Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Decided to take a chance on another rogue like card game. This one is Meteorfall: Krumit's Tale still in early access.

I have played a decent amount of this (very addicting) and it's a good one. First of all the graphics are very Adventure Time like and quite nice. The sounds are also excellent and sound very action packed and all. The gameplay is unique where you have a board that I believe is 3x4 that has enemies as well as your own decks items. There are 4 characters that all play differently and get their own unique cards and some powers. You pretty much have to clear out every enemy and after that you move onto the next area. Everything other than the order the cards come out in is very deterministic. If you do 2 damage every turn in battle you will do that. It makes the numbers add up easier though abilities and cards make some of the math a little harder to predict. You can have 4 items on your character at a time that could be weapons, items, potions, armor, abilities, etc... Balancing when you can take out enemies easily or with just some damage is the draw of the game. There are some status ailments in freeze, poison and burn, which can help you out. Frankly it gets hard quickly after a few stages and becomes punishing later. I think a decent problem is in the later stages figuring out how to build yourself up early as all the fights are hard. Every few stages has a boss in it too which are difficult. Another major flaw is that every enemy has a set attack pattern, but in the actual fights I'm not sure if there is a way to check them. In the before you enter an area screen there you can click the enemies and see the attacks, but I'm not sure how to do it when the level starts. This is needed as I said everything is deterministic in battles. Honestly the whole game is very original and very unique. It's super fun and I'm sure will be great when released. It's fully featured already in its early access form. 8/10
I am loving these mainly because I have noticed you also have an interest in card games like I do. I would love to get a ranking list of all the card games that you have played if you don't mind.

I am a mad consumer of rogue lite/like games and card games in general. I'm not going to be as original in saying Slay the Spire is likely the one I've played the most. It's one of my go-to games on the Switch and the mods are neat on the PC version with The Animator and The Duelist being my favorites. Ascension is my go to game on mobile though I own it on PC too. Plays quickly and is a nice deck builder. Honestly I feel too many games are just trying to be the next Slay the Spire and borrow too heavily, such as Neoverse, which is very decent though flawed. My favorite deckbuilding game so far is Dominion, though I haven't played all the newer ones. I don't know why an official application of that one never panned out. Would be my go to on phone if it existed, though Androminion was good though wasn't updated after a while. I just hope more games get a bit more creative like Krumit's Tales.   

I am loving these mainly because I have noticed you also have an interest in card games like I do. I would love to get a ranking list of all the card games that you have played if you don't mind.
Out of curiosity, do you partake in any deck building physical card / board games?

As much as I'm not in love with what we did over the weekend, it's nice to see the Vikings "winning the draft" through the collective grades of analysts and analytics and the Packers at the very bottom.  I was actually pretty upset that they didn't move up and grab another top WR in this "deepest WR class ever", nor target and move up for any particular talent from rounds 2 through 4 at all.  So they got the autodraft right, congrats.  Sucks to be Aaron Rodgers lol.  I laughed when I opened Twitter on Thursday and read the "he's going to treat him (Jordan Love) like family" comments. 

EWi-Ye-Qo-Xg-AMljz-G-1.jpg

Are you happy with your team's draft?

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I'm not in love with what we did over the weekend, it's nice to see the Vikings "winning the draft" through the collective grades of analysts and analytics and the Packers at the very bottom. I was actually pretty upset that they didn't move up and grab another top WR in this "deepest WR class ever", nor target and move up for any particular talent from rounds 2 through 4 at all. So they got the autodraft right, congrats. Sucks to be Aaron Rodgers lol. I laughed when I opened Twitter on Thursday and read the "he's going to treat him (Jordan Love) like family" comments.

EWi-Ye-Qo-Xg-AMljz-G-1.jpg

Ugh, can we please try to stay on topic?

652-DCF7-B-AE03-4-C23-8-BA3-7-DD81952-F1-B7.jpg

I understand why draft grades exist, but the whole process might be one of the most pointless things out there. In all honestly, every single one of those grades should be incomplete since there's no way of determining how a draft turned out before a single player has spent any time with the team.

I suppose you can grade the "process used" or the "team's method" or whatever, but who is going to care about a post-draft grade of A or F three years from now when we actually have an idea of how these players perform.

I am a mad consumer of rogue lite/like games and card games in general. I'm not going to be as original in saying Slay the Spire is likely the one I've played the most. It's one of my go-to games on the Switch and the mods are neat on the PC version with The Animator and The Duelist being my favorites. Ascension is my go to game on mobile though I own it on PC too. Plays quickly and is a nice deck builder. Honestly I feel too many games are just trying to be the next Slay the Spire and borrow too heavily, such as Neoverse, which is very decent though flawed. My favorite deckbuilding game so far is Dominion, though I haven't played all the newer ones. I don't know why an official application of that one never panned out. Would be my go to on phone if it existed, though Androminion was good though wasn't updated after a while. I just hope more games get a bit more creative like Krumit's Tales.
Thanks! Some of those games I haven't heard of.

I am constantly looking for another game to get me hooked like Slay the Spire and Into the Breach did. Both are easily my two most played games in the last decade (outside of Hearthstone). I was trying to figure out why I like those games so much versus other games and I think it is because of the three things. One is the deep strategy planning that both need for you to be successful. Plus turn based combat. But the third reason is something unique to them versus most games, and that is that you know what the enemy is going to do next turn and thus you need to respond to that move. For some reason that very specific mechanic is what really draws me to these games. Needing to solve that puzzle is what hooks me. Or at least I think....

I understand why draft grades exist, but the whole process might be one of the most pointless things out there. In all honestly, every single one of those grades should be incomplete since there's no way of determining how a draft turned out before a single player has spent any time with the team.

I suppose you can grade the "process used" or the "team's method" or whatever, but who is going to care about a post-draft grade of A or F three years from now when we actually have an idea of how these players perform.
Yep, it can be dumb. "Winning the offseason" is a joke every year. But it's just a fun exercise and it's about grading the process. You can grade the process, trust the process, and evaluate a GM with it.

For instance, Bill O'Brian is functioning with an extra chromosome. I also laughed when the Raiders made a truly 'Al Davis' pick in the 1st.

As a chiefs fan, your vikings can kindly go eff themselves for sniping Jeff Gladney, and to a lessor extent, Cameron Danztler before our picks.

Eh, whoever compiled that chart should have dropped Thor Nystrom from it.  
His low scores are anomalies biasing the averages, and Rotoworld doesn't seem to be a big enough deal to make it a representative sample. 

I mean, those takes are like "edgy sport talk radio loudmouth"  level.  

As a Lions fan, you all can go fuck yourselves.
You're a Lions fan. We already know you're a masochist with no taste, so your words have no power here.
I think the past month is the best all of the Detroit sports team have done in nearly a generation.

Whenever I hear people speculating about football draft picks, two things come to mind...

No. 1 Draft Pick - JaMarcus Russell, who went on to fucking suck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSkVFkFgrXo

No. 199 Draft Pick - Tom Brady, who went on to become one of the most accomplished players ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dt7JaSCft0

Wait... huh... what? Thought I clicked a steam thread, not an american football thread...

Just starting checking back into steam. Switched to macOS a couple years ago and had to remember my account since it's been a while. Had an account since 2004 with tons of licenses yet my account page says I never spent a penny. steam definitely has changed nowadays.

We still mention freebies like Shogun 2 and when a decent game is at a new all-time low but since really good deals are few and far between at this point there isn't a lot to discuss.  isthereanydeal.com  is by far the easiest and most useful way of tracking Steam  pc game deals in general since you can see price history across various sites and know if the sale is even worth bothering with or not, keep a wishlist and get emails when items are on sale, etc.  Most of the time these days you are better off getting Steam keys somewhere other than Steam as well.

Older games you are better off getting on gog.com if they are available there, they are patched to work on modern OS and are DRM free and usually the gog version is the best choice for older games with mods as well.  Ubisoft games are typically cheaper on uplay, EA games on Origin, etc.  Newer games by those companies are not even on Steam usually and the ones that are go on sale cheaper on the other stores than they ever do on Steam.

I try telling people we should be talking about pizza, but nobody listens to me.
We should remember what it says in Revelations: "And lo! A pineapple pizza; and ham sat upon it and terrible Steam sales followed it. And power was given to it upon four stores of the earth, to slay Steam with GOG, and with Epic, and with uPlay, and with beasts of itch.io. And when the fifth slice was cut, Gaben rose up and ate the pizza and let slip a great wind and it tore the earth asunder."

i can't sleep.

As a chiefs fan, your vikings can kindly go eff themselves for sniping Jeff Gladney, and to a lessor extent, Cameron Danztler before our picks.
I honestly don't think the Vikings choosing Jeff Gladney changed are draft plans at all... First choice at RB, a position of weakness after Hunt literally kicked himself off the team, locked into a 5 year contract on the cheap? Yes, please.

Reid's offense has always had a need for RBs who can catch the ball, the best he's had was Westbrook and there's serious talk that Edwards-Helaire is next best skilled since.

Going to be real fun to watch... Its getting to the point where teams cannot double anyone.

Anybody been playing anything good of late?

I'm around 12 hours into XCOM: Chimera Squad. And it's really good, so far.

Breach Mode is cool. So, since this game is basically the XCOM: Cop Squad, more or less, with humans, aliens, and even robots on your team - you will breach into rooms & buildings to get bonuses (or sometimes even debuffs), all depending on what items you have in your crew, who holds the items, where you're breaching (there are often different ways to go into a room). Often, each mission and encounter (and yes, you can have multiple encounters and breaches within one big mission). Basically, Breaching feels like a surprise attack when you go in, every time. And it feels like VATS from Fallout 3, with how cinematic the camera is, withe the way things look and act. It's just awesome.

Once you Breach, you go into combat. And combat here is a blast to watch and play. You have to play smart, strategic & whatnot. Of course, it's XCOM, so it's all turn-based. You can save at pretty much anytime that it's one of your squad's turn. Attacks look like VATS, when you execute them, as they go all cinematic on you and whatnot. Lethal combat here is just an awesome blast.

Besides killing enemies, you can even arrest enemies now. Instead of them dying, you hit them with a melee attack and knock them unconscious. Once the mission's over, you might get some kind of reward from arresting enemies. Rewards could be benefits, special items, information, and/or who knows what from arresting enemies. So, if possible and necessary, this is just another option and tool for the player to use, when in combat.

Your squad are all named & pre-planned characters. There's a little over 10 of these guys, that you can recruit. All of them are voice-acted and will do banter, especially back at your HQ. The banter is often funny, sarcastic, hilarious, and/or entertaining. You don't create your own crew here and name them from scratch here, but you can select with each mission who goes (usually up to 4 guys on a mission). Also, they all have skills, stats, and whatnot you can upgrade - and they also have their own special skills too. There's no permadeath here. But if a member goes down in combat, they can get scars...which give them debuffs until you train the scars out of them when they are not in the (main) field, when you train them back at your main HQ. If you hire robots into your squad, when a member goes down, a robot can come in to help & then replace the downed member.

Your main HQ is where you decide how to outfit your crew; level-up and upgrade your crew; buy weapons/items/supplies/etc; train members to improve them (and also remove scars, if any of your crew members earned them while in battle); etc etc. You also decide what missions to take on here too, in the main room.

Also, at the main table with the view of the map of the entire city of City 31, you have to keep an eye on how run down the City is going here with problems, in each district & with the overall City 31. You can send your crew on missions that aren't the main ones for a day or few; do missions to keep each district's an overall City 31 level of heat in check (to make sure it doesn't get overrun); etc etc.

The game's story and plot is as follows: you're trying to go about finding out, in any way you can, which faction killed the Mayor of City 31 and why. City 31 is a city, which is the first for a new alliance and integration of humans & aliens both into one city on Earth. There's a human-only faction; alien-only faction; and a faction that contains both humans and aliens - and you're to go about finding out which faction is involved with the murder of your Mayor, as someone is not happy with the Mayor pushing for this integration of humans & aliens on Earth.

1080p60fps+ easy on my SC15 laptop (i7 7700HQ; 16 GB RAM; 6GB GTX 1060; W10 x64) at High settings. Often, it's in the 70-90fps range. Looks good, runs great. On my old desktop at 1080p at High (i7 950; 16 GB RAM; GTX 970) W10 x64) - framerates bounces here and there b/t 30-60fps. So, to keep it safe, kept it where it drops often w/ MSI Afterburner with a framerate lock of 40fps.

So far, so good. Real good. Need to play more. This game rules.

Been busy with FFVIIR and Persona 5 Royal. I'm 95% console bro right now.. waiting on new cards in the fall. The remaining 5% is Slay the Spire, to which I am still a hopeless junkie.

I've been playing TLoZ: Link's Awakening, Final Fantasy VI, and New Super Mario Bros.

It's all on emulator so it, uh, still counts as master race PC gaming, right?

Also I've been playing the PSP remake of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood on PSP.

What are some great PC exclusives from the last few years? Finally decided to build a new computer which I hadn't done in 10 years, had just been using a laptop. I got Bannerlord, and Disco Elysium. Let me know of any other good exclusives.

So anyone know if Nvidia is doing anything good if you purchase a video card right now?

Kids laptop has been crapping out so I gave her my 1070 (and upgraded myself to a 2070).  But then I realized her processor was too slow so bought her a new motherboard/cpu/cooler.  Then I got mad at her slow internet's so I bought her a new wireless adapter.  Then realizing Oculus wouldn't work right I bought her a 3.0 PCIex1 extension.  And down the rabbit hole I've gone.....

And yet, minus my graphics card my PC has been fairly solid for like 6 maybe 7 years now.

It's weird.

I think the only giveaways right now are 3 months Ultimate Game Pass with AMD graphics cards/chips.

For the game I did finally beat with one character Meteorfall: Krumit's Tale. Really liked it and gave my review before. It's extremely polished though maybe lacking a bit of variety between runs. I feel it just needs more items/abilities/monsters to be really good, but it's solid nonetheless.

Not sure of my next game to play but it's likely Last of Us PS4 and FF7R PS4.

Humble Bundle Freebies for anyone who wants them

Darkness 2

KT5BA-GQFVZ-WJZ5N

Spec Ops

N2CIB-QF8AR-J243M

Carnival Games VR

MLQC0-6DW34-WFN45

Borderlands GOTY Enhanced

9QTDP-FZMCB-PYYK3

Lots of EA Stuff on sale on EA Origin and Amazon Digital Video Games.

Madden NFL '20 is around $14.

BF1 is $3.

ME: Andromeda is $4.

ME2 DLC Pack, ME3 DLC Pack, and DA2 DLC packs on Origin are at a new low of 70% off each.

BF1 is $3.
ME2 DLC Pack, ME3 DLC Pack, and DA2 DLC packs on Origin are at a new low of 70% off each.
The ME DLC packs historic lows like 10 years after the games were released cost as much as or more than the decidedly not historical low for the entire trilogy currently available at Amazon.

EA’s funny. I’ll kill them first.

What are some great PC exclusives from the last few years? Finally decided to build a new computer which I hadn't done in 10 years, had just been using a laptop. I got Bannerlord, and Disco Elysium. Let me know of any other good exclusives.
Not necessarily the greatest PC exclusive, but I'll mention it anyways: American Truck Simulator. And I'm being totally serious. Very niche game but it and Euro Truck 2 have given me so much more enjoyment than I ever would've previously expected. ATS has become my go-to game for just relaxing and listening to music. Has a demo and goes on sale for $5 every month. Huge modding community and excellent developer support.

Thanks! Some of those games I haven't heard of.

I am constantly looking for another game to get me hooked like Slay the Spire and Into the Breach did. Both are easily my two most played games in the last decade (outside of Hearthstone). I was trying to figure out why I like those games so much versus other games and I think it is because of the three things. One is the deep strategy planning that both need for you to be successful. Plus turn based combat. But the third reason is something unique to them versus most games, and that is that you know what the enemy is going to do next turn and thus you need to respond to that move. For some reason that very specific mechanic is what really draws me to these games. Needing to solve that puzzle is what hooks me. Or at least I think....
I mentioned this a few weeks ago, but Monster Train is very similar to StS, but has a nice twist where you're putting down minions to defend and placement is important. I've played a few different deck-builders and I was pretty impressed by this one. There's a decent number of options they have while playing to keep it fresh. It also does a decent job of showing you what the result of your actions will be for the next turn.

The beta ended recently and they haven't announced the release date yet, but it'll be some time in the next 2 months: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1102190/Monster_Train/

I decided to use my $10 Epic coupon on Griftlands before that expired. I haven't been able to really get into it though. It's a deck-builder, but they filled it with more rpg trappings like adding a bunch of reading. I'm not against reading, but I'm not sure if that's what I want in a rogue-like. I also don't think I like the plot, characters or world here. I'm kind of sad because Klei is usually such a good developer. Oh, well, it's still early access and I should give it more chances before I judge it too harshly. In case you are interested in it, they are going to raise the price to $20 soon, but it's also been on sale in the past.

The Monster Train beta rocked. It got challenging quickly but I ended up winning twice I think with each of the starting heroes in the beta. I am ready to buy that one whenever it comes out. Very good. 

I played the Monster Train beta, I think due to nitrosmob recommending it. I thought it was good, but I think I am bit spoiled by StS. I also tried Nowhere Prophet and it is also good and see why people like it, but again for me, not near StS levels. I do want to try Griftlands eventually but I think I will wait for a Steam release.

A game by the name of Trials of Fire looks very promising to me. The first review mentions it being mold of StS and Battle Brothers. Two games that I really enjoy. I think I will give that a go soon. 

Speaking of Battle Brothers, I highly recommend it for those of you who like turn based, grid based strategy games. It is very hard and very good. It is also going to release on the Switch this year and can't wait to play it on the go.

BF1 is $3.

I finally bit when the DLC hit 50% off thinking EA wouldn't lower it for those 3 anymore... Oh well. Still hoping they put Unravel 2, Fe, and A Way Out for 75% off soon. A couple of those have been 75% off on Switch of all places.

Can anyone here recommend a good pair of gaming headphones for PC/PS4? I currently have the Gen1 PS Gold wireless headset but I don't like them enough to buy the Gen2's, I prefer my mics to have a boom. I was looking at the Steel Series Arctis 5 mainly because they are on sale at GameStop for $60. I was also thinking about Astro A20's or Turtlebeach Stealth 600's.

Edit: I don't mind wired headsets, my main concern is great audio input/output.

bread's done
Back