Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
1. Fortnite is never dying.
2. If Fortnite does die, they make so much money off of it, Epic could give away games for 100 years and still have money.
3. Even if they do run out of Fortnite money in 100 years, the Unreal engine was and remains a big money maker before Fortnite ever happened.
4. Put some respect on Epic's name. They are the future.
I have about zero knowledge about epic. Been using steam for over 10 years and gog probably over 5. I prefer gog because I like what they do and nostalgia for old games. Always thought of steam as the leader in PC gaming though. Been out of buying PC games for a few years but starting to get interested again. How does epic compare to steam and gog? Is it worth having another account?

So, I don't know if it interests you all but for $44 I got the Jurassic World and all the DLC and proceeded to waste my whole weekend playing it.  Been a long time since "just a few minutes more" turned into 2am on me.

So, I don't know if it interests you all but for $44 I got the Jurassic World and all the DLC and proceeded to waste my whole weekend playing it. Been a long time since "just a few minutes more" turned into 2am on me.
TiL that Jurassic World has a video game.

I had honestly never heard of it until just now, and it has high marks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it headlining the current Humble Choice?
It was also free to keep on Xboner Solid Gold.

giphy.gif

I have about zero knowledge about epic. Been using steam for over 10 years and gog probably over 5. I prefer gog because I like what they do and nostalgia for old games. Always thought of steam as the leader in PC gaming though. Been out of buying PC games for a few years but starting to get interested again. How does epic compare to steam and gog? Is it worth having another account?
I'd say it's worth it just for the free games. They give out at least one a week. They have a client. It's not to Steam's level, lots of features are lacking, but free games is enough for me.

Playing Fortnite is like going to the local Y and playing basketball against some 10-year-olds who run their mouths regardless of whether they win or lose. Anonymity provides people a venue for being shitty, and there's a whole generation of kids calling strangers fags cuz their parents made them eat their vegetables. I don't have time for toxic people, least of all toxic children.

Unreal Engine is enough to keep Epic afloat even without Fortnite. But I mean, as long as the massive profits from kids buying skins with mommy's stolen credit card means free games, I'll add them to my account. Just more games for the backlog though, and I can always buy games I want instead of redeeming free games I'm not that interested in. Wouldn't be a huge loss overall if they stopped, in my opinion.

I meant to pick up some Jurassic Park and Planet Coaster DLC on Humble and totally forgot.  Had it in my cart and just forgot to check out.  Oh well, I am sure they will both be on sale again before I get to them anyway.  

Just an FYI both Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition were released today.  And it looks like if you already owned either game you get the Enhanced Editions for free.

I'm not entirely sure what's enhanced about these versions of the games, but they both include all the previous DLC it seems so there's that at least.

Just an FYI both Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition were released today. And it looks like if you already owned either game you get the Enhanced Editions for free.

I'm not entirely sure what's enhanced about these versions of the games, but they both include all the previous DLC it seems so there's that at least.
afaict they're new and improved in name only. M2:DE has had some features disabled even, physics. M3:DE seems to run worse than before, with texture issues and stutter. M2:DE is a separate title in your library, so you can play the original (Classic) if you don't want to download another 40 gigs. M3:DE replaces the original M3 and requires an additional 14 gig update. yay

I don't know if I would call the G.U. games O.G. The O.G. would be the original .hack games, no?
They are the O.G. G.U. games. But yes, better phrasing would be to say it's the remaster of all three G.U. games.

But yes, the O.G. title truly belongs to the tetrology (Infection to Quarantine...funnily enough). It'd be a cruel joke to release those on Steam right now.

afaict they're new and improved in name only. M2:DE has had some features disabled even, physics. M3:DE seems to run worse than before, with texture issues and stutter. M2:DE is a separate title in your library, so you can play the original (Classic) if you don't want to download another 40 gigs. M3:DE replaces the original M3 and requires an additional 14 gig update. yay
Do old games really need the Aegia PhysX or NVidia PhysX anymore? It was a framerate killer, back in the day. As great as particles & debris; clothing like capes, shawls, or coats swayed; or whatever looked - eh, was it ever worth the performance hits?

This game, Borderlands 2, Alice: Madness Returns had some nasty performance hits b/c of the PhysX when you have them on.

And some games, really need that junk taken out; or made optional to turn on or off - so it's easy to boot-up, if you want to turn that junk off.

Do old games really need the Aegia PhysX or NVidia PhysX anymore? It was a framerate killer, back in the day. As great as particles & debris, clothing like capes, shawls, or coats swayed; or whatever looked - eh, was it ever worth the performance hits?

This game, Borderlands 2, Alice: Madness Returns had some nasty performance hits b/c of the PhysX when you have them on.

And some games, really need that junk taken out; or made optional to turn on or off - so it's easy to boot-up, if you want to turn that junk off.
I never had any real performance problems with them in Mafia 2, only the lighting engine which had weird distance/lod lag. Sure they were wonky at times, but to remove the clothe flow altogether doesn't really say Definitive to me. More like neutered or "we didn't care enough to spend the time to fix or improve", but it's free and you still have the Mafia 2 Classic option, so it's no huge loss, just an observation.

I never had any real performance problems with them in Mafia 2, only the lighting engine which had weird distance/lod lag. Sure they were wonky at times, but to remove the clothe flow altogether doesn't really say Definitive to me. More like neutered or "we didn't care enough to spend the time to fix or improve", but it's free and you still have the Mafia 2 Classic option, so it's no huge loss, just an observation.
Curious: are there any other better or more open solutions for PhysX than say the closed Aegia PhysX or NVidia PhysX solutions?

If there are - that would be a good idea, to make the game "Definitive", as you put it.

There are some old games - where you need those NVidia PhysX Legacy Drivers installed period, just to even get them running and/or booted. And really, that's my concern w/ games from that era - i.e. Mass Effect 2.

At least Mafia 2 Classic gave us the option to turn that stuff on or off.

Just an FYI both Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition were released today. And it looks like if you already owned either game you get the Enhanced Editions for free.

i owned 2 and 3 base games, no dlc. for 3 i got the definitive edition. for 2 i just have classic.

Amazon - Digital Video Games:

Bethesda.Net keys ONLY below.

RAGE 2 - Standard [base-game]  = $9.99.

RAGE 2 - Deluxe = $14.99

Includes RAGE 2 base-game & Rise of the Ghosts expansion.

Side notes:

Terrormania DLC is NOT in any of the RAGE 2 versions currently.

To buy Terrormanina DLC, you need to currently buy RAGE Coins (i.e. similar to a BioWare Points type of system).

RAGE 2 [base-game] is also in Xbox for PC Game Pass (credit to Pasports for the reminder).

Amazon - Digital Video Games:

Bethesda.Net keys ONLY below.

RAGE 2 - Standard [base-game] = $9.99.

RAGE 2 - Deluxe = $14.99

Includes RAGE 2 base-game & Rise of the Ghosts expansion.

Side notes:

Terrormania DLC is NOT in any of the RAGE 2 versions currently.

To buy Terrormanina DLC, you need to currently buy RAGE Coins (i.e. similar to a BioWare Points type of system).
good deal but fwiw rage 2 is on game pass if youd rather go that route

good deal but fwiw rage 2 is on game pass if youd rather go that route
Yep, I've played a bit of it on XB PC Game Pass, back when it hit there.

Eh, I wasn't thrilled w/ the base-game. It's basically Far Cry 2-5 meets Rage series meets open-world repetitive Avalanche game (i.e. Just Cause games & Mad Max).

Combat's great, but...that's about it.

My curiosity here is: is the Rise of the Ghosts expansion any good? Anyone played that?

I don't think the DLC's/expansions are in XB PC Game Pass.

Some games, their DLC's are more unique, more hand-crafted & more interesting in many areas...when compared to the base-game - i.e. go see Homefront: The Revolution's DLC's; expansions for Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim; and Far Harbor for Fallout 4.

Do you ever wake up in the morning and have an afk5min so good that you want to do it all over again on NG+?

Laundry-Day-jizz-everywhere.gif

Not a fan of 10 Second Ninja X, but that maybe just me getting infuriated at the game. It's very hard to get better grades in levels. Did provide me about an hours worth of some okay platforming though.

It's a timed platformer?  Yeah not interested.  I have a hard enough time doing regular platformers let alone trying to do timed stuff.  I was never able to do any of the timed levels in exist archive with its donkey kong barrel blasting like sections.

From what I played you try to take down all the enemies in a level as quickly as possible. It takes a lot of trial and error for better star ratings, and I think at one point I couldn't move on for lacking a certain amount of stars. I quit there.

Steam's having some kind of event, but I guess nobody cares. It's not exactly clear what it is, but I guess you get badge progress for playing games that you already own. I know they recently rolled out a new algorithm that's supposed to be good at guessing the games in your library that you'd like to play, but it seems pretty shitty at guessing so far.

More important news though; Monster Train launched today. Looks like it has a 10% discount for everybody, but I got a 20% discount. Probably because I had it wishlisted or something.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1102190/Monster_Train/

The devs are running a stream for it all day and the co-creator of Slay the Spire is going to be on the stream in a couple hours. It'll be interesting to see what he says about the game since it kinda feels like they ripped a lot off of StS for this game.

I wouldn't say Monster Train ripped off a lot honestly. Monster train has heroes and honestly is kind of more like a tower defense of sorts with how it is. Some things like deck building, artifacts, and energy are similar to StS, but lots of things are different. I mean even you can't attack directly unless using spells and have to wait until you pass the turn and the attacks happen. I also have to mention about the unit limits in size in rooms, since that's unique. It's pretty good from what I played in the beta.

C&C Remaster to ship w/ its source code so modders can mod it to their heart's content:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/command-and-conquer-remastered/mods-source-code

Info:
- C&C Remaster to ship w/ Source Code, so modders can mod it to their heart's content
- C&C Remaster will also come with a Map Editor toolkit too
- C&C RM's Steam version will also support Steam Workshop for mods
- C&C RM's Origin version can have mods manually added via Origin version too.
- LAN support won't ship with the game as COVID-19 got in their way or getting this going
- LAN support is NOT off the table, as they might work on it & add it later.

Hmmm...

Apparently ASF can't idle demos and steam isn't finding any recommendations for the "Trusted [Human] Friend" category for my bot (I assume because I'm it's only friend and I haven't reviewed many games the bot owns) so it's showing 3 demos.

Luckily the max level badge (500xp) only needs six of seven categories completed.

Steam's having some kind of event, but I guess nobody cares. It's not exactly clear what it is, but I guess you get badge progress for playing games that you already own. I know they recently rolled out a new algorithm that's supposed to be good at guessing the games in your library that you'd like to play, but it seems pretty shitty at guessing so far.

More important news though; Monster Train launched today. Looks like it has a 10% discount for everybody, but I got a 20% discount. Probably because I had it wishlisted or something.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1102190/Monster_Train/

The devs are running a stream for it all day and the co-creator of Slay the Spire is going to be on the stream in a couple hours. It'll be interesting to see what he says about the game since it kinda feels like they ripped a lot off of StS for this game.
Its also cheaper on gmg, more so than the 20% unknown reason discount

Spring Cleaning Event where Steam AI suggest you play games. Playing a game from each floor gets you a badge. It's on for a week. Also some sales as usual.

Its also cheaper on gmg, more so than the 20% unknown reason discount
Looks like it's 23% off on GMG for VIPs. Oh well, I already bought it, but I had steam credit, so it's about the same either way. I also found out the 20% discount is for people that own Slay the Spire. Kinda random that they partnered up, but the StS guy that was on the stream last night said he's already at level 20 covenant in Monster Train, so apparently he's pretty obsessed with the game.

I thought it was kinda funny in the stream that the StS guy mentioned ascension levels as one of the things that make StS unique since that's one aspect that Monster Train 100% copied. I know ascension/covenant are basically just difficulty levels, but I really like the way they're implemented in both games.

bread's done
Back