Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Might as well wait for HDMI 2.1 on newer or more expensive TV's (or wait for them to drop this year and get a super cheapo tv)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill throw my hat the tv ring. So a month ago I wanted to replace my old 1080p 40in office tv and do a proper mounting with a nice new 4k one. Since it was also the office tv I didnt see a need to spend an extravagant amount so that threw me into the realm of the upper budget tvs.

I landed on the 55in tcl 6 series, 55r625. I went back and forth between that and the cheaper hisense, from what I could tell the TCL had bit better all around specs but the hisense was ~150$ cheaper. I actually leaned towards the hisense because I prefer android tv and its ability to load whatever you want over the roku interface of only a certain selection of apps all of which may disappear at any time (like the twitch one which is gone).

In the end I went TCL though because the mounting pattern on all the hisense tvs is somewhat non-standard (300x200) and so you need a specific mount that can do odd configurations like that and I already owned a tv mount to use. Plus the picture quality was a bit better on the TCL and figured I could just keep using my firestick4k for android stuffs. Also the input lag being lower on the TCL is a plus since I can use the pc on one of the other inputs.

So far Ive definitely been pleased with it, great picture quality and improved sound (my old panasonic tv had horrible sound). I mostly avoid the interface anyway since I just use a cable box and the firestick4k and that has my needs covered
This is a good choice

I was trying to watch local Wal-Marts for the clearance on TVs but I just don't have the luck to catch them in time or the free time to check on them constantly. Literally every store in my area had multiples of several models/sizes one night, they marked them down like 65% or something crazy and were all gone everywhere the next evening. Oh well.

I wish the smaller TV selection was better. I keep trying to catch a good deal (clearance or otherwise) on something like a high end OLED for the living room but I have no idea what to replace the TV in my bedroom with. It is a 43 inch LG 1080p that I have had for a long time now, it was about $700 when I bought it and I have yet to see a TV in that size range I would replace it with. I really don't have room/need a 55 inch TV in my room but I guess I'll probably end up going that route eventually. On the upside, as long as I don't replace my TV I will not be tempted to buy a PS5 either.
Yeah I love their clearance and clearance shopping in general. My last tv which is an lg model 50 something inch was only 300$ from them which is a steal I still have it but moved it to the family room since the one hdmi slot had started to go and a second one was starting to go as well. Put a crap load of hours into games on that thing. My current tv I got for 280 is a 55 inch philips but I got that from bj's. I'm incredibly thrifty and frugal.

So i just bought burnout paradise and linked my origin account.

It seems to only work in the way of: buy on steam > show on origin.

Not like, linking the two brings your previous origin titles into steam (like GOG has been doing on some games)

Having gone through a bunch of budget TV brands, TCL is at the top of my list, Hisense followed closely behind. Most popular "name brand" TVs, I've been severly disappointed in their budget offering. Sony, Samsung, Vizio...all make decent feature models, but their low end doesn't compete with the budget brands, imo. And just stay away from Westinghouse. They use similar components (case, boards, etc.) to some of the budget brands like Hisense, but whatever they do internally to differentiate themselves, I've just had more issues with them than any other brand. Be it HDMI problems or settings being locked out in the menu where my nearly identical Hisense has full functionality. I'd get an Insignia (which feels uber cheap) over Westinghouse.

I still have a 42" Westinghouse 1080p I bought in... 2008?  That said, the HDMI ports broke within a year and it's just sitting the bedroom as a display for Roku using an HDMI/Composite adapter.  Agreed that it's junk.

Gamestop is that shady Russian in the back alley offering you amazing deals my friend.

He might be telling you the truth, but deep down you know he's only offering you the shit that nobody else would buy, and in awful condition

I am proposing a CAG Steam Thread game time. Would anyone be interested? Could just be in voice chat but I'd much rather be playing a game, even though we all just backlog content.

Perhaps Jackbox Party Pack 4 (In current Humble Fight for Racial Justice bundle)? I know the minimum is $30 dollars but maybe a small group for a test run wouldn't be so bad?

I'm open to other suggestions as all I really wanna' do is be social. I think I've been on this site since 2008 and I've been in and would love to get together with the Steam Thread homies in some way.

I am proposing a CAG Steam Thread game time. Would anyone be interested? Could just be in voice chat but I'd much rather be playing a game, even though we all just backlog content.

Perhaps Jackbox Party Pack 4 (In current Humble Fight for Racial Justice bundle)? I know the minimum is $30 dollars but maybe a small group for a test run wouldn't be so bad?

I'm open to other suggestions as all I really wanna' do is be social. I think I've been on this site since 2008 and I've been in and would love to get together with the Steam Thread homies in some way.
We played Unfortunate Spacemen (F2P) and Barotrauma (Humble Monthly) last night. We do game nights usually ever Tuesday and then join up randomly for other stuff (we have regulars who play a lot of PUBG and Division 2 mostly). Let me know if you want an invite to the Discord.

With jackbox only one person needs the game then just invites everyone else through steam remote play and they play on their phones. With everyone in discord its just like playing locally and a lot of fun.

We played Unfortunate Spacemen (F2P) and Barotrauma (Humble Monthly) last night. We do game nights usually ever Tuesday and then join up randomly for other stuff (we have regulars who play a lot of PUBG and Division 2 mostly). Let me know if you want an invite to the Discord.
Yes please. Figured this may have been happening but definitely not in the loop. I guess I'll PM my deets.

I decided to finally fully embrace GOG. I added every one of the other launcher/digital library that I could get on there. It's great! I have one master list of everything I own, and where I got it. No more forgetting what I have installed because everything shows up on one convenient page. I got those 1000+ Itch games on there, but I can't install them from GOG which sucks.

I decided to finally fully embrace GOG. I added every one of the other launcher/digital library that I could get on there. It's great! I have one master list of everything I own, and where I got it. No more forgetting what I have installed because everything shows up on one convenient page. I got those 1000+ Itch games on there, but I can't install them from GOG which sucks.
Interesting, after adding witcher 3 I thought about putting more accounts on there.

Just finished Black Mesa and really enjoyed it. I was only like 13 when the original came out and I didn’t make it more than around halfway through, so the game was totally new to me for the most part. I have played HL2 and Ep1+2 years ago, but may go back and play through them again while Black Mesa is fresh in my mind.

I would also be interested in joining the game night discord if possible, will send over a pm

Fanatical - Build Your Own RPG Bundle [Steam keys]:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-r-p-g-bundle

Pricing:

• 7 games for $4.99
  • 5 games for $3.99
  • 3 games for $2.99
Some games on this list:

• Vendetta: Raven's Cry
  • Rebel Galaxy
  • Hard West
  • Age of Decadence
  • Numerous different King's Bounty games 
  • Eternity: Last Unicorn
  • UnExplored
  • And more.
If you guys find anything else worth a mention that's in the list, let me know; I'll add it.

Pricing:

• 7 games for $4.99
  • 5 games for $3.99
  • 3 games for $2.99
Some games on this list:

• Rebel Galaxy
  • Hard West
  • Age of Decadence
  • UnExplored
  • And more.
If you guys find anything else worth a mention that's in the list, let me know; I'll add it.
Whenever Hard West is mentioned I have to repeat that it's tremendous! It's XCom in a wild west setting! It's about the only thing I constantly repeat that is actually true! BIGLY!

Pricing:

• 7 games for $4.99
  • 5 games for $3.99
  • 3 games for $2.99
Some games on this list:

• Rebel Galaxy
  • Hard West
  • Age of Decadence
  • UnExplored
  • And more.
I think the game I'm most interested in is Rogue Wizards. I've wanted Hard West for a while, but I have so many srpgs backlogged already I don't know that I'd ever get around to it. Lots of good looking stuff in there that I haven't grabbed even though they've been in other bundles. Not sure if I'd actually get around to playing any of them though.

Whenever Hard West is mentioned I have to repeat that it's tremendous! It's XCom in a wild west setting! It's about the only thing I constantly repeat that is actually true! BIGLY!
You fight aliens in a western setting? I thought you were building a wall to keep the aliens out???

I played two games in my backlog 198x and 20XX.

198x I beat and I raged a lot especially on the 4th level. It took a bit over an hour and a half. This is about a person discovering an arcade sometime in the 80s. You have a story and arcade inspired games to play. The controls never felt super clean especially for stage 4, which I hated. It was also the longest one. The story is honestly pretty just there as well. While I love the pixel art, sometimes it doesn't feel clean and some scenes take forever to get to the point or move on. It's pretty flawed in my opinion, though I do think it provides some fun if you got it in a bundle. I wouldn't buy it otherwise. 5.5/10

20XX is obviously a Mega Man inspired game and in this case it felt like a Mega Man X game. It has procedurally generated levels, which are OK, but get a little samey in a short amount of time. The controls are slightly floaty and a bit imprecise at times, especially with dash jumps, but otherwise is decent. This is a rouge lite game where you play until you die and then use your chips to unlock stuff permanently and also stuff that will appear in the run. Like Mega Man bosses do have a set weakness, but they're all pretty beatable with your normal weapon. I like this one and will keep an eye on the sequel. Well worth playing and I will come back to this one. 7.5/10

I downloaded some of the itch.io bundle for injustice that's not going on anymore, and if people want I'll still give my impressions on the games I try. There is some gold in there that isn't just the bigger games.

I played two games in my backlog 198x and 20XX.

198x I beat and I raged a lot especially on the 4th level. It took a bit over an hour and a half. This is about a person discovering an arcade sometime in the 80s. You have a story and arcade inspired games to play. The controls never felt super clean especially for stage 4, which I hated. It was also the longest one. The story is honestly pretty just there as well. While I love the pixel art, sometimes it doesn't feel clean and some scenes take forever to get to the point or move on. It's pretty flawed in my opinion, though I do think it provides some fun if you got it in a bundle. I wouldn't buy it otherwise. 5.5/10

20XX is obviously a Mega Man inspired game and in this case it felt like a Mega Man X game. It has procedurally generated levels, which are OK, but get a little samey in a short amount of time. The controls are slightly floaty and a bit imprecise at times, especially with dash jumps, but otherwise is decent. This is a rouge lite game where you play until you die and then use your chips to unlock stuff permanently and also stuff that will appear in the run. Like Mega Man bosses do have a set weakness, but they're all pretty beatable with your normal weapon. I like this one and will keep an eye on the sequel. Well worth playing and I will come back to this one. 7.5/10

I downloaded some of the itch.io bundle for injustice that's not going on anymore, and if people want I'll still give my impressions on the games I try. There is some gold in there that isn't just the bigger games.
I thought 20XX was decent, but the rogue-like genre and the Megaman platformer aren't necessarily a good mix. And yes, I would like to read some of your mini-reviews from the itch.io bundle. Thanks.

It does feel a bit generic I agree. The levels are no where near as good as a full featured Mega Man game. I know I'm already getting tired of those invisible/visible blocks (please Mega Man and similar games stop doing these!) and those steam platforms. They seem to go on way too long. The boss fights are alright though.

So I totally Fakey-Bro'd Beyond Blue because I like games like Endless Ocean/2.  Took about 6-7 hrs of play to 100% the game and scanning through the Xbox achievements are the same on Steam.  It was a decent story with decent music.  Maybe not 20 bucks good but I have to spring for game types I enjoy.

THANK YOU AND ABOUT TIME! Do you get the impression that CAG doesn’t like me? Only one person has wished me Happy Father's Day on here! Everyone knows I am the BEST FATHER EVER SEEN! CAG is full of RADICAL LEFTISTS! Terrible for our country! The thousands and thousands of people at my BIGGEST RALLY EVER last night all agreed! You won't hear that on CAG, FAKE NEWS!

I went and played some of the Steam Festival Demos. 1 is likely a must buy and 1 other is very good. The others I'll likely wait for heavier discounts or wont get them.

Impressions:

A Space For the Unbound - Seemed to have an interesting story about a girl writing about a princess and has a magic book that you can dive into people's consciousness. Didn't control that well with generally slow movement and kind of clunky to run and such. Was pretty decent with very good graphics, but felt just a bit unpolished. I think it might have a good story though. 6/10

Dwerve - This one should appeal to TD people except you play a dwarf who builds the traps in real time and takes them down to. This one got hard in the demo. Pretty fun and felt unique. I also liked the graphics. Controls aren't amazing, but they seem to work alright. 6.5/10

Fae Tactics - Had high hopes for this one. The art is excellent to start. It's a turn based RPG strategy game. I didn't feel it controlled extremely well. It also felt a little amateur on the UI. I wasn't in love with it like I thought I would be. It still seems like it will be decent. 6/10

Fight in Tight Spaces - This one is cool as heck. You have a deck to build around which control your attacks in movements in areas that aren't too big. You get extra damage for hitting people into the environment and each other. It's pretty fun, though the UI especially for keeping track of money is not as clean. This is very likely a buy, though I could see the fighting system getting old after a bit. Still was fun and stylish. 7.5/10

Floppy Knights - For a turn based RPG strategy game I preferred this to Fae Tactics. It confused me a bit sometimes for movement, but it seemed pretty solid. I think one complaint I have is the battles themselves felt slow. It's trying to combine deck build and strategy. Not bad and has great art, but I wasn't crazy about it. 6.5/10

Hellbound - Old school hard as heck FPS shooter. Has very decent graphics and a high diffculty for me. I couldn't beat the first level and gave up after 5 tries. I had some fun with this and the shooting seemed competenet. It also felt a little generic at times, like a Painkiller. I still had some fun with this. 6.5/10

Neon Abyss - This one I honestly just didn't like. It felt extremely generic and was a rouge lite 2D platformer shooter which didn't seem to control amazing well. It just felt boring and not very clean. 5.5/10

Outrider Miko - One of the demos I completed. This one has an interesting mechanic where it's a gathering like Minecraft Action RPG where you can jump on foes and slime them to stop them so you can beat them down. It's decent and controls well. It did feel a little generic at times. It had really decent graphics. Just didn't quite feel amazing to me. Still really solid. 6.5/10

Popup Dungeon - This is a dungeon maker papercraft thing. I wasn't feeling it. I'm usually not super creative anyway, but I just didn't like the graphics that much, and just was kind of bored of the fighting system after a fight. It felt OK, but a little bit below average. 5.5/10

Rhythm Doctor - The graphics in this one were good. The game is a rhythm game where you have to push the space bar on every 7th beat to help the patient. It had an OK idea, but I was just very bored playing this. It just didn't capture me at all. Graphics also were pixelly but not super nice. 5.5/10

Ring of Pain - Really didn't like this one. It has you choosing 2 cards which can be equipment, enemies, potions, spells or enemies. If it's an enemy stats are compared and you fight. You try to make it to the next area by reaching a walkway. The graphics were OK and unique, but I didn't like the gameplay at all. I sucked at it pretty hard, and it felt random and just not fun. Just felt almost too deterministic sometimes and not enough at others. Really easy to die quickly. 5/10

Spiritfarer - I love this one so much. I don't really know what to expect from the full game, but this a gem. It feels relaxing and things go by at their own slower pace. You are a person on this houseboat thing with other people and you do some tasks for them while sailing around, fishing, cooking and just keeping up tabs with people. This one is drop dead gorgeous and had a great soundtrack. It controlled so well too being a 2D platformer at heart. I felt so calm playing this and honestly didn't want to stop. It's hard to explain the draw of this one, but it just felt nice. I don't know how deep mechanics are in the game, but I liked it. 8.5/10

The Dreamcatchers - Walking sim about a person who lost their job and you walk through dreams. It was too deep 4 me and I was already getting bored. It had nice scenery and decent graphics, but I would only play this from a bundle. 5/10

Spiritfarer is my must buy of the bunch and Fight in Tight Places was original and fun, so likely a buy on release as well. The rest likely bundle or never play.

Bundle leftovers, grab them before the bots do!

[SIZE=16pt]Company of Heroes 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]754K0-KB830-34FJ9[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Hyper Light Drifter[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]46MTH-J0P7G-0X244[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Titan Quest Anniversary Edition[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]648T6-RXIZK-WQE56[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]7VT4N-6ZACQ-ZNTWF[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]BioShock™ Remastered[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]6L98M-KZMGZ-JQKP6[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Endless Space® - Collection[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]7YQNH-6VB3E-NPQ52[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]>observer_[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]6EJY3-KFLM4-MMWIN[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Spelunky[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]CLAIMED[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Kerbal Space Program[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]LURKED[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Jackbox Party Pack 4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]9IELF-G8KZ6-IEG57[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]This War of Mine[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Super Time Force Ultra[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]7K8FN-722N9-6P75K[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Surviving Mars[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]7MR84-HIIN4-T4WDG[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Armello[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Age of Wonders III[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Kingdom Classic[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Gonner[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]7FGZ2-0M3K2-7T8Z8[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]System Shock: Enhanced Edition[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]7X3E8-MXQ2D-78AQL[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]System Shock 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]7RVR3-LDATX-B0MYY[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]No Time to Explain Remastered[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]MirrorMoon EP[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]In Between[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Regular Human Basketball[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Planet of the Eyes[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]7K9XN-9M48M-6EY6K[/SIZE]

THANK YOU AND ABOUT TIME! Do you get the impression that CAG doesn’t like me? Only one person has wished me Happy Father's Day on here! Everyone knows I am the BEST FATHER EVER SEEN! CAG is full of RADICAL LEFTISTS! Terrible for our country! The thousands and thousands of people at my BIGGEST RALLY EVER last night all agreed! You won't hear that on CAG, FAKE NEWS!
So you said to your people, slow the posting down please

bread's done
Back