme's a few months back I looked up reviews on these and they were all great, but the one thing was people who ordered them on amazon on the hardocp forums having some issues
Can you link to the hardocp thread you're referencing? After looking at this drive and visiting their extremely basic "site" ( clicking Registration only gets you a 404) I emailed them.

Can you link to the hardocp thread you're referencing? After looking at this drive and visiting their extremely basic "site" ( clicking Registration only gets you a 404) I emailed them.
I think it was somewhere in this long ass thread, https://hardforum.com/threads/hot-inland-1tb-nvme-premium-109-w-tax-microcenter.1978390/

Just searching for amazon in there seems like plenty did order from amazon, so maybe it was just the non-US people or something?

FYI, IPSG is owned by Microcenter so if you have any questions about their stuff, you could try asking MC support.

Source: I used to work at the MC warehouse and then the Home Office. (Man, I miss that discount)

FYI, IPSG is owned by Microcenter so if you have any questions about their stuff, you could try asking MC support.

Source: I used to work at the MC warehouse and then the Home Office. (Man, I miss that discount)
Yeah, I'm going to email MC and ask them as specifically as possible, considering it's MC selling on Amazon.

Edit:
Ok, per the MC chat:

Me:

Recently I purchased 1 ea: Inland Premium 1TB SSD 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 Internal SSD SKU: 860312 through the Micro Center storefront on Amazon. From what I understand, Inland Premium (IPSG) is owned by Micro Center, so what options would I have if I run into any issues while under the 3 year warranty? I live roughly 30 minutes from the Denver Micro Center, so please include that with any possibilities. Thank you

Me has joined the chat

Thanks for your message. One of our Columbus, Ohio based Customer Support Specialists will assist you shortly.

Emily M has joined the chat

Her: Hello

Me: Hi

Her:
Because this item was purchased on Amazon, we will have to set up the warranty with our Corporate team

May I please have the Amazon order number, a valid e-mail for you and the serial number of the items

Me:
certainly, 1 moment

* Info, info info *

Her:
Thank you for that information. I've escalated this to our Corporate team and you can expect to see further instructions via e-mail within 24 hours or less

Me:
ok, thank you very much

Her:
You're welcome

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Me:
nope, that was all. Have a good night

-disconnected by Me-

Anyone have the scoop on what kind of ridiculous hoops Valve is going to ask us all to jump through next week in the Fall Sale?

honestly i've been using the epic store lately and i'm preferring it due to that type of bs. plus there's loads of exclusive content not available on steam. i still have a steam account but it's been unused for the past month.
Well we all know when you take 1 digital game marketplace (Epic) and multiply it by another digital game marketplace (Steam) we get 2 digital game marketplaces... Correct, gsdave3?

bread's done
Back