Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I haven't played Shenmue in a long time - got it on the Dreamcast at release and replayed it at least once since then, but that was probably 10 years ago - but it's one of those overly ambitious games that is more fascinating than fun.  Get up in the morning and go to your job doing busy work until you get off and have time to talk to a bunch of people searching for some guy.  Don't get me wrong, I love the thing to death, but there will be a point where you have to meet so and so at 9:00pm but it's 10:00am so what am I going to do until then?  The voice acting is hilariously bad, but I don't think it was as egregious in 1999.  It's also one of the first games (if not THE first) to have QTEs, so that's either a point for or against it depending on where you stand.

I remember the forklift races being genuinely fun, though.

My 3080 FE Fromm BBY finally shipped!! Got the codes for Watchdogs and GeForce NOW as well.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I played one of the Yakuza games the other night and it was the dumbest 90 minutes I've spent in a video game in a long time.  I think there was maybe ten minutes of game play in that hour and a half with the rest spent watching tediously long cut sce--- wait, is it even a "cut scene" if it makes up 90% of the product?  I think it's more like an animated movie with "cut games" interspersed.  What little game play there was failed to impress as well.  "Walk down the block!  Buy a ring!  Chase a guy! Chase him again because you're stupid!  Chase him some more! Beg for money! Beg for more money!  Isn't the life of a Yakuza nonstop awesome?"

Best thing I can say about the game is that it was on Game Pass and so I didn't add to the insult by spending money on it.  I'm going back to my itch.io games.

I played one of the Yakuza games the other night and it was the dumbest 90 minutes I've spent in a video game in a long time. I think there was maybe ten minutes of game play in that hour and a half with the rest spent watching tediously long cut sce--- wait, is it even a "cut scene" if it makes up 90% of the product? I think it's more like an animated movie with "cut games" interspersed. What little game play there was failed to impress as well. "Walk down the block! Buy a ring! Chase a guy! Chase him again because you're stupid! Chase him some more! Beg for money! Beg for more money! Isn't the life of a Yakuza nonstop awesome?"

Best thing I can say about the game is that it was on Game Pass and so I didn't add to the insult by spending money on it. I'm going back to my itch.io games.
The intro for Yakuza 1 is really long, and the gameplay segment of it is very dumb. Once it opens up and the game is done explaining why Kiryu is in the situation he’s in, the story gets substantially more interesting and the game portion really opens up. It’s a heavily story-based Japanese game, so cutscenes are going to remain lengthy, but most of the rest of them won’t be nearly as long or as rapidfire as in the intro. I like the game, and when I was replaying the beginning on Steam a few months ago, even I couldn’t take the whole intro all at once.

I will say this: the first season was worth it. At least two of the four story DLC I would categorize as very good to great. Lots of playtime.
I started it late this weekend and have enjoyed my time with it so far. Just kicked around and did more side missions than story missions.

It certainly felt like Borderlands, though the guns haven't been incredibly crazy yet but I'm sure that's to come soon enough.

One negative I that I will touch upon is the two lead villains. I get they are suppose to be annoying but, oh my God, are they fucking annoying!

ACG said wait for a sale... Which isn't a norm of his if he really likes the game. Very much had mix feelings on it.
Yep, I saw his review and also GManLives' yesterday.

Like most games - especially most Ubi games anyways, especially on PC - yeah, wait for a sale.

Ubi games usually run "meh" or "poor" out-the-box, have performance issues, and/or more bugs than you can think of (i.e. go see AC: Unity at launch).

And it doesn't really help w/ the way games de-value themselves so fast w/ other things - like DLC's, Season Pass(es), Expansions, etc etc.

I always play Assassin's Creeds and Ubisoft games a game or two behind. Usually only buy when I can get the game and all DLC for about $16. Same for the RE games. Recently got RE2 and RE7 Gold....will play them eventually.

Also while I love silly Yakuza, I miss the more serious stories that were done in Yakuza 1/2. Give it some time and if you started with Kiwami 1 over 0, play zero since it gives a lot of back story. 

I played one of the Yakuza games the other night and it was the dumbest 90 minutes I've spent in a video game in a long time. I think there was maybe ten minutes of game play in that hour and a half with the rest spent watching tediously long cut sce--- wait, is it even a "cut scene" if it makes up 90% of the product? I think it's more like an animated movie with "cut games" interspersed. What little game play there was failed to impress as well. "Walk down the block! Buy a ring! Chase a guy! Chase him again because you're stupid! Chase him some more! Beg for money! Beg for more money! Isn't the life of a Yakuza nonstop awesome?"

Best thing I can say about the game is that it was on Game Pass and so I didn't add to the insult by spending money on it. I'm going back to my itch.io games.
I played Yakuza 0 - and I thought it was fantastic.

Yeah, long-winded cut-scenes, movies, and things like that might annoy some gamers and all. But me, I was absolutely fine w/ it.

This is one of the few games that actually really goes in-depth w/ actual characters, their background, their motivations, etc etc - so that most here aren't...just paper cut-outs. And so that when stuff happens, we actually care when something bad happens to a character.

And in this UbiSoft era, it's one of the few games...where's there's often actual story and whatnot to its crazy side-quests. It's a little bit more than just fetch X items, defeat X guys, collect X flag, etc etc.

I have Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2 backlogged right now.

I haven't played Shenmue in a long time - got it on the Dreamcast at release and replayed it at least once since then, but that was probably 10 years ago - but it's one of those overly ambitious games that is more fascinating than fun. Get up in the morning and go to your job doing busy work until you get off and have time to talk to a bunch of people searching for some guy. Don't get me wrong, I love the thing to death, but there will be a point where you have to meet so and so at 9:00pm but it's 10:00am so what am I going to do until then? The voice acting is hilariously bad, but I don't think it was as egregious in 1999. It's also one of the first games (if not THE first) to have QTEs, so that's either a point for or against it depending on where you stand.

I remember the forklift races being genuinely fun, though.
I wish there was say a button, just to advance time in Shenmue 1...just to push the plot ahead. Kind of like w/ newer Elder Scrolls games, where there's a Wait or Sleep key/command (IIRC, in ES games, that was set on the T keyboard key?). That way, I can say let the game progress right to 7pm, so I could go find some Sailors w/ tattoo's...instead of trying to shoot pool, play some Sega arcade games, or something to kill some time & all.

It's not like this game's entirely loaded like many games are these days w/ side-quests galore everywhere either. Sure, there's a few side quests and some mini-games here & there - but otherwise, you're more or less exploring and waiting until it's 7pm here.

where's there's often actual story and whatnot to its crazy side-quests. It's a little bit more than just fetch X items
This was literally "Walk down street, fetch an item, lose it, fetch it again, lose it, fetch it again, lose it, fetch it again, return with it."

There's not enough character development in the world to make that anything but a waste of time.

Nvidia is back to planning to launch a 3080 Ti with 20GB in January to compete with the AMD 6900 XT cards.
Yep, likely around ~$899-$999 which is why there is no point in waiting until the next refresh. Best to get your RTX 3080 for $699 (or 3070 / Ti, 3060).

At each level, which is different for everyone, you're best off (not spending) that $200-$300 for whatever you buy next in 3-4 years again.

Not a hardcore racing game fan or anything, but I imagine their games won't be Dirt cheap (or free) anymore.

Last edited:
My 3080 FE Fromm BBY finally shipped!! Got the codes for Watchdogs and GeForce NOW as well.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice, do you remember what time of day it was in stock? I'm still trying to get one this month while I can use a coupon, or a similarly priced card at BB. I check pretty frequently but never see it, and that nowinstock site never updates (Edit: Oh, they finally did the morning I didn't check after checking daily for weeks).

Last edited:
Death, taxes, Steam Tuesday downtime.

Also, Jedi Fallen Order just got added to EA Play through Steam. ~20 hours long so should be easy to get through in a month.

Haven't played it myself, but for anyone into Square Enix's SaGa series, Romancing SaGa 3 (which was originally on Super Famicom) is 58% off on Steam.

Final Ghostrunner update - I beat the damn thing.  I even went the extra mile and got all the achievements.  I had over 500 deaths on the final level.  I had trouble figuring out one section and I am guessing 400+ of those deaths were on that one part of the level.  And it was actually not that bad to get through once I figured it out, I just spent about an hour straight trying to do it wrong.   Might have helped if I had quit and came back to the game when I was not dead tired.  But whatever.  I wanted to finish it tonight and I refused to look up a video to figure it out.  

HAPPY VETERINARIANS DAY TO ALL THE VETS WHO VOTED FOR ME FROM YOUR CAT PRESIDENT FOR FOUR MORE YEARS!!!! WE ONE THIS ELECTION BY A LOT!!!! DON'T LET BIDENCAT AND THE DUMBOCATS STEAL THIS ELECTION!!!! THE FAKE NEWS DOESN'T CALL THE ELECTION, UNLESS THEY CALL IT FOR ME!!!! STAND BY PROUDCATS!!!! 

May God have mercy on my soul... I'm playing AssCreed Origins and AssCreed Odyssey back to back.... And Jeff Bezos just dropped his AssCreed: Angry Norsepeople at my door
They're fun (Odyssey and Origins), but, yeah, be prepared to be stuck in that world for months to come. . . (and Origins is better).

RE: Yakuza. I keep thinking I might like these games, but I spent a number of hours in 0, got to the point where the main character meets a mysterious patron and the story just sort-of peters out and I was left running around doing random things because I had no idea what else to do. There are open worlds and then there are just worlds where there's a bunch of pointless sh*t to do that isn't enjoyable or meaningful, and this seems to fall squarely into the latter category. I get that maybe the story picks up later, but it does feel as though the game doesn't respect my time. I have 6 and both Kiwamis backlogged at this point, but I don't know whether I want to start any of them if they're all as disjointed as 0.

Finally got back into God of War. Waiting on Miles Morales to turn up at my door and I'll probably start that as soon as I finish wreaking havoc in the world of Norse mythology. Spider-Man was way more fun that it had any right to be--sort of like how Jurnee Smollett is way more gorgeous than any one human has any right to be.

In news that should surprise no one... SE's Marvel Avengers crashed hard losing 65 million dollars.
I can't believe that the mesh of boring repetitive gameplay, microtransactions, spreading "exclusive" content across every platform, Mountain Dew variety and Dorito bag, and character models that look like the Dollar General equivalent of the MCU personalities somehow failed to capture everyone's wallets.

bread's done
Back