Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
um Hades was $10 during the last EGS sale.  I had it in my cart but decided not to buy it.  You are confused. 

Last edited by a moderator:
um Hades was $10 during the last EGS sale. I had it in my cart but decided not to buy it. You are confused.
Did they give the coupon without buying anything? Maybe I’m misremembering

Wish ITAD would remove glitch prices if it was the lowest price >.<

I’m not dense I know what you are implying but that’s not how coupons work unless you aren’t require to buy anything to use it >.<
You don't have to buy anything to get the coupon. It is automatically applied. Right now, you can get Hades for $15 on Epic (not on sale, normal price is $25) or $20 on Steam (20% sale price)

It's not misremembering. It's alternative history. Just ask TrumpCat, he has a Ph.D in it from Trump University!

Epic have out one $10 coupon without purchase. Then you got one with every purchase. The $10 coupon is good until May I think and is good on anything above a certain price, not just Hades.

Yo are they rebranding Torchlight frontiers as Torchlight 3 or is it a brand new game. I'm at "work" so I can't check. Any help is appreciated

Torchlight: Frontiers renamed to Torchlight III...and more info on the game:

https://www.destructoid.com/torchlight-frontiers-is-now-torchlight-iii-and-it-s-no-longer-free-to-play-or-an-mmo-579039.phtml

Notes:

- Torchlight: Frontiers has been renamed to Torchlight III

- Torchlight III's leveling system is scrapped (based on gear & item stats)

- Torchlight III will bring back its leveling system, similar in style to Torchlight II.

- Torchlight III is no longer free-to-play

- Torchlight III is now a "premium" game with a cost to purchase (like previous Torchlight titles).

- Torchlight III drops the MMO & open-world aspect.

- TL3 is now being changed to a linear-style game with Acts, like previous Torchlight game.

- Torchlight III is now has modes for offline or optional online...just like Torchlight II.

- Only shared zones and social spaces, when you're online, are towns

- When online, combat zones are mostly private for combat zones in dungeons & other combat zones.

- TL3 is set for Steam for release maybe this Summer...with console versions possibly coming later.

Yo are they rebranding Torchlight frontiers as Torchlight 3 or is it a brand new game. I'm at "work" so I can't check. Any help is appreciated
Yeah, we're on the same page, it looks like!

I saw the news on Destructoid a little bit ago...and pretty much picked-out & posted the important info.

Sounds like it's returning to form, due to focus testing wanting it to be more like Torchlight 2.

They are basically re-tooling and re-doing it...to be more like Torchlight 2.

Sounds like what I really want out of Torchlight title - i.e more Torchlight 2.

Sounds great to me.

Enjoy another free game dump my friends.

[SIZE=12pt]Roombo: First Blood[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=VrNqFAXMtytmkxrf[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Lost in the Dungeon[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=FcZFmcAueNSpbFMK[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]LostWinds 2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=qSKRnxfNFfx35qPM[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]LOVE[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=Vb6ZuAs3UEuyZTyr[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Lucius Demake[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=cDeDXr6MNGW4N2KZ[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Marvins Mittens[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=z7ZYbqYeWsExCxqb[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Match Point[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=WmqVnnEwyRWE6sK7[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Mindball Play[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=cCHyeAaBaXqfqXbz[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Pizza Titan Ultra[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=rFeNBxCtpZp2d6Me[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Race The Sun – Flippfly Key - http://flippfly.com/redeem/
8L4ECFCDYO
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Kind Words[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=nNhzUTVmSZWXFYah[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Macdows 95[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=DBkbnNyEUavMm7wP[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]A Short Hike[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=2qUn88Dpzvm7r4zY[/SIZE]

the division w/ survival
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=Tv5DCFRSND2XdUAE
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=A8nrUh7GmTpnMDn8

11-11 Memories Retold
[SIZE=12pt]https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=5sMhWZE2BARD37a6[/SIZE]

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet in this thread, but it looks like all of the Telltale Walking Dead games (including the final season) were put back onto Steam not that long ago.  Just a heads up for anyone interested.

To all the people who held out hope that Kentucky Route Zero Act V would somehow get released before the end of the world, congratulations. It barely snuck in there at the end.

I think I've reached the saturation point for Hades right now. Haven't won the game, but will likely just play off and on and maybe will wait for full access. It's very good, but you kind of feel a little lack of variety after a while. Mainly talking about the enemy variety, boss variety, and the boon variety. It's a good amount, but after so many runs things are a bit samey when you see the gods and such. There is a lot of different dialogue though which is still alright. Still close to about 18 hours played, which is good. Worth it when exiting early access though it's very clean and plays well right now.

Torchlight: Frontiers renamed to Torchlight III...and more info on the game:

https://www.destructoid.com/torchlight-frontiers-is-now-torchlight-iii-and-it-s-no-longer-free-to-play-or-an-mmo-579039.phtml

Notes:

- Torchlight: Frontiers has been renamed to Torchlight III

- Torchlight III's leveling system is scrapped (based on gear & item stats)

- Torchlight III will bring back its leveling system, similar in style to Torchlight II.

- Torchlight III is no longer free-to-play

- Torchlight III is now a "premium" game with a cost to purchase (like previous Torchlight titles).

- Torchlight III drops the MMO & open-world aspect.

- TL3 is now being changed to a linear-style game with Acts, like previous Torchlight game.

- Torchlight III is now has modes for offline or optional online...just like Torchlight II.

- Only shared zones and social spaces, when you're online, are towns

- When online, combat zones are mostly private for combat zones in dungeons & other combat zones.

- TL3 is set for Steam for release maybe this Summer...with console versions possibly coming later.
Had a lot of fun with TL 1&2. . .until I realized it was like closed Bnet Diablo II with mods, editors, and rampant hex hacking. Basically made the perfect theorycrafted character with duped runes and gear to destroy shit with until I got bored doing tomb runs. Didn't even know they were making an MMO and at this point would rather just play the new Darksiders iso game until D4 comes out whenever. Even Children of Morta managed to improve the formula with some interesting ideas despite being a complete D2 clone.

Had a lot of fun with TL 1&2. . .until I realized it was like closed Bnet Diablo II with mods, editors, and rampant hex hacking. Basically made the perfect theorycrafted character with duped runes and gear to destroy shit with until I got bored doing tomb runs. Didn't even know they were making an MMO and at this point would rather just play the new Darksiders iso game until D4 comes out whenever. Even Children of Morta managed to improve the formula with some interesting ideas despite being a complete D2 clone.
Derpy_GIF.gif

Torchlight was boring. And I hate micromanaging endless amounts of meaningless loot.
Is that 4/5 Mooby's or 5/5 Mooby's??
Torchlight is amazing. Day one purchase for Max: 1) Ditching shitty microtransactions; and 2) selling on Steam.
great that these posts were all in a row lol

fwiw im ususally kinda lukewarm on most arpgs but really liked torchlight 2 so this is cool

I never liked the original Torchlight but the sequel was a decent stand-in until Diablo 3 finally got good. At least that’s what I thought until I recently picked up Torchlight 2 on the Switch and I’ve been having a really hard time getting back into it. Especially after trying out Children of Morta on Game Pass. Now that game has got me hooked. I wish that the children of Morta were my real family.

Are these good specs? I believe this laptop is 7 years old:
Msi GT60 20D

Intel i7 2.4 ghzCPU ---- 4700M
20 gb RAM (max..at 32gb.)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M (4gb)
128gb PCIE SSD
1 TB 7200 rpm HDD
Blue Ray DVD/+RW
Wireless and Bluetooth capable
15.6 Matte Display
Stereo Speaker that's crisp, clear & loud
In built HD camera
HDMI port
USB 3.0 & 2.0 ports
SD card reader..
Working battery that holds a very good
Charge.
Original wall charger.

How much should that laptop cost used? I'm looking now on OfferUp and Craigslist and I'm pretty clueless on what does and doesn't constitute a good gaming laptop. All these video cards are so confusing to me. Can someone here give me like a bare minimum card the laptop needs to include?
The laptop has to have 16 gigs of RAM correct?
How am I supposed to figure out if a certain video card is better than another video card or like I asked earlier, is there a general consensus of a bare minimum card that needs to be included in the laptop in order to run games in 1080p?

For that generation 7 years ago, that would've been a high-end gaming laptop. Not sure how that would really land now.

You could Google those specs and look on Youtube...to see how modern games run.

We're way past those generations of laptop CPU's (Intel here) and GPU's (Nvidia).

CPU's:

So, that number is i7 4700M. You're in the 4000 series, part of 4th generation of Intel's i3, i5, i7, and i9 club of CPU's. i3 is budget, i5 is mid-range, i7 is enthusiast, and i9 is the best of that generation. We won't get into core numbers, thread numbers, Hyperthreading tech, and all of that stuff - b/c each gen, some of that stuff changes w/ each generation.

Right now, Intel is now on the 10000 series.

"K" lettering means it's unlocked for overclocking. "F" means there's no integrated video card, so you'll need to supply one yourself.

So, say....a i7 9700 is a high end CPU w/ no overclocking allowed. 

i7 9700K is a high end CPU with overcocking allowed.

i7 9700KF would mean it's a high-end CPU with overclocking allowed and no Intel-integrated GPU...so you need to supply your own video card in the GPU slot.

NVidia cards:

The problem w/ all laptop-based video cards from Nvidia not in the 1000 series or above...is they are normally a generation or so behind their desktop brethren, performance-wise - i.e. a 4GB 780m performs like a desktop 680 card basically.

Since the breakthrough of the 1000 series of mobile NVidia cards, all mobile laptop cards perform only up to 10% or so slower (i.e. a few frames, if that) when compared to their same desktop equivalent number - i.e. 6GB GTX 1060 laptop version performs...almost the same as a 6GB GTX 1060 desktop card.

So, in NVidia...it looks like this for a 780m:

Front number (which is 7) = represents the generation number of the card. So, begins with 7...it's in the 700 series. This is the 7th generation of Nvidia cards basically.

Back two numbers (which is 80 here) = represents the model of the card. Ending in 50 would be budget, 60 is mid-range, 70 is enthusiast, 80 is the best of that generation basically.

"m" lettering = mobile version.

So 780m is a high-end card in that generation.

Nvidia really messed w/ the naming & numbering scheme...after the 1000 series.

So, they also have the 1600 series (no RTX) and 2000 series (with RTX)...b/c of the RTX thing (Ray-Tracing). RTX cards have Ray-Tracing technology included & the Tensor AI cores (for amazing-looking shadows and lighting - and this stuff is VERY taxing on systems)...and GTX's don't.

You can enable RTX on GTX cards that are GTX 1060 and up (i.e. these cards only: GTX 1060, GTX 1070, GTX 1080, GTX 1660, RTX 2060, RTX 2070, RTX 2080) - but don't expect RTX stuff to run so well on GTX-based cards.

Right now, highest numbered card = 2080. There are variants with the extra Ti and Super tag out there, which both perform better than a stock version of a 2080 (with no tag).

RAM:

I'd recommend for most games - yeah, have 16GB of RAM. Even at 1080p resolution. There are games at higher settings, eating up around 10GB of RAM or so. So yeah, better to be safe...than sorry.

SSD:

Solid State Drives are great. In that one, there's only 128GB...so, use it wisely. Windows 10 eats up around 16-32GB these days, so...the rest could be for storing the very few newer games you play a lot; and especially games that could have longer load times (to boot them up and load them faster).

HDD:
1TB HDD at 7200rpm should be fine for running & booting games, but won't be as fast as SSD for load times.

For that generation 7 years ago, that would've been a high-end gaming laptop. Not sure how that would really land now.

You could Google those specs and look on Youtube...to see how modern games run.

We're way past those generations of laptop CPU's (Intel here) and GPU's (Nvidia).

CPU's:
So, that number is i7 4700M. You're in the 4000 series, part of 4th generation of Intel's i3, i5, i7, and i9 club of CPU's. i3 is budget, i5 is mid-range, i7 is enthusiast, and i9 is the best of that generation. We won't get into core numbers, thread numbers, Hyperthreading tech, and all of that stuff - b/c each gen, some of that stuff changes w/ each generation.

Right now, Intel is now on the 10000 series.

"K" lettering means it's unlocked for overclocking. "F" means there's no integrated video card, so you'll need to supply one yourself.

So, say....a i7 9700 is a high end CPU w/ no overclocking allowed.
i7 9700K is a high end CPU with overcocking allowed.
i7 9700KF would mean it's a high-end CPU with overclocking allowed and no Intel-integrated GPU...so you need to supply your own video card in the GPU slot.

NVidia cards:
The problem w/ all laptop-based video cards from Nvidia not in the 1000 series or above...is they are normally a generation or so behind their desktop brethren, performance-wise - i.e. a 4GB 780m performs like a desktop 680 card basically.

Since the breakthrough of the 1000 series of mobile NVidia cards, all mobile laptop cards perform only up to 10% or so slower (i.e. a few frames, if that) when compared to their same desktop equivalent number - i.e. 6GB GTX 1060 laptop version performs...almost the same as a 6GB GTX 1060 desktop card.

So, in NVidia...it looks like this for a 780m:
Front number (which is 7) = represents the generation number of the card. So, begins with 7...it's in the 700 series. This is the 7th generation of Nvidia cards basically.
Back two numbers (which is 80 here) = represents the model of the card. Ending in 50 would be budget, 60 is mid-range, 70 is enthusiast, 80 is the best of that generation basically.
"m" lettering = mobile version.

So 780m is a high-end card in that generation.

Nvidia really messed w/ the naming & numbering scheme...after the 1000 series.
So, they also have the 1600 series (no RTX) and 2000 series (with RTX)...b/c of the RTX thing (Ray-Tracing). RTX cards have Ray-Tracing technology included & the Tensor AI cores (for amazing-looking shadows and lighting - and this stuff is VERY taxing on systems)...and GTX's don't.

You can enable RTX on GTX cards that are GTX 1060 and up (i.e. these cards only: GTX 1060, GTX 1070, GTX 1080, GTX 1660, RTX 2060, RTX 2070, RTX 2080) - but don't expect RTX stuff to run so well on GTX-based cards.

Right now, highest numbered card = 2080. There are variants with the extra Ti and Super tag out there, which both perform better than a stock version of a 2080 (with no tag).

RAM:
I'd recommend for most games - yeah, have 16GB of RAM. Even at 1080p resolution. There are games at higher settings, eating up around 10GB of RAM or so. So yeah, better to be safe...than sorry.

SSD:
Solid State Drives are great. In that one, there's only 128GB...so, use it wisely. Windows 10 eats up around 16-32GB these days, so...the rest could be for storing the very few newer games you play a lot; and especially games that could have longer load times (to boot them up and load them faster).

HDD:
1TB HDD at 7200rpm should be fine for running & booting games, but won't be as fast as SSD for load times.
So I didn't understand a lot of that. That's why I avoided PC gaming.
Basically you're telling me not to buy that laptop and okay but what is the bare minimum video card I should be looking for? I know about getting at least 16 gigs of RAM but between the 970 and the 1060 and the 1050 and the GX and all that stuff I am completely lost. I see gaming laptops going anywhere from $300 to $1,000 used on OfferUp and Craigslist so I pretty much just need to get some kind of bearings as to what is a good deal and what to avoid.

I'd like to think most of us were smart enough to avoid what was an obvious scam/cashgrab by Blizzard.
I'd practically forgotten about it and had no idea it was near release date until two days ago. What a shit show all around.

So I didn't understand a lot of that. That's why I avoided PC gaming.
Basically you're telling me not to buy that laptop and okay but what is the bare minimum video card I should be looking for? I know about getting at least 16 gigs of RAM but between the 970 and the 1060 and the 1050 and the GX and all that stuff I am completely lost. I see gaming laptops going anywhere from $300 to $1,000 used on OfferUp and Craigslist so I pretty much just need to get some kind of bearings as to what is a good deal and what to avoid.
What games are you really looking to play?

If you're doing modern AAA gaming and plan to play brand new stuff, I'd say no. Namely...b/c of the video card.

You'd probably want for a video card a laptop with any of the following cards: 1050, 1060, 1070, 1080, 1650, 1660, 2060, 2070, or 2080. For video RAM, I'd say go for 4GB worth of VRAM for the GPU at least.

Some of these newer titles, like World War Z, can eat 3.5GB of VRAM like it's nothing.

I have a i7 4720HQ, 16 GB RAM DDR3, 4GB GTX 960M, Windows 10 64-bit laptop...and I run most stuff at 900p or 1080p with 30-35fps at Medium there. Some games include Fallout 4, GW: Wildlands and Vampyr.

I do much better on tougher games on my EVGA SC15 gaming laptop with i7 7700HQ, 16 GB RAM DDR4, 6GB GTX 1060, W10 laptop. Can easily hit 1080p with 60fps at High or better over there. Even games like AC: Odyssey can hit 1080p60fps at High.

EDIT:

If you plan to do mostly any Indie stuff that ain't so demanding - eh, you'd have to mention how much you can buy that 7 year laptop for.

bread's done
Back