Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Anytime anyone talks shit on here I just assume they are trolling.

Goes for any topic...

With the exception of pineapple on pizza and MysterD's mom.

The min/recommended specs for Cyberpunk 2077 were announced during Episode 3 of Night City Wire:

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1306991768387321856
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/pc/sp-technical/issue/1556/cyberpunk-2077-system-requirements

CD Project is more clear on their site: "Please note that the game is both graphics- and processor-intensive, so make sure these components meet or exceed the minimum requirements. Also note that the minimum is created with Low settings and 1080p gaming in mind and Recommended with High and 1080p."

So those specs are for 1080p Low and 1080p High settings.

Displays over 1080p make up less than 12% of the gamer population (per Steam's hardware survey) so this really isn't a card for basically 90% of gamers. I think you just hear a lot of noise about it because it really is a nice jump if you skipped the 2000 series cards and because it's unlikely that AMD is going to match it so people who are interested don't feel the need to wait until mid-October to see what AMD releases.
On the other hand, when catering to the desires of the wealthy, you can have huge margins. A substantial number of people who don't blink at paying MSRP and may even go for the 50% higher priced premium edition with $5 worth of tchotchkes. They keep making those things because the supply of people with more money than sense has shown no indication of running dry.

And that's fine. Wealthy people picking up the R&D tab for stuff that will be cheap a few years down the road works OK for me. Today, what you get in IGA graphics would once have been a board costing several hundred dollars. A good games that requires a $2K rig to play properly today will be a $10 game that runs on a potato in five years or so. I've no shortage of stuff to keep me busy in the meantime.

Things change so long as there is cash flow to keep the lights on and advancement continuing. People once talked about 1080p displays the way they talk about 4K now. Some stuff gains value as it ages when other stuff catches up. Right now, it's hard to fully utilize a 3080 on a sub-4K display because the CPU and main RAM cannot keep up. This will change considerably when DDR5 is standard and IPC has continued climbing. Without any changes at all to the 3080, a new machine of 2023 or 2024 will make much better use of it across the range of resolution and frame rate combinations. Around that time, the same performance level of GPU will be price accessible to a much wider range of people.

I have an XBONE question for those of you who are in possession of such a device. Can you still convert Gold cards to Game Pass Ultimate time or has that ship sailed?

I have an XBONE question for those of you who are in possession of such a device. Can you still convert Gold cards to Game Pass Ultimate time or has that ship sailed?
Yes. If you've never had GPU, then redeem the gold cards first then convert. If you already have GPU, then they will convert automatically to extension months, telling you beforehand at what ratio.
https://redeem.microsoft.com/

Most probably know this, but GPU includes PC game pass. Any while I technically own a Cyperbunk 1x, I've spent more time modding it (1tb ssd) than actually using it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Half reading that without glasses on... I'm thinking "What does having a GPU have to do with xbox gold cards and Game Pass?"

Yes. If you've never had GPU, then redeem the gold cards first then convert. If you already have GPU, then they will convert automatically to extension months, telling you beforehand at what ratio.
https://redeem.microsoft.com/

Most probably know this, but GPU includes PC game pass. Any while I technically own a Cyperbunk 1x, I've spent more time modding it (1tb ssd) than actually using it.
Cool. Thanks. My Ultimate is running out in December, so I figured I might slap some more time on it while it's relatively cheap.

Cool. Thanks. My Ultimate is running out in December, so I figured I might slap some more time on it while it's relatively cheap.
It'd probably be better to let it lapse before adding gold time. If you add gold time while you have ultimate it'll convert it at like 3-4 months per 1 year gold. Hypothetically, if you wait until ultimate is expired you could add 3 years of cheap gold and then sign up for ultimate and convert it all 1:1.

Ive read that the 1:1 conversion to gpu is once per account.

But waiting still might be best. Changes to gold might be coming (gpu completely replacing gold, for instance). Conversions might get better but probably won't get worse than they are currently.

To go along with all this fancy shmancy gpu talk, I fully intend to upgrade my pc this year or early next year and am planning on going with something in the 3070 range from nvidia or amd.  My monitor right now is a 5 or 6 year old 60hz 1080p monitor and I'm planning on going with 1440p.  Are there any monitors that the people in the know in here (namely: not me) would recommend I keep an eye on for sales?

To go along with all this fancy shmancy gpu talk, I fully intend to upgrade my pc this year or early next year and am planning on going with something in the 3070 range from nvidia or amd. My monitor right now is a 5 or 6 year old 60hz 1080p monitor and I'm planning on going with 1440p. Are there any monitors that the people in the know in here (namely: not me) would recommend I keep an eye on for sales?
The dells are pretty good bets, however Im not sure what their true high/low sync capabilities are, https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pc-gaming/gaming-monitors/pcmcat304600050011.c?id=pcmcat304600050011&qp=brand_facet%3DBrand~Dell%5Efeatures_facet%3DFeatures~FreeSync%5Eparent_monitormaximumresolution_facet%3DMaximum%20Resolution~QHD

I know a fair amount of us own the gsync version that they used to sell that would go on sale pretty consistently (from 500$ down to 300-350), however they've replaced that one with some freesync only ones (not sure if they have or ever will be certified for gsync though it sounds like they still work with it just limited to 55fps-155fps+) and a freesync+gsync one. Generally you get what you pay for when it comes to freesync (a.k.a. those super cheap ones only sync within a very narrowband of FPS making that feature pretty useless but also why they are cheaper). However since their fsync are known to work with gsync its a pretty good bet since then you get one compatible with both for the future.

The dell's color reproduction, at least on the older model which was a TN, was according to reviews as close as you could get to an IPS panel while having TN speeds, so their colors are as good as you can get. Looks like the new ones you can either get an IPS or the cheaper TN, which is probably just fine.

One other thing to think about, since you are looking at a newer card, is to just put this off until you are ready to upgrade. The new cards support hdmi2.1, which means they should also theoretically support the new hdmi standard VRR (which is hdmi's own version of free/g/sync). So there should be a new round of hdmi2.1 compatible monitors coming, and while the gpus in general only have 1 or 2 hdmi outputs and prefer DP the option might be nice to have.

Will eventually be in the market for a 1440p 144hz Freesync as my next monitor.  Might consider 4k at 60 fps but depends on GPU requirements.  Also no idea which would be visually superior.

4k at most monitor sizes is kinda overkill to me but maybe I am just blind. I already have to magnify some text on my 1440p display. 

I think my next display is going to be a LG 48" CX with an adjustable wall mount.

Ive read that the 1:1 conversion to gpu is once per account.
FWIW, I've read the opposite. You have to let your current sub expire first, though. It's YMMV whether or not they'll let you convert for $1. Most likely you'd have to pay the full $15 but I've seen some instances of people getting the $1 offer again. My GPU runs until end of November so I'm hopeful Costco will still carry 24-months of Gold for $95 by then.

Will eventually be in the market for a 1440p 144hz Freesync as my next monitor. Might consider 4k at 60 fps but depends on GPU requirements. Also no idea which would be visually superior.
I prefer 1440p at a 27" monitor, which is about as big as I can go for the depth of my desk and how far back I sit.

The nice thing about 1440p @144Hz is that even for games where my system is too slow to push anything above 60fps at 1440, I can still drive the panel at it's native resolution without scaling. 4k is very demanding and I doubt many games would run at even a consistent 30fps at 4k on my setup and then you've got a 4k panel showing 2k content anyway just to have consistent frame rates.

In fairness, I'm running a Ryzen 2600X and gtx1080 so most people in this thread are probably better equipped than me, but my priority at the time was Overwatch and affordable VR performance.

To go along with all this fancy shmancy gpu talk, I fully intend to upgrade my pc this year or early next year and am planning on going with something in the 3070 range from nvidia or amd. My monitor right now is a 5 or 6 year old 60hz 1080p monitor and I'm planning on going with 1440p. Are there any monitors that the people in the know in here (namely: not me) would recommend I keep an eye on for sales?
You might check out Hardware Unboxed's youtube channel or their website, techspot.

https://www.techspot.com/bestof/gaming-monitors/

They usuallly have a best of run down for various monitor resoultions once or twice a year.

So basically, the cost ($1500 for 3090 v. $700 for $3080) is paying for a huge total of 24GB of VRAM here then...?
Its basically a Titan model again (but totally not because we called it a 3090!) that is a "pro-sumer" card meant more for compute tasks and a lot cheaper than the pro Quadro cards they sell. But like, it can like totally game bro and is the best card out there for gaming. At twice the price for 20% more performance.

I've noticed that Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Crash N Sane Trilogy have become almost like a currency on Barter.vg, with hoarders driving the value up. Tried to trade for it, but it's just not worth it. If you're listening, Mr. Sweeney...

And with Watch Dogs 2 being free on EGS now, this marks another time that a title already on the store is given away. Maybe increased odds of titles like Vampyr being given way.

Oh, that was guessed weeks ago when they released chip info on it. It's not a gaming card, more for video editing and scientific purposes like AI research, machine learning, etc.
It was estimated to be 20% better for the last several weeks. So even more of a joke now.

It was estimated to be 20% better for the last several weeks. So even more of a joke now.
I mean, I guess. But if you were buying one for gaming, the joke was already on you.

Maybe it's a terrible card, I dunno. I don't think that gaming benchmarks are a great way of judging that. If it's only 10% better than a 3080 at developing convincing Deep Fakes then, yeah, sure.

months ago, was planning on going 3070 ($500), but the 3080 ($700) is enticing.  Not like you can even get one soon. Driving 4K VR. edit:(HP Reverb G2)

RE: People talking about the 3090 performance vs price...

But are you considering the massive epeen u get when you can say "I have a 3090!"?!?

3090 is the only one with NVLink/SLi, unfortunately NV has abandoned SLi development/support. Sadly SLi is a fool's e-carrot.  :whistle2:(

Since lurkers apparently took the games last time I will just post the names this go around and dole them out to posters afterwards. 

GUILTY GEAR Xrd -SIGN- 
Taxi *75TA-IXC54-HEBWG *= what people who take keys without posting are called. 
Disciples II: Rise of the Elves 
King's Bounty: Dark Side 
Kingdom Wars 2: Definitive Edition 
Runestone Keeper 
Two Worlds II 
Bit Dungeon III 
American Fugitive
DiRT Rally
STAR WARS - Knights of the Old Republic
STAR WARS Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack

Kingdom Rush

Just post about 1 game you would like and it's yours via pm I guess.

strike = claimed.

c'mon man, you gotta do better than that. tetris already has vr, and it's supposedly damn good. you gotta say like, pong in vr, or q*bert in vr, or zork in vr.
Now I’m just imagining somebody remaking Zork completely faithfully, but with modern AAA 3D graphics in VR, and I kinda want to see that.

Since lurkers apparently took the games last time I will just post the names this go around and dole them out to posters afterwards.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd -SIGN-
Taxi *75TA-IXC54-HEBWG *= what people who take keys without posting are called.
Disciples II: Rise of the Elves
King's Bounty: Dark Side
Kingdom Wars 2: Definitive Edition
Runestone Keeper
Two Worlds II
Bit Dungeon III
American Fugitive
DiRT Rally
STAR WARS - Knights of the Old Republic
STAR WARS Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack

Kingdom Rush

Just post about 1 game you would like and it's yours via pm I guess.

strike = claimed.
Could I have Kings Bounty Darkside please?

I think it was called tetris effect vr or something and is highly acclaimed. It certainly looks nice.
It is 100% fantastic and I'm even more STOKED that it is coming to Xbox Game Pass in Nov with multiplayer. I spend more time in the game LOOKING at the levels than I do playing them now. (there's so much to see, there's a replay feature which you unlock beating the game that lets you go back and trigger each scene in the level)

bread's done
Back