Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Don't buy a gaming laptop.  Certainly don't buy a used one.  What to look for completely depends on your budget and what type of games you want to play.  If you list a bunch of console games then my answer is probably going to be: just stick with a console.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't buy a gaming laptop. Certainly don't buy a used one. What to look for completely depends on your budget and what type of games you want to play. If you list a bunch of console games then my answer is probably going to be: just stick with a console.
If one's planning to play higher-end games from the AAA department: given how capable many gaming laptops are since the NVidia GTX 1000 series, I'd say you can do fine w/ a gaming laptop.

You won't obviously have much trouble with Indies (well, except maybe say A Plague's Tale: Innocence, as that feels more like AAA game...even though a Indie team made that) and you'll get a better experience on most AAA stuff here.

If you do this right by spending a good amount of $ (IMHO, spend around $800-1000, you'll do real well - I've seen laptops with GTX 1660's for this kind of $) and finding the right equipment - you can buy a gaming laptop...and that thing will smoke console-performance.

Who the heck wants a console-like 30fps experience, when you can do 60fps or better with a proper gaming PC (whether you buy a desktop or laptop)?

And I'm sure taking your laptop everywhere...is going to be easier than trying to take your gaming console everywhere.

Just got back from Star Wars, Rise of Skywalker. Hold me, Mooby...

Here is my review:

5Oe.gif

I don't get why people aren't fond of modern gaming laptops.

Especially when you can get laptops jam-packed w/ power like this for $900, which is an easy 1080p60+fps laptop - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Laptop-FHD-GTX-Windows-Black-Intel-Nvidia-Display-i7-9750H-16GB-Tuned-10-THX-Memory-Home-144Hz-9th-SSD-512GB-EVOO-Gen-Spatial-Audio-Gaming-15-1660Ti/685182150

Grab a USB 3.0 based hub (with more ports), just connect some stuff to it - hard drive docks with hard drives in it (SSD or HDD); external hard drives; keyboard; mouse; Xbox gamepad; Display-port based monitor or HDMI-monitor; whatever.

I'm not fond of laptop KB/trackpads myself - so when home, I just connect my normal-sized KB/mouse to it.

When home, I connect my gaming laptop (SC15) to my gaming monitor (ViewSonic XG2560 at 1080p 240hz).

Especially when you can get laptops jam-packed w/ power like this for $900, which is an easy 1080p60+fps laptop - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Laptop-FHD-GTX-Windows-Black-Intel-Nvidia-Display-i7-9750H-16GB-Tuned-10-THX-Memory-Home-144Hz-9th-SSD-512GB-EVOO-Gen-Spatial-Audio-Gaming-15-1660Ti/685182150
Because the majority of people just dont need a laptop. For 900$ you can get a pre built desktop with a processor thats 20-30% better then the one in that laptop, and same goes for the gpu

The only time Ive seen people actually *need* a laptop have been in work environments, people who spend the majority of their time traveling such as military and salespeople, or people who feel a need to be able to write their screenplays in a starbucks. Hell I didnt need one at all for school. Nothing useful has ever come from being able to game on the go, except possibly annoying people around you.

Its just a cost/perf thing, if you are actually buying this thing to game on as its primary role aside from surfing and email (or even anything processing intensive), or are going to be using it at home the majority of the time anyway, then why not just get the better bang for the buck that will also last longer spec wise. If you want something to be able to surf and email with on the go, then just get a tablet in a price range you consider fine, Ive used an ipad for years for travel/couch and never felt a need for anything more, can even remotely login to my desktop if I feel a need to do something there

Are these good specs? I believe this laptop is 7 years old:
Msi GT60 20D

Intel i7 2.4 ghzCPU ---- 4700M
20 gb RAM (max..at 32gb.)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M (4gb)
128gb PCIE SSD
1 TB 7200 rpm HDD
Blue Ray DVD/+RW
Wireless and Bluetooth capable
15.6 Matte Display
Stereo Speaker that's crisp, clear & loud
In built HD camera
HDMI port
USB 3.0 & 2.0 ports
SD card reader..
Working battery that holds a very good
Charge.
Original wall charger.

How much should that laptop cost used? I'm looking now on OfferUp and Craigslist and I'm pretty clueless on what does and doesn't constitute a good gaming laptop. All these video cards are so confusing to me. Can someone here give me like a bare minimum card the laptop needs to include?
The laptop has to have 16 gigs of RAM correct?
How am I supposed to figure out if a certain video card is better than another video card or like I asked earlier, is there a general consensus of a bare minimum card that needs to be included in the laptop in order to run games in 1080p?
I don’t know enough to be able to give you a fair price for that—certainly I wouldn’t pay more than $400 or $500 though, if all you want to do is game with it. It’s actually really good for a 7 year old laptop, but honestly I’d only recommend it for gaming if you’re willing to get a newer GPU for it, and I’d recommend considering increasing the size of the SSD, or even replacing the HDD with a 1TB SATA SSD—you should be able to find a pretty good one under $100 these days if you keep an eye out. You can absolutely get a pretty strong gaming laptop—certainly not top of the line, but serviceable—brand new for around $1k, so if the price of all of that together would get into that territory, it’s not worth it.

Because the majority of people just dont need a laptop. For 900$ you can get a pre built desktop with a processor thats 20-30% better then the one in that laptop, and same goes for the gpu

The only time Ive seen people actually *need* a laptop have been in work environments, people who spend the majority of their time traveling such as military and salespeople, or people who feel a need to be able to write their screenplays in a starbucks. Hell I didnt need one at all for school. Nothing useful has ever come from being able to game on the go, except possibly annoying people around you.

Its just a cost/perf thing, if you are actually buying this thing to game on as its primary role aside from surfing and email (or even anything processing intensive), or are going to be using it at home the majority of the time anyway, then why not just get the better bang for the buck that will also last longer spec wise. If you want something to be able to surf and email with on the go, then just get a tablet in a price range you consider fine, Ive used an ipad for years for travel/couch and never felt a need for anything more, can even remotely login to my desktop if I feel a need to do something there
I think the thing I like about laptops is - well, there's no case, so it don't take up tons of space in your house/apartment/room/whatever. And if you want to take it places, you can.

"True" on the performance increase for a desktop.

I've actually seen pre-built desktops like this (HP Omen Obelisk) for around $1200 with a i7 9700 and 8GB RTX 2070 Super at Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-gaming-intel-core-i7-9700-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super-1tb-hdd-512gb-solid-state-drive-shadow-black-dark-chrome-logo/6370810.p?skuId=6370810

Thing is: HP Omen sounds like that smaller-case gets hot (especially from what I've read online, in the 80-90 degrees factor) and might be better off tossed in another case. Meaning, I'd have to buy another case. Not really a big fan of propriety and/or HP stuff - but not bad at all for the $, if you're willing to find ways to deal w/ the heat issues (i.e. add fans, add liquid cooling, toss it all in another case, etc etc).

Myself, I been really looking at this PowerSpec desktop for $1400 with i7 9700KF, 32 GB RAM (max allowed is 128GB), 8GB RTX 2070 Super - https://www.microcenter.com/product/615142/powerspec-g434-gaming-desktop-pc

I'm almost just about ready to put my aging custom W7 x64 PC with i7 950, GTX 970, 16GB of RAM desktop to the side. I'm not even really using this PC, most of the time nowadays. I'm often nowadays using my Acer gaming laptop for surfing and sometimes older gaming stuff (i.e. not-so-challenging stuff); and my SC15 laptop with the GTX 1060 for any sort of current gaming since this is outperforming my aging W7 desktop.

And yeah, I know...all the new AMD, Intel, and NVidia stuff's right around the corner.

And yeah, I bought a $200 Android tablet (which was on sale for $100) from Best Buy at Black Friday (2019) - and been using that a lot for when traveling & going places just to surf & stuff. Also still got my aging NuVision Windows 10 tablet with me most of the time, too.

So I didn't understand a lot of that. That's why I avoided PC gaming.
Basically you're telling me not to buy that
I don't know what to tell you... First, that laptop is older than a PS4, second is a laptop, and is on the platform that has constantly moving specs on what's good and what's not so good. Of course that laptop sucks and you shouldn't buy it at any price and not just because of the specs but because you have no idea how to fix it if/when something goes wrong.

Also you need to ask yourself "Why do I want a laptop?" If it's not a "because I travel and it's my only real option" you shouldn't get a laptop. Laptops cost more, have less power, and if your gaming your going to be tied to one location for power soon enough anyways. Also laptops can have smaller keyboards, shitty built in mice, and, can suck to do any sort of hardware repair/upgrade on them. They are really still a business platform.

Also if my post seems to be a bit blunt realizes you should thank people who help you and not give the crappy answer I quoted. If you want to hame on PC you either need a lot of money or a desire to understand how PCs work.

I want a laptop because I live in a 400sqft studio apartment. It will also take over my old laptop so I will use it as a computer and a gaming machine. I'm buying a used one because there's no way I'm paying $1,000 or more. I basically want the best bang for the buck. Probably something under $500. Brand new that won't get me any kind of gaming laptop but used even if it's like two years old will be able to get me a pretty decent one.

The games I want to be able to play in 1080P 60fps are all The Orange Box games, Assassin's Creed 4, all of the free epic games over the last year etc. I have an Xbox One X so I'm covered for games like Red Dead Redemption 2.

I found this on offer up for $500
ASUS - ROG GU501GM 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 1TB Hybrid Drive + 128GB SSD - Brushed Black

Good laptop for the price?

I find that gaming laptops are harder to amputate and replace parts for. Also, quite a few of the laptops I've had either ended up with a broken bezel or hinge. Those are things you don't get with a desktop. Laptops can also suffer from cooling issues, which can be fixed much easier in a desktop. And the power-cost ratio is inefficient.

Personally, I have a gaming laptop due to mobility and space constraints. The increased graphics processing also helps in graphic design and video editing. But it's not cost efficient if you're worried about money. The best you could hope for is to wait for another good laptop to go on clearance at Walmart. Just keep in mind that the "Overpowered" brand has a lot of bang for the buck, but has terrible airflow and will overheat and shut off a lot.

I want a laptop because I live in a 400sqft studio apartment. It will also take over my old laptop so I will use it as a computer and a gaming machine. I'm buying a used one because there's no way I'm paying $1,000 or more. I basically want the best bang for the buck. Probably something under $500. Brand new that won't get me any kind of gaming laptop but used even if it's like two years old will be able to get me a pretty decent one.

The games I want to be able to play in 1080P 60fps are all The Orange Box games, Assassin's Creed 4, all of the free epic games over the last year etc. I have an Xbox One X so I'm covered for games like Red Dead Redemption 2.

ASUS - ROG GU501GM 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 1TB Hybrid Drive + 128GB SSD - Brushed Black

For $500, that's fine. Brand new, those are often around $700+.

About the intel i7 - which one? There's 10 generations worth of i7's now. I'm guessing, it's probably a 7000 series card, as 1060's were often found with those loaded in there. Hopefully, it has a 7700 regular or 7700 HQ. CPU's are important, so make sure you mention...which one is in there.

Also, how many GB of VRAM on the GTX 1060? There are 3GB and 6GB versions on that card. The more GB of VRAM that you have, the more details & higher settings that you can push in a game.

Even if you say only had 3GB VRAM on the 1060 - Orange Box, AC4, and most of the free Epic games won't challenge the 1060. 1080p60fps should be fine w/ that PC.

Batman: Arkham Knight was free in Epic Store once - and if you got that, it's the most challenging game to run from the Epic Free Club at Higher settings. Still, shouldn't be an issue to get 30fps1080p for Arkham Knight - as that game ran like crap and eats VRAM like it's nothing.

Even RDR2 should run okay at 1080p with 40-60fps at Low with i7 7700, 16 GB RAM, and GTX 1060:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tkXvEpPVMI

Personally, I have a gaming laptop due to mobility and space constraints. The increased graphics processing also helps in graphic design and video editing. But it's not cost efficient if you're worried about money. The best you could hope for is to wait for another good laptop to go on clearance at Walmart. Just keep in mind that the "Overpowered" brand has a lot of bang for the buck, but has terrible airflow and will overheat and shut off a lot.
WalMart now often has the EVOO brand, which has been replacing Overpowered of late. It's basically has this generation of stuff inside - i.e. i7 9000 series, GTX 1650's and above, 8GB of RAM or more, etc etc.

Such as this - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Laptop-FHD-GTX-Windows-Black-Intel-Nvidia-Display-i7-9750H-16GB-Tuned-10-THX-Memory-Home-144Hz-9th-SSD-512GB-EVOO-Gen-Spatial-Audio-Gaming-15-1660Ti/685182150

And this - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Laptop-FHD-GTX-Windows-Black-Intel-Nvidia-Display-i7-9750H-16GB-Tuned-10-THX-Memory-1650-Home-144Hz-9th-SSD-EVOO-Gen-Spatial-256GB-Audio-Gaming-15/545386564?athcpid=545386564&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVAV&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=17fca23f-afc-16ffb7bd83c928&athancid=null&athena=true

That laptop is on Amazon for $1200 new and $900 used. That's a great gaming laptop for the price, but definitely vet the seller and check it over before buying it. Even a slight crack on the screen can be a deal-breaker.

I don't really get the space argument for a laptop.  Unless your only alternative is some wardrobe-sized mega case, it seems that most people could get a mid-sized case, set it under their desk or along the wall and never notice it.  A case like this (random example) takes up 1.3sq feet of floor space and, again, you can probably find 1.3sq feet of space you weren't actually using anyway.  Even in a 400sq ft apartment, that leaves you a solid 398.7sq feet for futons and beer cans.

Edit: Before anyone brings up the monitor, etc it seems like half the time people talk about how, at home, they plug their laptop into their gaming monitor (versus using the 15" display) and use a mouse and all that so I see it as a wash.  All that stuff is sitting somewhere anyway.

I am speaking from experience here: never buy a used gaming laptop period. If you can afford it, get a new one with an Nvidia 1660 GPU. It will cost twice as much as the one you're looking at on Craig's List but you'll be 10X happier with your purchase in the long run. Ignore people asking you what types of games you play...doesn't matter. Future proofing is key with a laptop because you won't be able to upgrade key components down the road. Just because you don't plan on playing AAA titles on it today doesn't mean that still holds true 6 months or a year from now.

Grab a USB 3.0 based hub (with more ports), just connect some stuff to it - hard drive docks with hard drives in it (SSD or HDD); external hard drives; keyboard; mouse; Xbox gamepad; Display-port based monitor or HDMI-monitor; whatever.

I'm not fond of laptop KB/trackpads myself - so when home, I just connect my normal-sized KB/mouse to it.

When home, I connect my gaming laptop (SC15) to my gaming monitor (ViewSonic XG2560 at 1080p 240hz).
modern-gaming-laptops.jpg

Gaming laptops run hot, the graphics stutter bc of it, and have keyboards for little wittle people.  If something breaks or goes wrong you're also in for a world of pain. 

That's a steal for $500 - provided only if the PC hasn't been used to death; PC doesn't have issues (i.e. cracked screen, nasty dents, etc); and the thermals aren't murderous.

Of course, one could always connect a monitor via HDMI or DP (depends on ports it has), if the built-in screen died; and the person plans to keep the PC stationary in one spot (i.e. not take it traveling).

You can generally ignore the objections of these fogies. They’re mostly not wrong, but they’re overblowing things more than a little, we tend to have a PC as primary gaming device perspective here. If all you’re looking for is a supplement to a primarily console-based experience and you’re not looking to switch, future-proofing is a secondary concern—not an afterthought, but I’m guessing you’ll probably be satisfied as long as you’re getting something that can play the generally non-AAA games that won’t come to console over the next few years?

If high graphical performance isn’t top of your list of priorities, a halfway decent gaming laptop should do that.

My only question is whether you really need one. If space is really your only concern, they absolutely make relatively small desktops, something you could easily fit on a shelf, that would be more capable on a similar budget—though a good quality display, mouse, and keyboard could tilt that balance a bit.

If you’re hoping for a gaming experience that isn’t chained to a wall, well you’re not going to get one with a gaming laptop. Even the most powerful current laptop batteries tend to drain in 2-3 hours tops of gaming when brand new, and some gaming laptops actually have a massive performance hit when they aren’t plugged in—we’re not talking a few frames at the highest settings, we’re talking overall performance being reduced to less than half.

The main reason you should get a gaming laptop, imo, is if you spend a long time away from home and want to take your gaming with you, and/or if you need a computer you can bring outside the house regularly for other reasons, something a tiny budget ultrabook or tablet just isn’t going to work for.

Gaming laptops run hot, the graphics stutter bc of it, and have keyboards for little wittle people. If something breaks or goes wrong you're also in for a world of pain.
I dunno, my SC15 has G-Sync w/ 120hz refresh and doesn't stutter at 1080p60fps+ at High or better in most instances. [shrug]

Don't have heat issues on the SC15 laptop (with 6gb 1060 mobile) even though the fans can get loud...which for me won't matter that much, 'cause I crank up the sound on speakers or headphones anyways.

I can have issues with heat on Acer Nitro (with 4gb 960m) - so that's why I have to run that at 900p or 1080p at Medium & limit FPS to 30-40 on some titles (i.e. think Fallout 4 and Vampyr).

But, yeah - I'd guess dealing with any failures would suck, as you'd have to deal w/ pulling the laptop apart. Never done that before on a laptop. Much easier to deal w/ a desktop, in that regard - as you have plenty of space.

About keyboards and trackpads - I don't like most of 'em. I always plug in a USB hub and put a real KB & mouse in there, when I'm home.

This seems like a pretty niche field of games to bother buying a PC for but, nonetheless, I'd still advise against a used laptop. No warranty whatsoever. The size of your apartment isn't too much of a concern, either. You can go with an matx build or even an itx. Space isn't even an issue for me but I went with an matx build simply because it's easier to move the thing around.

Desktops are running 240hz+ at 1080p. 360hz monitors are coming out this year. 1080p is years behind. Like I've been working toward 4K entertainment since late 2017 now. 1440p on my desktop. 4K30 w/HDR has been on consoles for a few years. It's why I've hardly bought any new release console games during the last 1-2 years. We're past that. You could run a Ryzen 2200 with integrated graphics at 1080p. I don't know why we're recounting the specs of yesteryear.

Is some random, busted ass, used laptop from 6 years ago a good deal? No, of course it isn't. Why do you think the guy is selling it? It's either broken, or old, or both. If you want a gaming laptop you buy yourself something brand new. Not some guy's used shite with godknowswhat wrong with it. Definitely not cum stains. You wanna get out the cotton swabs, a bottle of isopropyl alcohol, and go to town? fuck no. Mmmm skin flakes, fingernails, and food morsels.

well now you have to give us some recommendations of must have mods. and if one of them isn't clean faces, i will be very disappointed.
Over a week later and I'm mostly finished tweaking my load order...

Major graphical changes:
Semirelis ENB
Cathedral Weathers
Landscapes - Cathedral Concept (Grass Only)
Realistic Lighting Overhaul
Noble 2K (Architecture and stone textures only)
Skyland - A Landscape Texture Overhaul (Only landscape textures)
Skyrim Realistic Overhaul (Everything else not covered by Noble and Skyland)
Realistic Water Two
Granite Mountains

Still only running on a lowly 4690K and 4GB Nitro Fury. Framrates: 40-50 outdoors/50-60 indoors.

[customspoiler=Mod List...kinda long]
I tried to take out most of the patches and fluff...

360 Walk and Run Plus
3PCO - 3rd Person Camera Overhaul - Smooth Camera Follow
A Cathedralist's ENB Mist Fix
A Quality World Map
A Quality World Map Clear Skies
Acquisitive Soul Gems Multithreaded
All Geared Up Derivative SE - AllGUD
Alternate Start - Live Another Life - SSE
Amazing Follower Tweaks SE
Andromeda - Unique Standing Stones of Skyrim
Another Black Thieves Guild Armor SE
Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim
Apophysis Dragon Priest Masks SE
Archet's Dark Brotherhood - Improved Shadowmere
Ars Metallica - Smithing Enhancement
Auto Hide Ammo
Barenziah's Glory SE
Honeybrew Bee Hives
Better Dialogue Controls
Better Dynamic Snow SE
Better Harvesting
Better Jumping SE
Better Tel Mithryn
Beyond Skyrim - Bruma SE
Black Mage Armor SE
Blended Roads
Book Covers Skyrim
Bowlegged jump animation fix
Eli's Breezehome
Bring Out Your Dead
Carriage and Ferry Travel Overhaul (Formerly Complete Fast Travel Overhaul)
Castle Volkihar Rebuilt - SSE
Cathedral - Plants
Cathedral Snow (SSE or VR)
Cathedral Weathers and Seasons
Cats in Skyrim
CC's Enhanced Ore Veins SSE - 2K - 7.1
Complete Widescreen Fix for Vanilla and SkyUI 2.2 and 5.2 SE
Consistent Older People
Cosmic Spells
Customizable Camera
Cutting Room Floor - SSE
Dark Brotherhood Armor Male 2k
Dark Brotherhood Mask Fix - SSE
Dark Brotherhood Reborn - Dawnstar Sanctuary SEE
Darkwater Crossing
Dawnguard Map Markers
Dawnstar
Deadly Spell Impacts
Designs of the Nords
Detailed Rugs
Diverse Dragons Collection SE (DDCse)
Diverse Guards Skyrim
Diverse Werewolves Collection SE
Dragon Bridge
Dragon.Priest.by.Kajuan
Draugr.by.Kajuan
Ducks and Swans for Skyrim SE
Dust Effects by HHaleyy
DX Faction Crossbows SE
Elemental Staffs SE
Elysium Estate SSE
Embers HD
ENB Helper SE
Enhanced Blood Textures
Enhanced Vanilla Trees
ESO Skyshards - SSE
ETHEREAL CLOUDS - Special Edition
Ethereal Elven Overhaul Main
Even Better Quest Objectives SE
Eye Normal Map Fix SSE
Falkreath
Falmer.by.Kajuan
Falskaar
Fangs and Eyes - A Vampire Appearance Mod
Fast Travel Speed Fix
Faster Mining Plus SE
Fixed body collision
Flora Respawn Fix
Followers can Relax
Footprints
Fores New Idles in Skyrim SE - FNIS SE
Fores New Idles in Skyrim SE - FNIS SE Behavior
Forgotten Magic Redone SE
Frankly HD Dawnguard Armor and Weapons
Gemling Queen Jewelry SE
Giant.by.Kajuan
Gildergreen Regrown
Granite Mountains
Grass FPS Booster - Cathedral
Greater Skaal Village
Growl - Werebeasts of Skyrim
Hagraven.by.Kajuan
Haven Bag
HD LODs Textures SE
HD Photorealistic Ivy
HD Road Signs - 2K and 4K
Helarchen Creek
High Quality Food and Ingredients SE
Hold Border Banners
Horncandles.by.Kajuan
Horse Whistle SE
Humans Mer and Beastfolk - The Cathedral Concept
Hvergelmir's Aesthetics - Beards
Hvergelmir's Aesthetics - Brows
Immersive Armors
Immersive Dragons
Immersive HUD - iHUD Special Edition
Immersive KS Hairdos
Immersive Mouth and Teeth - Skyrim Version
Immersive Patrols SE
Immersive Sounds - Compendium
Immersive Weapons
Imperious - Races of Skyrim
Improved Eyes Skyrim
Ish's Respec Mod
Ivarstead
JContainers SE
JK's Riverwood
JK's Skyhaven forge
JS Dragon Claws SE
Just Ice 2K
Karthwasten
Keld-Nar
KS Hairdos SSE Female
KS Hairdos SSE Male
Kynesgrove
Kynreeve Armor SSE
Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods
Landscapes - Cathedral Concept Grass Only
Lanterns Of Skyrim II
LeanWolf's Better-Shaped Weapons - All in One Installer
Left Hand Rings Modified SE
Light Refracting Glass Armors and Weapons
Light Refracting Glass Armors and Weapons Options
Magical College of Winterhold
Mammoth.by.Kajuan
Manor Roads
Matso Immersive Sun for SSE
My Home is Your Home
New Beginnings - Live Another Life Extension SSE
No BS AI Projectile Dodge (Magic and Arrows) - Immersive Projectiles Nondetection of Enemies
No Edge Glow - Magic and Transformations
No more Radial Blur - Performance optimization
No NPC Greetings (Special Edition)
No snow under the roof
No Spinning Death Animation
Noble Skyrim Mod HD-2K
Oakwood
OBIS SE - Organized Bandits In Skyrim Special Edition
Open Cities Skyrim - SSE
Opulent Thieves Guild
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim Theif Skills
Pastel Map Markers
PELTAPALOOZA - Special Edition
Perk Points and More Gold for Bounty Quests
Pick up books simple - With weightless books option
Point The Way
Predator Vision - Night Eye and Thermal Vision Overhaul
Proper Aiming
Provincial Courier Service
QUASIPC - Qwinn's Unified Automated Self Installing Patch Compendium
Quest Markers Restored
Quests Are In Skyrim
Quick Light SE
Rabbits Kingdom SE
RaceMenu
Realistic Conversations
Realistic Hair Colors
Realistic High Altitude Treeline
Realistic Horse Breeds by KrittaKitty
Realistic Lighting Overhaul (RLO) SSE All-In-One Installer
Realistic Water Two
Rebalanced Leveled Lists
Refracting Stalhrim Armors and Weapons
Refracting Stalhrim Armors and Weapons Options
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul - RDO SE
Rich Skyrim Merchants
Riverside Lodge
Rorikstead
RS Children Overhaul
Ruins Clutter Improved SE
Run For Your Lives
RUSTIC DAEDRA - Special Edition
RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Special Edition
RUSTIC SPRIGGAN - Special Edition
RUSTIC WINDOWS - Special Edition
SABRECAT.by.Kajuan
Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim
Settlements Expanded
Shor's Stone
ShowRaceMenu Alternative
Simple Raven Rock Expansion
Skeleton.and.Human.Bones.by.Kajuan
skyBirds SSE Edition
Skyland - A Landscape Texture Overhaul
Skyrim Better Roads
Skyrim Better Roads Eastmarch
Skyrim Better Roads The Rift
Skyrim Better Roads Winterhold
Skyrim Realistic Overhaul
Skyrim SE Improved Puddles
Skyrim_Particle_Patch_for_ENB
SkySight Skins - Ultra HD Male Textures and Real Feet Meshes (2K1K VANILLA)
SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators SE
SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators SE Wolves
SkyUI
Soljund's Sinkhole
Sounds of Skyrim - Complete Edition - MCM
SSE Engine Fixes (skse64 plugin)
Static Mesh Improvement Mod
Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers
Storefront
Storm Lightning for SSE and VR (Minty Lightning 2019)
Summermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim
Telengard
The Choice is Yours
The Forgotten City
The Notice Board SE
The Paarthurnax Dilemma
Timing is Everything SE
Transparent and refracting Icicle and Frost Atronach
Troll.by.Kajuan
Ultimate HD Fire Effects SSE
Unicorn SE
Unique Uniques SE
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
UNP Body Fit Armors and Clothing
UNP Female Body Renewal
Volkihar Knight - Vampire Armor
Whistling Mine
White Phial Replacer SE
Wider MCM Menu for SkyUI
Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim
Winterhold Restored
Wintersun - Faiths of Skyrim
Wispmother.by.Kajuan
WiZkiD - Hall of the Dead Stained Glass Windows
WiZkiD Signs
XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended
XxAwesome_PotionsxX SSE
Zerofrost Mythical Armors and Dragon Nightingale
Zim's Immersive Artifacts V1.5

[/customspoiler]

I mean, they're both right. 1080 is both old and remains popular due to its low system requirements. It also says that over half the people are using a four core CPU but I wouldn't use that as my recommendation benchmark.

Over a week later and I'm mostly finished tweaking my load order...
Which one of those turns all the NPCs into buxom anime girls?

The real test would be to find out what resolution everyone is using on the store that really counts these days, if they ever had a survey: MysterD Epic Store.

Steam Survey, Dec 2019 - https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

Sure, 1080p is old and "years behind"...

Yet 64.94% are using 1080p on Steam.

Only almost 6% are using 1440p.

Almost 2% are running at 4K.
We're talking about 'buying new hardware today'. That's the discussion that is taking place. Not 'what people are currently using'.

People are SELLING their 2012 rigs, yes. Hell if you can subsidize a brand new 2020 $1000 build by selling your old one for $500 then shit yeah you do that.

I am not sure how many times I have to repeat myself but I am NOT GOING TO SPEND $1000 plus on a laptop or PC. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. I have an LG B7A OLED TV. I game in 4K with my One X. I was told 4K laptops and PCs are super expensive. One X still can't be beat for the price. Not even a desktop PC is as powerful as a One X for $350. Anyway, plenty of people keep good care of their Laptops and sell them when they upgrade. Not all used items are bad. In fact, every single Laptop I've bought has been used and I have never paid over $200 for one. My current Laptop I'm on right now is a Lenovo ideapad 110 that I bought used for $200 like 3 years ago is still doing fine it's just not very good for gaming. Some laptops I see for sale are dirty or have cracks sure but most of them look like they are in good shape. If I did get a desktop tower, I would just hook it up to my 55 inch OLED. I could in theory just put it over by my TV and be done with it and keep my current Laptop but the though was to get a gaming laptop to replace my current Laptop and then sell my old one for whatever I can get to help offset a little bit of the cost of the new gaming laptop.

Look, if you are anti laptop, it's pointless to reply to me. I didn't know people were abused by laptops growing up and that so many of them touched their no no special place. I like laptops and am looking for a gaming laptop. If you are pro desktop, good for you but I want a laptop. It's like trying to reason with people that think dogs are people. We will have to agree to disagree. Laptops have cons sure but the pros outweigh them for me.

Oh and people seem to have ignored this post I made:

That is a good price for that Laptop correct?

^ save your time guys and let it drop.  I already had this cag's posts hidden due to incessant similar posts in other threads i visit.  For some reason this thread was mistaken for a 'ask your tech-ignorant Q's here' (but still don't really listen) thread.

EDIT: I see you are hell-bent on buying a laptop. Carry on then. If you are viewing it as a disposable product and you are fine with that, then by all means. That's the mindset you'd want to have to do what you're considering doing.

Personal story: I owned an ASUS ROG gaming laptop and I loved it with all my heart. It was a killer machine and well put together. And then it overheated and is now a doorstop. Still loved it tho...

My original anti-laptop personal perspective:

Laptops can go to hell. I've owned plenty out of necessity and am glad to be rid of them.

YES they are small, but they are full of proprietary, overly-expensive parts, and are a huge pain in the butt to troubleshoot and repair. As mentioned, they are prone to overheating, which does terrible things to the hardware. Buying one used is taking a huge chance that I personally would not want to take.

You'd be much better off putting together a cheap gaming PC.

Okay so I'm in the wrong thread then? Can someone point me to the right thread or do I have to go on a different website?

You'll have to go back in time to find a thread where you'll find the support and reassurance you're seeking about buying that old ass laptop.
ASUS - ROG GU501GM 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 1TB Hybrid Drive + 128GB SSD

That came out a year and a half ago. That's old ass?

Okay so I'm in the wrong thread then? Can someone point me to the right thread or do I have to go on a different website?
Dude MysterD gave you great info, and a lot of people are weighing in with some honest (though sometimes contentious) advice. The way seeking advice works is for the advice-seeker to humbly ask follow-up questions relevant to their interests, because being rude and apprehensive won't win you any brownie points.

Up to you. You can continue to ask questions and drop some of the entitlement, or you can do your own research on Google and we'll continue the tech talk without you.

I game on an XB1X on an OLED okay?  Don't tell me how to spend my money!

If you are anti-lewd animu schoolgirl, then it's pointless to reply to me.  Just looking for some confirmation bias here ffs.  Then I will say "ok thanks" and promptly leave. 

Dude MysterD gave you great info, and a lot of people are weighing in with some honest (though sometimes contentious) advice. The way seeking advice works is for the advice-seeker to humbly ask follow-up questions relevant to their interests, because being rude and apprehensive won't win you any brownie points.

Up to you. You can continue to ask questions and drop some of the entitlement, or you can do your own research on Google and we'll continue the tech talk without you.
Wow, I really didn't get my question or point across very clearly at all. I simply asked which laptops would be able to run certain games. I got a lot of people telling me laptops suck and they are the worst thing in the world and instead to spend $1,000 to $2,000 on a desktop.

I responded with I didn't want to spend more than like $500 and my reasons for wanting a laptop and still was told forget laptops and spend one or two grand and get a desktop. There are people that responded in favor of laptops but I now get that most here hate them.

I also understand that many here can't comprehend I don't want to spend two grand on a desktop. They also can't comprehend I don't want to spend more than $500 and am very very comfortable with buying a used laptop.

I get it. I'm being advised not to even bother with a gaming laptop by most here. They only exist for stupid idiots that travel a lot and love wasting money. I sincerely didn't realize that gaming laptops were such a touchy subject. I'll start looking at used desktops instead. I won't mention ****** ******* again.

Wow, I really didn't get my question or point across very clearly at all. I simply asked which laptops would be able to run certain games. I got a lot of people telling me laptops suck and they are the worst thing in the world and instead to spend $1,000 to $2,000 on a desktop.

I responded with I didn't want to spend more than like $500 and my reasons for wanting a laptop and still was told forget laptops and spend one or two grand and get a desktop. There are people that responded in favor of laptops but I now get that most here hate them.

I also understand that many here can't comprehend I don't want to spend two grand on a desktop. They also can't comprehend I don't want to spend more than $500 and am very very comfortable with buying a used laptop.

I get it. I'm being advised not to even bother with a gaming laptop by most here. They only exist for stupid idiots that travel a lot and love wasting money. I sincerely didn't realize that gaming laptops were such a touchy subject. I'll start looking at used desktops instead. I won't mention ****** ******* again.
I think a big point you're missing that people may not have completely explained is that $1000 is kind of the break point where you start getting the most value for your dollar when buying computer hardware... so much so that it's to a point where people are looking to spend less it's frequently worth telling them they've be better off running on the hardware they do have until they can save up $1000 or so to spend.

If you're spending less, well you're buying old tech and still paying full retail on it. While I can see you're trying to avoid that by purchasing second hand, that comes with it's own sets of problems as hardware does have a finite lifespan, and user patterns and the amount of care used does come in to play.

People were also guiding you away from notebooks because when you do compare them head to head, you do get significantly more for your money if you go with desktops and when you build your own.

Don't forget this is a hobbyist forum, and what people are looking for here is going to be different than your average bargain shopper.
Just like if you went to an automobile forum, the things that the average user is going to be looking for is going to be completely different than someone trying to price out a "daily driver".

I game on an XB1X on an OLED okay? Don't tell me how to spend my money!

If you are anti-lewd animu schoolgirl, then it's pointless to reply to me. Just looking for some confirmation bias here ffs. Then I will say "ok thanks" and promptly leave.
I game with a NES on a CRT, and go to the same barber shop that Clint Eastwood went to in Gran Torino. Get off my lawn.

How hard is this? Go read reviews/benchmarks for the device, decide if that performance is worth $500 to you, spend (or don't) the money.

and instead to spend $1,000 to $2,000 on a desktop.
No one has recommended that. People have said that a desktop will get you better performance per dollar than a laptop and that, unless you have specific needs that would require a laptop, you're better off investing that money into a desktop system.

ASUS - ROG GU501GM 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 1TB Hybrid Drive + 128GB SSD
Those parts are fine and should run any of the epic store freebies no (well maybe some) sweat, especially if that 1060 is the 6gb version and especially especially if you aren't concerned if your frames dip from time to time. Buying used you would want to make extra sure the battery doesn't suck, it doesn't overheat after 20 minutes of use, the screen is in good condition, and that the keyboard/track pad isn't awful and full of cheetos and mountain dew.

Honestly I think gaming on a little laptop screen would be a pain in the butt, especially if you're used to gaming on a 4k tv. And if that leads you to just plugging your laptop into your tv whenever you want to game at home then you are doing yourself a disservice by not getting a tower that you can at least upgrade over time if you decide you want to spend more time on it.

TLDR: The laptop is fine in the sense that it can play the past few years worth of indies that epic has given away. Just know you are buying old tech with no real way of making it newer down the road.

TLDR x2: Just use your switch when you're out and about (I've seen you in that forum pretty sure) and get a cheap tower for the apt that you can upgrade over time and hook into your fancy tv.

Keep in mind, PC hardware gets viewed as old very quickly here. Tech is constantly and always changing here on the PC. So much so (on the changing part), I've been debating buying a new desktop for about a week now and been up & down w/ it on the "Do I do this or not?"...namely b/c of all the new AMD and NVidia stuff that's coming this year.

Be warned: PC gaming is not a cheap hobby. To do well here, IMHO...I often think you're looking at either desktops or laptops in the $800-2000 area, just to get something good-to-great brand new (i.e. not used).

Sure, you can save a ton of $ on games w/ Humble Bundles, bundle sites, Epic Store freebies, sales, and other stuff of that sort - but if done right, your real money's going to be spent on the hardware.

Lately, I've found myself less & less using my desktop (i7 950; 16 GB RAM DDR3; 4GB GTX 970; W7 x 64) - and more so using my Acer for older stuff/not as demanding stuff and surfing; and my SC15 laptop for real gaming (i7 7700HQ; 16 GB RAM DDR4; 6GB GTX 1060; W10). So, yeah - a part of me is really in "I want a new desktop" mode...even though it's also not really a great time to be in that mode (i.e. too much change seems to be coming with just this year alone - this doesn't look to be another recursive year of tech).

Let's face it: laptops are not really built for upgrading, for most people. If you know what you're doing, you could bust it open and probably change things like RAM and maybe the HDD/SSD easily - but you probably aren't going to change CPU's and GPU's (they're often welded to the board). If you want to change GPU's in a laptop, you're going to want Thunderbolt 3 (or better) - and most laptops don't come with that anyways (i.e. this stuff ain't cheap and ain't common yet). And then you're going to need another case likely, so you won't likely be mobile to get that boost. And if you're going to want a future & you are looking to future-proof stuff, you're better off w/ a desktop - as parts are much easier to swap in & out there...if you want to be able to do the upgrading route.

We're starting to see a lot of PC parts, PC's (desktops & laptops), and other things...drop BIG time...namely b/c of all the new stuff coming. Heck, look at Reddit and all of the prices dropping at Microcenter for Ryzen CPU's b/c of the new stuff coming around the corner. And it's going to change even crazier b/c everything seems to be changing w/ new consoles on the way too. AMD is really starting to get competitive again (for probably the real first time in 10 years or so) - and things could drastically change soon & fast, w/ new architectures (i.e. read stuff on how the Ryzen works, for example) and the 7nm-based tech that's coming (most Intel stuff use 14nm, for example). We could be seeing one of the biggest jumps & changes in a long time happening very soon within one whole generation of stuff here, since probably the Intel i3/i5/i7 line began some 10 years ago or so...and it could be, this time around, AMD changing the market, not Intel. (For the most part, Intel's normally been the leader). AMD hasn't been competitive in years (probably since the old Athlon days when we had mostly single-core CPU's, IMHO), but...AMD's Ryzen seems to be a major threat to Intel.

If you're looking to basically run all of the stuff from the Epic Store that was free last year - I don't really see much of a challenge from any of those games w/ that system that you mentioned in the above quote. You might have a little bit of a future (me, I have similar hardware on my laptop) - but who knows really how much of one, TBH. It's going to depend a lot on what you want out of the laptop (or desktop) - are you fine w/ just wanting to play at 1080p right now? Do you want 60fps or better right now? If you're looking for just right now - sure, that PC's going to do just fine w/ the Epic Game Store Free 2019 stuff.

And you'll likely, w/ that system, also be fine w/ lots of older games on the PC, too - in which the PC has an insanely huge backlog and history catalogue here (provided you might need to mod older gamers, to get them running at all or even running properly). Plenty of that stuff to find on Steam, GOG, and places of that sort these days. I love that, pretty much, I can still run old games here on my new PC's...with not too much of a challenge and with a little bit of modding/tinkering. Always can check a PC Gaming Wiki, a Steam Guide, or online forum...and find out how to get older stuff going.

And if you want to take the risk of buying used; possibly hotter thermals (this is more common in laptops) and learn how to deal with them (i.e. just don't push stuff too hard & you will just tinker w/ things when necessary - yeah, I learned this from my Acer Nitro 960m laptop); no warranty; and any of those possibilities - hey, it's all your call. I hope you get a great used one for $500, if you're still going that route (b/c if that's things in good shape, that's a nice deal) - but, you still are dice-rolling a bit here, not going new and all. I'd personally rather spend the extra $ and get it new or even a little bit less than new w/ an open box at a retailer (that's been returned and barely touched). Just, you know, do know and be aware of what you're getting into here.

I like laptops and desktops. I have both, a fair amount of laptops (i.e. I have an Acer Nitro laptop with a 960m that I bought in 2016 and a SC15 with a 1060m that I bought in 2018). When I go travel & go places, I often take one of my laptops with me. I can game on that, while I'm not home. Not everybody is going to be buying desktops and/or laptops left & right, like I do here & there every few years. Not everybody lives the same gaming lifestyle I do and doesn't mind tossing around $800-2000 here and there every few years.

Personally, I'm happy w/ 1080p60fps gaming. I'm even more so fine w/ games at 90fps, 120fps, 240fps, whatever - especially w/ G-Sync. I'm okay with 30fps gaming - but eh, I'd rather push better framerates. Some might prefer 1440p, 4K, or stuff of that sort - and want to spend that $. That stuff ain't cheap. I have a 4K monitor - eh, it's really gone to waste, the last year or so...since realizing how much I prefer higher framerates (if a game can go there) and G-Sync (for now). I don't have a card that really can push that stuff that hard; I don't have say a GTX 1070, GTX 1080, RTX 2070, or GTX 2080...or better yet.

Those parts are fine and should run any of the epic store freebies no (well maybe some) sweat, especially if that 1060 is the 6gb version and especially especially if you aren't concerned if your frames dip from time to time. Buying used you would want to make extra sure the battery doesn't suck, it doesn't overheat after 20 minutes of use, the screen is in good condition, and that the keyboard/track pad isn't awful and full of cheetos and mountain dew.

Honestly I think gaming on a little laptop screen would be a pain in the butt, especially if you're used to gaming on a 4k tv. And if that leads you to just plugging your laptop into your tv whenever you want to game at home then you are doing yourself a disservice by not getting a tower that you can at least upgrade over time if you decide you want to spend more time on it.

TLDR: The laptop is fine in the sense that it can play the past few years worth of indies that epic has given away. Just know you are buying old tech with no real way of making it newer down the road.

TLDR x2: Just use your switch when you're out and about (I've seen you in that forum pretty sure) and get a cheap tower for the apt that you can upgrade over time and hook into your fancy tv.

Keep in mind, PC hardware gets viewed as old very quickly here. Tech is constantly and always changing here on the PC. So much so (on the changing part), I've been debating buying a new desktop for about a week now and been up & down w/ it on the "Do I do this or not?"...namely b/c of all the new AMD and NVidia stuff that's coming this year.

Be warned: PC gaming is not a cheap hobby. To do well here, IMHO...I often think you're looking at either desktops or laptops in the $800-2000 area, just to get something good-to-great brand new (i.e. not used).

Sure, you can save a ton of $ on games w/ Humble Bundles, bundle sites, Epic Store freebies, sales, and other stuff of that sort - but if done right, your real money's going to be spent on the hardware.

Lately, I've found myself less & less using my desktop (i7 950; 16 GB RAM DDR3; 4GB GTX 970; W7 x 64) - and more so using my Acer for older stuff/not as demanding stuff and surfing; and my SC15 laptop for real gaming (i7 7700HQ; 16 GB RAM DDR4; 6GB GTX 1060; W10). So, yeah - a part of me is really in "I want a new desktop" mode...even though it's also not really a great time to be in that mode (i.e. too much change seems to be coming with just this year alone - this doesn't look to be another recursive year of tech).

Let's face it: laptops are not really built for upgrading, for most people. If you know what you're doing, you could bust it open and probably change things like RAM and maybe the HDD/SSD easily - but you probably aren't going to change CPU's and GPU's (they're often welded to the board). If you want to change GPU's in a laptop, you're going to want Thunderbolt 3 (or better) - and most laptops don't come with that anyways (i.e. this stuff ain't cheap and ain't common yet). And then you're going to need another case likely, so you won't likely be mobile to get that boost. And if you're going to want a future & you are looking to future-proof stuff, you're better off w/ a desktop - as parts are much easier to swap in & out there...if you want to be able to do the upgrading route.

We're starting to see a lot of PC parts, PC's (desktops & laptops), and other things...drop BIG time...namely b/c of all the new stuff coming. Heck, look at Reddit and all of the prices dropping at Microcenter for Ryzen CPU's b/c of the new stuff coming around the corner. And it's going to change even crazier b/c everything seems to be changing w/ new consoles on the way too. AMD is really starting to get competitive again (for probably the real first time in 10 years or so) - and things could drastically change soon & fast, w/ new architectures (i.e. read stuff on how the Ryzen works, for example) and the 7nm-based tech that's coming (most Intel stuff use 14nm, for example). We could be seeing one of the biggest jumps & changes in a long time happening very soon within one whole generation of stuff here, since probably the Intel i3/i5/i7 line began some 10 years ago or so...and it could be, this time around, AMD changing the market, not Intel. (For the most part, Intel's normally been the leader). AMD hasn't been competitive in years (probably since the old Athlon days when we had mostly single-core CPU's, IMHO), but...AMD's Ryzen seems to be a major threat to Intel.

If you're looking to basically run all of the stuff from the Epic Store that was free last year - I don't really see much of a challenge from any of those games w/ that system that you mentioned in the above quote. You might have a little bit of a future (me, I have similar hardware on my laptop) - but who knows really how much of one, TBH. It's going to depend a lot on what you want out of the laptop (or desktop) - are you fine w/ just wanting to play at 1080p right now? Do you want 60fps or better right now? If you're looking for just right now - sure, that PC's going to do just fine w/ the Epic Game Store Free 2019 stuff.

And you'll likely, w/ that system, also be fine w/ lots of older games on the PC, too - in which the PC has an insanely huge backlog and history catalogue here (provided you might need to mod older gamers, to get them running at all or even running properly). Plenty of that stuff to find on Steam, GOG, and places of that sort these days. I love that, pretty much, I can still run old games here on my new PC's...with not too much of a challenge and with a little bit of modding/tinkering. Always can check a PC Gaming Wiki, a Steam Guide, or online forum...and find out how to get older stuff going.

And if you want to take the risk of buying used; possibly hotter thermals (this is more common in laptops) and learn how to deal with them (i.e. just don't push stuff too hard & you will just tinker w/ things when necessary - yeah, I learned this from my Acer Nitro 960m laptop); no warranty; and any of those possibilities - hey, it's all your call. I hope you get a great used one for $500, if you're still going that route (b/c if that's things in good shape, that's a nice deal) - but, you still are dice-rolling a bit here, not going new and all. I'd personally rather spend the extra $ and get it new or even a little bit less than new w/ an open box at a retailer (that's been returned and barely touched). Just, you know, do know and be aware of what you're getting into here.

I like laptops and desktops. I have both, a fair amount of laptops (i.e. I have an Acer Nitro laptop with a 960m that I bought in 2016 and a SC15 with a 1060m that I bought in 2018). When I go travel & go places, I often take one of my laptops with me. I can game on that, while I'm not home. Not everybody is going to be buying desktops and/or laptops left & right, like I do here & there every few years. Not everybody lives the same gaming lifestyle I do and doesn't mind tossing around $800-2000 here and there every few years.

Personally, I'm happy w/ 1080p60fps gaming. I'm even more so fine w/ games at 90fps, 120fps, 240fps, whatever - especially w/ G-Sync. I'm okay with 30fps gaming - but eh, I'd rather push better framerates. Some might prefer 1440p, 4K, or stuff of that sort - and want to spend that $. That stuff ain't cheap. I have a 4K monitor - eh, it's really gone to waste, the last year or so...since realizing how much I prefer higher framerates (if a game can go there) and G-Sync (for now). I don't have a card that really can push that stuff that hard; I don't have say a GTX 1070, GTX 1080, RTX 2070, or GTX 2080...or better yet.
These are the posts I needed to read. Thank you both for all this info.

bread's done
Back