Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
LOL!! Some of these replies are great. I want to be able to play all the free epic games I've gotten and some games I have purchased. I am not going to buy all the free games just to play them on my current consoles. That makes zero sense. I did play Half Life 2 on my current device. The highest I could run it was 1600x900 and it was great. I played for hours at a time and never overheated or had any problems. I tried Ass Creed 4 and the only way to get that to run is if I made it look like a PS2 game. I'll get the damn desktop already! Now on to find one that fits my budget and can run all those games I have to play at the highest settings.
*NEW* Lenovo i9400F with 1660Ti - $700

*NEW* HP Ryzen 7 3700x with RX550 - $650 YMMV*

*NEW* Ryzen 3400G Build $540

Ryzen 5 Full Build $650

$200 4690k with GTX760 Build

Two Ryzen Builds $570/ea

If you actually based where your profile says...

$500 Ryzen 2600 w/ RX580

$500 Ryzen 1600 w/ RX580

$350 i3-6100 w/ RX480

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this. A couple of those only have 8 gigs of RAM though and I've been told 16 is the minimum now. I always always always forget about Facebook Marketplace and didn't even know that Reddit sold stuff. I pretty much only look at Craigslist and offer up but I definitely need to expand where I buy and sell stuff from.

Thanks for this. A couple of those only have 8 gigs of RAM though and I've been told 16 is the minimum now. I always always always forget about Facebook Marketplace and didn't even know that Reddit sold stuff. I pretty much only look at Craigslist and offer up but I definitely need to expand where I buy and sell stuff from.
If there's only 8GB RAM and you want more RAM - you can always buy RAM, open the machine, and add RAM...provided the mobo & CPU allows it. These days, most do.

Just make sure you buy the RAM type and the amount of RAM that the mobo & CPU allow for.

Bah, 2600. The cheap Ryzen builds now all have the refreshed, "1600 AF" model. $85 for 6core/12thread cpu.
The problem is availability. If you're outside of the US (North America maybe?), the chip hasn't been on sale. Even in the US, you cant find it for $85 right now. Whereas, if you live near a MicroCenter, you could pick up a 2600x for ~$110. $25 is a difference, but not a huge one in the gand scheme of things. Since they are essentially the same chip, one would just get whichever of the 1600af/2600/2600x they could find cheapest when they were ready to buy.

Or spend another $30 and get the 2700X for the *MOAR COREZ!*, but I digress....

If you had told me in the summer of 2014 that I would see championships for each of my teams, each more long suffering than the one before, the Kansas City Royals (30 years), the Washington Capitals (44 years), and the Kansas City Chiefs (50 Years) in the next 6 years I wouldn't have believed you. Maybe one, maybe two, but all three? I'm still not sure I believe it.
Uh, how do the Caps fit in that MO sandwich? Curious. I mean growing up, after the Skipjacks which were immediately local, the Caps were my goto NHL team. (Not that I consider myself a hockey fan.)

So, I don't watch a lot of livestreams but I look at clip reddits and came across this... Watch the chick in the back... Relevant to one of the main topics of the thread.

https://cdn.livestreamfails.com/video/5e3735c125e23.mp4
mrZq8bO.gif

Uh, how do the Caps fit in that MO sandwich? Curious. I mean growing up, after the Skipjacks which were immediately local, the Caps were my goto NHL team. (Not that I consider myself a hockey fan.)
I'm too young to remember the Scouts (KC's team during the early mid 70s. You now know them as the New Jersey Devils) so I discovered hockey via video game... I played a couple early EA ones at my cousins but it was when I got my first PC and got NHL Hockey (the PC version of NHL 94) and X-Wing. (X-Wing is still amazing btw)

Anyhow, after looking at the roster I fell in love with Mike Gartner. He was insanely fast, hard a hard slapshot, and accuracy. He played for the New York Rangers so I became a Rangers fan.

Then he was traded to the Maple Leafs so I became a Leafs fan, than he went to the Phoenix Coyotes so I became a Coyotes fan. During this same time i joined the Navy and the NHL had some nasty work stoppages... and I stopped following and Gartner retired.

Years past, I watched the occasional game, and I got out of the service. The internet made it possible to be a fan of anything, distance mattered less and less and I discovered a new generation of stars. The new guy was Alex Ovechkin.

Flashy, charismatic, skilled beyond belief in a package you didn't see often, (Aka big, fast, could shoot the puck, and lay out monster hits.) So it was easy to become a fan.

https://youtu.be/z3yfLUFBmII

HP i5-9400F with 1660ti $590 with extra 8gb RAM $34 - $653 after shipping.

You can always live with 8gb for a bit, just no chrome, lol

LOL I saw this video and immediately thought of you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6otW6OXjR8c

If TRUE + TRUE = 2, then TRUE x TRUE = ?

I love the way they sold the narrative for the halftime show beforehand, on 60 minutes and in the news.   Latinas and female representation!  See little girls, you can do anything!! (As long as you're incredibly good looking and act like a whore.) Then it devolved into a good stripper show.  Endless crotch shots.  I especially enjoyed the male backup dancers in full bondage gear. 

I'm just waiting for all the Shakira vs screaming goat memes. Imagine an unattractive woman performing as Shakira in concert for a minute. 

Big grats to Andy Reid and his first Super Bowl victory.  It was a very entertaining game.  I'm so glad that we're just about out with the old guard (quarterbacks) and into the new era.  Patrick Mahomes is thrilling to watch. 

I love the way they sold the narrative for the halftime show beforehand, on 60 minutes and in the news. Latinas and female representation! See little girls, you can do anything!! (As long as you're incredibly good looking and act like a whore.) Then it devolved into a good stripper show. Endless crotch shots. I especially enjoyed the male backup dancers in full bondage gear.

I'm just waiting for all the Shakira vs screaming goat memes. Imagine an unattractive woman performing as Shakira in concert for a minute.
Yeah, I will say that was a pretty weird halftime show, made me wish we could reanimate Prince.... Oh, and I don't understand how that's 'empowerment'. J-Lo acting like Madonna and a bunch of strippers on stage dancing still looks like objectification to me.

I love the way they sold the narrative for the halftime show beforehand, on 60 minutes and in the news. Latinas and female representation!
Well, my wife and her Latina friends all thought the show was "the tits" and were laughing at the pearl-clutching gringos terrified that their daughters might learn it's possible to be a successful businesswomen, artist AND shamelessly work it on the dance floor at age 50.

nnuW6Z5.jpg

Platinum Games just put up a Kickstarter to re-release The Wonderful 101 (formerly a Wii-U exclusive title) on modern platforms. Initial goal was $50,000 for Switch version, but there was also a stretch goal of $250,000 for a Steam version. And that goal has just been met.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/02/the-wonderful-101-remastered-announced-for-switch-ps4-and-pc-with-kickstarter-campaign

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/platinumgames/the-wonderful-101-remastered
Douchebags don’t need a kickstarter.

They are part of the reason that platform has gone to utter shit

Platinum Games just put up a Kickstarter to re-release The Wonderful 101 (formerly a Wii-U exclusive title) on modern platforms. Initial goal was $50,000 for Switch version, but there was also a stretch goal of $250,000 for a Steam version. And that goal has just been met.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/02/the-wonderful-101-remastered-announced-for-switch-ps4-and-pc-with-kickstarter-campaign

Why is developing on PC so much harder for them? If you develop something to run on an ARM device certainly an x86 instruction set can handle whatever you've done on ARM.

Well, my wife and her Latina friends all thought the show was "the tits" and were laughing at the pearl-clutching gringos terrified that their daughters might learn it's possible to be a successful businesswomen, artist AND shamelessly work it on the dance floor at age 50.

nnuW6Z5.jpg
Now now, this performance would have been "the tits" if it was Dolly Parton and Katy Perry.
This performance was totally booty.

I love the way they sold the narrative for the halftime show beforehand,
There's just one thing I hate more than reviewable pass interference and people who whine about the NFL overtime rules and that's the Super Bowl halftime show. If I had it my way it would be the normal 12 minute food and piss break you normally have.

I watched the better part of a DS9 episode via netflix. It was good.

Your culinary scientists were so preoccupied with if they could, they never stopped to ask if they should.
Also, not exactly doing a ton to dissuade people from the belief that the UK is a culinary black hole, no matter how hard the Great British Baking Show and Gordon Ramsey try to make people believe otherwise.

Wait, didn’t Platinum just sell their soul to Tencent, why do they need our money? Just ask their Chinese masters to print them some yuan.

I watched the better part of a DS9 episode via netflix. It was good.
If you're only going to watch one episode of DS9, make it "S01E10: Move Along Home" "S06E19: In the Pale Moonlight".

I actually like Move Along Home...

vzfudju.gif

and the Ferengi episodes... and I like the Lwaxana Troi episodes...

Honestly wasn't much of a DS9 fan, but that's probably because it wasn't TNG. But I'm enjoying Picard so far. 30 years later and he's still the most altruistic and manliest character on television.

If you're only going to watch one episode of DS9, make it "S01E10: Move Along Home" "S06E19: In the Pale Moonlight".

I actually like Move Along Home...
vzfudju.gif

and the Ferengi episodes... and I like the Lwaxana Troi episodes...
I'm actually watching the series to completion for the first time... I watched the first season or two before joining the military.

It's very good,in some ways superior TNG, and I'm glad I finally have done so. (I got about 7 episodes left.)

I'm actually watching the series to completion for the first time... I watched the first season or two before joining the military.

It's very good,in some ways superior TNG, and I'm glad I finally have done so. (I got about 7 episodes left.)
The Station setting really allowed for long-term stories and character development compared to other series. I watched through it all myself a couple years ago.

On the topic, is Discovery worth watching?

Completely agree that the station setting allowed for a different type of story telling. The more common serial storytelling you see today.

I think that type of storytelling could work in a TNG/OS style of show... You just need to have 4 or 5 episodes connected. Much like a story arch in a comic book.

I have not watched Discovery or Picard. Voyager is next. Never seen it outside of a first season or two.

See my previous post about my taste...

I also liked Enterprise and I really liked Stargate Universe.

There's things in it I really didn't like and a couple things I enjoyed.

I think S2 is a lot better than S1.

I'd say it feels more like the JJ movies than a ST show, but more focused on one person instead of a crew.

Overall, I didn't regret watching it. I enjoyed enough of it that I might rewatch at some point. And I usually don't like rewatching modern shows as much as older shows. I feel the trend of having a dozen episodes all telling one large story is harder to rewatch than nice, bite-sized stories.

I haven't looked at Picard yet. Gonna just wait until the whole season is done.

So are people torrenting Picard or something?  Because I was going to go watch it and then saw it was CBS All-Access only, after the first episode.

It's really annoying to have a cable package, access to Netflix, Prime, HBO GO, and DIsney+ accounts, and still be missing out on TV shows.  These companies need to get their shit together and consolidate.  I'm not subscribing to more services.  Neither is anyone else I've talked to.  Like I support the industry, pay my dues, and I'm not going to shell out for another digital service just because you decided to bankroll millions and paywall your only show worth watching in order to attempt to kickstart your crappy digital service.  Not everybody gets to have a digital service; you don't deserve one.   /rant. 

Anyhow, I'm halfway through the Orville S2 and actually enjoying it immensely.  Even though I can see that it would be quite polarizing to the entire Star Trek/TNG fanbase. 

The Station setting really allowed for long-term stories and character development compared to other series. I watched through it all myself a couple years ago.

I really don’t think the setting had anything to do with the more involved overarching stories, the writers had clearly been trying to go that direction since the second or third season of TNG and the new series just allowed them to take that a step further.

I have not watched Discovery or Picard. Voyager is next. Never seen it outside of a first season or two.
Good luck. I’m not a big Star Trek fan, but I’ve watched all the pre-Discovery stuff and Voyager is a big step down from TNG and DS9. And let me give you some friendly advice: skip Enterprise. It’s barely acknowledged in any later material, adds nothing interesting to the lore, and is easily one of the worst TV shows I’ve forced myself to sit through. And I watch a LOT of really shitty TV.

So are people torrenting Picard or something? Because I was going to go watch it and then saw it was CBS All-Access only, after the first episode.
Nah, I’m just waiting until I’m in SE Asia later this year. When I was there back in 2018, Discovery was on Netflix, and I imagine CBS will keep that relationship going in the region rather than trying to go international.

Probably not much help to anyone else, though.

I’m not a big Star Trek fan, but I’ve watched all the pre-Discovery stuff and Voyager is a big step down from TNG and DS9.
Ahem...Voyager was probably right up there with TNG for me. I would say there are more episodes of Voyager that I like than TNG, but TNG did have better story arcs. Voyager was like Gilligan's Island (which I enjoyed)...in space. And yes, I like TOS as well.

As for Enterprise, it had some decent stories, but I thought the casting was flawed which made the characters seem more like caricatures.

Douchebags don’t need a kickstarter.

They are part of the reason that platform has gone to utter shit
I stay away from anything video game related on there, but have supported some incredible board game campaigns. Return to Dark Tower just ended this morning and is based on the 1981 Christmas hit of the same name. Parents had the original game and this new version is gonna be badass. It'll be out sometime next year, possibly for it's 40th anniversary on retail shelves for Christmas once again.

055d2acc808c9b1c594d047c5920d804_original.gif

bread's done
Back