Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Hello fellow nerds,

I'm kicking off my 12ish Days of Christmas Giveaway today. The first person to PM with the correct answer to the following question may choose any of the keys up for grabs today. The second person to PM with the correct answer may choose from what's left, until I have nothing left or a lack of interest prompts me to post the remaining key or keys.

Today's theme is RPGs. Up for grabs today:

Pillars of Eternity
Tyranny
Dungeon Rats
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
Wasteland 1
Victor Vran
Risen
Risen 2 Gold
Dragon Age: Origins
Darkstone
Fate: Undiscovered Realms
Wizardry 6 & 7
Eschalon Book III
Krater
Ravensword: Shadowlands
Avernum: Escape from the Pit

GOG:

Witcher 3 GOTY
Witcher Bundle (Witcher 1, Witcher 2, Witcher Adventure Game, Thronebreaker)

Okay, so today's question is this: identify this animal by common name and Latin binomial.

If I win, which I will of course due to my most stable of geniusnesses, can I have the lizard instead? It looks delicious.

Last edited by a moderator:
After years of only remembering to get the points in bing once or twice a week, at best, I finally had enough points to actually get something free.  Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate.  In a few more years, when it is still in my backlog, I might have enough points to get something else.  Now if I had ever bothered to go online with half of the Switch games I have bought I'd have points to get something there too, but oh well.  

Also... wouldn't that be squamataphagy?

Further also... on a semi-related note when I brought some houseplants in this fall during the first cold snap my cats were running around like crazy and I could not figure out what had gotten into them until I saw a five-lined skink go running under the tv stand.  Little bastard was almost impossible to catch to put back outside.  Really pretty though assuming they still have their tail when you see them, most of them here have bright blue tails which detach as a distraction to help them get away.  Anyway.  

After years of only remembering to get the points in bing once or twice a week, at best, I finally had enough points to actually get something free. Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate. In a few more years, when it is still in my backlog, I might have enough points to get something else. Now if I had ever bothered to go online with half of the Switch games I have bought I'd have points to get something there too, but oh well.

Also... wouldn't that be squamataphagy?

Further also... on a semi-related note when I brought some houseplants in this fall during the first cold snap my cats were running around like crazy and I could not figure out what had gotten into them until I saw a five-lined skink go running under the tv stand. Little bastard was almost impossible to catch to put back outside. Really pretty though assuming they still have their tail when you see them, most of them here have bright blue tails which detach as a distraction to help them get away. Anyway.
Good catch. Weirdly, I've been playing the heck out of Forza Horizon 2 until recently. 3 and 4 almost seem like they're TOO big. However, 4 is a lot of fun, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I haven't delved into the expansions much. I thought the Hot Wheels in 3 would be more fun than it actually is. It's definitely a novelty, but the tracks with loop-the-loops and jumps over water are actually a bit annoying.

Well, it's ophidiophagy for snakes, so I was just guessing, because I don't know the word specific to lacertilians.

Those are pretty common in the southeastern U.S.

Good catch. Weirdly, I've been playing the heck out of Forza Horizon 2 until recently. 3 and 4 almost seem like they're TOO big. However, 4 is a lot of fun, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I haven't delved into the expansions much. I thought the Hot Wheels in 3 would be more fun than it actually is. It's definitely a novelty, but the tracks with loop-the-loops and jumps over water are actually a bit annoying.
Yea I dont think you're alone in that. I love FH3, and expected to love the hot wheels dlc but it was a big let down, and Ive heard the same from a lot of people, it just wasnt that fun. I personally like blizzard better

For FH4 its been the opposite, love the lego expansion but fortune island is a big fat meh

FH3 was my first Forza and I got a bundle with the Hot Wheels stuff. I couldn't ever get that into the main game or the Hot Wheels, but I ended up loving FH4. I played most of Fortune Island and bought the Lego expansion, but haven't had a chance to play it yet.

I just saw that FH4 is giving away a free car every day this month. For today's car, if you get all the perks, you get another car too.

FH3 was my first Forza and I got a bundle with the Hot Wheels stuff. I couldn't ever get that into the main game or the Hot Wheels, but I ended up loving FH4. I played most of Fortune Island and bought the Lego expansion, but haven't had a chance to play it yet.

I just saw that FH4 is giving away a free car every day this month. For today's car, if you get all the perks, you get another car too.
I'll have to look into that. I find the challenges in FH4 a bit difficult to wrap my head around.

UPLAY Sale - Winter Sale:

https://store.ubi.com/us/winter-sale/?lang=en_US

Extra 20% off from price w/ code EXTRA20.

Prices listed below are BEFORE the EXTRA20 promo code.

The Division 2 -> Regular = $15 / Gold = $20 / Ultimate = $25

Far Cry 5 -> Standard = $15 / Gold = $22.50

Far Cry 5: Season Pass = $7.50

Far Cry: New Dawn -> Standard = $16 / Deluxe = $20 / Complete = $30 / Ultimate = $39

Rainbow Six: Siege -> Game Edition = $8 / Deluxe = $9.90 / Gold = $24 / Ultimate = $40

AC: Origins -> Regular = $15 / Deluxe = $17.50 / Gold = $25

AC: Odyssey -> Regular = $24 / Deluxe = $32 / Gold = $35 / Ultimate = $42

If you guys see anything else notable in this sale here that I didn't list here, let me know; I'll gladly edit it in & add it.

If you guys see anything else notable in this sale here that I didn't list here, let me know; I'll gladly edit it in & add it.
For some reason the price on Breakpoint Gold is still bugged or the listed price is wrong. Listed is $45 but in Cart becomes $30.60 before 20% extra. Final price is $24.48, which is a good price for anyone that is wanting to get it and you also get the season pass as well.

Just wanting to let those that might want it know since it puts the Gold edition at 75% off sale.

The Division 2 -> Regular = $15 / Gold = $20 / Ultimate = $25
Far Cry 5 -> Standard = $15 / Gold = $22.50
Far Cry 5: Season Pass = $7.50
Far Cry: New Dawn -> Standard = $16 / Deluxe = $20 / Complete = $30 / Ultimate = $39
Rainbow Six: Siege -> Game Edition = $8 / Deluxe = $9.90 / Gold = $24 / Ultimate = $40
AC: Origins -> Regular = $15 / Deluxe = $17.50 / Gold = $25
AC: Odyssey -> Regular = $24 / Deluxe = $32 / Gold = $35 / Ultimate = $42

You forgot to list:

MysterD's mom->Regular/Deluxe/Gold/Ultimate= FREE!!!

Hello fellow nerds,

I'm kicking off my 12ish Days of Christmas Giveaway today. The first person to PM with the correct answer to the following question may choose any of the keys up for grabs today. The second person to PM with the correct answer may choose from what's left, until I have nothing left or a lack of interest prompts me to post the remaining key or keys.

Today's theme is RPGs. Up for grabs today:

Pillars of Eternity [SIZE=10pt]K07MK-C8RN0-GFMC0[/SIZE]
Tyranny
Dungeon Rats [SIZE=10pt]ZRPPT-ENBPD-0AV0H[/SIZE]
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition [SIZE=10pt]PF6NX-HYYLJ-YAVJ6[/SIZE]
Wasteland 1 [SIZE=10pt]3XC2F-V5GPL-Y0DV2[/SIZE]
Victor Vran [SIZE=10pt]HWBZB-R257M-HBLHI[/SIZE]
Risen [SIZE=10pt]BJJFE-BAHV2-3G5N6[/SIZE]
Risen 2 Gold [SIZE=10pt]C0R2T-4VQM2-IMA98[/SIZE]
Dragon Age: Origins
Darkstone [SIZE=10pt]CTBNL-JV55C-FYCTI[/SIZE]
Fate: Undiscovered Realms
Wizardry 6 & 7 [SIZE=10pt]93DT5-4F3NW-XPKQE[/SIZE]
Eschalon Book III [SIZE=10pt]37WKG-YMK44-Q0N6T[/SIZE]
Krater [SIZE=10pt]8IN3R-6M22K-B40R4[/SIZE]
Ravensword: Shadowlands
Avernum: Escape from the Pit [SIZE=10pt]35QMI-BNV56-PL80Q[/SIZE]

GOG:

Witcher 3 GOTY
Witcher Bundle (Witcher 1, Witcher 2, Witcher Adventure Game, Thronebreaker)

Okay, so today's question is this: identify this animal by common name and Latin binomial.

EDIT: 6:31 12/17--Six winners so far--will YOU be next?!?!?! New question and theme coming in 12 hours, give or take. Some assembly required. Terms and conditions apply. Seek medical help for an fuck lasting more than 4 hours.

EDIT: 20:27 12/17--Okay, this one's closed. The remains are open to all comers. The correct answer is the six-lined racerunner. Apparently this is no longer Cnemidophorus [sigh, I feel so old] sexlineatus. This particular specimen was caught in July south of Tallahassee, FL.
Okay, Day 2. Same rules except that I would ask (to speed things up a bit) when you submit an answer (or educated guess) that you include your top three choices for a prize in the same message. Thank you. Today's theme is strategy--real-time, turn-based, or maybe a little something in-between. Also possibly tower defense. That's tactical if not strategic--right?

Here's our list of prizes:

Age of Wonders III

Ashes of the SIngularity: Escalation

Phantom Doctrine

Attack of the Earthlings

Eador: Imperium

BATTLETECH

Arma 2

Take On Mars

Crusader Kings II

Oriental Empires

Tooth and Tail

Stellaris

Dungeon of the Endless

Homeworld: Remastered Collection

King's Bounty: Platinum Edition

Legends of Eisenwald

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Gold

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II--Retribution

Today's question should be a lot easier than yesterday's: how many Scottish actors have played The Doctor in Doctor Who?

You forgot to list:

MysterD's mom->Regular/Deluxe/Gold/Ultimate= FREE!!!
FaithfulReliableBubblefish-small.gif

Yea I dont think you're alone in that. I love FH3, and expected to love the hot wheels dlc but it was a big let down, and Ive heard the same from a lot of people, it just wasnt that fun. I personally like blizzard better

For FH4 its been the opposite, love the lego expansion but fortune island is a big fat meh
Haven't gotten to LEGO. Fortune Island was a letdown... Blizzard and Hot Wheels are the two best DLCs FH ever had.

FH2... Not really feeling it when I play. I still feel FH3 is the high watermark for that part of the franchise.

Heads up to all you hardcoar gamerz out there.

https://www.pcgamer.com/pumas-gaming-socks-cost-dollar105-and-dont-even-have-rgb-lighting/

Puma's 'gaming socks' cost $105 and don't even have RGB lighting
By Paul Lilly an hour ago

Because who games in bare feet?
oq5DJm4qBvm3YQMGdfopLA-320-80.jpg

(Image credit: Puma)

Have you ever wondered how much of a better gamer you could be if only you were wearing the proper attire? Probably not, but Puma's hoping you'll pay a premium for a pair of "gaming socks" nonetheless.

The official name of this new product is "Active Gaming Footwear," and they cost £80 in the UK and $160 in Australia, both equivalent to around $105 in US currency (they're not yet available in the US).

"Created with console gamers in mind, the gaming sock is the first edition Active Gaming Footwear. Designed for indoor and in-arena use, it delivers seamless comfort, support and grip so gamers can adapt to different active gaming modes and game their best," Puma says.

I see no reason why a PC gamer couldn't wear them as well, except for the lack of RGB lighting. That's a real shame, because the lack of grip on my regular socks is the only reason I never attempt any jumping jacks while playing games. But without RGB lighting, can we really even call these gaming socks? That just seems silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFXoTc3dvco

I'm really bummed, because check out this list of benefits I'm missing out on:

• Medial wrap-up grip in SEEK mode
  • Lateral wrap-up support in ATTACK mode
  • Heel wrap-up stability in CRUISE and DEFENSE mode
Incidentally, this is not Puma's only gaming product. Just a few months, Puma collaborated with Playseat to develop a gaming chair, which will soon be available for $255.

If you're looking for an alternative to the gaming socks, though, I recommend these claw slippers for $12.97 from Walmart. They don't light up either, but I can personally attest they're comfy. I won't trek through the snowy peaks in Tamriel without them.
I can't wait for the RGB mods.

How do slippers help me beat the Koreans at Starcraft?   Those should be tactile gloves to improve my faps per second. 

OMFG, gaming socks? And here I thought gaming chairs were the worst thing to be pandered to the gaming masses. No better then a good ergonomic office chair, or better then a good pair of athletic socks and shoes. What's next, gaming underwear? Please tell me that doesn't exist. 

Gaming underwear is just a diaper for when you have a stomach bug but can't miss your progressive raiding attempts or your WoW guild will boot you. 

I was wondering if I can get some help here on some gaming laptops. I have seen some on offer up for $300-$500 that my price range is. Will laptops like these be able to play most games at 1080p. I basically want to be able to play Assassins Creed Black Flag, all the free Epic and Twitch games that have been given away this year. I currently have an Lenovo Ideapad 110 and I can play Half Life 2 from the Orange Box at 1600x900 but I had to put Wonder Boy the Dragons trap to like 576p to get it run. Black Flag needs to look like a Wii game in order to actually play it. I seen 5 different used Laptops on offerup in the $300-$500 range and all the sellers say that they can run 1080p with a minimum 30FPS minimum just fine. My research is all over the place in regards to what certain laptops can or cannot do. Can the following laptops run games just fine in 1080p?

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-Gaming-15-6-Inch-Screen/dp/B071JPYP1Z

https://www.amazon.com/Asus-ROG-GU501GM-i7-8750H-128GB/dp/B07CR5RYDB

https://www.amazon.com/HP-15-6-inch-i5-8300H-Processor-15-dc0010nr/dp/B07CZ6VK4G

Those are some of the laptops on Offerup I am looking at. I have my Xbox One X for all new games but like I have already stated, I have like 25 games or so on my Laptop that I want to be able to play in 1080p and most of them need to be put down to almost Wii level visuals in order to run on my current Laptop.

I was wondering if I can get some help here on some gaming laptops. I have seen some on offer up for $300-$500 that my price range is. Will laptops like these be able to play most games at 1080p. I basically want to be able to play Assassins Creed Black Flag, all the free Epic and Twitch games that have been given away this year. I currently have an Lenovo Ideapad 110 and I can play Half Life 2 from the Orange Box at 1600x900 but I had to put Wonder Boy the Dragons trap to like 576p to get it run. Black Flag needs to look like a Wii game in order to actually play it. I seen 5 different used Laptops on offerup in the $300-$500 range and all the sellers say that they can run 1080p with a minimum 30FPS minimum just fine. My research is all over the place in regards to what certain laptops can or cannot do. Can the following laptops run games just fine in 1080p?

https://www.amazon.com/HP-15-6-inch-i5-8300H-Processor-15-dc0010nr/dp/B07CZ6VK4G

Those are some of the laptops on Offerup I am looking at. I have my Xbox One X for all new games but like I have already stated, I have like 25 games or so on my Laptop that I want to be able to play in 1080p and most of them need to be put down to almost Wii level visuals in order to run on my current Laptop.
Also check out some reviews on YouTube. There's tons of honest info including gameplay, limitations and in-depth specs.

That Dell Insipron (first link you had) seems more in line w/ how the pricing & sales been going for gaming laptops w/ decent video cards (around $600-700).

GTX 1050's and GTX 1060's (laptops or desktop versions) won't have issues w/ in particular AC: Rogue or AC: Black Flag (both on the same engine, more or less). You should get 60fps at 1080p on those.

I can run AC: Rogue on my older gaming laptop w/ a 4gb 960m (which the 960m is more on par w/ GTX 7xx desktop series of cards - back then, laptops cards were a few generations behind their big desktop brother). In particular, the GTX 1000 series really improved things, as now they aren't much slower compared to their desktop big brothers (i.e. around 10% less on performance, which is maybe a handful of frames).

But, for that kind of money on the last 2nd two you posted (i.e. the $800-1100 range - namely the Asus ROG & HP Omen), if you look hard enough....you should be able to find GTX 1650's or GTX 1660's for that kind of $.

Hell, I've even seen a 6GB GTX 2060 laptop for around $1100 on WalMart's recently - link below:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Legion-By-Lenovo-Y545-15-6-Gaming-Laptop-Intel-Core-i7-9750H-Nvidia-GeForce-RTX-2060-6GB-Graphics-16GB-RAM-512GB-PCIe-SSD-81Q6000QUS/560161624?irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_z8u0eJVAjxyJWmTwUx0Mo38zUknUz1X0EVLY0s0&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_1807032&clickid=z8u0eJVAjxyJWmTwUx0Mo38zUknUz1X0EVLY0s0

I'll have to look at the list of other games Epic gave away, to see what else you can run.

I remember Batman: Arkham Knight in that list Epic gave away - but that game's performance sucked. 30fps at 1080p, or bust; cap it. Performance is all over the place, uncapped. Really good game, though. Even on my GTX 970 desktop, it ran crummy. I should throw it at my 1060 laptop - see if it runs better on that, w/ more VRAM and all. (That game eats VRAM for breakfast).

Here are the specs on a used laptop I see on offer up for $600:

ASUS ROG GU501GM Gaming Laptop
Exact model GU501GM-GZ024T

Intel Core i7-8750H Processor up to 4.10 GHz, 6 Cores/12 Threads
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
16GB DDR4 RAM
128GB M.2 PCIe Gen3 NVMe SSD + 1TB HDD
15.6" 1920x1080 120Hz
Running Windows 10 Pro
RGB backlit keyboard

Comes with original power adapter.
Laptop in very good condition.
Very clean

Quiet and cool featuring ROG Active Aerodynamic System which improves airflow by up to 40 percent and reduces temperatures by up to 20 percent compared to conventional cooling.

That laptop seems like it will be able to handle all games in 1080p 60FPS correct?

Is there anything I should be looking at in regards to gaming laptops to see whether or not they will be able to play the games I need them to play? This is why I stick to consoles because PC gaming is confusing.

Here are the specs on a used laptop I see on offer up for $600:

ASUS ROG GU501GM Gaming Laptop
Exact model GU501GM-GZ024T

Intel Core i7-8750H Processor up to 4.10 GHz, 6 Cores/12 Threads
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
16GB DDR4 RAM
128GB M.2 PCIe Gen3 NVMe SSD + 1TB HDD
15.6" 1920x1080 120Hz
Running Windows 10 Pro
RGB backlit keyboard

Comes with original power adapter.
Laptop in very good condition.
Very clean

Quiet and cool featuring ROG Active Aerodynamic System which improves airflow by up to 40 percent and reduces temperatures by up to 20 percent compared to conventional cooling.

That laptop seems like it will be able to handle all games in 1080p 60FPS correct?

Is there anything I should be looking at in regards to gaming laptops to see whether or not they will be able to play the games I need them to play? This is why I stick to consoles because PC gaming is confusing.
The video card is one of the most important pieces these days. In this case, the card's the 1060 6GB. I've seen a lot of solid laptops w/ good CPU's and RAM (even in the $400-600 range) - but then the video card's the questionable piece.

Not that PC though. That PC has a good amount of VRAM and the GTX 1060 is a good card. 6GB is solid for the VRAM buffer, as you'll be able to toss better settings at it without issues. Expect 1080p at 60fps w/ most games at Medium to Max; depends per game.

I have very similar specs to that PC. I have a weaker CPU though (my PC has a i7 7700HQ) in my EVGA SC15 laptop.

The only games I have had a real challenge w/ on my GTX 1060 6GB laptop was AC: Odyssey (50-60fps at High at 1080p); and especially GR: Breakpoint (in Beta). Breakpoint (Beta) is one of the worst running games I've ever seen on my SC15 laptop, bouncing b/t 30-40fps at 1080p.

Even freaking Metro: Exodus ran better than Breakpoint (Metro: Exodus ran at 40-50fps at High on 1080p).

haha "gaming laptops".

good one, D.
My SC15 laptop ( i7 7700 HQ; 16 GB RAM DDR4; GTX 1060 with 6GB VRAM; W10 x64) does just fine, thanks. It fends MUCH better than my aging desktop (i7 950 / 16 GB RAM / GTX 970 / W7 x64).

Yeah, I know; I'm due for a new desktop. Probably within the next year or 2, I'd say.

AC: Origins - I can get 25-35fps at 1080p on Medium on my 970 desktop. My 1060 laptop, 50-60fps 1080p no problem at High.

The video card is one of the most important pieces these days. In this case, the card's the 1060 6GB. I've seen a lot of solid laptops w/ good CPU's and RAM (even in the $400-600 range) - but then the video card's the questionable piece.

Not that PC though. That PC has a good amount of VRAM and the GTX 1060 is a good card. 6GB is solid for the VRAM buffer, as you'll be able to toss better settings at it without issues. Expect 1080p at 60fps w/ most games at Medium to Max; depends per game.

I have very similar specs to that PC. I have a weaker CPU though (my PC has a i7 7700HQ) in my EVGA SC15 laptop.

The only games I have had a real challenge w/ on my GTX 1060 6GB laptop was AC: Odyssey (50-60fps at High at 1080p); and especially GR: Breakpoint (in Beta). Breakpoint (Beta) is one of the worst running games I've ever seen on my SC15 laptop, bouncing b/t 30-40fps at 1080p.

Even freaking Metro: Exodus ran better than Breakpoint (Metro: Exodus ran at 40-50fps at High on 1080p).
Okay cool. Once again though, users here seem to be disagreeing with you. It's actually kind of fascinating that raw specs can be given on a message board and people will still disagree how it will run games. I have checked some youtube videos and they have certain games like Overwatch running with no problems. I don't know if that game is more or less intense than games I want to play like Black Flag, All The Orange Box games, Portal 2, Maple Story, Gone Home, Alan Wake and many more of the free Epic and Twitch games I have. Does anyone here recommend the bare bones graphics card and other requirements in order to play games like those smoothly? I can give you other specs from laptops I find on offerup and CL if that will help.

Here's another one on CL for $550 OBO

Asus ROG G752VY Gaming Laptop with i7 6700HQ 4c/8t cpu, 32GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Geforce 980M gpu, with G-Sync and 75hz screen, with 350GB NVME SSD + 1 TB HDD storage.

My SC15 laptop ( i7 7700 HQ; 16 GB RAM DDR4; GTX 1060 with 6GB VRAM; W10 x64) does just fine, thanks. It fends MUCH better than my aging desktop (i7 950 / 16 GB RAM / GTX 970 / W7 x64).
Shit, I hope they remembered to put "Works better than a ten year old desktop CPU" on the box.

Looking forward to spending money during a Steam sale again, finally back in the PC gaming loop with a decent rig. Was also convinced I finally got banned from the site, because a weird “you aren’t welcome in this community” type message was popping up for about 10 minutes earlier this evening. Figured the inevitable had finally come about, 10+ years later 😜

Okay, Day 2. Same rules except that I would ask (to speed things up a bit) when you submit an answer (or educated guess) that you include your top three choices for a prize in the same message. Thank you. Today's theme is strategy--real-time, turn-based, or maybe a little something in-between. Also possibly tower defense. That's tactical if not strategic--right?

Here's our list of prizes:

Age of Wonders III

Ashes of the SIngularity: Escalation

Phantom Doctrine

Attack of the Earthlings

Eador: Imperium

BATTLETECH

Arma 2

Take On Mars

Crusader Kings II

Oriental Empires

Tooth and Tail

Stellaris

Dungeon of the Endless

Homeworld: Remastered Collection

King's Bounty: Platinum Edition

Legends of Eisenwald

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Gold

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II--Retribution

Today's question should be a lot easier than yesterday's: how many Scottish actors have played The Doctor in Doctor Who?
I'm going to leave this one open today. I'm a little too tired to put together a new theme/question tonight. Have a good 18th, everyone!

Okay cool. Once again though, users here seem to be disagreeing with you. It's actually kind of fascinating that raw specs can be given on a message board and people will still disagree how it will run games. I have checked some youtube videos and they have certain games like Overwatch running with no problems. I don't know if that game is more or less intense than games I want to play like Black Flag, All The Orange Box games, Portal 2, Maple Story, Gone Home, Alan Wake and many more of the free Epic and Twitch games I have. Does anyone here recommend the bare bones graphics card and other requirements in order to play games like those smoothly? I can give you other specs from laptops I find on offerup and CL if that will help.

Asus ROG G752VY Gaming Laptop with i7 6700HQ 4c/8t cpu, 32GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Geforce 980M gpu, with G-Sync and 75hz screen, with 350GB NVME SSD + 1 TB HDD storage.
All the games you're trying to play are pretty old or not very graphically intensive. Go to YouTube and you can find videos of people playing Black Flag on integrated graphics. Technology advances so much that today's integrated graphics can be as good as the dedicated graphics of 6 years ago. You'd probably be fine with any of the laptops you've listed. AMD also makes Ryzen chips with integrated graphics that can be pretty good.

You can also change settings in game until you find ones that work best for you.

My main concern would be buying used. Gaming laptops can have heating issues and I'd much rather have a new one with a warranty than a used one, personally.

Edit:

Here's a video of Black Flag running on a Ryzen 2500 w RX 560x:

https://youtu.be/0rgWPc7TZ_A

You can get a new laptop with those specs for $550 at best buy right now.

Shit, I hope they remembered to put "Works better than a ten year old desktop CPU" on the box.
Yeah, it's amazing this CPU's still holding up; and I can still get at least 1080p30fps on most stuff.

My SC15 gaming laptop (with G-Sync & 120hz support) has been keeping me away from basically buying a desktop, at least for now. It's been running modern games so well at 1080p60fps or better that I've been mostly using that to run newer & modern games - i.e. Outer Worlds, Metro: Exodus, Wolfenstein 2, RAGE 2, AC: Origins, AC: Odyssey.

I was pretty impressed with it, when I bought the SC15 last year and it was running Wildlands very well at around 70fps to 90fps, which my desktop was lucky to hit 45fps on. Had to cap it to 40fps on my desktop, to keep it smooth.

EDIT:

LOL, people who shrug off gaming laptops.
They've come a long way, especially since the GTX 1000 mobile series from Nvidia / GeForce.

32GB of RAM is crazy. You don't need that to run many - if any - games these days, but....sure, why not at that price? [shrug]

For $550, if that's all in order - that RAM amount is crazy.

I doubt anything you listed will be challenged by that system. 980m runs similar to a 770 desktop card.

Batman: Arkham Knight was free in Epic store before and if you grabbed that - that would be the most demanding thing you got; throw that at it and see how it goes.

Looks like tomorrow's free Epic game is Towerfall.

Epic sale seems pretty good. Coupon is a little confusing though. $10 coupon which says it's good for all eligible $14.99 and above games. Not sure if eligible just refers to having to be 14.99 or if there's other exclusions. Also, they say they give you 1 coupon, but after every purchase you get another. Seems like an overly complicated way to do it.

A couple nice deals I noticed initially are Division 2 for $5, Breakpoint for $14 and Superliminal for $6.

Oh, cool, just saw that the coupon is good until 5/1/20. That explains why they did it the way they did .

Heh, decided to actually read the faq on this page: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/promotion/holiday-sale-2019

Other ineligible purchases for the coupon include all dlc and anything unreleased

With that coupon, Epic might actually get some money out of me. I dont know how long Afterparty will only be Console GamePass so six and change seems reasonable.

bread's done
Back