Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Good deal at Newegg: you can get a $25 Domino's Pizza gift card for $186.

https://www.newegg.com/xfx-radeon-rx-580-rx-580p8rfd6/p/N82E16814150827?Item=N82E16814150827&Description=radeon&cm_re=radeon-_-14-150-827-_-Product

It comes with a free XFX RX580 8GB and codes for Monster Hunter World and Resident Evil 3.
RE3 Remake's cheapest is around $42, if you ask ITAD - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/residenteviliii/info/

MHW's cheapest is around $16, if you ask ITAD - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/monsterhunterworld/info/

You get a Domino's $25 GC.

There's $83 total of value around, so far.

And a RX 580 8GB seems to have been around $150-180.

Yeah, this looks quite good, if you're in the market for a new card 8GB RX 580, those new games, and some Domino's.

Last edited by a moderator:
More free games to claim or download on itch.io (DRM free, no Steam key).

Astral Defense

https://pixelpajamastudios.itch.io/astraldefense

Centroid 

https://bravado-game-studio.itch.io/centroid

Curse of the Crescent Isle DX 

https://1amowery.itch.io/curse-of-the-crescent-isle-dx

Elliot Quest

https://ansimuz.itch.io/elliot-quest

Giga Girl

https://outgunned.itch.io/giga-girl

Little Comet

https://outgunned.itch.io/little-comet

Secret of Harrow Manor (Oculus Quest compatible)

https://onionman77.itch.io/secret-of-harrow-manor

Secret of Harrow Manor 2 (Oculus Quest compatible)

https://onionman77.itch.io/secret-of-harrow-manor-2

Shines Over II

https://juan-mod.itch.io/shines-over-ii

STRANGLE/HOLD

https://feverdreamjohnny.itch.io/stranglehold

Symphony of Stars (Oculus Quest compatible)

https://onionman77.itch.io/symphony-of-stars

The Blood Eclipse (Oculus Quest compatible)

https://onionman77.itch.io/the-blood-eclipse

As usual, the freebies are useless, but $25 Domino’s GC? Can’t pass that up.
I dunno, both MHW and (especially, since it's so new & pricey) RE3 Remake sounds enticing to me in that deal.

Thing is: I'm not upgrading (I'm way past that point w/ my i7 950 desktop with GTX 970).

I'm looking & researching still, but not entirely building or buying a new rig yet...unless I catch a killer deal.

I do have my SC15 laptop (i7 7700HQ; 16 GB RAM; 6GB GTX 1060; W10 x64) - and it's holding up very well for 1080p60fps gaming at Medium-High settings (or better), IMHO.

So...it's an easy pass, for now.

I dunno, both MHW and (especially, since it's so new & pricey) RE3 Remake sounds enticing to me in that deal.

Thing is: I'm not upgrading (I'm way past that point w/ my i7 950 desktop with GTX 970).
I'm looking & researching still, but not entirely building or buying a new rig yet...unless I catch a killer deal.

I do have my SC15 laptop (i7 7700HQ; 16 GB RAM; 6GB GTX 1060; W10 x64) - and it's holding up very well for 1080p60fps gaming at Medium-High settings (or better), IMHO.

So...it's an easy pass, for now.
You mentioned the dreaded L word. Prepare to be banned. How dare you. Don't you know how terrible those things are?

You mentioned the dreaded L word. Prepare to be banned. How dare you. Don't you know how terrible those things are?
Laptops??!?!

I've been using gaming laptops since 2016. That one's still kicking just fine (Acer Nitro w/ i7 4720HQ, 4GB 960m, 16 GB RAM; W10 x64), thanks.

And my SC15 is taking on most games that at 1080p60fps.

Laptops??!?!

I've been using gaming laptops since 2016. That one's still kicking just fine (Acer Nitro w/ i7 4720HQ, 4GB 960m, 16 GB RAM; W10 x64), thanks.

Oh man, don't you know that MysterD has places to be? I mean, he doesn't go anywhere, but what if he needed to play games in a cafe someday? Like in a save the world scenario? What if he was stuck on a desktop and we all died because he didn't have a gaming laptop?

They're like console peasants but suffering from an identity crisis. 

"Look at what my tiny box is running at stock.  But it comes with a keyboard and a tiny screen too.  So I can play in the back of the Buick while dad drives us to grandma's.  Have I showed you its 3-min. startup time and my Indie game collection?"

Laptops??!?!

My 3x ROG and now MSI laptops laugh at some of what people say. Laptops ain't the shit platform they used to be. Hell, I run my Rift off my laptop on Ultra settings for all but the most recent pieces of eye candy.

Oh man, don't you know that MysterD has places to be? I mean, he doesn't go anywhere, but what if he needed to play games in a cafe someday? Like in a save the world scenario? What if he was stuck on a desktop and we all died because he didn't have a gaming laptop?
The Borg Collective is present always...

The Borg Collective is present always...
source.gif

Fanatical is selling the Steam Super Deluxe version of BL3 (includes the season pass) for $45.
That's a pretty good deal. I paid $49 for that version when it came out on Steam.

I've played 94 hours so far and have completed the story, the Handsome Jack DLC, and almost done with the Hammerlock DLC.

I recommend it if you like the series, because for better or worse, that's exactly what it is. I've heard some of the fanboys whine about the story, but I'm more into the gameplay and the story, imo, is fine.

The good:

- much more interesting and unique guns.

- Very well built, diverse worlds.

- Some much-needed QOL improvements.

- Some pretty decent new Vault Hunters

- Many favorites from past games appear and are featured... some you even play alongside briefly

- Both available DLC are quite good and impressively long. (included with super-duper version listed by Mooby)

One thing I really appreciate is I'm not going to have to play through the game twice per character to max my player level. I'm going to hit 57 easily enough. They have had lots of free events so far, which is nice. Got that free time now, ya know.

Still waiting for them to remove Denuovo so maybe I'll keep waiting to see a lower price.  Still, $45 for the game plus all the (currently planned) DLC seems like a really good deal.  I'm sure they'll do some more DLC just to efff people.

Mick Gordon (composer for Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal) likely won't work in the Doom franchise again:
https://www.vg247.com/2020/04/20/doom-eternals-composer-wont-work-id-software-soundtrack-mixed-without/

Info:
- Some audio-fans noticed the mix itself for Doom: Eternal isn't as great as previous Doom 2016.
- Gordon revealed he didn't have much to do with the mixing.
- Gordon mixed a few tracks: Meathook, Command and Control, etc.
- Gordon is said, by many fans, to be a great sound engineer and mixer.
- Most of the mix was done by Bethesda, Gordon says.
- Gordon said the off "time signature changes are a result in someone in marketing piecing this track together without any musical knowledge."
- Gordon said that he likely won't work in the franchise ever again.

Been mainly playing Deep Sky Derelicts the past week, so here is some thoughts about it. I'm likely dropping it, but there has been some positive for sure.

1st of all the story is somewhat nonsensical. It is mainly told through one character who helps with the navigation and a few people in an area you're exploring. It is sometimes super light on story and sometimes characters talk way too much. Overall it's OK enough but not great. I like the graphics quite a bit and know they were going for a Darkest Dungeon look here, but it's more sc-fi. The music is also generally decent, though is more background noise than anything. The battle noises are generally good and make everything feel like a strong impact.

You generally have to explore an area while doing 2 quests. 1 of them is the navigation quest where you get data to eventually find the mothership or something. The other is something dealing with the main characters there on the level. It's very predictable but OK. The main reason I'm likely dropping it is because battles after a while seem to play slowly and sometimes unfairly. While characters like brawlers get a good amount of HP, the other supporting characters if focused on by enemies get eaten alive right away by damage. I've lost my medic so many times because of this. The battles also drag for the most part especially with some enemies being damage sponges having very high health or some combination of high health/shields. It makes every encounter a bit more dangerous, but drags so often at times. Also once a character falls on your team, the rest of your team should retreat, though with high damage enemies they will likely fall fast too.

Most of the action is exploring and getting items, getting through obstacles and finding objectives. You have a map that shows enemies when scanned, obstacles and points of interest along with hazards if you fight in those rooms. There is a Diablo style loot system which give bonuses and all through weapons, tools, and shields. It's neat for the skills for sure. Also every item has card style actions associated with it, so your attacks/actions come straight from all these items and their mods. It's the best part of the gameplay and very fun though in later dungeons you get so much stuff it's harder to figure out what is really good.

Overall I like the game enough and feel it's a decent mix of dungeon crawler and survival game. These last dungeons are harder for more weak characters and my pace has slowed. I want to beat the game, but it's becoming more of a crawl then anything and I barely care about the story at all now. Still a very decent game that's not just a Darkest Dungeon feeling/looking clone. I'll give it a 7/10.

So, Kroger has/had Freschetta brand frozen pizza on sale for $3.99 a piece this past week (until end of day today).

Thought y'all'd like to see a picture that represents my freezer right now.

KdxNYHa.jpg

So, Kroger has/had Freschetta brand frozen pizza on sale for $3.99 a piece this past week (until end of day today).

Thought y'all'd like to see a picture that represents my freezer right now.

Holy crap! I know we have hardcore pizza enthusiasts in here, but I can't imagine eating that much pizza in a year.

On a side note, is there anyone here who can use a 14-day Game Pass Ultimate trial code? It came with my new controller and it's only good for folks who haven't had a previous sub.

I can't imagine eating that much pizza in a year.
tenor.gif

What percentage of those have pineapple on them?

If it's not 100%, you've got another grocery store run to make.
5mlKpnp.gif

That's a lot of pizza! I usually get like 2 every visit or so during these times. That's commitment haha.
To be doubly clear... that's not my freezer.

I got 5 cause it was cheap and I try not to go to the store often right now. So might as well stock up.

Might've just been Hollywood "magic", but that pizza looks so good, I probably would've still eaten off that shingled roof.
It's one of those things that they've spoken of many times. They got a pizza, and expected to do many shots. And that was the first shot. So it's actually not Hollywood "magic" in this case lol. Pure luck.

It's one of those things that they've spoken of many times. They got a pizza, and expected to do many shots. And that was the first shot. So it's actually not Hollywood "magic" in this case lol. Pure luck.
Somebody's going to have to clue me in to the joke here. Is this a TV show where someone just threw a pizza onto a roof on purpose?

I'm not sure how the creepy dolls help. . . .

My brother tells me I should watch that show, but I can't really say that I'm all that interested. And now that I know they waste perfectly-good pizza in the show I'm even less interested. There's just no excuse for that.

Breaking Bad is one of the best television shows of all-time, and it's also one of the most overrated TV shows of all-time.  I don't think I've been able to tell anyone "you need to see this," about it with a straight face since about 2012.  People either care about well-written, slow-burn television shows or they don't. 

I know, I know - I should be kicking myself for not catching on w/ Breaking Bad, back when it was hot.

Though, I am really enjoying the hell out of Better Call Saul.

So many shows, can't keep up.

Just to say I'm getting through my Steam catalog and categorizing everything. It's making me realize there is a lot of good stuff I haven't played yet, and hopefully after this exercise I will have mainly stuff I wouldn't mind playing. Currently on the K games and at this point I've almost put about 899 games into my bad/forgotten/abandoned/whatever category along with about 200 I wont play either, so quite a bit of games are out of consideration for being played now. For the curious at when I finish this I will say how much of my library was these categories haha. I'm expecting more junk, had dead multiplayer, doesn't run on Windows 10, etc... I should have done this ages ago for my library.

Breaking Bad is one of the best television shows of all-time, and it's also one of the most overrated TV shows of all-time. I don't think I've been able to tell anyone "you need to see this," about it with a straight face since about 2012. People either care about well-written, slow-burn television shows or they don't.
After all the mania years ago over "Lost" being the best thing evar on teevee, I tend to be skeptical of super popular shows.

Lost was always crap. Instead of answering anything, they just made more mysteries and loopholes. It was obvious by S3 they were never going to answer anything.

BB has the benefit of not being too long -- 5 seasons and 62 episodes.

It's like if Dexter ended around season 4, or GoT having better last 2 seasons. BB told it's story and ended, and that was that. It doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Breaking Bad honestly is one of the best shows I've ever seen. It's well-paced, well-written, not overly-sexualized, has believable characters and situations, and it always left me wanting more. Much better than shows like Sons of Anarchy, in my opinion.

To give you the show's premise: A high school chemistry teacher finds out he has cancer and can't afford treatment. He finds out how much money is in selling drugs from his DEA brother-in-law and decides to get into the business. Shit hits the fan for the next 60 episodes.

Sons of Anarchy: another show I somehow missed the boat on.

But, I am enjoying its spin-off: Mayans MC.

I'm not sure how the creepy dolls help. . . .

My brother tells me I should watch that show, but I can't really say that I'm all that interested. And now that I know they waste perfectly-good pizza in the show I'm even less interested. There's just no excuse for that.
It had pineapple on it

Lost was always crap. Instead of answering anything, they just made more mysteries and loopholes. It was obvious by S3 they were never going to answer anything.
Think I read something once where the writers just admitted they were making stuff up as they went along. I mean the show actually might have been interesting to me if they didn't bother with the supernatural crap and just left it as people surviving a plane crash on an island.

All those I have watched and I didn't care for most of the time. some seasons were great others I hated. Minus Dexter which was good for the first half till the awful seasons happened with what's his name from third rock from the sun and it turned into a dumpster fire.

bread's done
Back