Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Since lurkers apparently took the games last time I will just post the names this go around and dole them out to posters afterwards.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd -SIGN-
Taxi *75TA-IXC54-HEBWG *= what people who take keys without posting are called.
Disciples II: Rise of the Elves
King's Bounty: Dark Side
Kingdom Wars 2: Definitive Edition
Runestone Keeper
Two Worlds II
Bit Dungeon III
American Fugitive
DiRT Rally
STAR WARS - Knights of the Old Republic
STAR WARS Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack

Kingdom Rush

Just post about 1 game you would like and it's yours via pm I guess.

strike = claimed.
I would like Runestone Keeper please.

Since lurkers apparently took the games last time I will just post the names this go around and dole them out to posters afterwards.
GUILTY GEAR Xrd -SIGN-
Taxi *75TA-IXC54-HEBWG *= what people who take keys without posting are called.
Disciples II: Rise of the Elves
King's Bounty: Dark Side
Kingdom Wars 2: Definitive Edition
Runestone Keeper
Two Worlds II
Bit Dungeon III

American Fugitive
DiRT Rally
STAR WARS - Knights of the Old Republic
STAR WARS Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack
Kingdom Rush

Just post about 1 game you would like and it's yours via pm I guess.
strike = claimed.

Do you still have dirt rally up for grabs? I kind of want try it in VR and see if I can keep my lunch down...but I'm pessimistic about my chances and figure it's not worth spending money on if it doesn't go my way.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm of the firm belief that any quoted CAG post can be improved by injecting 'MysterD's mom' into it.

Or maybe I'm just posting this because I wanted to use the phrase: 'injecting MysterD's mom'...

tenor.gif

I'm all for it. I'm planning on getting a Series Something Or Other for my living room and if this means I'll be able to play my same save when I'm hiding from my family in the office (PC) or lying on the couch like a slob (Xbox) then it's worth it.

Wow. This is HUGE news (Zenimax acquisition).

Basically...Microsoft has now great RPG Houses under their umbrella and roof - i.e. Obsidian; Zenimax and Bethesda; and InXile.

They also got the FPS and TPS locked down w/ Id and their affiliates (MachineGames & Tango) with Wolfenstein series, The Evil Within series, RAGE series, Quake series, and Doom series. 

They have Arkane too - which has Dishonored series, Arx Fatalis, and Prey 2017.

What a power play by Microsoft. Sheesh.

So, does this mean Zenimax has to ditch Bethesda-Launcher and fold all of their games now into Xbox for PC App?

Will Microsoft makes all of Zenimax's upcoming stuff Exclusive to say Xbox Console and Windows? Will they completely shut-out Sony (Playstation platforms) and Nintendo (Switch platforms) for future titles? Or maybe bring those titles to Sony and Nintendo WAY later?

What does this do for Microsoft on GOG? Microsoft has zero games of their own on GOG right now, but some Zenimax and Bethesda stuff is already on there. Will that Zenimax and Bethesda stuff leave GOG? Or will Microsoft allow a lot of the older Zenimax stuff to stay on GOG? Will Microsoft let Bethesda bring more of their stuff to GOG? Will they (Microsoft) bring their own older stuff to GOG and their DRM-FREE party?

Since we know Bethesda and Obsidian aren't the best of friends after Fallout New Vegas and all (i.e. see Metacritic Bonus incident & how FO:NV out-classes FO3+FO4 in many ways) - could Microsoft maybe order up Fallout: New Vegas Remastered?

EDIT:

Also, if Microsoft puts all of Bethesda and Zenimax's stuff on Game Pass - man, that makes Game Pass even more such a good deal. Sheesh.

Well, definitely would be a good time to see if you can still lock in some years of Game Pass for cheap ... first EA going in on Game Pass, now ZeniMax being bought up by Microsoft. That's going to be quite a lot of titles that Game Pass will have you covered on for years to come. 

As for the console question, this won't change things even slightly for me. I only ever play Sony titles on PS4, Nintendo titles on Switch, and everything else on PC. Pouring one out for the concept of market competition, but having one fewer game launcher will be nice.

Oh wow.  Every year you hear about MS acquiring some more new studios for first party development.  It's never a big deal and nothing major ever happens.  But this acquisition is monumental.  Not much changes on PC but it should have a massive effect on game exclusivity for Xbox consoles as well as Gamepass.  This really expands their grasp over "western gaming". 

Quite the Monday morning coffee news.  

If Msoft doesn't release a NV remaster called Fallout Newer Vegas, it's all for naught.

In all seriousness, if the combination of Beth and Obsidian under the same company umbrella doesn't bring out the best in both studios franchises, I'll probably just give up gaming. 7.5 BILLION isn't chump change, even for the big M, but I'm not hopeful, honestly, especially after Rare.

More on Bethesda/Zenimax acquisition with Microsoft:

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-bethesda-zenimax-aquisition

Microsoft says they will honor the PlayStation Exclusive deals:

• One of the deals is for Ghostwire Tokyo (from Tango)...
  • ...And the other is  for Deathloop (from Arkane).
Also, they mention that they will look into Bethesda/Zenimax for its future titles for PC; Xbox; and then also "other platforms" on a "case-by-case" basis.

I used to think it would be great if Microsoft acquired BioWare ... but their games have declined so significantly that at this point I’m not even sure that would be a good thing. The Bethesda acquisition is still way better than having them be absorbed by someone like EA or Activision ... bloody awful companies imo.

Bioware -> EA

Blizzard -> Activision

ZeniMax -> Microsoft

Because 2020 has brought about nothing but good things.

So basically everything will be a Windows 10 Store exclusive for a year? Horrible news.
Flight Simulator, Master Chief Collection, Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Grounded, and Ori and the Will of the Wisps were all on Steam at launch. Age of Empire III and Halo Infinite will both be on Steam at launch as well. Only XBox game from the last 18 months that I can think of that hasn't come to Steam is Minecraft Dungeons. They've said their intention is to release their games on multiple PC storefronts down the road, and so far they've done a good job of sticking to that. I'll worry once that changes.

Alienware Arena is having a promotion this week involving Serious Sam.

I don't know if you have to do it everyday, but each day there's a new reward.

Mon - 25 ARP

Tues - 2X ARP Bonus token

Wed - Serious Sam HD (First 10k people only)

Thurs - Serious Sam 2 (First 10k people only)

Fri - Serious Sam 3 (First 10k people only)

Click on the Serious Sam bomb icon (top of the page next to the Alienware Arena logo) to claim rewards.

Bioware -> EA

Blizzard -> Activision
ZeniMax -> Microsoft

Because 2020 has brought about nothing but good things.
Out of the three, I still think it’s the best case scenario. And like I said earlier, by the time EA got around to buying BioWare, they were already in significant decline. Wonder if Microsoft would ever acquire Beamdog and/or Larian. Would be a great way to produce HD remasters of Fallout 1 and 2 if they did.

Microsoft better greenlight Rogue Warrior Remastered and Rogue Warrior 2 now... ;)

EDIT:

Maybe with InXile owned by Microsoft and they now own Zenimax, will we get Hunted 2?

EDIT 2:

John Carmack (of Id Software fame with Wolfenstein, Doom & Quake series) says that Microsoft buying-out Bethesda could cause him to re-engage with old games:
https://www.pcgamer.com/john-carmack-says-microsofts-bethesda-buyout-might-let-him-re-engage-with-old-games/

Obsidian shrugged, when asked if Fallout New Vegas 2 might happen, since Microsoft purchasing Bethesda/Zenimax:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout-new-vegas/sequel

Out of the three, I still think it’s the best case scenario. And like I said earlier, by the time EA got around to buying BioWare, they were already in significant decline. Wonder if Microsoft would ever acquire Beamdog and/or Larian. Would be a great way to produce HD remasters of Fallout 1 and 2 if they did.
Larian and Beamdog under the Microsoft roof would be crazy. All they'd need would be to basically buy-out EA to CD Projekt RED, at that point. Sheesh.

I guess the Power Move for Sony to make now would be buying someone huge....like EA, Take-Two or 2K, WB, Activision, or someone of that sort.

So, does this mean Zenimax has to ditch Bethesda-Launcher and fold all of their games now into Xbox for PC App?
You know as well as I do that Microsoft is going to do two things: make a move that allows them to say "Hey we are totally cool, man." And then something incredibly inefficient and stupid.

Which means... allow the Bethesda launcher and XBox for PC to co-exist in mediocrity. Neglect them both. And then abandon them, broken, and create something even worse.

We need someone with a lot of $ - like say Microsoft - to buy out VTM IP and HardSuit Labs (and Paradox too, if they want); get Brian Mitsoda back in there to finish Vampire Bloodlines 2; and get that finished-up properly.

Anyone know when precisely (time and time zone) these go live?
Pretty sure Eastern.

They're kinda weird... The daily login reward calendar rolls over around 9pm Eastern I think (it's 9:40 now and it's showing the reward for the 22nd), but the daily quests haven't rolled over and I can't claim the 2x ARP reward yet.

EDIT:

I could get today's reward at 11 eastern.

so the console preorder threads get special treatment but no love for them video cardzzz? pfft, let the peasants have their poop boxes...

btw if anyone knows any good tracker bots/twitter feeds when the 3070 hits please lemme know, k thx. 

Alienware Arena is having a promotion this week involving Serious Sam.

I don't know if you have to do it everyday, but each day there's a new reward.

Mon - 25 ARP
Tues - 2X ARP Bonus token
Wed - Serious Sam HD (First 10k people only)
Thurs - Serious Sam 2 (First 10k people only)
Fri - Serious Sam 3 (First 10k people only)

Click on the Serious Sam bomb icon (top of the page next to the Alienware Arena logo) to claim rewards.
Apparently you unlock one reward each day. Today I was only able to get the Monday reward. I guess I'll hope being a day behind they'll still have some keys.

Pretty sure Eastern.

They're kinda weird... The daily login reward calendar rolls over around 9pm Eastern I think (it's 9:40 now and it's showing the reward for the 22nd), but the daily quests haven't rolled over and I can't claim the 2x ARP reward yet.

EDIT:

The timings are definitely weird, I pretty much always miss at least one day on all of the "claim a reward each day for a bonus" weekly things because I sign on in the evening one of the days, or something like that.

Eurogamer and Digital Foundry - Crysis: Remastered analysis:

Review - https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-crysis-remastered-pc-tech-review

In summary, I'm highly conflicted about Crysis Remastered. I find some of the technological additions and asset work to be brilliant - SVOGI and RT reflections in particular look wonderful - but the legacy art issues and brutal CPU limitations are extremely problematic. Just the basic idea that it's essentially impossible to run a remaster of a 2007 game at 60fps on the fastest gaming CPU available, even with key settings at medium, basically means that there's a fundamental issue here that needs addressing - and that the game should not have released in this state.
Youtube Video:

https://youtu.be/l_Az4-2o9AI

Pretty sure Eastern.

EDIT:

Thanks for this, I probably would have missed them otherwise.

Those Digital Foundry guys love Crysis waaaaaaaay too fuck ing much. I, mostly, enjoy their videos but sometimes it's so exhausting.

"Look at the under-side of the turtle's shell. Notice how the lighting from the sand is slightly diffused, giving it a rounder appearance."

Me - Round turtle shell, k.

"Notice how that corner of the room is more yellowish-green because the sun's position in the sky is being ray traced through the tree leaves outside."

Me - Colored lighting. Cool.

obviously not quotes but you get the idea

I am glad they were at least professionally objective because: It's always been a mediocre shooter inside a hardware pushing graphical showcase. Now, they've just uprezzed the inferior console version, then threw every new lighting technology available against the wall and whether it stuck or not, still pushed it out. I mean, haven't people modded the original to look incredible, even in 2020?

bread's done
Back