Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Bunch of EA games added Steam cards apparently.  I turn on the idler every once in a while just to see if there is anything and suddenly Dragon Age, Spore, Mirror's Edge and the Dead Space games had cards.  There were a few other games too I am too lazy to go look again.

More free games!

Aarklash Legacy - +E44P-FY58N-CD*C8

Of Orcs and Men - *RX4G-I5VVL-GZZNC

Styx: Master of Shadows - *VC9L-CPW7P-IPP5R

Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter - +4RT+-Q5487-MCPE8

* = 0x0

+ = R?D? (droid)

I’d still get steam and gog. As drm goes they are ok.
that mean you're gonna just pirate everything, right?

i stan
The plan is to only play games that I own that I can direct download in an attempt to force myself to play games that I never installed or booted up.

In addition to that huge $5 itch.io bundle that I bought last week, I already own a lot of direct downloads from GOG, Humble, itch.io, and Indiegala. Many of these games are well-reviewed (Alan Wake, Hollow Knight, Outlast, Saints Row 2, Saints Row The Third, Ticket to Ride, just to name a few), and I've never even tried them out. I also own a lot of direct download comfort-food games (Death Road to Canada, Neon Chrome, Quest of Dungeons, Spelunky, Super Puzzle Platformer, Tallowmere, Tangledeep, among others).

I think that limiting myself to only playing those games will be like a meta-game in and of itself.

Xbox Game Pass - Consoles and PC.

Newest list of stuff being added to Game Pass and leaving Game Pass:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/06/24/coming-soon-xbox-game-pass-june-wave-2-2020/

Being added to Game Pass:

• Observation - June 25th (PC and Console)
  • The Messenger - June 25th (Console)
  • Streets of Rogue - June 25th (Console)
  • Night Call - June 24th (Console)

Leaving June 30:

• Battlefleet Gothic: Armada (PC)
  • Die for Valhalla! (PC)
  • Life is Strange 2 (Console)
  • Metal Slug X (Console & PC)
  • Metro Exodus (Console & PC)
  • Neon Chrome (Console & PC)
  • Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (Console & PC)
  • SteamWorld Dig 2 (Console & PC)
  • The Flame in the Flood (Console & PC)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone convince me not to get Children of Morta at $10.56?

And subscription services aren't sufficient, I never subscribe to anything.

They have changed how a lot of stuff works in the sales along with a lot of code changes so glitches become more and more unlikely every sale.  I know at least some glitches in the past were from something causing discounts to apply more than once.

I just bought Children of Morta so either congrats on not buying something that is now going to be bundled almost immediately after the Summer Sale or welcome to Club Dumbass if you did buy it.

I don't even want anything right now

Time to head on over to Steam and hit F5 every .00063 seconds.

If you play with 2 people, it's more fun. Otherwise, the melee characters are extra hard to use.

Edit: It's doable, but you have to kite more, which makes each run much longer.

Alright, so now you can use your collection of points to buy emoticons and backgrounds for games you own. You no longer have to buy them on the market or earn them from crafting a badge. Backgrounds for 500 points, emoticons for 100. Can't be sold on the market if you earn them from points. Not bad if you want an expensive background that usually runs for a few dollars on the market.

Yeah I have some backgrounds/emoticons that I like but kept thinking about selling because they went for stupid amounts.  Not anymore.  lol

Yeah, just sold a Firewatch background for $2. Gonna put that towards actually buying Firewatch for $3 out of pocket and use the points from the purchase to get the same background.

ONLY 1 CARD FROM DISCOVERY QUEUE?!?!

Ue4REC9.gif

EDIT:

And it doesn't even show up...

WORST STEAM SALE EVER!

These sales have become pointless now as they offer the exact same discounts you see for Midweek/Weekend deals.  Some even appear to be worse.  Only 25% off Deep Rock Galactic and 30% off Kingdoms and Castles when I could swear those games have had better deals before.

Might grab the new/repackaged GTA 4 if it doesn't have SecuRom/Denuvo.  Doubt that will ever be in a bundle.

I've been in the mood for a skateboarding game since Skate 4 was announced. Session was $9.99 back in December, now it's $14.99. You love to see it.

What makes you so optimistic?
Doom 64 for $1.49. That's a buy.
THIS!

Always the possibility of a glitch or price mistake!
And THAT!

EDIT:

Also, the other thing is: you never know what you're going to find for "Hidden Gem" deals. I always check Reddit's thread on these at each sale, as...I often find some sort of "hidden gem" or "cult classic" that (for some reason I'm missing) for dirt-cheap and wind-up w/ it thanks from the Steam Sale.

Usually, though - big franchise titles and stuff of that sort; those are a bust in Big Steam Sales like these. Often, GMG, Gamersgate, Fanatical, HB, and other places...I'll do better, for stuff of that sort.

after today's Cyber Punk showcase/reveal/whatever even complaining about (forget buying altogether) shitily discounted games I'll almost certainly never play feels more hollow than usual. fuck ing november delay. If I die from covid before I get to play CP2077, I'm haunting CDPRed

and all of you, just out of spite.

government needs to give another stimulus check so i can feel ok about buying some games for not super cheap because right now the only things im looking at are doom 64 and macbat 64

Yeah I have some backgrounds/emoticons that I like but kept thinking about selling because they went for stupid amounts. Not anymore. lol
Just taken a quick look at my $0.30+ backgrounds and they've lost almost all value since December (was ~$20, now ~$5), and about $4 of that has been in the last 12 hours.

I also wonder how that the change will affect developers and publishers. Will they even receive compensation for backgrounds/emoticons sold via the point store? I doubt it, but even if they did, it would surely be a lot less than the market revenue for some of those high-valued items.

after today's Cyber Punk showcase/reveal/whatever even complaining about (forget buying altogether) shitily discounted games I'll almost certainly never play feels more hollow than usual. fuck ing november delay. If I die from covid before I get to play CP2077, I'm haunting CDPRed

Cyberpunk 2077 looked amazing.

I loved the whole Braindance thing - reminds me of Batman Arkham's detective mode, Witcher 3's sense mode, and also Remember Me's rewind/analyze/manipulate recordings to find the right pieces to the puzzle thing.

Also,them having a post-apoc' area like the Badlands - which looks right out of the playbook of Mad Max game, RAGE 1, and RAGE 2 - yeah, that was epic. I'd expect something like that in an add-on/expansion for such a much different area type; not as another area in the base-game!

Just the amount of scale & scope this game looks to have - it looks astonishing, having a Deus Ex-like immersive-sim/RPG here on the scale of a GTA and Mad Max.

Cyberpunk 2077 looks like GTA meets Deus Ex meets Mad Max...and then some. And I'm even more stoked for this game, than I already was.

Bring it on, I'm into ghost romance. I'll make it weird, bitch.

If you do pass, we'll petition the devs to name something in the game after you. Maybe one of the pubic hair styles.

AER Memories of Old and Stranger Things 3: The Game are currently free to all FREE LOADING COMMUNISTS on the EPIC STORE! Next weeks freebies are Conan Exiles and Hue. Tremendous! EPIC STORE > STEAM SALE! Everyone says so!
We've had a few times, when what is slated for next week...gets pulled for some reason.

Still waiting on the free Escapists 2 from Epic, which got pushed back - https://www.pcgamer.com/the-escapists-2-pathway-free-on-epic-games-store-from-today/

Hopefully, Conan Exiles and Hue stays on track for next week as free.

bread's done
Back