Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Pop quiz, hotshot.

Is the cat a hero, or a villain?

l92qlAg.jpg
I agree with MysterD.

There are pineapples on there, so the cat is a villian.
However, those onions look damn near raw (see the ones scraped off in the corner), so the the cat is a hero.

So confirmed, Schrödinger approves of pineapple on pizza.

Last edited by a moderator:
What the what is going on?

This is my bestest (and thirdest) attempt at explaining the things that I was oh-so-very wrong about when I was impersonating normal. And if my posts get deleted against, you'll understand why they're trying to hide this information. It would be valid to pretend my every writing is prefaced with Dear Younger-Me, You Beautiful Fool.

There are no coincidences in this reality.

How many times in your life have you been forced to ask "What are the damn odds?" Once? Twice? Or is it a few too many times for such things to be coincidental?

When someone tells you something is "just a coincidence" what they usually mean is "don't think about it". Not everything is causally-linked (at least, not directly) but there are no coincidences here. None, nada, zero, el zilcho. What is dressed up as chaos quietly holds a most-subtle order.
giphy.gif

PC Gamer - Grand Theft Auto IV has been removed for purchasing from Steam:
https://www.pcgamer.com/gta-4-is-no-longer-being-sold-on-steam/

So, here's some guesses to what could be the reasoning.
Could be any of these, a few of these...or something else:
1. Rockstar could been removing Microsoft's old G4WL...and maybe replacing it with their own Rockstar Launcher.
2. Maybe Steam ran out of G4WL keys for GTA4 (since it uses that)...and needs to get them refilled from Microsoft and Rockstar.
3. Rockstar could be doing a remaster for GTA4 maybe.
4. Music licenses again have expired for some songs...and they need to be removed or replaced.
5. Rockstar is just pulling the game from Steam period.

I'm sure, we'll maybe find out sooner or later, why it got pulled from being able to purchase over on Steam.

PC Gamer - Grand Theft Auto IV has been removed for purchasing from Steam:
https://www.pcgamer.com/gta-4-is-no-longer-being-sold-on-steam/

So, here's some guesses to what could be the reasoning.
Could be any of these, a few of these...or something else:
1. Rockstar could been removing Microsoft's old G4WL...and maybe replacing it with their own Rockstar Launcher.
2. Maybe Steam ran out of G4WL keys for GTA4 (since it uses that)...and needs to get them refilled from Microsoft and Rockstar.
3. Rockstar could be doing a remaster for GTA4 maybe.
4. Music licenses again have expired for some songs...and they need to be removed or replaced.
5. Rockstar is just pulling the game from Steam period.

I'm sure, we'll maybe find out sooner or later, why it got pulled from being able to purchase over on Steam.
Pretty much: man idk

I doubt its 5. If it was that RDR2 never would have been on Steam.
Fair enough, since EFLC is also still on Steam right now:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/12220/Grand_Theft_Auto_Episodes_from_Liberty_City/

EDIT:

Would be great if they removed the G4WL stuff.
Amen.

Though, I really don't want Rockstar Launcher to be its replacement either.

That (Rockstar Launcher) probably would be G4WL's replacement, if they wanted to keep the MP going.

And if Rockstar wants to continue to try to push their own service/game-client app too.

EDIT 2:

Looks like GTA4 has been pulled for purchasing also from Rockstar's own Rockstar Launcher/Store.

GTA4 has a berjillion extra layers of DRM including SecuRom.  I could only hope the reasoning is #1 but it is more likely than not #4.  I believe that has happened in the past where another GTA game was removed and replaced due to music licensing issues.

#2 makes the most sense. #1 and #3 require additional work that they might not want to put into a 12-year-old game. #4 shouldn't require delisting the game entirely (I don't think they delisted it when they removed a bunch of songs two years ago). And #5 only makes sense if Take-Two doesn't like money (they do).

GTA4 has a berjillion extra layers of DRM including SecuRom. I could only hope the reasoning is #1 but it is more likely than not #4. I believe that has happened in the past where another GTA game was removed and replaced due to music licensing issues.
Yep, GTA Vice City & San Andreas have been pulled and updated b/c of the music licensing issues.

Since you mentioned SecuRom, would be nice if that got pulled from GTA4 & EFLC also.

#2 makes the most sense. #1 and #3 require additional work that they might not want to put into a 12-year-old game. #4 shouldn't require delisting the game entirely (I don't think they delisted it when they removed a bunch of songs two years ago). And #5 only makes sense if Take-Two doesn't like money (they do).
That is what's happening. Game hasn't been delisted, they just removed the ability to buy it: https://store.steampowered.com/app/12210/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV/

Well, that was a crazy ass game... I'm use to the Chiefs beating themselves and not at all use to them having a QB who is so good that he can right the ship... and turn around and blowout the other team.

Bill O'Brian is terrible.  One of those "we play to win every time" coaches.   Nice fake punt moron.  You were up 24-0. 

as someone who follows his team, my opinion on OB is that he's good-but-not-great coach who has no business acting like a GM.  the loss was almost completely on pass defense. need improvements with both players and coaching there.  everyone knew what kc was going to do from 2nd qtr on and just couldn't stop them.

Bill O'Brian is terrible. One of those "we play to win every time" coaches. Nice fake punt moron. You were up 24-0.
The problem with the fake punt was he passed on going for it the possession before at like the 10 yard line when they needed less than a yard. It showed he was panicking and his players picked up on it...

Punting it downfield, I feel, would have just added to Mahomes' yardage... He was unbeatable all game.

Bill O'Brian is terrible. One of those "we play to win every time" coaches. Nice fake punt moron. You were up 24-0.
[Rhetorical]

How does a team lose, after leading 24-0?

Worse yet...and then after the above, the team basically gets blown out?

[/Rhetorical]

Talk about choking.

I got a GIF for that one.

I8CZK.gif

In olden times, grievances not even nearly as severe as GFWL were punishable by death. It's mere existence borders on evil, while it's nonexistence now causes much pain, suffering and minor inconveniences, some like the world has never known. This lapse in logic seems painfully obvious and unavoidable, considering it's been like 5 years since that shittyness got the axe.

Look at the bright side: the Houston Oilers are in the AFC Championship game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfi2ts2s7dc

But speaking of Houston teams blowing massive leads...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NwCCrzarZs

Would have actually liked to play it but for SecuRom.
Single-player campaign in GTA4 base-game actually is really good. That GTA probably has my favorite story & lead character (Nico) out of the GTA games. Mind you, GTA4 is way more realistic & grounded, compared to pretty much...every other GTA game since GTA3. Each DLC for Episodes from Liberty City got less (The Lost and the Damned) and less (The Ballad of Gay Tony) with each DLC.

Don't get me wrong, I really loved GTA5 and all - but that's the best overall package of all of the GTA games, IMHO. The game's a blast (especially as Trevor!!); the characters are really good even though they all remind me of another character from a GTA title (i.e. Michael reminds me of Tommy Viccetti; Franklin reminds me a lot of CJ from SA; and Trevor....is just basically Trevor as he plays like how most players play GTA in wanton destruction & madness mode).

Vice City is my favorite GTA and always will have a special place in my heart. Might not be the best one overall (i.e. that's GTA5 for me) and not have aged entirely well - but it was so great & fresh, back in the day. A stunning improvement over GTA3 for me (yes, also loved GTA3 - but GTA was a technical mess when it hit; Vice City was not). I really just loved the whole Miami vibe, the cast of characters, the Scarface references (yes, I love that movie!), the 80's setting/era, the music stations (it['s so 80's!!), the look, and everything about it. It felt like GTA went artsy & did a period piece.

Nooo! I was hoping they were remaking GTA IV in Unreal 5 with 4K HDR support and removing all DRM and making DLC for it.
All great ideas, IMHO...but probably not happening.

If anything, I'd guess...they'll move it over the Steamworks or (more likely) their own Rockstar Launcher.

While we're at it, I'd love to see some GTA5 Single-Player DLC too...but probably not happening either.

GTA Online, for better and/or for worse, is where the real $'s at for them.

Picked up a few open world Ubisoft games recently and so far I have not been disappointed:

2P7Kk7H.jpg

eOE08mK.jpg
Okay, I've seen this happen a lot, not just here, but on Discords I'm on, but do people not know how to take screenshots? Too lazy to do so? Taking a picture of a computer screen just seems so dated.

Okay, I've seen this happen a lot, not just here, but on Discords I'm on, but do people not know how to take screenshots? Too lazy to do so? Taking a picture of a computer screen just seems so dated.
Lazy and dated...sounds about right! I take in-game pics so rarely that I wouldn’t know what key to hit or where to find a pic I took in uplay. Not to mention I’m sitting away from the screen using a gamepad. Thanks for caring though, Fox.

Lazy and dated...sounds about right! I take in-game pics so rarely that I wouldn’t know what key to hit or where to find a pic I took in uplay. Not to mention I’m sitting away from the screen using a gamepad. Thanks for caring though, Fox.
Gamepad makes sense. Ubi is actually way easier. F12 just like steam and default is a folder in your pictures or documents. Steam is a PITA. F12 but then hidden in each games folder within the steam folder in program files so "easiest" way is to navigate to screenshots in Steam and hit the "Show on disk" button. That button is harder to find with the new "improved" UI.

That sounds like a pet peeve.
No, just curiosity, more so on Discord than here because I assume the Discord crowd is a little more tech savvy than your usual CAG boomer. I assumed on Discord it's people using their phones and easier to just snap a pic and upload than go through the trouble of a screenshot.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/news/epic-games-store-weekly-free-games-in-2020

Epic Games Store Weekly Free Games in 2020!

Happy New Year!

New decade means new games and we’re looking at a great start with tons of amazing titles coming exclusively to the Epic Games Store in 2020. To kick things off, we’re extending our weekly free game program throughout 2020. Every single week, come back to claim your game. Once claimed, it’s yours to keep forever.
Thanks, MysterD!

First gameplay trailer for Huniepop 2: Double Date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDRKb05etTs

Can't wait.  It's a shame they still haven't given a release date yet.

bread's done
Back