Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
it was up for like 5+ mins . i was going to buy but decided to wait for 3090 benchmarks or asus 3080
It wasn't. Humans were not able to check out from the moment the 'add to cart' button went live. Thousands of bots crashed the site immediately and no one could even get their carts to load after the initial seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't. Humans were not able to check out from the moment the 'add to cart' button went live. Thousands of bots crashed the site immediately and no one could even get their carts to load after the initial seconds.
the add but was up for a while i kept refreshing just to see how long it lasted

Alienware Arena is having a promotion this week involving Serious Sam.

I don't know if you have to do it everyday, but each day there's a new reward.

Mon - 25 ARP

Tues - 2X ARP Bonus token

Wed - Serious Sam HD (First 10k people only)

Thurs - Serious Sam 2 (First 10k people only)

Fri - Serious Sam 3 (First 10k people only)

Click on the Serious Sam bomb icon (top of the page next to the Alienware Arena logo) to claim rewards.
Missed out on Serious Sam HD today. Already out of keys.

the add but was up for a while i kept refreshing just to see how long it lasted
It was up for like 15min. but no one could check out. I missed most of the listings that went live this week but was actually on top of this one during its initial seconds bc I happened to be refreshing. It was well before anybody posted anything about it on any of my sites and I still never had a chance lol. Newegg simply died immediately. obv getting thousands of requests at once.

Each time one of these listings pops up the bots are already checking out and basically DDoS'ing the site into crashing before you even see the button go live.

See it's live again but the site isn't functioning. That's the way most of the listings have been this week.  Plus most of the people that were able to push orders through at Newegg and Amazon had them cancelled anyways. 

Thanks for this, I probably would have missed them otherwise.
When did you log in? They were already gone *before* 9 Eastern for me. Wish they would have tied it to Alienware level at least.

Edit: looks like some people were getting it as early as 5pm. Still no clue when precisely these go live.

Oh... Well... bee posted a code at 8 Eastern.  There was also a post on steamgifts about it a little after 8.  So looks like 8 Eastern is when they go live.

Oh... Well... bee posted a code at 8 Eastern. There was also a post on steamgifts about it a little after 8. So looks like 8 Eastern is when they go live.
I saw some suggestions that it's 0:01 UTC, or 8:01 PM Eastern, but I also saw other people claiming they had codes at 5pm so idk.

I think it's based on when you redeemed your first item. I was checking the site all day and day 2 didn't become available to me until right around the time the previous night when I got the first redemption. 

Since that is around 10:00 CST, I think my chances for any of the Serious Sam games are pretty much nil.  Thanks for the info about the giveaway though!

@Above post on Crysis: Remastered.

This is crazy, that a  game from 2007 wasn't optimized for more cores in this 2020 remaster. Doesn't sound like they've fixed or changed that problem from back in the day for today's modern systems.

Sure, it looks great for a Remaster from all these videos that I've seen at the newer and  higher settings (like "Can It Run Crysis?" - but when a 10900K and 3080 can't run Crysis Remastered at Max settings at 4K60fps (as DF) pointed out and WorthABuy is talking about i9 and 2080 can't do this at 1080p60fps, that's just mind-boggling.

I would expect an i9 and 3080 smashing anything right now at 4K60fps with RTX on.

I'm sure Denuvo on there doesn't help there either (WorthABuy points out it uses Denuvo).

That's just a shame b/c as a game, Crysis series has always rocked. I was really hoping for in this Remaster, a huge performance bump here.

EDIT:

Linus looked at this last week too, hoping that DLSS Patch comes soon:

https://youtu.be/U7Xtmayoly8

(1) Make poorly optimized game

(2) Become meme for your poor optimization

(3) Wait a decade or so, make remastered version of the same game

(4) Use meme status to excuse continued poor optimization

(5) Get on the Twitch-tubes

(6) Profit

~~PNY 3080 is popping in and put of stock on best buy. I got an order in after someone posted about it on the Nvidia subreddit. If it actually arrives I'm dropping my PS5 preorder and will buy squadrons for pc... As it was meant to be.~~

Monsters cancelled my order.

(6) Profit
Pretty much. I'd forgotten that it had denuvo which is the cherry on top of a stupid sundae. Just the 1080p sub 60fps on a 2080 was bad enough.

Rocket League is currently free over at Epic Game Store:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/rocket-league/home

• Rocket League is Free on the Tim Sweeney store.
  • Getting this game for free also nets you a $10 coupon for purchases over $14.99 that expires on Nov. 1st.
I uninstalled it last week on Steam when they started requiring an Epic account and linking with Steam. I've purposely avoiding linking those two as I don't want Sweeney anywhere near my Steam info. It also didn't help that I've lost DLC content I bought in the form of the licensed Ghostbusters and KnightRider cars. Not the end of the world, I'm out less than $20 for a game that was mild fun for a few hours but I'm never giving those devs any more money.

(6) Profit
It's not poorly optimized though. Throws way too much into the diminishing returns range, yes.

<p>

Rocket League is currently free over at Epic Game Store:
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/rocket-league/home

• Rocket League is Free on the Tim Sweeney store.
  • Getting this game for free also nets you a $10 coupon for purchases over $14.99 that expires on Nov. 1st.
As expected both current Epic coupons don't stack, but I'm sure both will come in handy for a Halloween sale. Also, my wife approved me buying a 3070 this year so that's neat. I just need to research which one to get.

As expected both current Epic coupons don't stack, but I'm sure both will come in handy for a Halloween sale. Also, my wife approved me buying a 3070 this year so that's neat. I just need to research which one to get.
Both my Epic coupons claim they will "apply to the next eligible purchase", and they also both claim they "cannot be combined" ...... yeaahhhhh, I don't think both of those things can be true at the same time.

Actually, there's one way they can be true: if I don't use either of them before they expire. Which is likely, considering I can't find anything I want on their store which is both over $14.99 and that I don't already have from one of their own giveaways.

I hope the first feature they add to their store is filtering out games you already own.

Some standouts with prices after coupon, all historical lows and not bundled or given away before:

• Ashen - $9.99
  • Disco Elysium - $19.99
  • Metro Exodus - $9.99
  • Outer Wilds - $6.24
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 - $30.19
  • Shenmue III - $14.99
All games I expect to get way lower soon (e.g. this holiday), and not in a rush to play any of them.

Baldur's Gate III's Early Access release date has been delayed until Oct. 6th:
https://www.ign.com/articles/baldurs-gate-3-early-access-release-delayed

Also, system requirements revealed too:

Minimum:
  • Processor: Intel i5-4690 / AMD FX 4350
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 780 / AMD Radeon R9 280X
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 70 GB available space
Recommended:

• Processor: Intel i7 4770k / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / AMD RX580
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 70 GB available space

It's impressively... ugh. I mean, who was really asking for this? With features like that, the jokes they call streamers, and all the blatant, pathetic entitlement it's no wonder most of society think gamers are a bunch of knob goblin, basement dwelling, fat slappers. (Don't even get me started on esports) We're poisoning our own water supply, boys. Have to stop shitting upstream.

Yeah man, I lost even more faith with gamers this week too.  All the petty 1-star reviews and fake Ebay listings.  What kind of newb gets enraged by Ebay?  Bunch of entitled little twats that are furious just bc they can't get something they want on day1.

It's impressively... ugh. I mean, who was really asking for this? With features like that, the jokes they call streamers, and all the blatant, pathetic entitlement it's no wonder most of society think gamers are a bunch of knob goblin, basement dwelling, fat slappers. (Don't even get me started on esports) We're poisoning our own water supply, boys. Have to stop shitting upstream.
One step closer to that Black Mirror episode.

Waiting for the 'MysterD's Mom' and 'Shitting Upstream' DLCs

Waiting for the 'MysterD's Mom' and 'Shitting Upstream' DLCs
Shitting Upstream is in the first Season Pass and MysterD's Mom will be a console timed exclusive part of the Platinum preorder only edition. Spoiler alert: Alternatively, she'll also be given away for free right before the sequel is announced

Since lurkers apparently took the games last time I will just post the names this go around and dole them out to posters afterwards.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd -SIGN-
Taxi *75TA-IXC54-HEBWG *= what people who take keys without posting are called.
Disciples II: Rise of the Elves
King's Bounty: Dark Side
Kingdom Wars 2: Definitive Edition
Runestone Keeper
Two Worlds II
Bit Dungeon III
American Fugitive
DiRT Rally
STAR WARS - Knights of the Old Republic
STAR WARS Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack

Kingdom Rush

strike = claimed.
Still have these left unclaimed for those interested.

People with 3080's having all kinds of black screens, CTD's, and other stuff:
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-users-report-crashes-black-screens-during-gaming/

To fix it, for now - use MSI Afterburner 4.6.3 BETA 2 and down-clock your GPU some 50-100 Mhz...to get it under 2.0Ghz. Seems to have issues, when it's clocked at 2.0 Ghz under its current drivers.
Wouldn't know. Best buy cancelled my order...

But a lot of people are speculating that these problems ate people who are powering both power connectors on the 3080 off the same power rail with a splitter or otherwise cheap power supplies.

Probably beta drivers too

(6) Profit
They didn't even remake the that mened PC version. This is the remaster of the console version.

That seems crazy... but I suspect it would be cheaper than ZeniMax as I don't think Sega has to many studios... Just an impressive catalog of games.

That catalog would be a big boom to Game Pass.
I don't want it to happen because Sega should stay third party so we get more cases like Nintendo paying for Bayonetta. However, I would like to see Atlus bring all PS4/5 games to Xbox/PC so I don't need a PS5.

xbox isnt really at war with nintendo. i could honestly see if microsoft bought sega, they'd still let Sonic on Switch

just like they let lucky's tale and ori on switch.

xbox isnt really at war with nintendo. i could honestly see if microsoft bought sega, they'd still let Sonic on Switch

just like they let lucky's tale and ori on switch.
Even if it happened, the only reason MS would prevent Sega games from coming to other systems would be if they wanted to kill Sega off entirely. MS is very well aware by now that nothing they do is going to make the Xbox popular in Japan, and that’s where most of Sega’s non-Sonic profit comes from. I could maybe see them denying PS localizations, but not PS versions without killing the company.

I don't want it to happen because Sega should stay third party so we get more cases like Nintendo paying for Bayonetta. However, I would like to see Atlus bring all PS4/5 games to Xbox/PC so I don't need a PS5.
Though, I could see if Microsoft buys SEGA, they (Microsoft) could buy-out rights so they also could be able to bring Bayonetta 2+3 to their own platforms (Xbox console and Xbox PC).

Bayonetta 2+3 on Game Pass would be bananas.

EDIT:

Not sure I buy that happening, Japan doesn't really like the Xbox branding very much.
I could see it happening (M$ buying SEGA), as Microsoft could probably afford SEGA.

I could see SEGA - and all of SEGA's stuff, too - in Game Pass be a big deal for Microsoft.

Sure, a fair amount of SEGA is already in there - but I could see M$ booting their Game Pass value by buying SEGA and putting ALL of SEGA's catalog in there.

Microsoft could shut-out Playstation from SEGA entirely, which could be a tough blow to Playstation...and if that tactic fails (i.e. nobody in Japan still buys SEGA, even with M$ blocking SEGA's game from Sony platforms), that could hurt SEGA badly too.

Thing is: how would the audience in Japan react to this? If M$ bought SEGA, would a lot of the Japanese audience just suddenly flip from Playstation to Xbox for next-gen consoles? Or would they even entertain the thought of buying both console platforms?

There is a price for everything. If the price was right, Sega wanting to be owned by MS or not wouldn't matter. Considering what MS paid to own Zenimax, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that MS pays the right price to own Sega as well.

bread's done
Back