Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Sorry for the spam again, but I released a new Steam game today and it's on sale for 40% off during launch week ($1.19) :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1188260/Creature_Card_Idle/

This game is a port of a web game I released last month, with the ads removed, cloud saves added, and Steam achievements. Windows and Linux both supported.
Nice, congrats on getting your games on Steam. Also thanks for giving a big discount on the bundle, ended up buying all three.

Interesting.

We don't even have to use Epic Client for Div 2. Once you buy the game - you can just link your account from Epic over to UPlay, do the download via UPlay, play, and be good to go. That's how it's worked for me - and I've been playing just fine.

Did they recently change add this link thing?
Is this still true for all the UPlay games? That we can just download/play via Uplay and skip the Epic client altogether after linking the accounts?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was weird the way the LotR movies played out with each one being less true to the source material as though to prepare us all for what was coming with The Hobbit.  An entertaining but completely nonsensical trilogy that might as well have been sourced from fan fiction on usenet for all it had in common with the book.

It was weird the way the LotR movies played out with each one being less true to the source material as though to prepare us all for what was coming with The Hobbit. An entertaining but completely nonsensical trilogy that might as well have been sourced from fan fiction on usenet for all it had in common with the book.
Hollywood is hollywood, designed to cater to the largest possible audience and with the name the book purists who will be dissappointed but will still watch it anyway. I mean look at Games of Thrones, lol. The next one on the butcher's chopping board would be the Wheel of Time series.

Anyone else just started watching Witcher series?

So I'm sort of getting tired not buying anything during Steam sales.  Considering picking up a few things, so, without further ado... dear diary:

Witcher 3 for $15ish - Witcher games don't end up in Humble (or any other bundles).  And although I'm sure Witcher 3 will get progressively cheaper as the years pass, I doubt the price will bottom out a la Witchers 1 and 2 until Witcher 4 is announced (which probably isn't even on the horizon?).  I thought Witcher 1 was good.  Couldn't finish Witcher 2 because of the wonky combat and bizarre itemization.  Dunno if I'd like Witcher 3.

(nu)Doom for $6ish - Bethesderp don't put their games in indie bundles so this seems a pretty 'safe' buy.

Xenus 2 for $3ish - An older flawed gem that I don't recall seeing in bundles.

Outward for $15sih - This seems like the modern day 'Gothic' game.  Not sure if the devs would stick it in a bundle.  ELEX, as a THQ Nordic game, will almost certainly wind up in one, though.

Witcher 3 has some clunky combat, but it's passable. That's pretty much the only major flaw of the game.

I recently played a bit of Doom 2016. As a huge fan of Doom 1993 back in the days, it feels off. Like it's Rage in a Doom setting? Everything is much faster paced than the older stuff, which was already considered fast paced. Feels like everything is contained in mini-zones, instead of a larger map.

tl;dr: Just get Witcher 3. And if you do, see you in a few weeks.

Outward for $15sih - This seems like the modern day 'Gothic' game. Not sure if the devs would stick it in a bundle. ELEX, as a THQ Nordic game, will almost certainly wind up in one, though.
ELEX was amazing once you got past the insane difficulty, I personally resorted to cheating to get a decent level of power. It reminded me of a good BioWare game, with a sort of Skyrim meets Mass Effect meets Fallout thing going on. Overall, super creative, great exploration and really hoping it gets a sequel.

Just picked up Outward as well, heard bad things but I’m a sucker for those types of games. Only $5.99 on Epic, so felt worth the gamble.

I went ahead and bought outer wilds at the same price it was at epics first sale. I figure it might show up in game pass eventually but I wanted to experience it before I listened to giant bomb’s goty coverage.

It’s pretty impressive. I really like it but don’t think I love it. I was prepared for some of the frustrating aspects of the game like the controls being a bit difficult and the time limitations. I was also prepared for the game to be unclear on what to do but I was surprised that the game does have some good indications of what you need to be doing.

One thing I wasn’t prepared for was the lack of production value. I think it’s awesome that you have access to explore this whole solar system without load times but I feel like if the graphics were just a bit better there could be some truly awe inspiring moments in this game. I hate to be a graphics whore but The visuals are just a tad bland in both style and technical quality.

I still recommend the game but I had my expectations a bit high since it was winning goty awards and some people were saying it was their favorite game in years. I have heard it has one of the best endings in game history so I look forward to that.

Witcher 3 for $15ish - Witcher games don't end up in Humble (or any other bundles). And although I'm sure Witcher 3 will get progressively cheaper as the years pass, I doubt the price will bottom out a la Witchers 1 and 2 until Witcher 4 is announced (which probably isn't even on the horizon?). I thought Witcher 1 was good. Couldn't finish Witcher 2 because of the wonky combat and bizarre itemization. Dunno if I'd like Witcher 3.
FYI - Netflix made a Witcher show for you so that you wouldn't even have to watch Witcher 3 playthroughs on youtube/twitch.

Interesting.

We don't even have to use Epic Client for Div 2. Once you buy the game - you can just link your account from Epic over to UPlay, do the download via UPlay, play, and be good to go. That's how it's worked for me - and I've been playing just fine.

Did they recently change add this link thing?
I don't keep up on Epic so I couldn't tell you a thing about how it works... but I don't think the account link was always a thing. That said the issues went from a lot to few and far between... The last guy could have just been an idiot.

I'm curious how the Apparel event is going for the other Division 2 players? I'm 5 away from having it all done and plenty of time to do it... I feel I've probably had to play Division 2 about the same amount of time as the other events so the 1 every 3 seems pretty fair.

ELEX was amazing once you got past the insane difficulty, I personally resorted to cheating to get a decent level of power. It reminded me of a good BioWare game, with a sort of Skyrim meets Mass Effect meets Fallout thing going on. Overall, super creative, great exploration and really hoping it gets a sequel.

Just picked up Outward as well, heard bad things but I’m a sucker for those types of games. Only $5.99 on Epic, so felt worth the gamble.
Crap. How did I miss Outward in this EGS sale for $6?

Just bought it.

Like you said: for that cheap ($5.99), "so felt worth the gamble."

EDIT:

So I'm sort of getting tired not buying anything during Steam sales. Considering picking up a few things, so, without further ado... dear diary:

Witcher 3 for $15ish - Witcher games don't end up in Humble (or any other bundles). And although I'm sure Witcher 3 will get progressively cheaper as the years pass, I doubt the price will bottom out a la Witchers 1 and 2 until Witcher 4 is announced (which probably isn't even on the horizon?). I thought Witcher 1 was good. Couldn't finish Witcher 2 because of the wonky combat and bizarre itemization. Dunno if I'd like Witcher 3.

(nu)Doom for $6ish - Bethesderp don't put their games in indie bundles so this seems a pretty 'safe' buy.

Outward for $15sih - This seems like the modern day 'Gothic' game. Not sure if the devs would stick it in a bundle. ELEX, as a THQ Nordic game, will almost certainly wind up in one, though.
Xenus 2 was in some bundles:

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/xenusiiwhitegold/info/

FYI - Netflix made a Witcher show for you so that you wouldn't even have to watch Witcher 3 playthroughs on youtube/twitch.
I dunno, I'm 4 episodes into Witcher Netflix series.

Unless I'm missing something here, Witcher Netflix show seems to take place mostly before the events of the game and is (probably) more in tune w/ the books. Events of the game are after the book, even though they do reference past stuff (probably from the books).

Not that I've read the books or anything, but some of these episodes...they feel like origin stories.

Regardless of all of that - not sure if later episodes catch-up or go later in the time-line; but yeah, I'm really digging this show. It's good.

Unless I'm missing something here, Witcher Netflix show seems to take place mostly before the events of the game and is (probably) more in tune w/ the books. Events of the game are after the book, even though they do reference past stuff (probably from the books).
They are more in tune with the novels.

Not that I've read the books or anything, but some of these episodes...they feel like origin stories.

Regardless of all of that - not sure if later episodes catch-up or go later in the time-line; but yeah, I'm really digging this show. It's good.
The first season is the collection of short stories that the author had written before the main book series began.

It was good. If you watch the entire series, you'll discover that the first and last or maybe last two (they blur together a bit when you binge) are essentially a framing narrative and the bits in-between dive into all three of the main characters' origins in a bit more detail. I read a review this morning that nailed it, in my view--one of the problems with the series is that it's not terribly friendly to people with zero background in the fiction because it has a tendency to skip around in time a bit even within a single episode and it can be hard to tell when this happens because witchers and sorceresses are effectively immortal unless slain by another creature/person, so they don't visibly age (which is why you see 20- and 30-somethings grousing about being hundreds of years old). Cavill gets Geralt's um, conservative use of language and his very low voice down to a T, and he moves gracefully in his leather armor; cat potion seems to give him demon-possession visage instead of vertical-slit-shaped pupils, which was an unfortunate decision on the showrunner's part. The other characters do well too, but this has always mostly been The Geralt Show. Sure, Cirilla is really who the story is about, just like Star Wars is really about Anakin Skywalker (I mean if you ignore everything made after Episode III), but if you have any background with the games, you identify more with Geralt.

It's definitely set up as an origin story for all three, though, although in Ciri's case, much of her origins remains murky because the overarching plot of the series demands it--this is the key enigma of the entire series of books, unravelling who Ciri actually is and why she poses such a threat to the world. There's a throwaway line in the first series of the show that alludes to the answer, but little else is revealed at this stage. I read earlier that the showrunner has plans for at least four series at this point, which makes sense. If we were just left with the eight episodes of this series, I would be pretty disappointed, but it seems like they have a plan to follow the events of the novels to a greater or lesser degree. I enjoyed the show's spin on "The Last Wish," which was also referenced during the events of The Witcher 3. Also, if you remember the original cinematic opening of The Witcher (1), that is the story told about the striga and King Foltest in this series.

in my view--one of the problems with the series is that it's not terribly friendly to people with zero background in the fiction because it has a tendency to skip around in time a bit even within a single episode and it can be hard to tell when this happens because witchers and sorceresses are effectively immortal unless slain by another creature/person, so they don't visibly age (which is why you see 20- and 30-somethings grousing about being hundreds of years old).
As someone that has not read the books nor played the games, this didn't bother me at all.

At first you assume it's all happening at the same time, but once they reveal it's jumping around, it's not hard to follow.

I'm pretty sure I've seen other shows/movies that did a similar thing. I think the reveal about it was meant to be a surprise.

At first you assume it's all happening at the same time, but once they reveal it's jumping around, it's not hard to follow.

I'm pretty sure I've seen other shows/movies that did a similar thing. I think the reveal about it was meant to be a surprise.
WestWorld (HBO series) does this too, especially in the First Season.

Damn, looks like they're re-gifting Celeste tomorrow. Well, if anyone managed to miss it a few months ago, it's a great giveaway. 

So I'm sort of getting tired not buying anything during Steam sales. Considering picking up a few things, so, without further ado... dear diary:

both witcher 3 and doom are easily worth those prices

witcher 3 iirc is basically witcher 2's combat just a bit more polished so not sure if you'll like it or not.

I'm curious how the Apparel event is going for the other Division 2 players? I'm 5 away from having it all done and plenty of time to do it... I feel I've probably had to play Division 2 about the same amount of time as the other events so the 1 every 3 seems pretty fair.
I finished it in the first eight days or so but that included doing the weekly on three characters the first week (but only once the second week). I wanted to get it done since I'm traveling for the holidays. One per three felt fair -- I think I used to get better the first event or two but others would complain so a guaranteed key works out well for everyone.

Oh wow. I somehow missed that twitch prime added 5 more free games this month and they said they’re adding more 12/26.

Enter the gungeon with all dlc is pretty cool. I was excited to see Heave Ho on there because I think that would be super fun to play with friends but I think it’s local multi only.

Edit: oh I misread the post. The games won’t be available until the 26th and the other additions will just be more additions to games like an apex skin

That sounds super-annoying. I was considering watching that.
Strangely enough, it really wasnt too annoying. Maybe it could have been if you watched them with a week between episodes, but I binged and it wasnt bad. There are subtle clues as to which timeline you're watching. You might not remember these clues if a week has gone by, but seeing it only 20 min or so before in the last episode makes it almost 'hit-with-a-2x4' obvious. I thoroughly enjoyed Season 1, having had no connection to the source material.

I watched all of Season 2, and that's about all I have to say about that.

Honestly, knowing that the 1st season takes places over different timelines is sort of a spoiler if you are wanting to go in mostly blind. It was one of the best single seasons of a show for me in recent memory, IMHO, though the second season really goes off the rails (in some good ways). Looking forward to season 3 next year.

I watched episode 1 of the Witcher and it was very entertaining but confused the hell out of me.  Of course all three Witcher games are still in my backlog and I've never read any of the books so...

WestWorld (HBO series) does this too, especially in the First Season.
oh ho ho ho, Westworld season 2 was WAY more purposefully annoying at jumping around to different points in time than compared to S1. It even had the goal of being as convoluted as possible because the showrunners were upset at the reddit thinktank for correctly figuring out most of the major plot points during the airing of S1. So S2 was incredibly disjointed through design decision, and the narrative suffered immensely for it.

It's still a grade A show though.

Anyone have any thoughts on the PC version of Control? I picked up the Xbox version for $25 but I could return it and pay $5 for it on Epic. 1. Is the game worth it in general? 2. Does the PC version standout compared to console versions? Appreciate any insight into it.

I watched episode 1 of the Witcher and it was very entertaining but confused the hell out of me. Of course all three Witcher games are still in my backlog and I've never read any of the books so...
I sat down to watch one episode. 9 hours later I finished the season and will likely watch it again with my wife. I love The Witcher, having read everything and putting many hours into each of the games. Even so, there were moments when I was confused by the choices they made and it took me a moment to figure out what time period it was in.

The show is not perfect, but over all I really enjoyed it.

Don't binge it. This is a complex show w/ lots of pieces, characters, times so...it is worth it to give it time to marinate to think about scenes, characters and all of that stuff. B/c once you realize the timelines and characters, it'll make you - more or less - re-think a good deal of the Season.

It's great stuff.

And I really liked Season 2, also...even though that had some other interesting twist(s). Definitely won't spoil that one.

that's Henry Cavill, and you will obey his cleft chin.
Why-Superman-Mouth-Weird-Justice-League.jpg

Get Doom... I really enjoyed it like I enjoyed your mom.

Witcher 3..i dunno, Witcher 1 was wonky, dropped it. Fired up Witcher 2, wonky in a different way, not gonna finish it.

Witcher 3..you bought Xboner Game Pass sub for like 804months for pennies, right? Witcher 3 just added. Problem Solved. It will look great in your Xboner backside.

Or you could just watch a YouTube of someone playing the original Gothic....

Decisions, decisions....

Get Doom... I really enjoyed it like I enjoyed your mom.

Witcher 3..i dunno, Witcher 1 was wonky, like your mom, dropped it, like your mom. Fired up Witcher 2, wonky in a different way, like your mom not gonna finish it, like your mom.

Witcher 3..you bought Xboner Game Pass sub for like 804months for pennies, right? Witcher 3 just added. Problem Solved. It will look great in your Xboner backside, like your mom.

Or you could just watch a YouTube of someone playing the original Gothic, or your mom....

Decisions, decisions....
fixed

DIdn't see this mentioned anywhere, but in addition to Phoenix Point finally showing up on PC Game Pass, three other games got added within the last few days as well:

Totally Accurate Battle Simulator

Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition

Infinifactory

Day 6. PM with answers and top three picks for a prize.

I've pretty much run out of themes, so today's theme is yesterday's stuff plus random other stuff not from yesterday.

Two part entomological question today.

A) This mosquito that was formerly widely distributed across the southeastern United States was out-competed by an invasive species that occupies the same ecological niche (although it is making a comeback in some areas, like New Orleans). It is a tree-hole breeder and bore a distinctive marking on its mesonotum. Common name plus Latin binomial please.

B) This fly, known for feeding on organic matter, was eliminated in the United States by means of a program in which scientists released a large number of male flies that had been irradiated to mate with females. A conspecific still thrives here and is one of the common colonizers of human and animal corpses exposed to the environment. Common name plus Latin binomal please.

Up for grabs:

Age of Wonders III

Crusader Kings II

Legends of Eisenwald

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II--Retribution

Octahedron

Port Royale 3

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

Spice Road

Take On Helicopters

Jalopy

Distrust

Scanner Sombre

The Flame in the Flood

Valhalla Hills

I Am Bread

Syberia 1 and 2

Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders

Curse: The Eye of Isis

Return to Mysterious Island

Yesterday: Origins

The Journey Down 1 and 2

The Journey Down 3

The Invisible Hours

The Last Door Season 1

The Last Door Season 2

Face Noir

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller

The Detail: Season One

The Lion's Song Season Pass

Deponia: The Complete Journey

Deponia: Doomsday

Silence

Hector:Badge of Carnage

A Story About My Uncle

President for a Day - Floodings

The 39 Steps

Where Angels Cry

Gray Matter

Lost Civilisation

Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened

Nostradamus - The Last Prophecy

To The Moon

Amerzone: The Explorer's Legacy

The Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure

Back to the Future

Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse

Read Only Memories

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine

Yakuza 0

Bastion

Ancestors Legacy

Jet Set Knights

Gunman Tales

Magrunner: Dark Pulse

Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation

LEGRAND LEGACY: Tale of the Fatebounds

Town of Light

The Hex

Evergarden

Spyro Reignited Trilogy

God's Trigger

MOTHERGUNSHIP

Empire of Angels IV

Chinese Paladin: Sword and Fairy 6

Almost There: The Platformer

Rusty Lake Paradise

Surviving Mars

Cities in Motion 2

NAIRI: Tower of Shirin

Republique

Project CARS

STALKER: Clear Sky

Headlander

GoNNER

Payday 2

Battle Chef Brigade

As someone that has not read the books nor played the games, this didn't bother me at all.

Yeah, I have not really played the games (only done the tutorial town in witcher 3) nor read the books either, so I know close to nothing, but I think it was about episode 3? when certain common chars (the brother/sister pair) appeared at different ages in the different stories.

It did bother me though that a battle scene had cavalry on 1 side at the start, but they mysteriously dismounted to fight hand to hand in the very next scene. Reminded me of a certain show with silly light cavalry skirmishers charging straight to their death.

Game for tomorrow looks to be Totally Accurate Battle Simulator. Which would be awesome. Never been discounted for more than 25% and not even out of Early Access.

bread's done
Back