Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
And we need to get this topic bumped before the consolebros bump us off the first page with furry Animal Crossing nonsense.
Hey now, all these cags need cute Animal Crossing journals in order to min/max the inventory they're churning to and fro different gamestop stores.

So my google network box is dying... but just the TV side of things (knock on wood, my internet is work just fine), which means it will have to be replaced... and my DVR will soon be empty.

Sooooo this seems like a good time to cut the cable (Google really wants out of the TV business anyhow) and I know some of you use a streaming TV services instead.

Which ones have you used? What did you like about them? What did you not like about them? What do you wish you knew before you became a cord cutter?

In other news...

I feel I've mentioned this before... but if you play Path of Exile do yourself a favor and download the standalone client. It runs 100s of times better than the steam version.

Hell of a boxing match on Saturday. Me and my dad split the bill but I went from having Hulu (commercial free) to getting the bundle that includes Disney + and ESPN. Keeping my commercial free version of Hulu was a freaking nightmare.
If you don't have one, buy an OTA antenna. Unless you're way out in the middle of nowhere, a simple one with a 30 mile range should be fine. (and cheap- like $10-20)

Depending on how far you are out of a major metro area, you can pick up a lot of channels with one... I just rescanned on my tv last night and I've 40 channels. Most of the major local affilates have 3-4 sub-channels.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't have one, buy an OTA antenna. Unless you're way out in the middle of nowhere, a simple one with a 30 mile range should be fine. (and cheap- like $10-20)
I'd check with a signal map and see how far you are from the transmitters. If you're in a decent sized metro area, you could be further than you'd think without being in the middle of nowhere. I'm in Chicago suburbia and need a 50 mile antenna to reliably pick up signals because many of the transmitters are downtown and the metro area extends further than 50 miles. I'm probably more like 40 miles away but you don't want to be on the very edge of your antenna range either.

I've had SlingTV, YouTubeTV is way better. Believe me, everyone says so.
I suspect that's true... even with you saying it. What make Sling suck?

Hey, you should have your legion of followers try and get YouTube TV to add NFL Network and Redzone. (If you make that happen try for the NHL Network.)

Looks like GOG has updated their refund policy:

https://www.gog.com/news/gogs_updated_refund_policy_has_your_back_even_more

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006129837?product=gog

Everyone at GOG believes in a 'gamers-first’ approach. It means that every part of our store is designed with gamers in mind and your purchase safety and satisfaction come first for us. The latest update to our voluntary Refund Policy adds another piece to this customer-friendly experience. And it all sums up in one sentence: starting now, you can get a full refund up to 30 days after purchasing a product, even if you downloaded, launched, and played it.

That's it. It’s important for us to say that this update is possible thanks to your respect for all the time and hard work put into creating the games you buy on GOG.COM and playing by the rules. We're grateful for that and encourage you to continue to do so.

It doesn't state that there's a limit in how many refunds you can do, but in the FAQ it does say:

7. How often can I refund my games? Is there some sort of limit?

We trust that you're making informed purchasing decisions and will use this updated voluntary Refund Policy only if something doesn't work as you expected.

This is why there are no limits but instead, we reserve the right to refuse refunds in individual cases.  Please respect all the time and hard work put into making the games you play and remember that refunds are not reviews. If you finished the game and didn't like it, please consider sharing your opinion instead. Also, please don't take advantage of our trust by asking for an unreasonable amount of games to be refunded. Don't be that person. No one likes that person.

So as long as you don't abuse the system there shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone got any opinions on Tangledeep?  I was holding out for for a switch eshop sale but gog has a good price on the game plus the first expansion.  Pricing and content vs Portability

Also  all the time I've spent on the thread and the time away, I still haven't hit 300 steam games.  What are the numbers for you truly impressive backlogging monsters?  I mean some of you already had game counts numbering in the 1000's years ago.  I just want to be awed.  Or disgusted by the sheer volume.  I'm not sure which. 

I suspect that's true... even with you saying it. What make Sling suck?

Hey, you should have your legion of followers try and get YouTube TV to add NFL Network and Redzone. (If you make that happen try for the NHL Network.)
The interface, particularly the channel guide, is so much better on YouTubeTV. Plus for me, SlingTV wouldn't load, froze and crashed fairly often. If you need those channels though, you gotta do what you gotta do. We only switched from SlingTV to YouTubeTV after they added the ID channel. MelaniaCat loves her crime shows.

The interface, particularly the channel guide, is so much better on YouTubeTV. Plus for me, SlingTV wouldn't load, froze and crashed fairly often. If you need those channels though, you gotta do what you gotta do. We only switched from SlingTV to YouTubeTV after they added the ID channel. MelaniaCat loves her crime shows.
That's not what you said on Twitter a few days ago...

v3DNPEB.png

Looks like GOG has updated their refund policy:

https://www.gog.com/news/gogs_updated_refund_policy_has_your_back_even_more

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006129837?product=gog

Everyone at GOG believes in a 'gamers-first’ approach. It means that every part of our store is designed with gamers in mind and your purchase safety and satisfaction come first for us. The latest update to our voluntary Refund Policy adds another piece to this customer-friendly experience. And it all sums up in one sentence: starting now, you can get a full refund up to 30 days after purchasing a product, even if you downloaded, launched, and played it.

That's it. It’s important for us to say that this update is possible thanks to your respect for all the time and hard work put into creating the games you buy on GOG.COM and playing by the rules. We're grateful for that and encourage you to continue to do so.

It doesn't state that there's a limit in how many refunds you can do, but in the FAQ it does say:

7. How often can I refund my games? Is there some sort of limit?

We trust that you're making informed purchasing decisions and will use this updated voluntary Refund Policy only if something doesn't work as you expected.

This is why there are no limits but instead, we reserve the right to refuse refunds in individual cases. Please respect all the time and hard work put into making the games you play and remember that refunds are not reviews. If you finished the game and didn't like it, please consider sharing your opinion instead. Also, please don't take advantage of our trust by asking for an unreasonable amount of games to be refunded. Don't be that person. No one likes that person.

So as long as you don't abuse the system there shouldn't be a problem.
I've only had one experience with GOG customer service and it was terrible, so, YMMV.

How where you watching Sling? I plan on using a roku... That sounds like a pretty shitty experience and one that I won't like.

Anyone got any opinions on Tangledeep? I was holding out for for a switch eshop sale but gog has a good price on the game plus the first expansion. Pricing and content vs Portability.
I own it on the switch and was really into it for a few days. It is a very dee game mechanically but the opposite when it comes to story. Not sure what the expansion adds but i hope they added a bit more story. Although I don’t own it, Stone Shard looks to be very similar turn based dungeon crawler. Although it is still in beta it looks to be better the better choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stoneshard does look to be better but I went ahead and went as shady as possible (g2a) to get a pretty cheap key to try Tanglewood out.  Not disappointed so far, but I do wonder if it'll keep my attention with the limited gear slots.   Not being disappointed so far doesn't mean much since I've only played a few hours. Skill system doesn't seem real deep either.

Really? What happened? I asked for a refund once and got it lickety-split, though they asked if I wanted it to my original payment method or store credit, and I chose the latter.
I bought Hotline Miami to play on my MacBook (figured it would be low spec and I could enjoy it while I traveled). The game wouldn't launch so I just asked for a simple refund. Instead of refunding, they asked me to send my full system specs and private serial number etc, then led me on a wild goosechase installing dependencies etc. Wasn't ever able to play it on the trip I'd bought it for.

After installing the dependencies and finally getting it to launch, I found out that the DualShock 4 controller which was advertised as compatible with the game wasn't compatible on macOS (something not listed anywhere, I use the DualShock 4 with all sorts of other games on macOS). I wrote back and asked for a refund.

They told me I wasn't eligible for a refund for that reason. Horrible experience, especially when they present themselves as if good customer service is their entire business model.

I bought Hotline Miami to play on my MacBook (figured it would be low spec and I could enjoy it while I traveled). The game wouldn't launch so I just asked for a simple refund. Instead of refunding, they asked me to send my full system specs and private serial number etc, then led me on a wild goosechase installing dependencies etc. Wasn't ever able to play it on the trip I'd bought it for.

After installing the dependencies and finally getting it to launch, I found out that the DualShock 4 controller which was advertised as compatible with the game wasn't compatible on macOS (something not listed anywhere, I use the DualShock 4 with all sorts of other games on macOS). I wrote back and asked for a refund.

They told me I wasn't eligible for a refund for that reason. Horrible experience, especially when they present themselves as if good customer service is their entire business model.
I'm cuirious, was this before or after Steam's refund policy was instituted? Afaik they at least matched that policy shortly after Steam's came out (and now it's a no questions asked 30 day policy with any amount of time played, though I have doubts about how long that'll last).

I'm cuirious, was this before or after Steam's refund policy was instituted? Afaik they at least matched that policy shortly after Steam's came out (and now it's a no questions asked 30 day policy with any amount of time played, though I have doubts about how long that'll last).
This was in 2017, yeah, I believe Steam had the 14 day/2 hour policy then. Anyway, when I requested the initial refund I had never even launched the game at all because it wouldn't launch, and it was within a day of purchase.

Maybe by the time they dragged me through the hassle asking me for system specs and private sensitive information like my serial number, it was a couple weeks, but once I got to the point of the game launching and finding my controller wouldn't work with it, they just told me that they know it's not compatible with macOS (despite saying it was compatible with macOS on the store page) and it wasn't an eligible return.

I might also add that they were incredibly rude throughout the whole process. I'm incredibly courteous in these interactions and have never encountered an experience as bad before. No kind of courtesy apologies or indication of concern whatsoever was offered, they basically treated me like some kind of computer illiterate who was wasting their time not knowing how to run a game, and every time they put me through hassle they acted like they were doing me a big favor.

All I did was ask for a simple refund for a pretty obviously legit reason within a day of purchasing and never having played. Really a horrific interaction. I saw a NoClip documentary on these people on YouTube talking about how concerned they are with customer service etc, what a joke. Shows you how much people can build a supposed brand identity and people will believe it without anything to back it up.

Anyone else in the Blood Rage beta? fucking love the board game and the digital version makes things so fast I love it (and finally a solo mode cuz AI).

How where you watching Sling? I plan on using a roku... That sounds like a pretty shitty experience and one that I won't like.
This is exactly our experience with Sling, and we watch on a variety of Roku devices -- 2017-2019 model Roku sticks (not 4K or higher end though), TCL Roku TV.

The app must leak memory like a sieve; after watching 30 min - 1 hr, the guide becomes extremely sluggish, to the point that it's usually quicker to quit and restart the app to be able to navigate through any extended channel listing.

Happy game download day to my fellow data cap friends. I have a budget of around 200gb. I'm downloading Wolfenstein Youngblood from Gamepass. I'm still debating on what else I want.

Happy game download day to my fellow data cap friends. I have a budget of around 200gb. I'm downloading Wolfenstein Youngblood from Gamepass. I'm still debating on what else I want.
I'm getting some PS4 downloads myself! Woot Woot use all the cap...well the cap - about 2 gigs for safety haha.

Data caps are still a thing? Guess I'm pretty lucky to trade off speed for unlimited. 15-20mbps is good enough for no cap.

Data caps are still a thing? Guess I'm pretty lucky to trade off speed for unlimited. 15-20mbps is good enough for no cap.
I have speed and no cap... Honestly, I've looked around and around for a place to see how much a use... I suspect a stream something 13 hours a day. Plus gaming and whatever the wife uses.

I walk out of a room without a care in the world... Fact I'm home alone and I'm streaming on two TVs aright now.

I'm trying out Sling TV right now... Cannot pause/rewind on NHL Network, NFL Network, or MLB. (Actually, I haven't tried too many channels but I'm 0 for everything on this right now.) The audio was trash on my computer also. (Not a huge deal, I never watch anything on my computer but it was surprising.

I'm already getting the feeling that this company is ran out of someone's basement...

Pretty good lineup of games from the February Humble Choice.  Got a good Pathfinder CRPG, a deckbuilding game in Book of Demons, and a couple of Zachtronics titles, whose games I've been dying to try for quite awhile. 

Gotta say, I've been much happier with several of Humble Choice's unique offerings from its first couple of months of service rather than all the singular crappily-valued AAA day-old-bread headliner titles that they were heavily weighted while populating the Monthlies.  The Choice titles have been more Indie stuff that I'm interested in, and higher quality overall, rather than yesterday's big budget games that sold poorly.

Can't wait to not play these games. 

I'm hoping to start something new myself after I finish vesperia definitive.  Leaning towards underwater ray romano since langrisser demo got me in the mood for something similar.

this fuck ing division xpac downloaded forty gigs, but only used twenty something on my hard drive? anyways, looking forward to throwing all my current gear in the trash

this fuck ing division xpac downloaded forty gigs, but only used twenty something on my hard drive? anyways, looking forward to throwing all my current gear in the trash
Considering that the intent was to dumb this down for the "Math is hard..." people, how much they fucked up everyone's build is kind of funny. You'd THINK that stuff would retain roughly the same function as before but instead they just changed gear sets and weapon talents and all that seemingly at random.

The exotic holster is now literally the worst holster for a pistol build because it has one talent and that "charges" your pistol as you don't use it. 'The hell, guys?

bread's done
Back