Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'd like to help a few bros out.  And by bros I mean regular posters here.  I picked these up on clearance at Walmart yesterday.  Who needs Trine 4 / complete?  Shoot me a PM.  (and please give feedback; I could sell these). 

Walmart-haul-6-11.jpg

long live the retail distribution of PC games.

EDIT: gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also would just need Trine 4 and I haven't played the rest yet. Need to find someone to co-op them with me. Also Syntax, as I always say when looking at cheap or unfinished or something along the line games it makes you appreciate the better ones. I think of all the ones I've played so far from the itchi.io bundle and the only ones so far I really liked were Knight Tower and reky. Both are well thought out and don't feel like someone's first Unity project. There are some good ones not just the bigger ones. I've been waiting to play Arcade Spirits for a while, so I'll have to check that out sometime.

I actually played a few yesterday but they were demos or so simple I just gave up after playing 5 of those in a row. I didn't even want to make comments, but they barely were even considered games.

I feel like (out of my tiny sample) maybe a third of the games I've tried were fun for at least a little while even if they'd grown thin fairly soon, a third seemed like competent games that just weren't my style and a third just couldn't be seriously recommended to anyone.  Maybe I'm being overgenerous and it's closer to 25/25/50 but I've put a handful of games into a "To Be Played" folder while deleting the others off my drive.

[Edit where I actually count...]

Liked: Keep it Together, Pet the Pup At the Party, Sewer Rave, Clean Attack, Us Lovely Corpses

Respected: Game of Changes, Fossil Hunters, The Red Door, There Will Be Ink, Insufficient Adjectives, Zeph

Nope: Guppy, CityGlitch, Village Monsters, Ecchi Sketch, Water's Fine, Test Tube Titans, Babysitter Bloodbath, Best Garden, Blah-Blah Dating Sim

I left off Color Cannon since I couldn't play it single player to judge.

5/6/9 -- so closer to my 25/25/50 guess.  Still, not bad so far.

The first two Trine games were great, especially the second one.  Trine 3 is kinda meh because they tried to change the entire style of the game, underestimated the cost and time needed and ended up shipping an incomplete game that just sort of ended abruptly.   They went back to the old style for Trine 4 and it was a good game.  Someone jumping into the series could skip three and not miss much.

Until now I've completely avoided every game in the series.. 100% on the superficial basis of how stupid that knight looks.

Trine was a cool game.  It was released in the relative dawn of the indie game surge.  Though the gameplay was nothing special it was carried by its art and music.  Trine 2 expanded nicely on the concept but I don't think I ever actually finished.  By the time 3 rolled out the market was glutted with similar platformers and I believe 3 got a bad reception for being too short.  No big urge to check out 4 until it's put in some kind of bundle.

Out of curiosity, how much are you charging for that complete collection?  Since it's a Steam key I might be interested.

Thanks, gospelman!  Some in stock near me but dunno if I'm motivated enough to drive seven miles to the nearest Walmart.

I may as well talk about the itch.io ones I tried yesterday:

INDECT - A demo of a platformer set in a dystopian future city thing. Just a tutorial and one level. The jumping is floaty and weird, but I liked the setting of the game. Also the shooting works, which is a plus. 4/10

QUACK ATTACK 1985: TURBO DX EDITION - This one sucks. You play as a duck who rams into others stealing their ducklings or something. The controls were awful and the game is epileptic inducing. Also sounded loud. I just didn't enjoy this one screen arena type game. 2/10

VIDEGOAME -A basic go around rooms trying to escape by getting keys. You also get food to survive in a meter that goes down over time. This was very basic and the controls a little slippery. The main thing that got me was one room that had 2 keys which i got across but couldn't get back. The words across the screen where very hard to pass, and I died maybe 6 times in a row. Didn't like this one either. 3/10

Wave To The People - Not sure if I played this before, but it was kind of relaxing. You are in some place moving maybe in a car or train or something and wave at the people as you go by. They then become happy. It was cute at least. 6/10

There was one other but it was just some monster thing giving out inspirational messages. Don't remember the name.

I also noticed HG101 presents Classic Graphic Adventures ebook is in the bundle. I own a physical copy of this one and it's really good for referencing classic graphic adventures. Some good tidbits and interviews in it as well.

I'd like to help a few bros out. And by bros I mean regular posters here. I picked these up on clearance at Walmart yesterday. Who needs Trine 4 / complete? Shoot me a PM. (and please give feedback; I could sell these).

Walmart-haul-6-11.jpg

long live the retail distribution of PC games.

EDIT: gone.
How much was the Candyman blu ray? I'm wondering what they're going to do with the remake since it's supposed to be out soon.

Pictoquest was added to twitch prime today. It's a nonogram rpg. I've really been wanting to get it, but it got a lot of bad reviews. Played a little and I like it so far.

Rumor: AT&T might sell Warner Bros. off, including Rocksteady & NetherRealm:

https://gamerant.com/warner-bros-rocksteady-netherrealm-sale/

Info:

- Rumor: AT&T might sell some Warner Bros. gaming companies off, including Rocksteady & NetherRealm.

- EA, Take-2, and Activision are looking to buy these companies out.

- AT&T could be looking to make around $4 billion from this sale.

- The sale might not necessarily include the rights to Warner Media IP.

- Warner Media IP includes the likes of Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Mortal Kombat, and more.

- The deal could include licensing of these properties also, when the game companies get bought.

- Supposedly, AT&T has about $165 billion in debt & is looking to sell some stuff.

Honk if you got Trine in the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle... over 9 years ago (April 2011)!

Oh, look at that - I actually played and completed the game within a month or so of buying it. What a strange, almost prehistoric time that was.

4cNE57z.png

Honk if you got Trine in the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle... over 9 years ago (April 2011)!

Oh, look at that - I actually played and completed the game within a month or so of buying it. What a strange, almost prehistoric time that was.

4cNE57z.png
This guy actually plays games?

giphy.gif

Tried buying P4G and my steam glitched....

Your transaction cannot be completed because you have another pending transaction on your account.

Not showing in purchase history to cancel either; guess im not meant to buy anything

Persona 4 Golden on Steam
Amazing. Though since I just dropped a ton of hours into P5R last month and also planinum'd P4G last year, I will wait a bit (sale?) before buying. I wonder if it has support for 3440x1440?

Steam tells me, "This game doesn't look like other things you've played in the past. As such we don't have much information on whether or not you might be interested in it."

^This could not be more wrong. :shock:

I always like hearing about kids watching horror movies.

My earliest movie memory was of a horror movie I saw when I was 3-4.

It would be nice to save some money, but am considering picking up Persona 4 Golden to encourage more Atlus releases. Too bad I picked it up in a Vita sale awhile back even though it's just been in my backlog. Thought Persona 5 would be announced instead, but maybe that'll come later if this does well enough.

Last edited:
It would be nice to save some money, but am considering picking up Persona 4 Golden to encourage more Atlus releases. Too bad I picked it up in a Vita sale awhile back even though it's just been in my backlog. Thought Persona 5 would be announced instead, but maybe that'll come later if this does well enough.
P5 coming isn't so much about how these sell on pc. It's about when (if it all) it can break free with the fangs of Sony exclusivity already sunk in.

P4G Deluxe for ~$20 after referral link discount isn't bad though. One of those rare cases where I'd actually want the digital artbook.

1983, I was seven. My parents wanted to go to the movies to see "Easy Money"; I didn't. They obliged me and left me at my grandparents (which was actually just the apartment upstairs), under the care of my nine-years-older cousin. My grandparents had "On TV", the cable 'precursor' and said cousin, decided that she and I should watch a movie. That movie: "Creepshow". Two of the vignettes stick out "The Crate" (the only one I remembered by name) and "They're Creeping Up on You". "The Crate" was standard 'boogeyman' type fare, with something scary lurking in the shadows. Okay, that was bad. But "Creeping" was the one that really got to me. Three years prior, just before my fourth birthday, we had moved into a new building (same one referenced above). Well, the people before us apparently were *really* dirty and the building was infested with roaches. It took several days for us to get Orkin in and, in the meantime, we had to live with roaches. The thing about them scattering when the lights come on is real. They would be everywhere, like it was a roach Disneyland.

Orkin did their thing and over the course of a few weeks, the problem was eliminated, but the memory remained. "Creeping" brought all that back to my immediate mind and I was terrified to be in the house, thinking that, this time, the roaches would win; crawling into my mouth while sleeping and kill me from the inside. I *still* get freaked out about it today, even though we joked about "i Finally got my cake" from 'Father's Day' back in middle school. Just cant shake it....

I just bought P4 from Fanatical.

I don't know why, I just don't do that kind of thing. I wait for a game to go on sale, then when it does say to myself "yeah, but it will be in a Humble Bundle soon" and then don't buy it.

And yet here I am, installing P4...... 

So... yeah. I guess I am unwell or something.

Man, the PC Gaming show was really lackluster; over 50 games shown and not a single thing that really interested me. OTOH, the Guerilla Collective showcase had some cool things and I'm watching the Future Games Show right now and it has some good looking stuff.

It seems like a bunch of the games shown off today either have new demos today or will get a demo/alpha/beta soonish. So far, I grabbed the Cardaclysm and Neon Abyss demos. 

Steam's Summer Game Festival starts Tuesday. I wonder how many new demos will be available that day or how many of the already available demos will be featured that day.

and the title of the film in question was...?

Leave your 7 yo with a 9 yo... lol, terrible parenting, but not dissimilar to my upbringing, considering I was no more than 5 when I was rented Predator, TCM and Nightmare, then left to my own devices while my parent's went to a hurricane party at our next door neighbors. No bad dreams or lost sleep from those or any horror film, for that matter.

I do remember a Simpsons episode that stuck with me where there were a bunch of brain eating Bart zombies, but upon further consideration, I may have come up with that synopsis myself.

Persona 4 Golden is cool and I'm glad it's no longer trapped on the Vita but I already played it for hundreds of hours. Disappointed there was no news on Judgment, Yakuza 6, or Horizon Zero Dawn.

More itch.io impressions. I think I'm going to stick with more popular ones or puzzle games as so many of these are just OK. Maybe platformers too.

I completed one in Cascadio, which was a pretty clever puzzle game. It wasn't too hard imho, but it's a little mathy. I also liked Affinity in this set. Okay puzzle game about putting broken pieces together.

AcidTrip - Garbage. You shoot 2 lines of light and look like something using a blow gun. 2/10
A Whole New World - Pretty polished platformer where you attack different ways fighting bosses at the end of levels to collect crystals. Was somewhat enjoyable for a while but one level had you get maybe like 4 or 5 pieces of a crystal and it was annoying how it was laid out. Also has where there is a good and evil side with the evil side having you upside down and jumping and such. If not for that level I would likely finish the game. 6.5/10
Affinity - Relaxing puzzle game about putting objects back together. Somewhat nice graphics and a relaxing soundtrack. Enjoyable though frustrating with many pieces. 6/10
ARGH-P-G - Very basic dungeon crawling game. You can choose 3 classes and just bump into things until they die or you die. You can also find sword and shield to boost your stats. 3/10
As Long As We're Together - Some visual novel about a magical girl and a magical girl turned evil and you try to make her remember herself. Like no sound and just didn't feel too exciting. Decent enough art for the characters. 4/10
Best Garden - Not a good game. Doesn't exit well, confusing of building and garden and what to do with it. Finnicky controls with the controller and just not fun. 2/10
Borb the Birb - This was the weird thing giving inspirational quotes. Somewhat inspiring/10
Cascadio - A puzzle logic game where you point numbers to other numbers to get the numbers in their corners. You can't point one to multiple numbers. It's alright and gets challenging. Not my favorite puzzle game, but a solid game nonetheless. Bet all 20 levels in an hour. I don't know why this thing collects data though though the option isn't on the wheel, so I think it's not collecting anything. 7.5/10
Crystal Castles XL2 - A platformer where you collect junk and can cast magic. Seems to be inspired by Sonic. It's OK, but just feels antiquated. I got tired of it shortly after playing 10 minutes. Still feels like a decent enough game. 5.5/10
Daft King 2D - Auto crashes for me.
Danger Zone Friends - RPGMaker game about a turtle and beaver I think who need cheese and get stuck in the danger zone. Not terrible, but already tired of it after 3 minutes. 4.5/10
Disobedient Sheep - Co-op game about barking at sheep to make them miss things like dynamite being thrown. Seemed fun, though I have no co-op partner. 2 can even play on 1 controller. 6/10
Distortion Nation - Visual novel about a person who turns into a vampire and then years later is beaten up by their mom and stuff happens. Honestly It was OK enough, but not my usual subject matter at all. 5/10
Dusk Child HD - Not much HD about this. Floaty open worldish 2D platformer with somewhat strange controls and some adventure type puzzles. 4.5/10
Escape From Kabagahara - Text adventure with basic graphics about being lost in a forest and getting chased by a wolf. If you see the wolf it turns real time and you must type quickly to run away. 5/10
Fusion Shift - Very hard to control game where you control a blob, can stop time and take over people to dispose of them. Not a bad idea, but the controls suck so badly I couldn't get past the 1st level. 4/10
Hasi - Incredibly basic game where you play a disembodied finger with a cell phone and move around taking pictures of rabbits. 5/10
Peace of Mind - Very basic run around the house gathering stuff to give to a ghost aka glittering orb in your garage. 2/10
Pixelry - Quite repetitive game where you want to win a royal tournament to marry a princess. I never made it past the initial jousts. Kind of weird to play and just felt grindy, and not in a fun way. Seemed fully baked, but just wasn't my type of game. 5/10
Served By Tipped Chair - I'm assuming controller only local multiplayer game where you dunk food into baskets. I don't have any other controllers or players to play with. Also has very weird feeling controls. 4/10
Terri-Fried - Honestly was a weird flinging egg on platforms going into lava game. The egg didn't fling very far and felt very hard. 4/10
The Secret of Tremendous Corporation - Somewhat basic OK looking adventure game about starting in a company. One puzzle is extremely cryptic, but otherwise it was so-so. 5/10
The Spark of One - A game honoring Martin Luther King Jr. which has a block attract other blocks with a quote in the beginning and you go through 1 area and walk through with those you attract. One more level of this and that's the game. 1 whole minute of gameplay. 1/10
They Came From Uranus - You play as Earth in the middle of a screen shooting limited shots at UFOs. Basic and limited. 4/10
This Call May Be Recorded - Basic game where you try to stop the line in blue blocks to damage someone till they hang up on you. The stopping is delayed so the timing is hard,
and this is just really repetitive. 4/10
Turn Chase - Incredibly basic game where you play a green block fighting off browish blocks to reach an exit. You have some stats and try to make it to the end. You also can take out buildings. Just OK. 5/10
tv guide - Cute experience about watching different TV channels where you interact with them. Over quickly in about 5 minutes. 6/10

Very briefly fired up P4G and it's obviously not a revelation on PC but it looks really good (1440p and 200% scaling). Gameplay is very smooth. I played it back on PS2 and again on Vita but it's been quite a while and good JRPGs are nearly nonexistent these days so I'm really looking forward to playing it again.

Either Maximum Overdrive or Nightmare on Elm Street 2. They're both early movie memories, but not sure what was first. Maximum Overdrive was in a Drive In theater, Elm Street 2 was on VHS. Both would've been around the same year.
Won't deny it's not a guilty pleasure film of mine, but Old Unky Steve should've stuck more closely to his original short story, especially the ending, when adapting for the screen.
WigglyGrotesqueBlackwidowspider-max-1mb.gif

As a child, I probably was slightly more weary of soda dispensers after seeing MO.

I was excited by Weird West the first time it was announced when I thought it would be more like Fallout, but I got less excited by it at the PC show when they were really pushing the idea that it would play just like an immersive sim.

I am glad to see P4G on Steam and I'm tempted to buy it since they priced it so affordably. It didn't feel like it was really part of the PC Gaming show though since it had already been leaked from multiple sources and they even got Greg from his same setup for the Guerilla showcase to announce it. 

and the title of the film in question was...?

Leave your 7 yo with a 9 yo... lol, terrible parenting, but not dissimilar to my upbringing, considering I was no more than 5 when I was rented Predator, TCM and Nightmare, then left to my own devices while my parent's went to a hurricane party at our next door neighbors. No bad dreams or lost sleep from those or any horror film, for that matter.

I do remember a Simpsons episode that stuck with me where there were a bunch of brain eating Bart zombies, but upon further consideration, I may have come up with that synopsis myself.
Just to clarify, my cousin was not nine. She was older than me by nine years (me=7; she=16). And both of my grandparents were there in the apartment, but I think that they had gone to their room by then.

Just to clarify, my cousin was not nine. She was older than me by nine years (me=7; she=16). And both of my grandparents were there in the apartment, but I think that they had gone to their room by then.
Ahhh, gotcha. today my reading and comprehension are mutually exclusive. redacted, kinda

So I just made my parents look bad for nothing. Pfft, wasted solidarity

bread's done
Back