Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I ended up getting the MK 1-3 bundle for $1.50. I might get MK4.
Really glad to see MK4 on GOG.

I have it from retail on disc - but, if it gets dirt-cheap on GOG or Steam, it'll probably just be easier to deal w/ their version.

I also find it weird that while MK1+2+3 is on GOG, yet the even more updated UMK3 isn't on GOG.

I really hope the MK3-based MK Trilogy version hits GOG and/or Steam.

I would love to see MK games that never hit the PC, actually come here - i.e. MK Gold (AKA MK4 Gold); MK: Deadly Alliance; MK: Deception; MK: Armageddon; and MK vs. DC.

Every time I've loaded up the new Ori on Game Piss there's been a new patch to download, and every time I've started the game I've immediately had to turn it off due to some really annoying and incessant sound glitches. Apparently the sound glitches go away if you install it on a SSD. No thanks, Game Piss. My SSD is reserved solely for my Origin backlog.

Just saw a crazy laptop deal for Y740 for $680 on Lenovo's site and Reddit.

All sold out now.

Specs = i7 8750H; 500GB SSD; 6GB GTX 2060; 144hz 15.6'' screen; TB3; W10 x64.

OH NOW YOU POST A GOOD LAPTOP DEAL!

YOU'RE FIRED!
giphy.gif

I know we have a fanatical thread, but it's feels... sad and deserted, so I'm going to squeeze this out here.

Assuming I know next to nothing (and that's a very safe assumption) about coding/programming/game design from a technical POV would getting this full bundle be a good buy?:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/coding-and-game-development-build-your-own-bundle-with-zenva

Short sob story long

I'm at the end of another long term relationship.

*slow clap from the back of the audience*

If I'd have had the opportunity to bet the farm on the odds of this love lasting, I'd be a homeless farmer, which is pretty close to my new reality. Because the city I'm in has such a high cost of living, I am now forced to relocate back near my family. I love them and all, but: boo.The other thing is that while I am a sort of jack of many trades, my main area of experience (see primary resume points) and expertise is also a miserable and relatively low paying, life draining slog and also nearly nonexistent where I'll now be calling home for the foreseeable future.

And, so... I love, not only buying games for cheap, but actually playing them and also the idea of creating them. I'd toyed with going to game design school when I was younger and foolishly, just like the young jackass I was, decided it was just "too much to learn". Well, time, growing older and life hardships will really do a number on perceptions. I need something to work towards, to learn and mature in, that could, hopefully, turn into other employment possibilities and ultimately, just be a way to make money. I'm not delusional enough to think it'll happen quickly or that I could throw all in right away, but I do have some money saved that would allow me to focus my attention strictly on learning something like this, for the next 6 months to a year.

In summation, for those who are in the know, would this bundle be a good, basic and useful first stepping stone intro to creating games/content?
Sorry to hear that, but good on you for doing what will help you move forward in life. Sometimes you gotta make those tough decisions to get ahead.

It looks like you get different things between this and the Humble, but the real winner here is that you get to CHOOSE what you want.

Honestly, I think this is a good bundle for how cheap the courses are. In terms of getting a real career in development, the Python courses are a must-have. Unity is a hybridized graphical IDE that functions similarly to game design hardware like Maya, but it's FREE, and there are a lot of tutorials built-in. Also, you don't have to use Mayascript. I've never used Phaser 3 or Godot, but they look like retro game designers.

In terms of game development SPECIFICALLY, the first course you need is obviously "Intro to C++." Then I'd suggest going for the "Learn C++ by Making a Text-Based RPG" course, since it'll help solidify form creation and event-driven game coding. Not sure which one of those discusses object-oriented programming, but that's the core concept you need to learn. Everything else is just experiential learning and depends on what games you'd most want to make. Do the Phaser ones if you like retro games. I'd personally go for "Intro to Game Developing with Unity", since C++ code importing is super easy, they have loads of tutorials, and it's a flexible IDE. You can forget about the Javascript and HTML/CSS courses since those are front-end, and the Python content is largely back-end database work. I also wouldn't make the AR/VR development a priority, but I really don't know how simple it is to code those since I've never done it.

Lastly, I've never studied with Zenva. But I read some of the posts in DD83's link, and got to thinking about it more critically. It might actually be better than using Youtube, since they presumably maintain and update their courses and have a dedicated repository for student files.

Last edited by a moderator:
some of you might remember a few weeks ago i posted that i lost my job, it looks as if my first unemployment payment just got deposited into my bank account so i think i got approved (very anxious that for some reason they would pull it back or something lol) but feeling very relieved

Nightdive is working on a Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/03/12/blade-runner-is-getting-an-enhanced-edition-from-nightdive/

Info:
- Nightdive is working on a Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition.
- EE is coming to Steam, Xbox, Playstation, and Switch.
- EE will have updated character models & animations.
- EE will also have upscaled cut-scenes with machine learning algorithms.
- EE will have widescreen resolution support.
- EE will also have keyboard & controller customization.
- Blade Runner's original source code & assets were lost years ago.
- Nightdive is pain-stakingly reverse engineering the game & importing it into their own KEX Engine.
- KEX Engine also allows them to do ports of classic console games.

some of you might remember a few weeks ago i posted that i lost my job, it looks as if my first unemployment payment just got deposited into my bank account so i think i got approved (very anxious that for some reason they would pull it back or something lol) but feeling very relieved
Nice, congrats. If they confirmed your eligibility, then you have nothing to worry about. If not and you are later denied, then there is potential for them to request the money back. Glad you got it though.

Nice, congrats. If they confirmed your eligibility, then you have nothing to worry about. If not and you are later denied, then there is potential for them to request the money back. Glad you got it though.
ah, good to know. i haven't received confirmation of eligibility yet so we'll see

which one of the current freebies is worthwhile?  i try to avoid cluttering up my list of zero-cost games on a launcher i've never downloaded or used.

OH NOW YOU POST A GOOD LAPTOP DEAL!

YOU'RE FIRED!
SeasonalCAG I Know I Know Desktops Are Better!

Where MysterD fails (probably a BernieCat supporter) I always have your back TrumpCat: commander in cat no matter what people say.

I have the 17inch version of this laptop that I bought for a four month trip and now for a 7 week one. I love it the only difference with the one I'm going to post is it is return, the screen size and 1tb hdd instead of two. Played DMC5, Div2 and other older titles ran no problem.

Overpowered 15+
15.6 144Hz Screen
Intel i7-8750H CPU with 2.20 GHz speed
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU with 6GB VRAM
Mechanical RGB LED Keyboard
16GB RAM with 2667 MHz speed
1TB HDD
256GB SSD
Windows 10
1080p/ 144Hz Display Panel
1x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB C
1x SD Card Slot
1x HDMI Slot

$590 when added to cart

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113852696233

just a warning - vipoutlet churns out a massive amount of refurbished product.  some of it very sketchy.  i had a bad experience with a return and don't risk buying anything from them anymore.  I would at least advise caution.

I'm at the end of another long term relationship.

*slow clap from the back of the audience*

If I'd have had the opportunity to bet the farm on the odds of this love lasting, I'd be a homeless farmer, which is pretty close to my new reality. Because the city I'm in has such a high cost of living, I am now forced to relocate back near my family. I love them and all, but: boo.The other thing is that while I am a sort of jack of many trades, my main area of experience (see primary resume points) and expertise is also a miserable and relatively low paying, life draining slog and also nearly nonexistent where I'll now be calling home for the foreseeable future.

And, so... I love, not only buying games for cheap, but actually playing them and also the idea of creating them. I'd toyed with going to game design school when I was younger and foolishly, just like the young jackass I was, decided it was just "too much to learn". Well, time, growing older and life hardships will really do a number on perceptions. I need something to work towards, to learn and mature in, that could, hopefully, turn into other employment possibilities and ultimately, just be a way to make money. I'm not delusional enough to think it'll happen quickly or that I could throw all in right away, but I do have some money saved that would allow me to focus my attention strictly on learning something like this, for the next 6 months to a year.

In summation, for those who are in the know, would this bundle be a good, basic and useful first stepping stone intro to creating games/content?
Sorry to hear that, bud. I'd say I've been there, but not really. Only had one serious relationship in my life. Still, I wish you the best of luck with your new digs and the vocational training. It's tough jumping into something new. I have nothing of value to contribute to the bundle recommendations.

Isn't this some sort of cultural appropriation? Isn't that an image of a BRAVE little toaster?!

That's good. Hope you get that confirmation soon.

Nightdive is working on a Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/03/12/blade-runner-is-getting-an-enhanced-edition-from-nightdive/

Info:
- Nightdive is working on a Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition.
- EE is coming to Steam, Xbox, Playstation, and Switch.
- EE will have updated character models & animations.
- EE will also have upscaled cut-scenes with machine learning algorithms.
- EE will have widescreen resolution support.
- EE will also have keyboard & controller customization.
- Blade Runner's original source code & assets were lost years ago.
- Nightdive is pain-stakingly reverse engineering the game & importing it into their own KEX Engine.
- KEX Engine also allows them to do ports of classic console games.
Hm. Wasn't the original game FMV? How would they go about "porting" it? I'm not sure I understand that.

Also, is Spintires the worst driving game of all time? I finally got around to fiddling with it a bit on the XBONE, and it seems like more of a truck-driving simulator than Euro Truck Simulator. Maybe I would also hate that game, but I got the impression from the description that it was more of a rally-race, off-road driving-type deal, not a "press-this-button to downshift" and "press this button to engage your winch on a nearby tree" kind of snoozefest.

To those who bought our Build A Greenlight Bundle 21 ages ago, Steam keys for Alpha Version.0 are being assigned to your Groupees account now!

Reading that comcast data caps are suspended for 60 days.

Download all the games boys.*

EDIT: * Your Steam/GOG/Epic/Origin/UPlay/Desura/GameTap/etc/etc/etc/etc libraries.

Sorry to hear that, bud. I'd say I've been there, but not really. Only had one serious relationship in my life. Still, I wish you the best of luck with your new digs and the vocational training. It's tough jumping into something new. I have nothing of value to contribute to the bundle recommendations.

Isn't this some sort of cultural appropriation? Isn't that an image of a BRAVE little toaster?!

That's good. Hope you get that confirmation soon.

Hm. Wasn't the original game FMV? How would they go about "porting" it? I'm not sure I understand that.

Also, is Spintires the worst driving game of all time? I finally got around to fiddling with it a bit on the XBONE, and it seems like more of a truck-driving simulator than Euro Truck Simulator. Maybe I would also hate that game, but I got the impression from the description that it was more of a rally-race, off-road driving-type deal, not a "press-this-button to downshift" and "press this button to engage your winch on a nearby tree" kind of snoozefest.
I've enjoyed it the few times I played it, but it definitely is not a traditional fun racing game. We tried to bro night it once and it was just us slushing around the mud and getting stuck. It's a sim, so the point it to simulate heavy cargo delivery in challenging environments. The game is basically trying to deliver something and not get stuck in the mud and then when you get stuck using your winch to pull yourself out with a tree. Definitely not for everyone.

just a warning - vipoutlet churns out a massive amount of refurbished product. some of it very sketchy. i had a bad experience with a return and don't risk buying anything from them anymore. I would at least advise caution.
Someone on SD was saying that they handle Walmart returns so "refurbished" likely means that. Hit or miss because I assume a lot of people lie about whether a product they are returning was broken by them or not.

Reading that comcast data caps are suspended for 60 days.

Download all the games boys.*

EDIT: * Your Steam/GOG/Epic/Origin/UPlay/Desura/GameTap/etc/etc/etc/etc libraries.
I appreciate you saying this! Now I know!

My regular Internet usage and me teaching Deaf kids (maybe upload videos in sign language in high quality that can be adjusted for THEIR slow speeds) is now possible if/when my school closes.

I'm literally being told if I don't come in I get paid but if I come in I get paid AND accrue personal leave...for now.

Rumors and speculation:  The architecture of the RTX 3070 should offer about 95% the performance of a $1200 RTX 2080 Ti for < $500.  It will actually be pushed further ahead with custom models and higher factory overclocks.  Coming Q4 2020. 

3080 at 110% the 2080 Ti's power

3080 Ti at 140%

That's actually right in the area that I was expecting.  People weren't going to get excited about a 3080 = 2080 Ti at $699+ (more like $800+) pricing.  It has long been reported to be a much bigger jump. Frankly, it needs to be, since they are competing with the new consoles at ~$500.

$500 will again be the new sweet spot for high-end GPU performance, as it should be.   Then the crazies can continue to buy their $800 and $1200 models and brag about it in single sentence drive-bys on forums. 

Why can't I have both a laptop and that toaster-like PC?

Toaster.Net needs as many electronic devices, tablets, laptops, desktops, and toasters to assemble properly.

YellowDefenselessCrossbill-size_restricted.gif
Over the years, I've begun to think of you more as a Borg than a Terminator...

CYsNBOF.jpg

I have MK Arcade Kollection from Steam...which was pulled from Steam, probably b/c of G4WL.

Those versions of MK1, MK2 and UMK3 are fine there, IMHO.

If you have issues w/ G4WL and connecting - just use XLiveLess mod (so you can play offline) - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1535129480

And make sure you unlock Classic Sub Zero, Mileena, and Ermac too - http://steamfix.blogspot.com/2013/05/mortal-kombat-arcade-kollection-unlock.html

Looks like Amazon DVG still sells MK: AK (though it ain't on sale) - https://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Kombat-Arcade-Kollection-Download/dp/B0093N3Z0M

For all the MK fanatics: which versions of MK1, MK2, and numerous MK3's (MK3 vanilla, UMK3, MK Trilogy) do you like/prefer? And on what platform? (PC, Windows, DOS, Genesis, PSX, SNES, Arcade, Steam from MK:AK, whatever)

rip indeed. I can't play any of them without figuring out how to change the settings around for a controller. MK3 has joystick settings on by default, but they're still screwed up.
Might want to back-up DosBox config file before changing it.

Don't know if you guys tried this.

Haven't tried this since I ain't bought them yet, but I saw this on one of the GOG user reviews.

Probably worth a shot, so...good luck!

However the reviewer who said the X-Box 360 controllers do not work is wrong.

Just make sure in dosbox configuration file under Joystick it is set to this-

joysticktype=auto

timed=true

autofire=false

swap34=false

buttonwrap=false

Then in MK1 and 2 change it from keyboard to 4 button joystick (gamepad). MK3 will have you configure your X-Box 360 when it starts. Also just a reminder make sure your X-Box 360 controller is either hooked in via USB and working in Windows or you have it hooked to X-Box Wireless Adapter.

Several indie games have recently gone free on itch.io to combat boredom during the voluntary/mandatory homebound lockdown.  They're all DRM-free, but no Steam keys.  Claim 'em or download 'em if you give a damn.

Alcarys Complex

https://modestarcade.itch.io/alcarys-complex

Art Sqool (Cozy Quarantine Giveaway)

https://glander.itch.io/art-sqool

Faerie Solitaire Classic - Original Release (the remastered version isn't free on Steam)

https://subsoap.itch.io/faerie-solitaire-classic

felipe's enjoy giveaway (Cactu's Odyssey and Halloween Night)

https://itch.io/s/28385/enjoy

Fidel Dungeon Rescue (Quarantine Giveaway)

https://itch.io/s/28598/fidel-dungeon-rescue-quarantine-giveaway

0 N, 0 W 

https://colorfiction.itch.io/0n0w

Stay Safe at Home Games For Free (Macbat 64 and Retroarcade Adventure Remade)

https://itch.io/s/28559/stay-safe-at-home-3

Towayami 

https://itch.io/s/28591/towayami-100-off

Whatnot Studios Games for Free (ExpandoScape, Explobers, Shadow Wranglers, Ungrateful Birds)

https://itch.io/s/13737/whatnot-studios-games-for-free

So Borderlands 3 is on Steam now.... 50% off day 1, anyone going to jump on it? (I doubt I will with Div 2 and PoE having new content.)
Not me.

Too much already in the backlog untouched or unfinished - i.e. Division 1 &amp; Season Pass; Div 2 base; GR:WL, GR: BP; RG: Outlaw; ELEX; Wasteland 2 DC; Watch Dogs 2 Complete; etc etc.

That's not BL3: Super Deluxe Ed at $30.

(BL3: SDE at $30 would be tempting).

And I still got BL2 DLC's &amp; BL:TPS Complete backlogged.

So Borderlands 3 is on Steam now.... 50% off day 1, anyone going to jump on it? (I doubt I will with Div 2 and PoE having new content.)
I grabbed it the other day. I wasn’t going to because I have plenty of backlog games, and they released Langrisser 1&amp;2 remake which is keeping me occupied. My kids were begging for it though, so I caved, since I knew I’d be buying it within the next 6 months anyways. They’re enjoying it a fair bit.

Yeah, I saw that. I considered it, but then ended up buying the dotd yesterday of the PS4 version for $16 instead, for the physical collection. At this point they really need to give me the season pass on Steam for that kind of money.

I think I'm going to play Nioh 2 this week instead. I've been awaiting this game; the first one was by far my favorite game in 2017 and that was big year, considering both my avatar and BotW.

bread's done
Back