Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Anal Wake

Edit: Curiously, if you actually search ^ on Google, the correct game is found.
Most of the searches I do come back with pictures of Alan Thicke, must be something weird on Google's end...

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap, I've had Alan Wake and also American Nightmare backlogged for...like forever.
Alan Wake was really a good game. It's unfortunate that we wont get a continuation of that story. American Nightmare is more gameplay focused, and although the gameplay of AW is certainly competent, it wasnt, IMO, the best part of the game.

Alan Wake was really a good game. It's unfortunate that we wont get a continuation of that story. American Nightmare is more gameplay focused, and although the gameplay of AW is certainly competent, it wasnt, IMO, the best part of the game.
Isn’t there some sort of tie-in planned with Control’s dlc later this year? Thought I read that somewhere.

Let’s be honest, the gameplay is repetitive, and it’s way too easy. Waking people with anal just isn’t hard. The only challenge is in trying to get away before they can do anything about it.
c343e193-b9fd-48a2-bc7b-4cd848e86c9a_text_hi.gif

Let’s be honest, the gameplay is repetitive, and it’s way too easy. Waking people with anal just isn’t hard. The only challenge is in trying to get away before they can do anything about it.
You know what people say these days:

"Anal woke, go broke"

... well everyone except MysterD's mom...she's still free...

Hm. I will disagree. At this point, anyone who hasn't played Alan Wake should just Mooby it. While the story was entertaining and the game was dripping with atmosphere, the light-as-a-weapon mechanic got old REALLY fast.

Hm. I will disagree. At this point, anyone who hasn't played Alan Wake should just Mooby it. While the story was entertaining and the game was dripping with atmosphere, the light-as-a-weapon mechanic got old REALLY fast.
I myself; I'd go with, it was great for the time it was made, it was something different and had a good story, but didn't seem to age well.

The shooting is fluid and entertaining in Alan Wake.
Movement wasn't. And the reason I didn't play much of the game....and then backlogged it.

Basically, Remedy putting dodge (as a tap) and run (as a hold) was a mistake to me - probably part of its console-first side showing. I wish the 2 keys were separate, on actual different keys.

I would want to do a short run...but dammit, that takes the tap as a dodge, when I didn't want it to dodge. Annoying as hell.

I know, I know; I probably should give it another go sometime...and figure the controls out and get used to them.

Movement wasn't. And the reason I didn't play much of the game....and then backlogged it.

Basically, Remedy putting dodge (as a tap) and run (as a hold) was a mistake to me - probably part of its console-first side showing. I wish the 2 keys were separate, on actual different keys.

I would want to do a short run...but dammit, that takes the tap as a dodge, when I didn't want it to dodge. Annoying as hell.

I know, I know; I probably should give it another go sometime...and figure the controls out and get used to them.
It's not really a dodge. There's no i-frames or anything, it's just a way of quick-starting a run. It's decidedly not a console vs PC issue, it's how they decided to animate the character and draw you into the idea of how he moves around.

Don't think of it as a shooter with a dodge and a sprint. It's going for more of a tanky RE feeling. Think of it as tanky RE controls smoothed a bit, with a run that interacts responsively with timing.

It's good movement, just not what you expect if you're coming from shooters with a dodge and a sprint. Because those samey samey standard-issue mechanics were not what they were going for in the movement.

I don't care about Steam removing crap games and it making my game count go down.  What DOES bother me is that you still get booster packs for these games and then you can not sell them and they usually turn into like 2 gems.  I really wish the automatic booster generation was turned off for delisted games.  Everytime I get one of those boosters I am deeply saddened over the loss of several potential Gaben-pennies.  

Anal Wake's soundtrack is definitely recorded by Butthole Surfers.

I myself; I'd go with, it was great for the time it was made, it was something different and had a good story, but didn't seem to age well.
I'll fully admit 1) It's been a helluva long time since I last touched AW (less than a week from being 9 years according to True Achievements - 01/14/2011) and 2) I played it exclusively with a controller on 360. I said the gameplay was 'competent' because, at the time, I didnt feel like I was fighting the controls to get to the good stuff. It wasn't like, say, Assassin's Creed (another game I enjoyed) where I'd find myself cursing the controls because the free running would suddenly decide that I wanted to jump off a building into the middle of the street instead of climb up to the next hand-hold. I should fire it up again and see if, over time, that now feels clunky (but for course I wont :whistle2: ).

OTOH, I hated the Resident Evil controls the first time I tried that game back in the '90s.

OTOH, I hated the Resident Evil controls the first time I tried that game back in the '90s.
Which RE is that? I played a bit of RE 5 and HATED the weird, can't-shoot-and-move-at-the-same-time control scheme. It made no logical sense and also made for crappy gameplay.

Which RE is that? I played a bit of RE 5 and HATED the weird, can't-shoot-and-move-at-the-same-time control scheme. It made no logical sense and also made for crappy gameplay.
Resident Evil, the first one on the original Playstation. I hated it so much that I've never given the rest of the series a try. In true CAG fashion, I actually own RE4 (on multiple platforms IIRC) and RE5, but have never booted them up. I also have access to some of the rail shooter spin-offs, maybe I'll try one of those.

All the original RE games had those shitty controls. Plus you pressed left and the character slowly turns, press forward and it moves forward. Some moran at Capcom decided that the game would be scarier if it had frustrating, shitty controls that made it harder to get away from zombies. It just makes the games less playable.

All the original RE games had those shitty controls. Plus you pressed left and the character slowly turns, press forward and it moves forward. Some moran at Capcom decided that the game would be scarier if it had frustrating, shitty controls that made it harder to get away from zombies. It just makes the games less playable.
:fridge:

Everyone here talking about how RE has "shitty controls" because it's not Call of Duty. I bet you all cut the crusts off your pizzas.

This is a human:

Jill_Valentine_original_outfit.png

This is a tank:

cBaB6bo.png

Just because some of you fat nerds have the mobility of a tank doesn't mean in-game special forces characters should. Good news is that the remakes have an option for regular controls.

I don't care about Steam removing crap games and it making my game count go down. What DOES bother me is that you still get booster packs for these games and then you can not sell them and they usually turn into like 2 gems. I really wish the automatic booster generation was turned off for delisted games. Everytime I get one of those boosters I am deeply saddened over the loss of several potential Gaben-pennies.
I'll be happy to take those boosters for 5 gems if you don't want them. Seriously. Please don't destroy them.

Sundered: Eldritch Edition is free on the MysterD Epic Game Store:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/sundered-eldritch-edition/home
Having beaten this, totally recommend it if you enjoy combat focused metroidvanias, especially since you can have up 4 player co-op with the new edition. While it can get repetitive at times as the combat is wave after wave of hordes of enemies (especially if you die as the map layout mostly resets on death), my wife and I really enjoyed it. Combat in general seemed to be just hard enough as you progress through the talent tree and the game areas and I could instantly tell when I went off track and stepped into a higher level zone as I instantly died. The art style is amazing, especially the boss designs. Very creepy, massive eldrich horror look to them. I really wish their follow-up game was in a similar veinas this or Jotun instead of this management game.

bread's done
Back