Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
While we’re on the subject of emulating, does anyone know where to get a relatively high quality USB or bluetooth spinner/paddle/whatever you call those things? I’ve got a pretty nice emulation setup on my computer right now, but games designed for one of those things just don’t feel quite right with my arrow keys, d-pad, or analog stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
While we’re on the subject of emulating, does anyone know where to get a relatively high quality USB or bluetooth spinner/paddle/whatever you call those things? I’ve got a pretty nice emulation setup on my computer right now, but games designed for one of those things just don’t feel quite right with my arrow keys, d-pad, or analog stick.
There are many options available. It mostly depends on how handy you are.

https://www.amazon.com/R-STYLE-Controller-Suitable-emulators-hyperspin/dp/B07RYT7YXJ

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P5WJ7BC?tag=duckduckgo-ffnt-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NKJ3SKH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P9cau7lae0

I actually have one of those A1ups that I got for $75 when the clearances first started and modded it with a Pi. I had my panel made by a company called 99livesArcade that does really great work. I am using the Wolfanoz image, and all but 2 or 3 roms have worked great. My kids love it, and I have a good time playing through the games I remember and a lot I don’t remember from my childhood.
attachicon.gif
E3A61DC2-2F87-4E0E-A91A-0E9C28793D55.jpeg

My only complaint is that I can’t get the trackball and spinner working properly and I’m not really adept at fixing that sort of thing. In hindsight I would have gone with a 3 player panel and skipped the trackball and spinner
That extended board looks awesome. I will definitely check out 99livesArcade. The Rampage cabinet has the same in-line board as all of the first generation cabinets, only it has built-in controls for 3 players, so the buttons are cramped together. Was also wondering how I would be able to play games that require different buttons or other special controls that the Rampage package might not be equipped to handle.

Thanks for sharing your build. I'd love to have a full-size cabinet so friends aren't on top of each other while playing, but this is a nice and frugal alternative.

More info on Assassin's Creed: Valhalla:

PC Gamer - https://www.pcgamer.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-release-date-trailer-gameplay/
VG247 - https://www.vg247.com/2020/05/01/assassins-creed-valhalla-dual-wield/?fbclid=IwAR1AKyg-GJ6gJG0u7KQFqqqNzMA2RoJtAoV4YbuuFDAKlcNFBQdeXW78icw

Info:
- RPG elements that were in AC: Odyssey will continue to be here in Valhalla.
- RPG elements will include decision-making, player choice & branching dialogue paths.
- Eivor is the lead character, in which you can decide to be either the male or female version of Eivor.
- Both the male & female protagonists of Eivor will be considered canon in the AC franchise.
- You can dual-wield almost anything, including having two shields.
- You can toss axes.
- Valhalla takes place in 9th Century England, beginning around the year 873.
- You will manage & grow a Viking settlement in England.
- You can customize your base & it will have a major role in the game.
- You can upgrade & manage your blacksmith, tattoo parlor, barracks, etc.
- You can share your Viking raiders with your friends.
- There is romance options in this game, just like AC: Odyssey.
- There are 15 studios working on AC:V, including UbiSoft Montreal.
- Layla Hassan's modern-day story from AC: Origins & Odyssey will continue here in Valhalla.

In other words, we’ll be forced to have a baby in the DLC with some vapid, pre-selected character again?

Oh god, that sounds awful. Why would anybody subcommittee the creative process out to that extent oh wait it’s Ubisoft.

- Layla Hassan's modern-day story from AC: Origins & Odyssey will continue here in Valhalla.
Why is the modern story even still a thing, does anybody actually give a crap about that stuff? This is one of the main things that holds me back from buying AC games every time they manage to release one with a moderately interesting setting.

Why is the modern story even still a thing, does anybody actually give a crap about that stuff? This is one of the main things that holds me back from buying AC games every time they manage to release one with a moderately interesting setting.
I think the original idea was: Desmond was going to become the Ultimate Assassin, by experiencing all of his ancestors' memories & learning all of the skills in the numerous Animus machines that he used, over the course of numerous games.

Of course, they ended that idea, by AC3....

...by killing Desmand off.

AC3 is pretty much, the game where the series jumped the shark, in numerous ways.

And it's been continuing down the path and continuously shark-jumping, for a LONG time.

Sounds like w/ modern AC's (since AC: Origins) they are following the AC1-3 formula of Desmond here for Layla, but...the problem is, people don't really care about Desmond or Layla. I think what they need to do is - well, obviously - at some point, do a modern day AC game, where you are one of those characters. I always thought it was a missed opportunity, not doing a full AC game as Desmond. In this case w/ the reboot, they could have a modern AC where you are Layla.

I do think AC: Syndicate had the best formula for the modern-day AC stuff - as that was all NOT playable at all and that part was told through cut-scenes, feeling like a reward for everything you were doing in Syndicate.

Newegg is sending out targeted emails to their customers with $10 off codes in them.  Not valid on gift cards.  Check your email.  

Edit: I tried to use the code on a $19.99 purchase.  It didn't work.  I contacted Newegg customer service by chat to see if they will do anything, but no such luck yet.  I'll keep you guys posted.

Customer service claimed that the code wouldn't work because I wasn't signed up to receive emails from Newegg.  How I wasn't signed up to receive emails is confusing since I received an email from Newegg in the first place.  But then it won't work on a third-party purchase through Newegg either.  Forget it.

The modern day AC stuff is essentially the ketchup on the AssCreed pizza.

Incidentally, I've been playing AC: Origins again to do all the DLC stuff and that game always had the distinction of being the only modern-day Ubisoft game where I haven't glitched through the bottom of the game world. Well, not anymore!

ZbNdb9E.jpg

Incidentally, I've been playing AC: Origins again to do all the DLC stuff and that game always had the distinction of being the only modern-day Ubisoft game where I haven't glitched through the bottom of the game world. Well, not anymore!
giphy.gif

ZbNdb9E.jpg
akqmvdd29hkw6wr4bvts.jpg

More info on Assassin's Creed: Valhalla:

PC Gamer - https://www.pcgamer.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-release-date-trailer-gameplay/
VG247 - https://www.vg247.com/2020/05/01/assassins-creed-valhalla-dual-wield/?fbclid=IwAR1AKyg-GJ6gJG0u7KQFqqqNzMA2RoJtAoV4YbuuFDAKlcNFBQdeXW78icw

Info:
- RPG elements that were in AC: Odyssey will continue to be here in Valhalla.
- RPG elements will include decision-making, player choice & branching dialogue paths.
- Eivor is the lead character, in which you can decide to be either the male or female version of Eivor.
- Both the male & female protagonists of Eivor will be considered canon in the AC franchise.
- You can dual-wield almost anything, including having two shields.
- You can toss axes.
- Valhalla takes place in 9th Century England, beginning around the year 873.
- You will manage & grow a Viking settlement in England.
- You can customize your base & it will have a major role in the game.
- You can upgrade & manage your blacksmith, tattoo parlor, barracks, etc.
- You can share your Viking raiders with your friends.
I know you couldn't cover all 78,332 features of AC:Thor but waaaaaaay down the feature list at 78,301 (right below 'watch character defacate in real time') this was added to maintain historical accuracy:

Only one form of assassination allowed in AC:Valhalla - Viking Dance-off

giphy.gif

Flashback (1993 version / Remastered) on Steam = 99 cents.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/961620/Flashback/

In addition to the original 1993 game, this version includes a Modern mode, with :

- Post-FX graphic filters,
- Completely remastered sound and music,
- A brand new "Rewind" function, variable according to the level of difficulty
- Tutorials for those who need a boost!

I know you couldn't cover all 78,332 features of AC:Thor but waaaaaaay down the feature list at 78,301 (right below 'watch character defacate in real time') this was added to maintain historical accuracy:
Only one form of assassination allowed in AC:Valhalla - Viking Dance-off
giphy.gif
Wait... so they did or did not confirm a synchronized dance number feature for your crew in this new AC?

I'm pretty sure in one of the last couple entries you could find/learn songs they'd all just break out into, so this is clearly the next logical step.

Many, many people are aware I recently purchased a beautiful, truly beautiful MSI laptop. It's a tremendous, powerful laptop. RTX2060 graphics ... many, many beautiful RAMs ... 32 I think ... tremendous i7 processor with the most GHzs the world has ever seen!!! It's the most powerful laptop ever, everyone says so. To test out this powerful computer I searched for a suitable game to showcase it's most powerful power. I eventually picked a tremendous game ... Kingdom Rush. It's an amazing game, believe me. This powerful laptop played this game beautifully, very beautifully. I have achieved all this games many, many achievements due to my great and unmatched wisdom. I know strategy better than all the generals, everyone knows it. I can honestly say without doubt, Kingdom Rush is the very best Tower Defence game ever. Believe me. You should play it. What have you got to lose?!?

Many, many people are aware I recently purchased a beautiful, truly beautiful MSI laptop. It's a tremendous, powerful laptop. RTX2060 graphics ... many, many beautiful RAMs ... 32 I think ... tremendous i7 processor with the most GHzs the world has ever seen!!! It's the most powerful laptop ever, everyone says so. To test out this powerful computer I searched for a suitable game to showcase it's most powerful power. I eventually picked a tremendous game ... Kingdom Rush. It's an amazing game, believe me. This powerful laptop played this game beautifully, very beautifully. I have achieved all this games many, many achievements due to my great and unmatched wisdom. I know strategy better than all the generals, everyone knows it. I can honestly say without doubt, Kingdom Rush is the very best Tower Defence game ever. Believe me. You should play it. What have you got to lose?!?
But...can it run Crysis? Or Crysis Remastered? ;)

Any current Steam wallet discounts going on anywhere? 

Whenever I look at something on Steam, it's the one store I can never find any deals on the credit.

Whenever I look at something on Steam, it's the one store I can never find any deals on the credit.
almost never, in my approximation. I'm hoping there's a way to use bing bux to get some steam monies, but of course that's playing the long game.

almost never, in my approximation. I'm hoping there's a way to use bing bux to get some steam monies, but of course that's playing the long game.
Yeah I was looking at that also.. Best I could figure was buying Walmart cards.. then use them to buy Steam lol.

There would probably be some "you can't buy a Game card with a gift card" rule.

Agree.

I think the original idea was: Desmond was going to become the Ultimate Assassin, by experiencing all of his ancestors' memories & learning all of the skills in the numerous Animus machines that he used, over the course of numerous games.

Of course, they ended that idea, by AC3....

...by killing Desmand off.

AC3 is pretty much, the game where the series jumped the shark, in numerous ways.

And it's been continuing down the path and continuously shark-jumping, for a LONG time.

Sounds like w/ modern AC's (since AC: Origins) they are following the AC1-3 formula of Desmond here for Layla, but...the problem is, people don't really care about Desmond or Layla. I think what they need to do is - well, obviously - at some point, do a modern day AC game, where you are one of those characters. I always thought it was a missed opportunity, not doing a full AC game as Desmond. In this case w/ the reboot, they could have a modern AC where you are Layla.

I do think AC: Syndicate had the best formula for the modern-day AC stuff - as that was all NOT playable at all and that part was told through cut-scenes, feeling like a reward for everything you were doing in Syndicate.
Interesting hypothesis, but I have to agree with Souffrir--no matter how you slice it, the modern-day crap just breaks up the story to an annoying degree, and no one really has any investment in the modern-day shenanigans. Also, they could probably lose the whole "ancient alien civilizations" crap that has the stink of a bad History Channel series and it would do absolutely nothing to take away from what is otherwise a compelling and enjoyable series.

I mean, it's like. . .

KUbw0mz.png

WHY?!?!?!?!

This isn't necessarily to your detriment. Most (reputable) third party sites that sell Steam keys (I'm talking about GreenManGaming, Fanatical, etc. and not shady places like 'SeedyKeys!) almost always beat the sale prices offered on Steam itself. As such, any discount you get on Steam wallet funds/gift cards is often negated.

Mooby speaks the truth. I only usually buy on Steam games I know wont get discounts elsewhere (visual novels or early access games if I want to do that). Most of the time if they're available elsewhere wait for sales there and use the key on Steam.

For the first time in maybe 1-2 years I actually bought a $20 steam card today.  Pretty happy with the bundle.  Was on the fence about it but then when I saw some proceeds also go to charity i decided to nab 'em all.  Bundle ends tomorrow.

[attachment=33978:bundle.png]

Yeah that's a great bundle. I already played through DQ11 on PS4 when it released.  It was my favorite GotY in 2018 and I highly recommend it. 

I just wish that they hadn't published those updated mobile versions of Chrono Trigger and the older Final Fantasys on PC.  That really took away from their appeal.  I'm not sure what they were thinking with these bastardized versions of the original games with those fucked up character sprites.

Unless the savings are significant, I think I'd rather spend a little more to get something on Steam just so I have the option of a refund. I actually just ordered a $20 Steam card since my wallet will be down to a couple dollars after getting Super Mega Baseball 3 next week. Amazing that after all these years, I'm finally out of trading card money.

I always buy the card/deck building/interesting rogue lite games on Steam unless the price is very cheap elsewhere to try them out. I have refunded 2 or 3, so it's a good way to try them. I think so far I've refunded maybe about 8 games. It's a good way to try out games if you're not sure you'll like them.

Koch Media and THQ Nordic have traded some IP's: Red Faction, Risen, Sacred, Painkiller, etc:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-05-05-thq-nordic-and-koch-media-trade-ips

- Koch Media and THQ Nordic are both owned by Embracer Group

- THQ Nordic has traded away Red Faction & Painkiller IP's over to Koch Media.

- Koch Media traded away Risen, Sacred, Rush for Berlin, Second Strike, and Singles: Flirt Up Your Life over to THQ Nordic.

- Red Faction going over to Koch is a big deal, b/c RF's original developer Volition is over at Koch.

- Risen going to THQ Nordic is a big deal, since Risen's original developer Pirahna Bytes is over at THQ Nordic.

For the first time in maybe 1-2 years I actually bought a $20 steam card today. Pretty happy with the bundle. Was on the fence about it but then when I saw some proceeds also go to charity i decided to nab 'em all. Bundle ends tomorrow.

bundle.png
I don't want to be that guy, you know that says something controversial, everyone knows I'm not controversial but I gotta say ... I feel strongly every single one of those games will eventually be in a Humble Choice bundle. I know bundles better than anyone and trust me, those will all be bundled at some point.

Koch Media and THQ Nordic have traded some IP's: Red Faction, Risen, Sacred, Painkiller, etc:
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-05-05-thq-nordic-and-koch-media-trade-ips

- Koch Media and THQ Nordic are both owned by Embracer Group
- THQ Nordic has traded away Red Faction & Painkiller IP's over to Koch Media.
- Koch Media traded away Risen, Sacred, Rush for Berlin, Second Strike, and Singles: Flirt Up Your Life over to THQ Nordic.
- Red Faction going over to Koch is a big deal, b/c RF's original developer Volition is over at Koch.
- Risen going to THQ Nordic is a big deal, since Risen's original developer Pirahna Bytes is over at THQ Nordic.
Nice, looking forward to some new entries in the Singles: Flirt Up Your Life series.

Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection [Steam key with also G4WL] = $2.50 on Gamersgate:

https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MKAK-STEAM/mortal-kombat-arcade-kolection

MK:AK contains these Mortal Kombat games:

• Mortal Kombat 1
  • Mortal Kombat 2
  • Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Things to note:

- This MK game collection has been de-listed from Steam.

- G4WL doesn't always work and can get in the way of even getting the game going and working...

- ...So you could use XLive Less to get it running locally, but you'll have no online MP.

- Steam Guide to Use XLive Less to bypass the G4WL junk: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1535129480

trust me, those will all be bundled at some point.
Perhaps down the road, but I'm okay with that. I personally don't do humble. I carry XBL ultimate (game pass) as my only gaming sub. Currently set for 3 years just from buying components.

I played both DQXI and FFXII:TZA at launch on console. Great games that are worth supporting. I often get rid of physical games while they still have high resale value and then rebuy the superior pc versions down the road. The other two games I essentially view as freebies. I spent about an hour with Oninaki yesterday and didn't care much for it - but maybe it'll grow on me.

For you bros needing steam wallet I'm about to drop some console bro trade in flipping level of shenanigans. So, traders on steamtrades are pretty regularly trading full humble bundles for TF2 keys. For example, they were recently giving 18 TF2 keys for the full 2K Bundle. The bundle cost $20 and you sell the keys for around $2 steam credit each after fees. So you net $36 steam wallet for $20 real money spent. That's just one example and some bundles may trade for a better or worse exchange rate, but that's the best bang for your buck to get steam credit.

Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection [Steam key with also G4WL] = $2.50 on Gamersgate:
https://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MKAK-STEAM/mortal-kombat-arcade-kolection

MK:AK contains these Mortal Kombat games:

• Mortal Kombat 1
  • Mortal Kombat 2
  • Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Things to note:
- This MK game collection has been de-listed from Steam.
- G4WL doesn't always work and can get in the way of even getting the game going and working...
- ...So you could use XLive Less to get it running locally, but you'll have no online MP.
- Steam Guide to Use XLive Less to bypass the G4WL junk: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1535129480
Neat, I’ve been looking for fresh new ways to throw money away, I’ll take fifty.

bread's done
Back