Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
If Vampire: Bloodlines 1 was on Microsoft Store - yeah, it would never work, without modding allowed, game comes attached w/ Wesp's patch, or brand new official fixes from Activision. It just doesn't work out-the-box on W10. Unless it came attached w/ Wesp's unofficial patch; Activision went in and officially fixed it themselves; or whatever the case - good luck getting it going on W8 and W10.

Also, I'm on Game Pass playing Wasteland 3. Some 20 hours in or so. Hopefully, I get this game done soon...before Oct. 8th (next billing cycle). If not, well - hopefully, when I likely buy the game, saves from Xbox for PC Game Pass work on other versions of the game (Steam, GOG, etc). Or, or course, when I do re-sub, I'll just finish it up then.
I don’t disagree with you at all, that’s why Steam and now Epic to an extent will always be my mains. Xbox is only getting attention as long as I have Game Pass, but it’s the Origin, UbiWhateveritscalled, Bethesda Launcher, GOG, Rockstar Launcher, etc that annoy me because it’s another damn program clogging up my system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Untitled Goose Game I don't believe ever was free on EGS so far. Otherwise we'd have many more happy CAGs who claim it and never play it.
This is correct so FinderKeeper hasn't missed it. That would be a great freebie, but the game is so popular I doubt we'll see it in the near future.

Some quick reviews for cheap games I finished yesterday:

Bioszard Corporation - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1037690/BIOSZARD_Corporation/ - .51 all time low - bundled once:

This game looks sort of crude at first glance because it's hand drawn, but it's zombies so you know I had to try it. Top down shooter. You have to go up three floors, complete three missions on each floor, then deal with the boss. In between the floors is an elevator level which was usually the hardest because you're stuck in a square room dealing with waves of enemies. Relatively short game, Steam says I have 3.1 hours total. Sort of your typical top down shooter. You kill enemies, they drop guns or items, you pick them up and move on. Enemy variety could be better. I'd also prefer power ups among the items drop. It's only guns, ammo, health, stamina. Gun variety could be better. Still, I enjoyed the challenge of finishing it once. You can finish it with different characters, but I don't plan to.

Guns, Gore, Cannoli - https://store.steampowered.com/app/322210/Guns_Gore__Cannoli/ - $1 all time low - bundled thrice:

Honestly, alot of the same things I said about Bioszard could be said about this one, except this is a 2D platforming shooter and the art and story is way better in this one. It's cheesy b-movie stuff, but again, zombies. This one only took me 4.3 hours according to Steam. You play a mobster hitman on a mission who uncovers the truth behind a zombie outbreak on the way. It's got some big boss fights which were pretty difficult for me. It didn't help that the controls were glitched out. I couldn't remap them and I had to use the actual arrow keys and number keys to do everything. I do think the game gets better as you go along and different enemy types get thrown in the mix. I enjoyed my time enough to drop $1 for the sequel eventually.

I'll be here all week folks!
788-F831-E-1-EB4-41-B3-B896-2-CEAEE7-D9-DEF.gif

I guess this may be a big deal to some people.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game – Complete Edition Coming Holiday 2020

https://youtu.be/wUU_wRjdi2I

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time REMAKE

https://youtu.be/rlhRMcbyOME

Yeah those are the only two Ubisoft announcements I cared about yesterday. Good to see Scott Pilgrim is going to be the same $14.99 price point it was from 10 years ago (I was almost sure Ubisoft would try to jack the price up at least $5-10). And Prince of Persia is only going to be $39.99 apparently, which again I figured Ubi would try to sell at a full $60.

will Scott be coming to steam? it says a lot of PC stuff but not steam
It's an Ubisoft game so no, it most likely isn't coming to Steam. They've stopped putting their games on Steam for the past year or so, instead only putting them exclusively on Epic Game Store and UPlay (though this one will be Stadia as well apparently).

Everyone talking about Divinity OS 2 here...and I still got the original D:OS backlogged and unfinished.

I still can't wait til D:OS2 winds up in a HB Choice.

Also, while I'm at it - Divine Divinity was great (RPG with real-time combat that felt a bit Diablo-like with a story and a few choices); Beyond Divinity was good (2-person real-time RPG); Divinity 2: DKS was great (that felt more Fable and Oblivion/Skyrim).

Never got around to Dragon Commander, though; it's backlogged.
Saw that there's a Divinity: original Sin - The Source Saga bundle that includes both games and it's got a pretty good discount right now. It's 22.38 for both games. Could be cheaper if you already have one or the other but I can't tell

Could be cheaper if you already have one or the other but I can't tell
Sadly no, it's not one of those completion bundles. No additional discount shown for owning 1.

Was set to buy 2, but then decided i really need to play 1 first. By the time I do, 2 will likely be as-cheap or cheaper.

will Scott be coming to steam? it says a lot of PC stuff but not steam
I doubt anything new or recent will come from UbiSoft and be put onto Steam.

If it does, it would likely be much later. Much, much later.

Namely b/c Ubi is often on the PC putting their stuff namely on Uplay (fir 1st party) & Epic Game Store (for 3rd party), since Division 2:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/9/18174004/the-division-2-ubisoft-epic-game-store-launch

Ubi's been skipping Steam for newer titles, since Div 2.

I am betting Epic taking 12% is a better deal than say 30% from Steam. And also, who knows if Epic's tossing in some $ for them to avoid Steam altogether also. [shrug]

EDIT:

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is already up for Pre-Order on Epic Store:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-the-game/home

So is PoP: Sands Remake:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/prince-of-persia-sands-of-time/home

Saw that there's a Divinity: original Sin - The Source Saga bundle that includes both games and it's got a pretty good discount right now. It's 22.38 for both games. Could be cheaper if you already have one or the other but I can't tell
No discount for me. Doesn't look like a Complete A Bundle.

I own Div OS1 already.

Cheaper for me just to buy Div OS2 out-right at $17.99.

This is probably a great bundle for someone who doesn't own both Div OS1+2. You're basically getting each game for $11 and some change.

I still need to and should finish Div OS1 first, so...I think I can wait for Div OS2 to get cheaper.

Meh. 
Fanboys are weird beasts. 
The same ones that will be crowing about Scott Pilgrim being made available again are the same ones whining about the new Battletoads. 

The new Battletoads is kind of weird, though.  
I finished it up this week, and the entire time I wasn't sure exactly who the devs thought the audience of the game was.
The now grown kids that played it on the NES?  A new generation of kids that will appreciate the very Cartoon Network series-like animated interludes?  The meme-kids that were continuously calling and pestering poor Gamestop register jockeys?  The game was just all over the place in terms of tone and difficulty, even at the default "Toad" difficulty level.

While I'm being a complaining old man,  the Scott Pilgrim game was really just a "just ok" brawler that only has it's rapid fanbase it does because thanks to it's de-listing it became something that people couldn't have.  When you tell people they can't have something, some of them lose their damn minds and make it something they never shut up about. 

Meh.
Fanboys are weird beasts.
The same ones that will be crowing about Scott Pilgrim being made available again are the same ones whining about the new Battletoads.

The new Battletoads is kind of weird, though.
I finished it up this week, and the entire time I wasn't sure exactly who the devs thought the audience of the game was.
The now grown kids that played it on the NES?
A new generation of kids that will appreciate the very Cartoon Network series-like animated interludes?
The meme-kids that were continuously calling and pestering poor Gamestop register jockeys?

The game was just all over the place in terms of tone and difficulty, even at the default "Toad" difficulty level.
While I'm being a complaining old man, the Scott Pilgrim game was really just a "just ok" brawler that only has it's rapid fanbase it does because thanks to it's de-listing it became something that people couldn't have. When you tell people they can't have something, some of them lose their damn minds and make it something they never shut up about.
Especially valid because see this article written 3 days ago about how the emulated version got online support. Sell before the whole world knows this. https://www.pcgamer.com/the-emulated-scott-pilgrim-game-now-has-online-multiplayer/

American Fugitive is quite good.  Not amazing because, as an indie title, it lacks depth.  Still a great modern rendition of the older top-down GTA games.  Definitely worth the sub $1 price you can get it from a bundle/trade cesspool.

Untitled Goose Game I don't believe ever was free on EGS so far. Otherwise we'd have many more happy CAGs who claim it and never play it.
This is correct so FinderKeeper hasn't missed it. That would be a great freebie, but the game is so popular I doubt we'll see it in the near future.

[snip]
Thanks guys. I had looked on IsThereAnyDeal and for whatever reason it showed that UGG was $0.00 in July 2019. I took that to mean that it was a free/giveaway, but perhaps it was when it was first listed or something like that. Here's the link. I wish I knew more about how it tracks the prices.

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/untitledgoosegame/info/

I do have an Xbox One and Gold, but not GamePass. I didn't stock up on Gold before doing the $1 conversion thing, and it ran out early this year. I also don't have a computer capable of gaming at the moment but I hope to get one within the next 6-12 months (2019 was a difficult year for me technology-wise as both my computer and my 4K TV crapped out within a couple months of each other last fall).

I think $4.99 for UGG on Epic is probably the best I'll get for a while. I feel better now, knowing that I didn't miss a giveaway...CAG life :lol:

I can see getting Game Pass Ultimate when I have a good computer again, though, even if I stick with my Xbox One S for a couple more years. My priority console-wise is actually replacing the PS4 slim I had to sell last year (again, difficult times) so I'd be deciding whether to get a PS4 Pro when I do... but that's another thread. ;)

The passage of time is a weird thing and by that, I mean, does anyone else think 8 years is kind of pushing it for a psu? I really didn't realize it was 2012 when I installed the current one. Probably should start looking for a new one.

The passage of time is a weird thing and by that, I mean, does anyone else think 8 years is kind of pushing it for a psu? I really didn't realize it was 2012 when I installed the current one. Probably should start looking for a new one.
Difficult to make blanket statements when quality standards vary so widely between bad psu's and the quality units. Also the present is still a pretty rough time to buy a psu - supply hasn't fully recovered and prices remain high.

Difficult to make blanket statements when quality standards vary so widely between bad psu's and the quality units. Also the present is still a pretty rough time to buy a psu - supply hasn't fully recovered and prices remain high.
It's a Corsair 650w 80 gold and even though reviews were good but not great at the time, it's been decent enough, even though I've had to get creative with the wiring to accommodate all of the drives/fans/such I've added.

Edit:
Just found this one and though it may be overkill, during the next 8 to 10, I might need the extra headroom. Maybe.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WVWJW8N/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

a Corsair 650w 80 gold
That could range from decent to amazing depending on the manufacturer (corsair branding doesn't mean much).

In one build I have a Corsair hx650, a seasonic unit around that age, and it continues to be great.

I like to gamble on AWD components (often manufacturer b-stock) so I did grab this last week:
[attachment=34567:sst 1000w.png]

It's a Corsair 650w 80 gold and even though reviews were good but not great at the time, it's been decent enough, even though I've had to get creative with the wiring to accommodate all of the drives/fans/such I've added.

Edit:
Just found this one and though it may be overkill, during the next 8 to 10, I might need the extra headroom. Maybe.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WVWJW8N/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
There are a couple good PSUs available at a decent price (eff 2020) right now if you need a 'Tier 1' Gold 750W+ rated unit for this fall.

Super Flower Leadex III 750W 80+ Gold $119.99

Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 90+ Gold $129.99

Super Flower and Seasonic are among the best manufactuerers, and EVGA's are just rebranded Super Flower models.

Never knew about a PSU shortage.  Got this one for $75ish about two years ago when I built my current system.  I'm sure I'll be able to use it in a couple of years when I go for a new build.

Never knew about a PSU shortage. Got this one for $75ish about two years ago when I built my current system. I'm sure I'll be able to use it in a couple of years when I go for a new build.
Those are superflower units and are amazing. I use the 650 variant in my primary machine.

Those are superflower units and are amazing. I use the 650 variant in my primary machine.
Nice. Given a PSU is pretty much the one thing about a system that probably won't be obsoleted for a long time I figured I'd go for the higher quality. I had no need for the 750 but for whatever reason it was cheaper/on sale so I grabbed it.

I bought this one last year for $60.73 on Amazon, and I'm selling it brand new on Craigslist right now for $100 so that I can buy something else instead.   DIdn't realize there were so many low-rated 80+ Gold PSUs that could be a liability to frying your system under unfortunate circumstances. 

I'm currently using an EVGA Supernova NEX-650G (80+ gold) that I bought off Ebay for only 50 bucks brand new.  Seemed like a good deal at the time.  But it turns out that it's not recommended, and only graded for very cheap iGPU systems.   As in, like worse than pre-built quality.

Just getting Gold 80+ isn't good enough.  Some of them test out very poorly. 

Saving some $$$ upfront turned out to be a waste of money in the long run.  Not to mention the increase on your electrical bills from the unit running at low efficiency.

Yeah it's beneficial to look up a review of the exact model number (jonnyguru or elsewhere) and at least determine the manufacturer.  Some recent evga and corsair units are rough but still sell since many people just look at the branding.

I have *knock on wood* never had a PSU or HDD fail on me despite some of them being positively ancient in computer component terms.
Same... except I had one HDD fail... but I might have accidentally bumped my tower right around the same time it failed. But I'm sure that was just a coincidence.

Same... except I had one HDD fail... but I might have accidentally bumped my tower right around the same time it failed. But I'm sure that was just a coincidence.
Definitely just a coincidence. I once had a girlfriend who broke up with me the day after I blacked out and peed in her shoes. That was a coincidence, too.

I bought this one last year for $60.73 on Amazon, and I'm selling it brand new on Craigslist right now for $100 so that I can buy something else instead. DIdn't realize there were so many low-rated 80+ Gold PSUs that could be a liability to frying your system under unfortunate circumstances.

I'm currently using an EVGA Supernova NEX-650G (80+ gold) that I bought off Ebay for only 50 bucks brand new. Seemed like a good deal at the time. But it turns out that it's not recommended, and only graded for very cheap iGPU systems. As in, like worse than pre-built quality.

Just getting Gold 80+ isn't good enough. Some of them test out very poorly.

Saving some $$$ upfront turned out to be a waste of money in the long run. Not to mention the increase on your electrical bills from the unit running at low efficiency.
Looks like the one I'm interested in, so probably place an order. More than I really want to pay, but eh.
Review is for an 850, but I doubt there'd be a huge feature/quality difference with the 1000w https://aphnetworks.com/reports/seasonic-focus-plus-850-gold-850w/2 linked from jonnyguru
psu.jpg

You guys are worse than the console bros. Buying $500 GPUs every year and now preemptively replacing PC parts when nothing is wrong with them? Richassgamers.

Fwiw, I've only ever had one HDD fail on me years ago (knock on wood) and I've PSU fail, but it was a cheapo no brand that came built into a small form factor case. I usually upgrade before the PSU has a chance to fail because cards are usually way now power hungry by the time I upgrade.

My practical advice would be to wait until you upgrade to get a new PSU just because you never know what might change with technology and what new fangled thing they might have. Who knows, we might have wireless PSUs soon.

I've had about 3 or 4 HD failures. Two where WD one was a blue and one was a green. 3rd was a Seagate and I lost a bigger WD one fairly quickly (5 or 6 months). That may have been faulty. Most of the others were after years and years. Backup important documents and files. Now I clone and backup my main drive and also backup important stuff. If I lose one of the ones with some videos and such I'll just take it as a loss. More of a hassle to backup those honestly.

I have had a handful of HD failures that I can remember, there might have been some that I have forgotten.  I do not even remember specific components like cpu/gpu for my earliest computer builds.  l had one WD that failed entirely and two more that started having errors and I was able to recover most of the data that mattered from them and one Seagate that died.  l Have not had a HD fail in years though, I think the last one was maybe 7 or 8 years ago.

I've actually played some games lately, strange as that may be.  Hidden Through Time was quite enjoyable, a bit less chaotic than the big maps of HIdden Folks and some of the user-created maps are pretty good.  A lot of them are clearly made just to make the 50 map achievement easy to get and too many of those are voted highly which is annoying when you are trying to find maps that require you to actually look for things, but whatever.

Just went back to Baba is You after getting frustrated with it over a year ago.  It is a really creative puzzle game but sometimes the way to solve a puzzle does not make sense to me even after I have solved it which leads to some frustration.  Going to try and stick with it this time until I finish it, we will see how that goes.  

bread's done
Back