Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
That doesn't matter too much. Since the billing is daily they can simply raise the price at any time. Nothing is locked-in, right?
Right. They're just e-mail you ahead of time prior to any price changes. At best a handful of people will get GPU for $0.05/day for a day or two before it gets fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is zero chance microsoft goes ahead and charges all these cc's for 0.05 daily (which is a significant loss after fees).  I guess it's possible they keep it for people paying with MS account balance.  Or they might convert it to a monthly rate.

It's more probable that they kill everyone's 5 cent sub & apologize.  To try to offset impeding bad press they might say "sorry, here's a free shiny 3 months."  

The big thing I've taken away from all this is discovering there's a daily subscription. Why am I just hearing about this now? Has it always been there? Is it usually $0.50/day? Because that would be great if there's one or two short games you want to play over the course of a weekend.

Okay you card idling masters...  I got a problem but I know you all can solve it.

I'm enjoying the hell out of Path of Exiles but I have one problem...  The Steam version has serious issues with performance and patching (both go much faster on its stand alone client) but the stand alone client has an issue too...  It doesn't track game time so my hours played is stuck at 39 hours.  

So I'm hoping to idle Path of Exiles, and only Path of Exiles, I'm not looking to farm cards here...  So I need one that will make the time move but not stop idling a game because it has no card drops left. 

Anyone have any ideas? 

(Also I tried IdleMaster but even with its long list of troubleshooting tips I cannot get it to work.  It downloads my steam data but it still says its not connected to steam.

Okay you card idling masters... I got a problem but I know you all can solve it.

I'm enjoying the hell out of Path of Exiles but I have one problem... The Steam version has serious issues with performance and patching (both go much faster on its stand alone client) but the stand alone client has an issue too... It doesn't track game time so my hours played is stuck at 39 hours.

So I'm hoping to idle Path of Exiles, and only Path of Exiles, I'm not looking to farm cards here... So I need one that will make the time move but not stop idling a game because it has no card drops left.

Anyone have any ideas?

(Also I tried IdleMaster but even with its long list of troubleshooting tips I cannot get it to work. It downloads my steam data but it still says its not connected to steam.
ASF will do that.

You can have it idle any game by sending a command.

EDIT: You can set it up so it doesn't start farming immediately when you are running ASF by setting the "Paused" config to "true".

So, I want to buy both of the South Park games and get the Season Pass for Fractured.  

Trying to figure out the best way to do it, price-wise.  

It looks like buying Fractured: Gold Edition, then buying Stick of Truth via the bundle discount... maybe?  Anyone else do this while they are on sale?  

Question about the master chief collection on steam. I saw this on the product page.

This bundle includes all titles in the collection that will be delivered over time, beginning now with Halo: Reach and ending with Halo 4 in 2020.

I am confused by that. Does that mean if I buy it that I dont get all the games now and I have to wait for them to be unlocked over time? I want to buy it but jesus I want all my games.

Wow, that's hilarious.  Apparently they're going to stagger the release of the HALO games out over time.  Maybe they haven't even optimized/ported them all yet?

So, I want to buy both of the South Park games and get the Season Pass for Fractured.

Trying to figure out the best way to do it, price-wise.

It looks like buying Fractured: Gold Edition, then buying Stick of Truth via the bundle discount... maybe? Anyone else do this while they are on sale?
Just to let people know, you save 60 cents buying the Gold edition of Fractured first, and then buying the bundle.

It is CAG after all....

Question about the master chief collection on steam. I saw this on the product page.

This bundle includes all titles in the collection that will be delivered over time, beginning now with Halo: Reach and ending with Halo 4 in 2020.

I am confused by that. Does that mean if I buy it that I dont get all the games now and I have to wait for them to be unlocked over time? I want to buy it but jesus I want all my games.
They are staggering the Halo games in Chronological order for PC. That applies to both Steam and Windows 10 Apps. 343 said this would be the case when they announced this was coming to PC. Reason being that they want to avoid the issues that the original MCC had when the released it on Xbox. They had to scramble to fix the console version and it took a while. By releasing MCC in stages the team can address the single player and MP issues one game at a time.

It sucks but at least Halo is finally coming to PC after 12 years. Halo 2 was released on PC in 2007. They added a bunch of features for PC for games that were not initially made for the format. Mouse and keyboard support, unlocked framerates, variable framerates, etc. And mod support will be added in addition to Forge.

Fixed the fix...
Fixed the fixed fix.
giphy.gif

They are staggering the Halo games in Chronological order for PC. That applies to both Steam and Windows 10 Apps. 343 said this would be the case when they announced this was coming to PC. Reason being that they want to avoid the issues that the original MCC had when the released it on Xbox. They had to scramble to fix the console version and it took a while. By releasing MCC in stages the team can address the single player and MP issues one game at a time.

It sucks but at least Halo is finally coming to PC after 12 years. Halo 2 was released on PC in 2007. They added a bunch of features for PC for games that were not initially made for the format. Mouse and keyboard support, unlocked framerates, variable framerates, etc. And mod support will be added in addition to Forge.
Halo: Reach PC (W10 Version from XB for PC Game Pass) runs quite well (60fps maxed-out at 1080p on my 6GB GTX 1060m laptop) and combat feels smooth as silk here. Looks fine and all, w/ enhanced settings and all.

Though, the audio sounds too low & also sounds like it's low quality. Namely, the special effects for sounds don't sound right, lacking "oomph" and volume. I seriously have to turn down the in-game music volume settings, so I can hear the gun-shots, explosions, and whatnot. Was this an issue on the old XBox versions of this game and the MCC Remaster of this game on consoles?

Voice-acting / voice-work sounds fine though.

Though, there's no sub-titles for the in-game banter and chatter either.

Pretty good port for the most part, but they just really need to fix the sound effects issues & the lack of sub-titles for in-game the NPC's with their banter & chatter. Not a big deal - but, you know, it's obvious and all.

Destructoid & Kotaku - Here's the latest news on Bioshock 4.

Sources:
https://kotaku.com/sources-the-new-bioshock-has-been-in-the-works-for-yea-1840314561
https://www.destructoid.com/the-new-bioshock-game-is-nearly-half-a-decade-into-development-574625.phtml
https://www.destructoid.com/new-bioshock-title-confirmed-as-2k-reveals-new-studio-cloud-chamber-574598.phtml

Notes:
- 2K hired an external studio called Certain Affinity (from Austin, Texas) to work on Bioshock 4.
- Certain Affinity first started work in 2015 on Bioshock 4.
- Certain Affinity helped out on Call of Duty, Halo & Doom series.
- In 2017, the game got rebooted by 2K's new Cloud Chamber studio.
- Basically, 2K decided to just take the series back "in house".
- Cloud Chamber are two studios, in which there's one from San Francisco & another from Montreal.
- Kelly Gilmore is the leader of Cloud Chamber, who has worked w/ Firaxis on XCOM and Civ series.
- This new Bioshock will be in development for numerous years.

Bioshock 1 was my favorite game of that year and I revisit it frequently. 2 is better than it has any right to be, but it's not as good as 1. 3 was pure derp, extra emphasis on the "derp". I'm curious and cautiously optimistic about game 4, but not holding my breath.
fixed or/also projecting

I tried playing Bioshock for the first time the other day. Not impressed. Highly overrated in my opinion and I am the most stable of stable geniuses. Everyone knows it.

Beat Star Wars Fallen Order.

7.0 max. Screams mediocrity.

Worth $15 for one month of Access...no more.
It's sad it got high reviews based purely on the fact it was a game not Battlefront and had no microtransactions/loot boxes. People were just fucking desperate to rally behind the first decent SW game in ten years.

I already know damn well I'll be getting more enjoyment out of the new Lego SW game next year than I will with this game 4 hours in.

https://youtu.be/xNjGFUaorYc

I really hope Code: Veronica gets the same Remake treatment as 2 and 3.

It's sad it got high reviews based purely on the fact it was a game not Battlefront and had no microtransactions/loot boxes. People were just fucking desperate to rally behind the first decent SW game in ten years.

I already know damn well I'll be getting more enjoyment out of the new Lego SW game next year than I will with this game 4 hours in.
My friend has a conspiracy theory that it was a mandate from Disney for EA to put out a quality Star Wars game for once, with no MTXs or consumer backlash, or that they were going to yank the Star Wars license from them. (the license agreement extends to 2023, but Disney has say over developmental decisions).

bread's done
Back