Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Does the $5 off $30 discount work on gift purchases? If it does, couldn't somebody make a purchase from an alt account (gifting it to their main account) as a way to get the discount more than once?

I ask this simply out of curiosity. I'm not sure I'll be able to find enough stuff to qualify for one discount, let alone be in a position where I'd need to game the system to get a second discount.

Does the $5 off $30 discount work on gift purchases? If it does, couldn't somebody make a purchase from an alt account (gifting it to their main account) as a way to get the discount more than once?

I ask this simply out of curiosity. I'm not sure I'll be able to find enough stuff to qualify for one discount, let alone be in a position where I'd need to game the system to get a second discount.
Nope.

Trying it or reading the recent thread would lead you to the same answer. It does not.
Thanks for the reply.

This is why I would make a terrible master criminal. I think of these schemes days after everyone else has already discovered that it won't work. Additionally, I am now deeply shamed to have my lack of laser-like focus on the daily goings on in this thread revealed to everyone. :(

%*#abled toaster.
giphy.gif

Here's my potential buy list (24 items, total to $36.14, so qualifies for coupon). Some are bundled before but I didn't get them, but they all have positive reviews and are generally cheap. Figured I'd post early in case people want to look into them as potential buys. I'm waiting until the new humble reveals to pull the trigger:

[snip]
I would actually love to see what a lot of the CAG'ers here who are trying to go over $30 come up w/ for potential hauls and/or finalized hauls. I'm definitely looking to hit as many Historical Lows and/or Non-Bundled Games as I can that I am interested in, here to hit $30.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a handful of games with a couple "wants" not being very cheap but treated myself anyway.  Suck it, CAG die-hards.  Couple early impressions:

Space Rocks: Audiosurf style "Play your music" game except, instead of collecting blocks, you just avoid the asteroids coming at your ship as you travel down the path.  Not the worst game I've played but the asteroids barely seemed tuned to the music; they came faster if the tempo was faster but nothing to match a beat or rhythm.  The path is just a flat forward march to the end of the song.  No reason to recommend this at $1.49 when the superior Riff Racer is the same price, Audiosurf is a buck more and Audiosurf 2 is two bucks more.

Beat Hazard 2: Beat Hazard is over ten years old at this point so I assume you're all familiar but, if not, this is a twin-stick shooter also under the "play your music" genre.  It doesn't really give a strong sense of playing your music though it has its moments.  That said, it was a fun game in its own right, full of colorful and chaotic twin-stick shooter action and offering lots of new ships to unlock, perks, power-ups and more.  Despite the music thing, I wound up playing for over an hour and will be firing it up again.  Out of your hobo budgets at $12.49 (cheaper as a completed bundle if you own the original game/DLC) but worth keeping an eye out for when you can afford it.

Praey for the Gods: Unfortunately named indie game from people who got trademark attacked by Bethesda because someone was going to mistake Prey the space game for this Shadow of the Colossus style game set in a Norse looking wilderness.  Steam reviews also compare it to Breath of the Wild and it had a Hellblade vibe with the setting so something for everyone (unless you want to fight alien mimics on a space station).  Played for a while and had fun -- wandered around, got some weapons, broke some weapons, fought a giant dude, did some crafting, read some lore, paraglided off a cliff, etc.  Still Early Access but felt pretty polished and the devs have a development schedule posted.  A hefty $20 even on sale (only 35% off) but I don't begrudge the devs and suggest wishlisting it for the future if you like that sort of game.

I bought a handful of games with a couple "wants" not being very cheap but treated myself anyway. Suck it, CAG die-hards. Couple early impressions:

Space Rocks: Audiosurf style "Play your music" game except, instead of collecting blocks, you just avoid the asteroids coming at your ship as you travel down the path. Not the worst game I've played but the asteroids barely seemed tuned to the music; they came faster if the tempo was faster but nothing to match a beat or rhythm. The path is just a flat forward march to the end of the song. No reason to recommend this at $1.49 when the superior Riff Racer is the same price, Audiosurf is a buck more and Audiosurf 2 is two bucks more.

Beat Hazard 2: Beat Hazard is over ten years old at this point so I assume you're all familiar but, if not, this is a twin-stick shooter also under the "play your music" genre. It doesn't really give a strong sense of playing your music though it has its moments. That said, it was a fun game in its own right, full of colorful and chaotic twin-stick shooter action and offering lots of new ships to unlock, perks, power-ups and more. Despite the music thing, I wound up playing for over an hour and will be firing it up again. Out of your hobo budgets at $12.49 (cheaper as a completed bundle if you own the original game/DLC) but worth keeping an eye out for when you can afford it.

Praey for the Gods: Unfortunately named indie game from people who got trademark attacked by Bethesda because someone was going to mistake Prey the space game for this Shadow of the Colossus style game set in a Norse looking wilderness. Steam reviews also compare it to Breath of the Wild and it had a Hellblade vibe with the setting so something for everyone (unless you want to fight alien mimics on a space station). Played for a while and had fun -- wandered around, got some weapons, broke some weapons, fought a giant dude, did some crafting, read some lore, paraglided off a cliff, etc. Still Early Access but felt pretty polished and the devs have a development schedule posted. A hefty $20 even on sale (only 35% off) but I don't begrudge the devs and suggest wishlisting it for the future if you like that sort of game.
This is like when I was a kid and my parents would give each kid a dollar to buy anything they want. Syntax used it to buy 3 brand name candy bars, while I return with a hodgepodge of random .05 candies with weird names.

This is like when I was a kid and my parents would give each kid a dollar to buy anything they want. Syntax used it to buy 3 brand name candy bars, while I return with a hodgepodge of random .05 candies with weird names.
Man, I miss when there actually were candy stores that would have random hodgepodges of penny candies with weird names.

Also, when you could actually get three name brand candy bars for $1.

Might buy a few games that are typically above the price i'd buy because the sale is so bad. Really want sekiro but it's still 40 bucks after a year. Maybe the resi 7 gold bundle or divinity original sin 2. Just a poopy sale per usual

Been more diligent about logging into Alienware Arena.  I just hit level 15 and got another $30 in Dell rewards.  Who the hell comes up with their puzzles?

WWE 2K20 is 85% off:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1015500/WWE_2K20/

It's supposed to be pretty bad, but i don't have any wrestling game on Steam and the price is very good here in Brazil (~3.5 USD)

NBA also with the same price.

Gravel 80% off:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/558260/Gravel/

FATE 75% off: (long time without a discount)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/246840/FATE/

It
I have said before that the flood of games on Steam makes it impossible to keep up with what comes out... this is a good example. I had never heard of Gravel before. Looks interesting, I might actually pick it up.

I've heard that one (or more) of the later games has all the content of the previous ones. Anyone have any insight into this?
I think that FATE: The Traitor Soul is the second expansion and has the content from FATE and FATE: Undiscovered Realms.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/303680/discussions/0/1700541698681715309/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/303680/discussions/0/1696045708638331803/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/303680/discussions/0/1700541698681715309/

FATE: The Cursed King appears to be a sequel.

Hi everyone,

I don't go to Steam as much as I used to since my computer bit the dust about a year ago. Even then I don't think I was visiting the store all that often. 

I've been browsing the sale and realized that Enhanced Steam doesn't seem to be present when I browse the Steam store (or even present in my Chrome extensions any longer). Was it removed from the Chrome browser?

The links to Enhanced Steam on page 1 of this forum seem to be dead. There is an extension called Augmented Steam available in the Chrome Web Store that says "Please note this is not the original 'Enhanced Steam' extension, but a spiritual continuation of the project." Would you recommend this extension?

Apologies for the n00b/repeat questions.  :oops:

Thanks! Debating if I want to play a throwback or just go through Torchlight 2 again.

WWE 2K20 is 85% off:

It's supposed to be pretty bad, but i don't have any wrestling game on Steam and the price is very good here in Brazil (~3.5 USD)

It's not much different from the many previous ones since 2K15, if you played any of those - just more features, moves, newer roster, more match types, more options, etc etc.

It's a lot more sim-y than other WWE 2K games before 2K15. Not as fast-paced and not as arcade-y, when in a match. Though, I'm fine w/ that - as it re-creates WWE TV's look, feel, and whatnot...really well, IMHO.

It's just...this one seems to have more bugs & technical problems than previous games. 2K19 and before certainly weren't perfect, but this one's got even more issues. It would probably be the best one, if it didn't have some of the technical problems.

I literally had a multi-person match, in which Liv Morgan got knocked down & stuck on the ground for the rest of an entire match. She could not & would not get up, no matter what I did.

I've had the ropes bug-out themselves physics-wise, go out of place and it looked like it was gonna stay there, on the ground in the ring - but they eventually did snap back into place.

What you're going to have to worry about is: will I hit another bug, crash, or issue...or not?

Been looking into some co-op games to get even though I haven't finished the ones I got during the christmas sale. 

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - looks fun and is currently at its historic low price (may have been bundled before not sure).

Remnant: From the Ashes - been interested in this one for awhile and its price has stayed pretty firm so I might just give in.

We Were Here Together - have a friend that has been wanting to get this one for awhile.  The series so far has been pretty fun and I believe the first game is free if anyone is curious and wants to see what they are like.

Deep Rock Galactic - also had my eye on this one for awhile but will probably hold off until at least the christmas sale.  Its only 25% off and the group of people I play with has had a hard time getting together recently since we've each been sporadically busy and this seems like something you would want a group of 4 to play it with.  We're still working on the latest rundown in GTFO which at our current rate will probably take us awhile.

Remnant: From the Ashes - been interested in this one for awhile and its price has stayed pretty firm so I might just give in.
Its a really fun game with lots of atmosphere. I didn't spend that much time with it as I was only playing it while waiting for something else to come out.

WWE 2K20 is 85% off:

The developer changed and its rebuilt from the ground up... The only reason they released it this year is become the WWE demands such things. I would be tempted by the previous version, which again, aren't great but they do run better.

I would actually love to see what a lot of the CAG'ers here who are trying to go over $30 come up w/ for potential hauls and/or finalized hauls. I'm definitely looking to hit as many Historical Lows and/or Non-Bundled Games as I can that I am interested in, here to hit $30.
Master Chief Collection $32

/tada

I recently finished card game of sorts DungeonTop. Honestly I had my fun with the game, but I know it's flawed, and I doubt I'll play it again. You pretty much have a hero unit that is either a warrior/mage/rouge. This unit can be equipped with 2 artifacts and a weapon. You have a deck of units that are placed on this grid. There is a main enemy unit that when defeated ends the battle. Each unit has a move, # of attacks and usually a special ability. It's fun for a bit, but the flaws show after a while. The main issue is your character itself is very, very strong. I actually had a rogue that could attack a few times at a distance doing good damage. I steamrolled enemies after a while. Your own units may be upgraded to get better abilities and stats. You also have some spells in your deck that do various things. I do feel your units/spells are important, but it all comes down to how much you can abuse your hero's specialty. The actual presentation isn't amazing either. This does use some fantasy assets from one of those packs (same one as Monster Slayer), but the main thing is everything looks simple and there isn't any voice overs for the story, so when they show those it's just silence. While the gameplay is original, it seems a bit samey every battle. It's not a bad game overall, but I'm not sure it has the longevity of a bunch of different card games. Also the unlock system is near horrible. You trade treasures to earn gold to unlock a bunch of cards in a large list. It would have been better to just unlock stuff naturally over time. Overall I give it about a 6.5/10. Fun but flawed.

Master Chief Collection $32
/tada
This is in Xbox PC Game Pass, which I pay for monthly still.

Already played Halo: Reach MCC in the Pass; and played Halo: CE (Old version) years ago.

So, there's 2 games down of the club.

So, yeah - not cheap enough to own to suit me...yet.

Fanatical - 48 Hour Star Deal:

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Bundle - Steam keys = 80% off @ $6.39

This bundle contains:

• Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
    (NWN: EE version with NWN: Diamond content & Kingmaker Package).
  • Neverwinter Nights: Infinite Dungeons DLC.
  • Neverwinter Nights: Heroes of Neverwinter DLC.
  • Neverwinter Nights: Wyvern Crown of Cormyr DLC.
  • Neverwinter Nights: Pirates of the Sword Coast DLC.

Been more diligent about logging into Alienware Arena. I just hit level 15 and got another $30 in Dell rewards. Who the hell comes up with their puzzles?
Maybe I'll switch to that as my daily chore now that Chrono is dead.

Been looking into some co-op games to get even though I haven't finished the ones I got during the christmas sale.

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - looks fun and is currently at its historic low price (may have been bundled before not sure).

We Were Here Together - have a friend that has been wanting to get this one for awhile. The series so far has been pretty fun and I believe the first game is free if anyone is curious and wants to see what they are like.

Deep Rock Galactic - also had my eye on this one for awhile but will probably hold off until at least the christmas sale. Its only 25% off and the group of people I play with has had a hard time getting together recently since we've each been sporadically busy and this seems like something you would want a group of 4 to play it with. We're still working on the latest rundown in GTFO which at our current rate will probably take us awhile.
Bronight impression:

Keep talking - fun game. 1 person is trying to disarm the bomb and describing what they see, other people have to take that info and find how to disarm the bomb using the manual. Satisfying when you're on the same page. Frustrating when the timer goes off and you're yelling at each other trying to figure out what went wrong. Good game. Was bundled before.

We Were Here Too - fun game where each person is in a different part of the castle trying to collaborate to escape. Was in a Monthly. Highly recommended co-op game. The free one gives you a good idea of what it's like.

Random wishlist recommendation:

In Sound Mind:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1119980/In_Sound_Mind/

Just played this demo (still available to DL) and was blown away. An hour in and still haven't finished the demo. Game doesn't come out until next year, but definitely wishlisted and probably will pre-order. One of the best survival horror games I've tried with great graphics, story, game mechanics, jump scares, etc. If you like horror games you owe it to yourself to play the demo.

Looking at my Steam Wishlist, not enough good discounts. I'm interested in Yakuza Kiwami 2, but knowing that the past two titles were in Humble Monthly bundles means it's likely that it will be in a Choice bundle soon. On standby to see if the upcoming bundle next Friday has anything of interest.

The discounts are, in almost all cases, the same as the midweek/weekend discounts we see all year round.  It's just now they are all available at once.  I shrug them off knowing if I ever change my mind that discount will roll around again in the next couple of months and certainly in December during the Winter Sale.  There is zero sense of "wow, what a great deal, I need to grab that now" like there used to be... I can't even say years ago because it's been more than that.  I feel like we're closing in on being a decade removed from the really great Steam sales.

The discounts are, in almost all cases, the same as the midweek/weekend discounts we see all year round. It's just now they are all available at once. I shrug them off knowing if I ever change my mind that discount will roll around again in the next couple of months and certainly in December during the Winter Sale. There is zero sense of "wow, what a great deal, I need to grab that now" like there used to be... I can't even say years ago because it's been more than that. I feel like we're closing in on being a decade removed from the really great Steam sales.
When I worked retail in a big box store, it was surprising how many people just assumed Black Friday meant best sale price ever. We'd sell out of the expensive Christmas trees on Black Friday despite them all being cheaper a few weeks earlier.

Looking at my Steam Wishlist, not enough good discounts. I'm interested in Yakuza Kiwami 2, but knowing that the past two titles were in Humble Monthly bundles means it's likely that it will be in a Choice bundle soon. On standby to see if the upcoming bundle next Friday has anything of interest.
Just a heads up that Kiwami 2 will be heading to GamePass soon, probably within the next month or two. Although for me at least, that's a game that I'd rather just have on Steam.

Hi everyone,

I don't go to Steam as much as I used to since my computer bit the dust about a year ago. Even then I don't think I was visiting the store all that often.

I've been browsing the sale and realized that Enhanced Steam doesn't seem to be present when I browse the Steam store (or even present in my Chrome extensions any longer). Was it removed from the Chrome browser?

The links to Enhanced Steam on page 1 of this forum seem to be dead. There is an extension called Augmented Steam available in the Chrome Web Store that says "Please note this is not the original 'Enhanced Steam' extension, but a spiritual continuation of the project." Would you recommend this extension?

Apologies for the n00b/repeat questions. :oops:
I believe the guy that was doing enhanced steam got hired by Valve or something like that then he released the code so people could carry it on under a different name. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the story went something like that.

Just a heads up that Kiwami 2 will be heading to GamePass soon, probably within the next month or two. Although for me at least, that's a game that I'd rather just have on Steam.
Indeed. From what I understand, GamePass versions can have some limitations compared to versions on other platforms, including Steam. I would definitely prefer something like this on Steam. If the past titles are anything to go by, it will appear in Humble Choice by the end of the year.

The correlation between GamePass, Humble Monthly/Choice, and Epic Games Store freebie is pretty strong.

Been more diligent about logging into Alienware Arena. I just hit level 15 and got another $30 in Dell rewards. Who the hell comes up with their puzzles?
I haven’t been on there lately but last year I was able to get Zelda Link’s Awakening on the Switch free by checking into there for daily for a couple of months. Still haven’t played it though.

I believe the guy that was doing enhanced steam got hired by Valve or something like that then he released the code so people could carry it on under a different name. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the story went something like that.
I thought he was invited to Valve but didn't get hired?

Played 2 games from my Steam backlog.

Atomic 79 - I honestly disliked this game. It has very positive ratings and I don't understand why. The controls are floaty especially the movement. You go around while this little bulb thing mines gold while you take out skeletons and other enemies with your weapons. You can deliver gold and if you hoard more you get more store. I kept dying very quickly. It felt super basic, but not fun. The music was kind of loud and annoying. The voxel graphics were clean. I didn't find the collect gold and die and unlock stuff loop fun. 5.5/10

Chrome - Old FPS from Techland. Pretty much failed a few times at the first mission, as I kept getting taken out by a sniper. Movement felt very floaty. Shooting was pretty decent. Inventory system feels clunky. Graphics were likely kind of just OK at the time. The models for the faces are not very nice. Honestly felt a bit rough, but could be fun. I wanted to at least finish the first mission. 6/10

The Chrono.gg coin shop shuts down today.

Don't forget to transfer and convert your leftover Chrono coins to Steam points.

Chrome - Old FPS from Techland. Pretty much failed a few times at the first mission, as I kept getting taken out by a sniper. Movement felt very floaty. Shooting was pretty decent. Inventory system feels clunky. Graphics were likely kind of just OK at the time. The models for the faces are not very nice. Honestly felt a bit rough, but could be fun. I wanted to at least finish the first mission. 6/10
There some mods to add the Gold Edition maps (from Euro-version) and an HD Mod (Visual Fidelity Mod) to improve some of the graphics stuff.

PC Gaming Wiki:

Chrome (base) - https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Chrome

Chrome: SpecForce (expansion) - https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Chrome_SpecForce

Steam Guides:

Add Chrome: Gold Edition maps to the game - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1570388739

Chrome/Chrome: Specforce Visual Fidelity Mod - https://steamcommunity.com/app/46420/discussions/0/1333474229073295162/

Fanatical - 48 Hour Star Deal.

Assetto Corsa: Ultimate Edition -> Steam key = $8.77

• Includes Assetto Corsa (base-game)
  • And a lot of DLC (list below, in quotes):

DLC GALORE
The racing never stops with a whole new level of DLC content, including Dream Pack 1-2-3, Tripl3Pack, Porsche Pack 1-2-3, Red Pack, Ready To Race, Japanese Pack and Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLCs).

bread's done
Back